Office Love

Fae looked up at Paige as she spoke, not aware fo the conversation that her and Allister had been having.

"What? I was not paying attention at all, the last thing I heard was about my ass...." Fae chuckled and ran her hand through her hair.

"I didn't mean to not be paying attention, I was just....well...not paying attention." Fae chuckled again and watched as Paige flirtatiously smikred at a girl down the bar.

"You know her?" Fae said as she was handed another drink. "Um...Joe...I don't need another but thank you." Joe chuckled

"Well you ladies are popular tonight because a man across the bar just bought it for you." Joe chuckled and walked away. Fae looked across the bar, the man was cute, so Fae smiled and at him, she was not very good at flirting, he waved at her. Fae left the drink there not drinking it, if she had anymore, she would start to get drunk.

"Nope, but I will soon enough." Paige said with a hint of meaning behind her tone. The woman was 'yummy-looking' as Joe had put it and she was not about to pass up on yummy-looking women.

"Alright ladies, you two have fun, while I, get myself out of here before my girlfriend bursts out that door holding a machine gun." And with a kiss to Paige and a wave to Fae, Allister left.

Fae was surprised that Paige said she would soon enough, she figured she was into girls now, which was perfectly fine with Fae, seeing how she was also, but she liked guy's as well, just not as much... Fae waved good-bye to Allister and then looked back across the bar, the guy was gone. Fae sighed and looked at the woman that had given Paige a drink, She was really pretty. Fae figured she would wait for Paige to leave to go after that woman before she left, she didn't feel like being a third wheel.

"Go, talk to her then.." Fae said as she nugged Paige.

"Hmmm. Maybe I will." Paige said as she slid down the chair and went to the woman. She was probably a bit older than Paige, maybe 3 or 5 years. But that only meant she had more experience. Paige was generally bisexual, although the few times she had a woman sexual partner she had enjoyed it. So what different would it be now? I mean, there were a few times she had actually thought Fae was--is--attractive but, she didn't think she'd be up to that. What was she doing thinking about Fae anyway when there's a perfectly good looking woman in front of her?

"Hi," she said with a smile and the woman gave it back. "Hi, please, have a seat."

"I can't. I'm actually with a friend but..."

"I understand," she still smiled at her and took out a pen and wrote her number on a napkin. 876-6529 -Cam "Call me, sometime."

Paige took it with a flirty smile on her face. "See you soon then."

Paige went back to her chair with Fae and gave a slight toast to Cam and turned back to Fae with a huge smile on her face. "So, how about you and that cute boytoy over there?"

"Oh, well he kinda left so, there is no boy toy and well...Never mind, Listen I had a great time but I gotta go." Fae grabbed her Blazer off the back of her chair and started to walk out. She had a great time, and she really liked Paige, how she knew so many people and how she was just so cool with talking to other people. Fae had had a crush on Paige since she started her internship, but Fae was always to shy to act on it. She didn't know if Paige was like that, she seemed like she was but at the same time she didn't. Fae left and got in her car, starting it she put her head on the steering wheel.

"Ugh, Fae you are so stupid.."

Paige looked blankly at the spot Fae just left. Well, that was weird. She thought they were having a great time. Did she do anything wrong? She took a sip from her drink, still wondering about Fae when she remembered that she left her bag inside of Fae's car.

"Oh, crap." Paige ran outside and found Fae sitting on the driver's seat with her head on the steering wheel. She knocked on the window. "Hey, are you alright? Do you want me to drive you home? I forgot my bags in your car... what happened back there?"

Fae jumped when she heard the knock on the window, she rolled down the window and looked at Paige. "Oh um, yeah, I just ugh, its hard to explain, you can grab your bags and I will see you tommrow at work." Fae felt bad, she was having a good time with Paige, but Paige was just so much more fun than her and seemed to know her way around more then Fae did. Fae felt stupid for leaving her but, she was not ready to admit to anyone, other than her friends that she was not straight. "I had a great time Paige I just really have to get home, I will see you at work."

Paige looked at her dubiously. "Darling, Fae, we don't have work tomorrow. It's Saturday. Are you sure you're doing okay?"

Fae looked up at Paige when she said tommrow was Saturday. "Oh, um, yea I knew that, I am fine, I just, I can't talk about it, listen I really have to go Paige I am sorry." Fae rolled up the window and drove away, she looked back at Paige and felt her stomach start to hurt, why was it so hard for Fae to just tell her that she was Lesbo.

Paige didn't get the chance to get her things but that was the least of her concerns. Fae had been acting really weird inside the club. Was it something she said? Was it something she did? Was Fae... homophobic? "Well, damn." Paige said as she stood straight back up. She looked at the entrance before looking back at her watch. It was still early, but she'd rather head home. She went inside and took her coat, waving at Cam and Joe before walking home.

She practically just passed out once she got inside her apartment, not thinking about anything else until the next morning.

In the morning Fae woke up with her cat rubbing her tail under her nose. "Good morning, Louie." Fae sat up and her cat meowed at her. Fae felt bad about how she had treated Paige last night she felt like she needed to explain herself, so that's what she did. Fae stood up, getting out if bed, she grabbed her phone...she didn't know Paige's number. "I'll look it up on our website." All of the emploies numbers were on the law firms website, Fae logged on and looked up her number. Once she got it she called Paige...no answer. she is probably still sleeping, Fae thought to herself, Fae left a voice mail. "Hey Paige it's Fae, listen umm, I am really sorry about last night, I didn't mean to offend you, I just would really rather tell you about this in person, so maybe if we could met up before tonight, if you still want me to go to that party with you, um call me back, thanks and sorry." Fae hung up and went to get in the shower.

Paige got out of the shower and proceeded to dump her clothes on the hamper. Her Siberian husky, Pao-pao, stopped his scratching on the bathroom door. "What's up, buddy?" He followed her around as she changed her clothes and proceeded to go to the kitchen to make her food. On her way she noticed the light for new voicemails was on so she tapped that.

"Hey Paige it's Fae, listen umm, I am really sorry about last night, I didn't mean to offend you, I just would really rather tell you about this in person, so maybe if we could met up before tonight, if you still want me to go to that party with you, um call me back, thanks and sorry."

Paige stood in her kitchen, about to make food but decided against it. She got her phone and sent a text to Fae. "Meet me at Antonio's NOW."

She grabbed her keys and made sure Pao-pao had food and water before heading out. "I'll be home soon, buddy. Love you," she said, patting the dog and giving it a kiss as she went out the door. She heard the dog whining and trying to scratch the door, wanting to be out with her. She felt a bit bad. She promised herself not to take a lot of time at Fae's.

Paige parked her motorcycle at the curb. The Ducati was a gift from her uncle after she finished graduate school. It was why she never wanted or needed a car in the first place. She preferred to walk to most places and if it couldn't be done, well, she does love the roaring sound of a motorcycle engine. She went inside to wait for Fae and ordered herself a drink.

Fae walked around her house, eating an apple and pulling her shirt over her head, when she felt her phone vibrate in her picket. "oh." Fae grabbed her phone out of her pocket and read the text.

'be there soon' Fae sent the text and pulled on a pair of boots. She walked out of her apartment after give Louie some food and water. She slide into her Mercedes and drive to Antonio's. She saw Paige's Ducati sitting outside against the curb. Fae walked in and saw Paige sitting at a table.

Fae walked over to the table and set her purse in the back of the chair along with her leather Jacket that she had been wearing.

"Hi, Okay, so I know you probably have a lot to do today so I will make this short...last night I was acting weird, not because you freaked me out or because you went and hit in that lady at the bar....I'm not homophobic, because if I was, I would hate myself..." Fae looked up at Paige smirked she felt bad, for ditching her.

"Paige...I'm a lesbian, and I didn't know you were and I, just was surprised when you went and hit on that woman and to be honest I have had the hugest crush on you since you started interning, and I didn't want things to get weird and I don't ussualy go to things like that, so I already felt out of my comfort zone." Fae didn't know what else to say. Fae just looked down at the table and fidgeted with her phone.

Paige stayed silent for a bit, processing the thoughts in her head. "Woah, woah. Back-up. First point, I'm not really a lesbian... ya know. I'm more than likely bisexual, bi-curious, that kind of deal. And I'm sorry for taking you out of your comfort zone... I just wanted to show you around town, you know. Get more experiences and shit. And as for the whole having a crush thing, darling, I think you're gorgeous. But I don't think, you know, it'd be wise for us to start anything considering it's against the firm's policy. And I've never been serious with a girl. I hope you understand." Holy hell, how the hell did this turn out this way? One moment they were having fun and the next... what in the world?

"Fae, I'm really sorry about last night. Uhm... yeah, I don't really know how to fix this..."

Paige glanced up at Paige, she had every reason to be freaking out like this.

"I understand that this is a lot to take in, I just wanted to tell you, and its fine, I didn't mean to be rude or call you a lesbian, cause to be honest I am more Bi-sexual than anything, but I prefer women. I am sorry I didn't mean to rude, I don't expect you to fix stuff or to fix anything. I just wanted to explain myself. i am really sorry, I hope I didn't waste your time." Fae grabbed her coat off the back of her chair as she stood up and pulling her jacket on.

"I am really sorry, I know this a lot to take in, I will save you the trouble and not go to the party." Fae reached in her purse and pulled out a 20.

"Here is the money for your drink. Have a good time tonight Paige, you really are a great girl and I am sorry I put you through this." Fae smiled and waited for Paige to say good bye or something before she left.

"Hold on, hold up." Paige grabbed Fae's hand. "Can we please take 2 seconds to let this sink in? Please." She inhaled. Processed her thoughts and counted for a few seconds. "Okay, Fae. There's nothing to fix. There's nothing to deal with. We are two rational adults, we can handle this. I'd like for you to still come with me to the party tonight. I consider you a good friend. We can just, deal with this as two mature individuals and get it over with yeah? I'll see you at the party." Paige smiled at Fae. Hopefully this won't weird things out between them.

Fae was glad that Paige was being mature about this. "Your right, I should chill." Fae smiled slightly, I would love to go to the party with you and I will try not to act weird." Fae wanted things to work things out, she wanted to stay friends with Paige, she was nice and understood or at least seemed too. Fae smiled at Paige and then realized that she was still holding onto her hand. "uh, Paige you might want to let go.." Fae chuckled, she sat back down and looked at Paige "so what should I wear?"

Paige gave a chuckle as she released Fae's hand. Good. She wasn't gonna have awkward encounters at work. When she asked about clothing though, Paige lit up. Oh, boy, did she love dressing people up! And did she know what she was doing.

"Why don't we go to your place and see what kind of clothes you have and we find nothing there we'll switch to my place. We look a bit the same size."

Oh, maaan. Paige was giddy. She looooved dressing up people. She's always been good with fashion. She actually considered it as a serious career track before. She looked at Fae, oh the wonders she could do to that body. She blushed at the thought and choked on air. What the hell?! She totally only meant that as the things she could change when she dresses her up, oh geez. What was she doing arguing with herself anyway?

Fae chuckled when Paige released her hand. "Well, I don't really have much at my house, just work clothes and a few spring dresses, other than that I have nothing to wear party wise." Fae felt embarrassed, Fashion for parties was never really her thing she ussualy only wore stuff appropriate for the public eye.

"I think I have like one thing that I could wear, but that's it, but yeah, we can look, but I hope you aren't allergic to cats." Fae smiled at Paige.

"So I will take my car, and you can just follow me back to my house and then we can just take your Ducati or something to your house." Fae felt excited she had never had anyone there to help her with fashion after she moved out of her parents house and her mom wasn't exactly the best at fashion as it is, so this was going to be fun for Fae.

"Cats, dogs, raccoon, I'm good with 'em." Paige smiled and nodded at the plan. "That sounds cool. Let's go." She pulled out another extra bill before she realized Fae has put some already so she just shrugged and stood up. Paige has always been confident with herself. She loved fashion. She loved dressing up. She loved parties and shoes and pretty much everything else. Paige couldn't hide her excitement.