Off to War round 2 (parts already taken)

Status
Not open for further replies.
She shook his head. "Don't joke Jason." Alana said softly. "I need some time to think. You can't just spring this on someone and you shouldn't have told me here. Now this place is tainted."

Without a pause she jumped into the water and headed back to the beach. Alana couldn't grasp what he said in a few minutes, she needed some time to think about what he was doing.

As she left he called out to her
"Alana wait!"
She left already, he placed his head on the wall and sighed.
"Damn it."
He stood there complaining for a while before heading back, he knew that he messed up, but he didn't expect her to be this annoyed.
Jason reached the beach walking aimlessly.

She got to the beach and took a bag of chips with her before sitting off to the side of everyone. Alana didn't understand where he was coming from, why anyone would train just to see what it was like. If a war came he would be taken away and she hated that idea.

Alana started to make a sand castle after awhile, remembering how they used to make them as children.

Jason saw her after a while and sat down next to her, not saying a word. He was bad at these things, he wasn't mad it was expected she wouldn't like that and that things might be worsen, but he felt that this was his way.
He assisted her in building the sand castle, still not saying a word.
His options were limited, he couldn't get out of that just yet, at least one year he would have to be there before he could just leave and after all he did want to at least finish the two years of basic training there, he could still go for college then and possibly even get himself out of any possible orders to march into a war.
"I should have told you earlier." he admitted finaly breaking the painful silence.

Alana just shrugged. "You should have at least talked to me about it. You used to come to me for help with decisions... This one you kept all to yourself." She said softly, finally looking at him.

"I don't want to lose you, but I understand that you need to do what you want to. What does basic training mean? Will you be going off to some other place or staying around here?"

Now that she had her head wrapped around it, at least a little, Alana wanted to know more details.

He sighed relieved by some of the pressure.
"It is about 140 miles away from your college so I would take about two hours to visit you every now and then..."
Jason knew it wasn't much of help for her it was a lot closer than the college would be.
"It is just basic things from the military, like learning how to use some of the weapons and how to behave in hostile teritory."
Of course they would be learning a lot more, but it's two years and he doesn't know every single detail yet either.

She sighed and began making the moat. "Okay." Alana said finally. It meant that she accepted that he was going and was fine with it, all in one word.

"On one condition though, you visit me any weekend I want, no matter what. Keep in mind that will most likely be every weekend that I don't have a major test to study for."

He nodded "I'll do that, probably would have done so anyways.."
Jason smiled at her, it was the possibly the biggest possible relief.
"Thank you" he gave her a hug, it was hard not to be happy about her agreeing with this.
"It's the last day we have here...still feels awkward." he mumbled.

He nodded "I'll do that, probably would have done so anyways.."
Jason smiled at her, it was the possibly the biggest possible relief.
"Thank you" he gave her a hug, it was hard not to be happy about her agreeing with this.
"It's the last day we have here...still feels awkward." he mumbled.

Alana held onto him. Even though she had accepted his decision, it still felt like she was losing part of him. "Stop being so pessimistic. We can still visit here, it just will be different. That and I'm sure if we don't go on some crazy spring break trip we'll end up staying here and hanging out as usual. Our group tends to stick to what they know." She said with a soft laugh.

"Thank you, so much..."
With a smile he let go of her.
"I'm sure everything will go well, I will send you letters of whats going on, okay?"
Jason got up with a yawn, it got later already, he would he to leave soon his train wouldn't wait for him.
"I'm glad you don't hate me now"

"I've never hated you Jason, well maybe when we first met, but never since then. I was just dissapointed." She explained sighed as she looked at the sky. "We should start the bonfire soon, or else we'll be here till two am." Alana said with a laugh.

"I couldn't imagine you hating me..." he said with a soft laugh as she mentioned the bonfire.
"Let's do that then" Jason smiled and looked towards where the others should be at the moment.
"Let's go back then and have some more fun, okay?"
He slowly started walking towards the place where they met before, he still wasn't too happy about the situation he found himself in, but at least she wasn't angry and he would get his chance.

Alana nodded. "Sounds like a plan. I need to leave here kinda early, tomorrow I start my job at the pool again. More life guarding." She said with a laugh. "Maybe this will be the year my skin finally tans."

Alana stood and took his hand as they walked closer to everyone. "You have to remember me and not make a ton of new friends. I don't want you to not come visit me."

"I'm already going there tommorow..." he yawned
"Your skin will never change...you know that!" he laughed teasing her a little more.
When told him about her worries of him getting new friends he squeezed her hand and smiled gently.
"Don't worry, I will always come when you tell me to, but you have to make it worth it!" he laughed as they reached the others, they didn't leave yet luckily.

Alana rolled her eyes at him. "My skin might change. And you're leaving already? Well you better be able to come back on weekends, you can swim and I'll make sure you don't drown." She said with a soft laugh.

When they reached the others Alana suggested that they start the bonfire and the guys started putting the fire wood together. "Did you bring the s'more stuff?" She asked Jason, hoping he had.

"I will be able to come next weekend the first week is mainly just preparing things."
Jason helped preparing the binfire before Alana asked him.
"It should be in the bag I brought."
He continued setting up and thought for a whil how the first week is going to be.

Alana nodded and went in search for it. When she found the s'more things she started laying it all out nicely so everyone could make theirs. "Good, I'll expect you at my house bright and early for breakfast and then go spend the day at the pool."

He sighed as he started making his.
"I'm not even there and already get orders."
Jason laughed softly and thought for a bit
"The week is a short one so don't give me too much trouble with order, I will get the last train on friday so I'm here in the morning, okay?"

She nodded. "Good, and you know you love my breakfast anyway, you'll be happy that I'm cooking." Alana got a couple of sticks and put some marshmallows on it. "You want one right?" Alana asked as she put the sticks near the fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.