Oh ho ho! I am back...in a way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Q

Quetzal265

Original poster
Oh dear, my first post on this account, just wonderful!

Hello everybody! Quetzal here, just here to spread my...I actually don't have anything to spread, that's too bad...

Now, don't let my glorious profile picture fool you! I am a rather..."serious" person. Now, I'm going to be quite honest with you, as the title says, I was here a loooong time ago (6 months to be exact), but I unfortunately learned something about myself during that time: I can't do as many roleplays as I thought I could. As you can probably guess within the milisecond that you read that, you could guess that me, being the stupid fool I was, joined a bunch of roleplays. I mean, can ya blame me? There were SO many to choose from! So many stories to play out, but ultimaely, I couldn't keep up.

Long story short, I ended up joining so many new rps, which I would eventually lose my absolute interest (I'd still rp of course), then look for more rps to join, annnnd repeat. This of course led to a death spiral of stress in which I would never leave unless I actually communicated my problem to my partners. Of course my cowardly a** never did that and I just ended up taking a three week hiatus before becoming too separated and disengaged from this community to come back. Then I just had my account deleted. Now believe me, I still kick myself in the butt for this, and I hate myself for abandoning the partners I had, I know they deserved a better partner than me.

Now, you may be wondering why in the freaking world I brought my sad a** back to the community after abandoning. Easy, because I love this place too much, I decided that in order for me to have a fun, stress-free, and hopefully efficeient time here, I decided not to be an rp sponge. Plus, I shall...toughen up and actively communicate with my partners. To hone my skills with that, I'm going to try and join only one rp until I learn to keep myself from repeating my cowardly mistakes. So, if you ever find me trying to join more than one rp, just kindly tell me to f*ck off.

Now, I don't want to tell you guys my old username (unless I am told by an admin that I just HAVE to tell them), as I am still scared that my old rp partners will rise uplike the dead and eat me alive. Plus, I totaly understand it if you feel like I am the lowest of the low scum of the Earth, just...please don't kill me.

Here's to a hopefully more mature version of myself.

My profile pcture is proof of that.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Greenie
Heya Quetzal, welcome back to Iwaku. Don't beat yourself up about your past mistakes, many of us have made the same error of joining too many RPs at once. You've learnt from it, and now you can come back better than ever! If you ever want to do a casual low-stress RP you can hit me up, since I'm happy with very flexible posting speeds and lengths.

By the way, is your avatar an image from Extra Credits?

Heya Quetzal, welcome back to Iwaku. Don't beat yourself up about your past mistakes, many of us have made the same error of joining too many RPs at once. You've learnt from it, and now you can come back better than ever! If you ever want to do a casual low-stress RP you can hit me up, since I'm happy with very flexible posting speeds and lengths.

By the way, is your avatar an image from Extra Credits?
Oh ho ho! Someone has a good eye! Yes, it is XD I screenshotted it because it seemed funny, but it seemed so right as a profile pic xD

Welcome back Quetzal! :D <3

At the very least it sounds to me like you have learned from past mistakes and know better not to overload yourself again ^^! RPs are very fun and addictive but there is that fine line of balancing that and real life at the same time, it's pretty hard, I admit that I do some wrongs prioritizing sometimes :X (I mean, if it's between making food for me and replying, it's pretty easy what I choose 8D)

It's partially a shame that there won't be any murder though. . . I mean, who doesn't enjoy a good killing? 8D RP wise, of course ^^

Anyway. . .

Glad to have you back to our community ^o^! <3

Oh ho ho! Someone has a good eye! Yes, it is XD I screenshotted it because it seemed funny, but it seemed so right as a profile pic xD
I have not only one, but two good eyes! :P
Good choice, I think the Extra Credits art style makes for a good avatar!

Welcome back Quetzal! :D <3

At the very least it sounds to me like you have learned from past mistakes and know better not to overload yourself again ^^! RPs are very fun and addictive but there is that fine line of balancing that and real life at the same time, it's pretty hard, I admit that I do some wrongs prioritizing sometimes :X (I mean, if it's between making food for me and replying, it's pretty easy what I choose 8D)

It's partially a shame that there won't be any murder though. . . I mean, who doesn't enjoy a good killing? 8D RP wise, of course ^^

Anyway. . .

Glad to have you back to our community ^o^! <3
Why thank you! No, no murder is allowed!

I have not only one, but two good eyes! :P
Good choice, I think the Extra Credits art style makes for a good avatar!
Ah yes, perfect style for all our avatar needs! Plus, I might just take up that offer when a geeenniiuuuss idea comes to mind!

(My phone hate italics)

Welcome back, Quetzal - been there, done that on the 'join too many things and burn out' train XD Luckily you can always learn from mistakes and grow :) Best of luck and happy roleplaying (just not too much ;-D)

Hey Quetzal, I know what you mean there with the overloading yourself on RP's, but being aware of it yourself and taking steps to improve not only for your partners but for your own decreased stress is, I think, a wonderful thing! I hope you find your way back into the community easily and find those select few great RP's that keep you going. :D Stay chill, mah man.

Welcome back! I hope things work out better for you this time around. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.