Of Mirrors and Portals

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Promise?" she asked before sleep claimed her again. Unknowingly, she fell asleep clutching at his shirt.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
"I promise" he replied calmly as he watched her sleep.

With his promise, she drifted into a deep slumber.

She awoke with the birds chirping or they sound like birds. She realized it was morning and she's covered by a jacket. "Hmm. Probably it's his." She muttered.

• Love
He smiled and looked at her "good morning.. How are you feeling?"

"I had a good night sleep. All thanks to you." She smiled tentatively. "How about you?"

• Love
He shrugged "I didn't sleep, I kept watch.. Like I promised.." Brendan grabbed his bag and looked through it, he pulled out a little box with apple, melon and grapes in it "here.. Eat up.. We'll need to move on in a bit if you want to get home."

"Oh. Are you ok? You can take a nap. It's still early." She said concerned. She took the food he gave her. "Thanks." She said as she nibbled on the fruit.

• Love
"I'm fine.. I just want to get you home safely."

"Because you came back.. You somewhat trusted me to keep you safe, so that's what I intend to do." He smiled and stretched, then stood up

"oh." She just sat there and looked after him as he stood up and went outside.

He looked around, the sun was shining in his face.. He felt a burn and backed away quickly. "Fuck.. That hurt.."

She saw him jerked back. "What's wrong? What happened?" she asked worried.

He looked at her "The sun.. I can't stand in it without my ring.. I forgot to put it back on.." He touched his face "ah.. Not again.." He put his hand in his pocket and pulled out a ring, putting it on quickly.

"I see. So it's true that vampires can't stand the dun coz they'll burn." She said amazed.

He chuckled "yeah.. We don't sparkle. But we do have ways to protect ourselves, like spells, enchantments."

"Cool. I never believed in that sparkling crap." She said laughing.

He smiled "We're not all that bad.. I don't drink human blood.. Some do.. I just don't.."

"what happens when you bite people? Do they transform, too?" she inquired.

"When a vampire bites a human, that human will become a vampire.. The venom will take over the body and the body will go in shock for 2 minutes, after that it all goes quite smoothly." He explained "why?"

Status
Not open for further replies.