FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
  1. Adaptable
Genres
Fantasy, Action, Romance, Slice Of Life
posting for inej.

running. always running. her boots slapped against the pavement as she raced over the cobbled rooftops of the city. she clutched the satchel to her chest as she slid down the side of a gabled roof. her boot kicked a loose shingle into the alley as she leapt across the narrow gap between buildings.
alarm bells rang through the city streets, echoing off buildings and not for the first time she wondered if this was really a good idea. "just steal the prototype from the royal vault. once we have that it's smooth sailing." her adoptive father's words rang through her brain. oh yeah, defiantly smooth sailing now. she was going to kill him when she got back. she had put half the city between her and the palace before the alarms went off but that was not enough for her liking. oceans between them wouldn't be enough. she'd been a wanted criminal before but this was way out of her depth.
she paused, ducking behind a chimney as shouts sounded in the street below. fuck. she counted to thirty and began running again. it was strange, funny almost, that no one ever looked up. she could do whatever she wanted on the rooftops and not a single person looked up. they'd check in dumpsters and beneath bridges, but never on a rooftop. stupid.
jae was a block away when she felt a strange tingle. it started at the tips of her toes and spread like a wildfire up her body. she pushed the feeling aside and leapt to the next roof.
the world went white.
she was falling.
her fingers blindly reached out for the gutter and grasped only air.

her back hit a wooden floor, the breath rushing out of her lungs. panic set in as jae scrambled to her knees, her arms raised over her head to regain her breath. as her teary eyes took in her surroundings, her panic only spiked. she was not laying dead in an alley, had she crashed through someones window? but she hadn't heard glass break. everything was... different. the furniture was strange and there was a strange device on a low table that seemed to be playing moving photographs. her gaze finally landed on the only other person in the room. he looked about as startled as she did.
"uh, hi?" yes, because that's what you say to the person who's window you just crashed through. she was way over her head.

it had just been a normal day. theo's work at the library consisted of cleaning the dusty shelves, sorting out the returned books, and helping out the few confused people to find the more hidden areas of the library. (such as the shelves with the non-fiction books on it. nobody liked non-fiction.) there was nothing too exciting about that section of the day, really, but it went by quickly and he was happy to be able to get something to eat and head home.

down the road, there was a bakery that theo really enjoyed going to. (they were used to seeing him bi-weekly, and always gave him a warm cup of coffee to drink with his baked goods. he thought that it was an extremely sweet thing to do.) usually, theo was scarily good at reaching the bus stop at the right time, but today? today was just not his lucky day. it turned out that he had missed his bus by a mere minute, which made him really regret taking so long to decide between taking a chocolate chip or blueberry muffin. the next bus heading towards his house would take another thirty minutes. theo huffed, plopping down onto the bench before glaring into the contents of his bag.

great. so now theo had too much time to kill and nothing to kill it with. he stared blankly at the in front of him, playing a childish game of yellow-car by himself in an attempt to make himself less bored. that's when he realised that the building in front of him was brand new -- or at least he thought it was -- he'd never seen it before. the thing that drew him to cross the road were the bookshelves in plain view of the window. it didn't seem like an expensive bookstore, but more so a pop-up type thrift store. it wouldn't hurt to check it out... theo had plenty of time.

the thrift store was like paradise. bookshelves reached up to the ceiling, and it carried the endearing scent of old -- but not unpleasant -- books. theo started to browse quickly, realising that if he got too carried away, he could end up missing another bus. there were books about witches and wizards, superheroes, robotic humanoids, dragon tamers, humans that lived with monsters as pets... first edition books, books that were signed by the author... theo just placed them all into a basket. if there was one thing he allowed himself to splurge on, it was books. (and various goodies for his kitten, but mostly this.)

at the counter, there was a book displayed that caught theo's attention. the cover was beautiful, leather bound and all. he peeked into the first few pages to get a basic idea of what the book was about -- the main character was a girl called jae park, involved in crime and stuff. he decided that she sounded pretty badass, and added the book into the already-large pile he had collected.

theo read and read and read, starting with the intriguing book about jae park. he read on the bus, read while he ate his muffin (and then dinner), and read while half-watching tv. when he got to the last page of the book, something truly strange happened. the book flung itself to the floor, and then... and then, a figure materialised in front of him. theo flinched in surprise, rubbing his eyes and then blinking them hard. the girl, she was still there. "uh, hi?" she said, and theo shook his head.

"not hi," theo replied, trying to keep fear out of his voice. "who are you? how... how did you get here?"

posting for inej.

jae stared at the man and raised her hands, palms out to show she was unarmed (she wasn't, but she wasn't going to pull a knife on the guy who's living room she crashed into). "i fell through your window, sorry about that." she glanced over her shoulder at the intact windows and her brow furrowed. "or not. okay." she glanced up, maybe she fell through a skylight? but that wouldn't make sense given that she was between buildings before she was here. "i'm going to be honest, i have no idea how i got here." she, slowly, got to her feet. "i'm just gonna..." she backed toward the window, "let myself out. lovely home you have, by the way."
she ducked her head out of the window, hoping to catch sight of the bag she dropped. what she found was much worse than anything she could have expected. horseless carriages raced down streets, signs blinked and glowed brighter than stars. this was not the city she knew like the back of her hand. "what the fuck..." the words left her in a quiet rush.
jae pulled her head back and spun on the man on the couch. he seemed fairly non-threatening, or at least someone she figured she could easily take in a fight. "just a quick question, before i go." she took a deep breath, "who are you? where are we? what the hell is that?" she punctuated the question with a gesture toward the strange picture box. it was magic, it had to be. something went wrong and she was hallucinating. it wouldn't be the first time.

this was truly the strangest thing that had happened in theo's life, and although his life was usually so painfully boring that it really didn't say much, it was no exaggeration. he just watched in silence as the girl talked, at a loss for words. you didn't fall through the window, he wanted to comment. my neighbours would have filed a complaint about the noise if you did, and you would possibly be a lot more injured.but she figured that out for herself, and he managed to keep his mouth shut. which was good, because she seemed like the type of person who would roast him if he started an argument. but it was also not very good, because there was no logical reason behind how or why she was here, in his house.

"listen, i know this is weird and all, and the window's your nearest exit, but the door is over that way," theo said lightly, pointing towards his door and smiling slightly despite the situation. this girl was interesting, for sure. "please try not to jump out the window, i live in an apartment. it's dangerous." it was all a joke, really, but he also didn't know how he would explain how a person he's never seen before ended up at his house, and then jumped out of his window. that would be sure to give him an interesting reputation around town...

when the girl turned back towards him, theo could see the bewilderment in her eyes, and he was reminded that this was no laughing matter. this was some weird shit, and she was really a complete stranger. even though he wasn't an extreme social butterfly, he did pride himself in knowing a lot of the people around him. and she didn't resemble anyone he knew. she started questioning theo, and he could feel himself getting nervous. years of being a librarian had trained him to be the most helpful person he could be, but what if she was trying to collect his information for some weird motive? what if it was all an act? sure he was probably overthinking a bit, and maybe he'd read too much fiction, but today proved that anything could happen.

"my name is... tom," theo said finally, using a fake name that came from the book he'd been reading. "you're in my apartment-- wait, do you not know what a television is?" he asked, genuinely curious and having no sneer in his words. it felt like the more he found out about this girl, the stranger she got.
"or are you just making fun of how small it is? my friends do that too. i'm saving up for a new one."

@xxvalkyrie i think this is how you mention people? kinda cool uwu
just realised that i forgot to put in their forms and stuff... it'll be ok... i'm sorry

//sorry this took so long! i put the forms in a fancy, i hope you don't mind. figured it was the least i could do since i took five bazillion years to answer.

jae stared at him, her attention consumed by the thing he called a Tee-Vee. Her eyes narrowed as she approached the contraption. "you're telling me there are bigger ones?" wait, wait. no that didn't sound right. "that came out wrong," yeah, just like you, you digbat. she rubbed a hand over her face and briefly turned her attention toward the man who had introduced himself as tom. "to answer your question, no. i've never seen one of these before. where did you get it?" jae crouched before the device, sinking back on her haunches as her eyes followed the images moving on the screen. she was surprised her father hadn't gotten his hands on it before this tom. father was always trying to get the newest gadgets.

a voice that sounded suspiciously like her father's told her she should introduce herself, show some manners. she should probably apologize for crash-landing in his apartment. how she had broke in probably wasn't the most important part at the moment. it was the least she could do since he hadn't tried to attack her or call for help. she tore her eyes from the screen and spared him a glance over her shoulder, i'm jae. she should have given him a fake name, hell, she should have left already. damn this hypnotic box. she didn't turn to face him as she asked, "did you by any chance see me drop a bag? brown, kinda worn out? probably made a thud when it landed? it's kinda important i get that back." why was she telling him all this? sure, he seemed harmless enough, but he didn't need to know about the bag. it'd just put him in danger. her being here was putting him in more danger than either of them wanted to deal with.

i can't believe i fell. it was a rookie mistake she thought she was better than. she'd raced over the rooftops more often than she ran through the streets, she shouldn't have slipped. if she lived through the night she was never going to live it down. the all amazing jae crashing through some guy's living room. it'd be easier to explain that she was running away to become a stripper for the parisian royal court than to tell her family she not only lost the bag but she fell too. she wasn't sure if her pride could handle it.
JAE

name: theodore wang
nicknames: call him theo!
date of birth: august 22
zodiac: leo
pronouns: masculine, he/him
sexual orientation: pansexual
romantic orientation: panromantic

brief appearance:
- height is 181cm (6'0)
- weighs around 65kg (143lbs)
- face is quite chiseled
- has unblemished, pale skin
- dark hair and dark eyes
- lips are naturally a bit pouty
- hasn't got any tattoos or piercings
faceclaim: hwang minhyun

brief personality:
- positive, expressive, creative, affectionate, open-minded, passionate, energetic, flexible
- impractical, impulsive, childish, critical, spacey, naive, messy
mbti: infp, the mediator

headcanons:
- attended a private high school and hated it
- graduated uni with a bachelor of arts
- living alone & doing a few jobs on the side
- just a regular ol' twenty four year old tbh
- a bookworm, loves finding new books
- loves thrift shops so much it's an addiction
- really bad at cooking but does it to Survive
- loves to eat spicy food but also suffers
- "crying is part of the experience"
- mouth has absolutely no filter. none
- doesn't know what personal space is
- voice is loud. laugh is even louder
- kind of a hopeless romantic to be honest
- falls in love real easily, but he's Loyal
- has a cat and treats her as his child
THEODORE

full name: jae park.
nickname: none.
d.o.b;; march 7th.
zodiac;; pisces.
gender identity: female.
pronouns: feminine, she/her.
orientation: panromantic pansexual.
love interest: will develop.

appearance:
- stands at 5'06"
- weighs 108 lbs.
- naturally black hair, currently bleached
- hair cut at a shoulder length
- dark brown eyes
- scars all over her torso and arms
- a thin, silver one on her left ring finger; two symmetrical red scars beneath her collar bones; a scar across her back that deepens just left of her spine; a sloppy tattoo removal on her right forearm.
- fc: im jinah

personality:
- compassionate, empathetic, strategic, devoted, loyal, independent, self-motivated, intense, individualized, level-headed, adaptable, capable, courageous, daring, decisive, hard-working, romantic, self-reliant.

- sarcastic, headstrong, stubborn, self-loathing, snarky, maternal, private, abrasive, angry, calculating, deceitful, disobedient, impulsive, paranoid, vague, superstitious, self-sacrificing, petty.

strengths:
- first aid
- close combat
- negotiation
- strategy
- calm in high tension situation
- languages
- socialization
weakness:
- math
- following orders
- communication
- lack of self preservation
- too demanding of herself
- long distance combat
mental disorder(s):
- dyscalculia.

lazy history:
- orphaned at age 8
- turned to crime to survive, barely escaping being caught and sent to a brothel
- breaks the events of her life in a Before and After
- the Before is her childhood of petty crimes slowly progressing and daring escapes
- the event that led to the after was the strangest thing she'd ever experienced and she still doesn't know how to feel about it
- she was stealing the wheels off a carriage parked in one of the worse parts of the city
- turns out, it was one of the city's noble's carriages and he caught her in the act
- didn't even freak out when she went to hit him with a crowbar, instead he bought her a meal and took her under his wing
- and thus began the After
- it only gets weirder in the After

headcanons:
- here, hold my morals. i got some sketchy shit to take care of
- street rat
- cuddle monster
- except she doesn't actually cuddle
- it's more like huddling
- big spoon, s/o in a headlock, her leg thrown over their waist
- there is no escape
- talks to inanimate objects
- was put on this earth to fuck shit up