Of Mirrors and Portals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Her face paled at his admission. And for the second time, she bolted and ran away from him as far as she can. "Oh my god. Oh my god." She said shaking.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
He watched her run off and sighed.
He would never find someone that would stick with him and be his friend like this.
Everybody always got scared, he hadn't tasted human blood since he was 6.. He was clean, he wasn't going to hurt anyone.
He felt this overwhelming sadness..
Life was not going to get better for freaks like him.

Paula dared to look back and saw him looking at her with lonely eyes. She stopped running and for some reason, she found herself standing in front of him. Just looking at him.

• Love
He looked at her and tried to hold it together.
He remained quiet and tried to figure out what she was thinking.
After all, she came back for no apparent reason.

Maybe she was going crazy. She slowly wrapped her arms around him. "I'm sorry. I'm scared I admit that but I'll be here for you." She assured him.

Then she pulled away hastily. "I came back coz it's far more scary out there. Hmpf" she reasoned to him.

• Love
He looked at her confused "I'll get you out of here, and then you'll never have to see me again." He said as he looked down.

"I didn't mean it that way. You're a nice guy, vampire or no." She replied.

• Love
"I know you didn't, but you're afraid of me, and it wouldn't be fair hanging around someone making them live in fear, because I know how that feels."

"I see." She replied. There was only silence broken by the sound of fire and the wind.

He sat down and looked at the fire, and quietly sunk away in his thoughts.

She curled up near the fire and doze off.

He looked at her and opened his backpack, he pulled out a hoodie and covered her, then he pulled out a sweater, he fumbled it up and put it underneath her head.
He smiled and sat back against the wall.

She felt something soft covered her. She felt comfortable despite her first time sleeping without a bed. She smiled.

He noticed her smile and closed his eyes, as he started to doze off.

She was walking in a forest. I wonder how I got out, she asked herself. Then she heard a growl, and when she looked up, there's a three headed dog looking at her. She jolted awake.

He woke up from a quiet scuffle, he looked at her "are you okay? You look like you've seen a ghost."

"I'm fine. Just a nightmare. Sorry to wake you up. Don't mind me. Thanks." she thanked him.

He smiled and sat closer to her "it's okay, lay down.. I'll keep watch."

"You sure? I don't want to impose." she said curling up again.

He nodded and covered her up again.
"Yeah, go to sleep.. Nothing will hurt you."

Status
Not open for further replies.