Oh... hey.

Discussion in 'THREAD ARCHIVES' started by Elle Joyner, Aug 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sooo basically, my old site's owner had an ego overload and made the entire site explode with unnecessary edits, and then told those of us who were disappointed/upset/angry to take our 'salt' elsewhere, so here I am :) trying something new and trying not to panic.

I've been RPing for roughly 19 years. Yes. You read that right. I'm old *lol*. I started out with the dinosaurs, but I've adapted okay to this newfangled internet business... and I promise I won't tell y'all to get off my lawn too often >_>

Anyhow - I primarily RP at a detailed/advanced level - I keep myself to a three paragraph minimum, because I am a pathetic overachiever, but I will never be elitist or gross about it, because frankly, I've seen some beautiful posts that were short and some trash that was pages long. I'll take quality over quantity any day.

One thing that I do NOT RP is ERP. This is just a personal choice, being a God-fearin' wife and currently-pregnant mommy (of a toddler at a remarkably good vocabulary and reading level *lol*). No judgment <3 I'm just all about them fade-to-blacks *lol*.

All of that said, I'm still trying to recover from losing a MESS of content (two years worth), so I'm not really in the market for RPs right now, but I figured I'd say 'hi' anyhow :)

Looking forward to snuggling in!

• Like Like x 5
    • Love Love x 1
    • You Need a Hug You Need a Hug x 1
  2. Hey Elle, welcome to Iwaku! Sorry to hear about the loss of your posts. I can relate; it's a terrible thing to happen to any roleplayer.

Hopefully you'll find it more welcoming (and stable!) here than the other site. If you have any questions, feel free to shoot me or any of the other staff a PM and we'll be sure to help.

• Thank Thank x 1
  3. Heya! I'm really glad you decided to give Iwaku a shot. Change can be rough, especially if it's not a change you were expecting to make, but I truly hope you'll enjoy it here. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.

• Thank Thank x 1
  4. Elllllllle~ Nice to see you here, girlie. (:

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  5. Welcome to Iwaku,

I would like to say welcome to Iwaku. I am glad to see you joined we have everything from chat roleplay to thread and pm roleplay what ever you prefer. I am a member. Make sure to read the rules, if you haven't already, and if you have any questions please feel free to ask. If you are new to role playing in general, welcome we have many helpful tips, and discussions. We also have many Helpful staff and memebers.

I am Dark Disney, I have been on here a year now. Please feel free to pm me at any time, I do have a husband and Job that I work full time hours as a swim instructor, I may not answer right away. I do have a blog that will tell you what is going on in my life feel free to look at it and see where I am.

I do love this site. Their is something for everyone, here on this website is literally a place to call home away from home. Need an outlet we have Blogs and a counseling section. If it is a major problem with a member inform the staff immediately or Administrator if it is a problem with staff member. If it is a problem with the site their is a bug report in help desk. Normally happens with updates.

The people you will meet on here are just as nice and I am proud to say some are good friends, and some are like family and I really do love all them. Now I have put some helpful links in here for you. Now go and explore our wonderful home and welcome to the family.

An important rule, respect the staff and here it is the most important rule Have fun.

Your friendly Neighborhood,
    Dark Disney

• Thank Thank x 1
  6. Hi Elle! Welcome to a safe place. I'm one of the Staff here and I've been playing for about 16-17 years myself. Good to see another old hand at this who understands quality > quantity.

Iwaku allows ERP and such, but don't worry; you're not going to be expected to do it. And if anyone does try to push you to do it, you can let me know so I can punch them in their genital bits. 8D

Let me know if you need any other help, too.

• Thank Thank x 1
  7. Welcome to Iwaku, sorry it had to be under such unfortunate circumstances! My pre-Iwaku roleplay forum also had some major problems that ended up killing years of people's work, so I can absolutely understand the drive to try something new after such a loss. We here at Iwaku work really hard to keep things stable, and we revert widely unpopular changes (like earlier this year when we tried a new roleplay organization system that people ended up disliking) rather than telling people to go elsewhere, so hopefully this'll become your comfy new roleplay home.

Also, not being into ERP is totally cool, just avoid the Libertine section and you'll be almost entirely safe from the smut. :D

• Thank Thank x 1
  8. OH man. Haha - Please bear in mind that when I say this I am currently 5 months pregnant and VERY hormonal... but I'm like... crying right now, because you are all so amazingly nice. I've been struggling so hard on my former site not to feel like an outcast, because I made the mistake of getting in with the staff and then the staff fell apart and those that remained took it personally that I was friends with people who left the site.

It's been a long, hard year, dealing with it and I had no idea how desperate it had gotten till reading these posts now. Thank you, honestly. <3

• You Need a Hug You Need a Hug x 4
    • Bucket of Rainbows Bucket of Rainbows x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Hello Elle, I am Melon! It's nice to have more experienced writers such as yourself around! If you ever have questions, or just want to talk about whatever, feel free to shoot me a PM! I look forward to seeing you around the forum! <3

• Thank Thank x 1
  10. Hello, @Elle Joyner, and welcome to the site ^.^ If you're not interested in role-playing Iwaku does have other means of entertainment that can also double as a way to get to know this new community like the General Chat forum where you can hang around and chat about general topics. You also may notice the Counseling sub forum and the Bored Games sub forum which hosts games other than rps :3 We also have the Lobby, which back in my day was called the C-box ^.^;, where you can instantly chat with members in real time. We also have an entire Content area where you can find guides, Roleplay discussions, art forums dedicated to both art and writing (we even support solo RPS where you just rp with yourself), and other neat things :D

You may have noticed already that the staff members sport red names in different shades. Each one represents the different staffing departments :) You have a bold red for the Security department, the department that deals with reports and generally makes sure you or anyone else isn't up to anything questionable, and you have a calmer red for the Community Maintenance, the branch Click This and I belong to :3 We generally keep up the maintenance of the community by moving threads to their proper place, archiving them when they reach there expiration date, reviving them when asked, and over all making sure threads are kept neat and easy to find. The last branch of community is the Content staff. They're of a pale red and make sure to give you guides and other neat things to make sure you're never bored :D Of course we also have our Staff Interns who actually show up a nice blue. Without them we would never have our coffee ^.^ Kidding of course, they help us around the forums too and make we're not driving ourselves crazy and all. In short they're training to be staff members themselves.

I hope to see you around the forums and may the muse be with you \(^.^)/

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. We have lots of people here who have been playing for a long time (and plenty new ones, too!) so you'll find that you're not an odd one out here at all.
    I've been roleplaying for somewhere around ten years now myself!

I hope that the site makes you feel very welcome! If you need help with anything, the staff (and even the members, I bet) would be happy to help you out.
    I'm Kitti, by the by, and as you might tell from my banner, I help head up the content department here! We do all kinds of fun stuff like workshops and writing challenges in addition to roleplays, for example here.
    Welcome!

• Thank Thank x 1
  12. Oh my god, I'm late to the party D;!
    Welcome to Iwaku!
    I hope to RP with you sometime seeing as I'm always looking for awesome people with the ability to write sick-ass posts.

If you need any help, please don't hesitate to ask :D

• Thank Thank x 1
  13. Hallo Elle! 8D I am a housewife too. But I'm a dirty strumpet. >:3

I hope you can build a nice nest here and have better experiences!

• Like Like x 1
  14. *LOL* I like my little nest already :)

• Love Love x 1
  15. Welcome to Iwaku! When I was forced away from a previous site, Iwaku became my home, and it's treated me exceptionally well—enough that I volunteered to join staff.

I hope you enjoy it here, and that your experiences here are only positive. ♥

Also, RP oldies for the win. Nearly 14 years, here!

• Thank Thank x 1
  16. Welcome to Iwaku Elle Joyner! :)

I'm terribly sorry to hear you lost a bunch of stuff D: it's happened to me in the past, and I understand how terrible it is T_T

Hopefully you can find a new home here on Iwaku, rekindle with old friends from RPN maybe, and make new old friends here :D housewaifus for the win!

You'll be glad to see that we have a clear division between ERP and regular RPs (section called Libertine for 18+, Liberteen for 13-17) and most roleplays (from what I've seen) have a fade-to-black rule. It's always best to ask the GM about it though, I'd hate for you to get a bad surprise!

As a final note, I'd like to invite you to check out our Discord server :D You can find the pinned thread in the General Chat section. It's very easy to register, and there is no need to use the voice chat -- it's also a place where you can chat with other users and staff members! Sidenote: staff members have red usernames and banners, and intern staff members (like me!) have an icy-mint-blue name and banner.

I really hope you enjoy it here! Welcome to your new nest :D

• Thank Thank x 1
  17. Hello and Welcome to Iwaku ^.^ Enjoy your stay here.

• Thank Thank x 1
  18. oh man. I feel ya so hard. When I saw all the error pages and my deconstructed code and all that mess I teared up and may have started throwing things </3 (Idk if you ever saw me on the old site, I was whitefoxkiller over there, but I had a lot of accounts before that. BUT I KNOW YOU XD) Anyway I'm so glad all these people are coming over. lets all start fresh!! :') (there are also a TON more people from out old site so YOU ARE NOT ALONE IN THE EMOTION!)

• Like Like x 2
  19. HAH! I do remember you :) You were in my "All That Remains" RP that didn't last very long *LOL* It's really heartbreaking. And I know the idea is to fix it, but at this point, you can't fix the hateful attitude of the staff, and that was enough to make me flee :)

20. well yeah the staff and I'm pretty sure there was a general toxic feeling growing there. Like, even with users. There was some major SHIT happening behind the scenes that was just too shitty to be real. It was kinda going down before the update and I was thinking of leaving just to escape the bullies and brown-nosers and all my lost work really cemented. Like. Scrolling through private workshop was /tragic/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.