Oh So Ill

K

Kitti

Original poster
sick-girl.jpg

[size=+1]
Oh, Iwaku! Being sick really sucks, everyone can agree on that.
However, from a mild case of the sniffles to the flu and more...
What's the most sick you've ever been? What exactly were you sick with?
[/size]

Being sick does suck! Luckily for me, my immune system kicks all sorts of ass and I'm rarely ill. Even when I am, it typically only lasts a day or two. However, one time...

I had a particularly nasty stomach bug that stayed with me for a whole week. I couldn't keep down anything the first few days. Only water and broth after. Not even the noodles in soup worked. I couldn't eat. That whole time.

I've never felt so hungry and miserable in my life and I'm glad I haven't had to relive it.

I have an impressive immune system. I rarely get sick anymore since I was so very sick as little Juku.

My sickness was severe sinusitis where I had to be hospitalized for a few months and be out of school for that period of time.
And it involved a lot of needles and tubes since I was too young to take pills. >_>

But, I'm thankful for it because I'd probably be sick to this day still..

The worst sick I have ever been was one so bad I had to take antibiotics. I was sick for at least four months and so bad I missed the entire last month of school during my 10th grade year. D: So bad, that I had to sleep on the couch downstairs cause I didn't have the energy to go UPstairs. (and we didn't have air conditioning upstairs so I might've just died.) I couldn't talk, coughed up gross things. And it kinda killed one of my eardrums so sometimes I have a hard time hearing people if they speak too low or if there's other sounds around. >< I was sick for a good month or two before I was finally taken to the doctor. >:[ I can't even remember what the infection was. t____t

The most sick I ever was, I had mono. For over a month. For those of you who don't know what it is, YOU ARE FCKING LUCKY. It never goes away - like asthma. You feel really tired and just all around BLAH.

Worst part?

Six months after I got better, I started losing my hair. Delayed side effect. I didn't go completely bald but I had thin spots so I couldn't wear my hair up for over a year while it all grew back! Talk about awful for a girl who now never has her hair DOWN!

I almost never gets sick :3 I catch a cold like two times a year x)

Around every second or third year I get a fever though, it often don't last longer than three days then it goes back into a cold instead :) So I have a fucking awesome immune defense xD moahhahah

But last year I got really sick. It started with fever that I had during three days, it was much higher than I used to have but I were able to keep it down with medicine. Then when the first three days was over then I felt better and not sick at all. The day after my healthy day though I woke up and couldn't talk, I went to the tv and sat there for a while and watched some program. Then I noticed that I got harder to breath, and it became worse and worse. And then dad was forced to drive me to the emergency ward. When it was at its worse when I got there then I could take two breaths before it became too difficult and I had to cough to be able to breath again.

I didn't have to wait at all, they took me in immediately and gave me oxygen so that I would be able to breath x) Then I laid there for five and a half hour before they found a medicine that opened up my airways xD The next day I were better but still couldn't talk.

The funny thing were that it was nothing wrong with me except the breathing part and that I couldn't talk, once I got the oxygen it felt like I were healthy again and I wanted to run around xD hahaha

Oh and that was the first time I
*Got oxygen
*Went to the emergency
* took a blood test
*Was really sick
*got my blood pressure checked
*Used an inhaler

I got so much experience that day xD

My immune system is amazing. I don't get full blown colds and such, I just sneeze a lot for a day and its gone. The only way I know that I was even sick is because everyone else in the house will come down with an awful cold :P

There has only been one time I have ever gotten really sick... Well, to, but I'm pretty sure that one was just once in a life time car sickness :/

Anyway, about grade..2? I came down with Bronchitis. Made it difficult to breathe at times, but I thought it was manageable. So did my parents. The only reason we even went to a doctor is because I woke up one night coughing because I couldn't breathe :/

But yeah, we got that cleared up, and it eventually went away after a couple of months.

Killed any athleticism I had though :/

2 WEEK FEVER. 3 DAY HOSPITALIZATION. 16 NOTIFICATIONS ON IWAKU.

>:[

I don't usually get sick since I have a pretty decent immune system, however, I have learned that when I do get sick it is either with something unusual or really bad.

Apparently, when I was around two years old, I came down with something and the doctors could even figure out what it was. I had a 103-104 fever and could hold anything down without puking it back up. As a result I couldn't eat or drink anything. I was apparently so thirsty that I did some crazy stuff to try and get something to drink. This included trying to steal water bottles, tried to drink dish water from the sink and a washcloth that was near it, attempting to drink from a bubbler (aka a water fountain) while at the doctors office, and lastly (and the most crazy) I tried to drink toilet water >_< Thank god my mom stopped me in time before I could do any of those, especially the last one.