Of Mirrors and Portals

Status
Not open for further replies.
He smiled and they started walking, across the trees, making a path for themselves.
Brendan kept looking around and tried to find a sign on how to get out of this place.
The animals looked like something from one of those fantasy movies, nothing like he ever seen before.

She walked beside him. Looking about with both trepidation and awe. They better find their way back.

''Are you okay?'' He glanced over at her for a second ''Just making sure..''
He enjoyed her company, but he knew that it would be over soon.
No girl would hang with a guy like him.

"Yeah, I am. It's just there are stuff here that you won't see in our world. It's scary but fascinating. I guess I'm weird." she said shyly. She felt like she can be open with him.

''You're not weird, I like the way you think'' He said with a friendly smile.
He was happy to hear her voice, even though it was was only a couple of hours ago he heard it last.

"That's a new thought. Everyone thinks I'm weird. So thanks." she find that she likes his company.

He shrugged ''I don't know why, you seem pretty normal to me. People that think outside of the box always are the better people anyway..''
He looked up ''I think the sun is going to set in a couple of hours.. I don't know if you want to find a water source or anything, get some water, wash your face.. stuff like that''

"Haha. Do I really?" she asked smiling. "Ok. I'm feeling icky anyway." she agreed.

''Yeah, you do.'' After walking around for a little while, Brendan noticed a small creek with water running down a hill. ''This way, there should be water at the end of this.''

They got to what looked like a lake, Brendan checked the water and smiled ''Yeah, this works. You should be able to wash yourself here.''

She was already immersing herself before he finished talking. "Come, the water's nice."

He looked at her ''What do you mean? It's okay.. Having fun there?'' He smirked and watched her for a while

"Join me, I mean. The water's not that cold. It tastes sweet, too" she said splashing around.

He smirked and took his shirt off
"Alright." He walked upto the water and stepped in. "You were right, this is nice."

She was mesmerized when he took his shirt off. She closed her mouth as she knew she's gaping at him.

He looked at her "what? Is there something wrong?"

"Nothing. Nothing's wrong. Why'd you ask?" she asked nonchalantly.

"You are staring at me.." He chuckled and crossed his arm "I shouldn't have gotten in.. I'm sorry.."

Status
Not open for further replies.