Of Magic and Moonlight IC

2449040997933da8165ce909febf9e18--fantasy-men-anime-fantasy.jpg

Corbin Harcourt

Interacting: @Reanimator Spuds
Wearing: Black jeans, singlet,
Tailcoat Jacket

Faln had been one of the few occupants at Blackwood castle who could walk with ease around Corbin, who seemed to appreciate Faln more so than the rest. Perhaps it was her no nonsense ways or the fact that she had been nothing but loyal to the Harcourt's in her servitude.

The servants disappearing had humoured him, Corbin raising a small smirk as some dashed away before the remainder scuttled off in response to Faln's directive. The tall golden eyed and green haired woman approached him without so much of a hesitation and Corbin smiled in her direction as she asked him not to terrorize the castle folk.

"Me? I literally just walked in the door Faln, if I breathe they run away. Can't help that now can we?" he replied smoothly before eating another bite cold cut chicken. He enjoyed the irritation in her voice, her constant vigilance and rigid attitude both admirable and amusing. Without having been asked she fleeted about and prepared some odd looking drink; soon pushing the mug over to him with the suggestion that he drink it. His brows furrowed slightly as Corbin placed the container of leftover chicken on the bench and picked the mug up from the steel, green eyes studying the small fleck of herbs that moved serenely through the red coloured liquid.

"Mm…how are you always so switched on Faln?" he murmured, taking a sip of the liquid and taking a moment to let the taste of herbs settle. It wasn't disgusting…though it was not the most delightful taste. Considering the time he had been away he sighed, brought back briefly from his thoughts when asked how he wanted eggs.

"Cooked any way thank you, It was the only thing decent to find in that fridge there…Unless I cared to wait for the chef to create a banquet. Perfection takes time Faln and I don't have time for perfection this morning." He replied before continuing, knowing Faln was knowledgeable about the happenings in the castle, more so than most.

"I take it the princess is still gracing Blackmore with her presence?" He had spent a good few evenings away to consider how to get his hands on the light princess, to snuff out the beauty that had been kept alive by his father. The bitter taste of loss still resided within him and he was determined to resolve part of that through taking the princess's life into his own. Of course it would never fix things between himself and the king but that was something that Corbin had never known how to solve. As though in habit he glanced down to his hands as they held the mug, his eyes studying the prominent scaring over the dorsal part of his hands.He was sure his father would have the princess heavily guarded though it would not deter him, it was simply an added challenge for him to overcome.

claudia-banner-2-png.147850

"The only thing my parents are worried about is their future lineage," Claudia spoke up after hearing Carmine's words. They actually made her angry, though she knew he didn't know the situation she was in back with the light coven. She had no right to be angry because of his words when he didn't know, but the princess couldn't help her feelings. "Loved ones? My parents have never loved me."

She looked back over towards the lieutenant. "Do you know what it is like being hated by your own parents, even when you were young, just because of who you were and what you liked? I feel more in danger there than here, even when they are still those who want me dead here. Even though I highly doubt I can trust anyone in this castle, at least I can talk to them."

She paused. "I'm the light coven princess, and yet I don't even know these people in these cells, Carmine. They never let me meet anyone." She looked over towards Ria and Kei again. "Don't you see something wrong with that? I don't want to go back. I simply don't want to. I don't expect you to understand."

[bg=#000000][/bg][bg=#000000]
Kai ║▌│█│▌│║║█║║▌│█║▌│║║█║ Ria

Interactions/Mentions:
Carmine @Reanimator Spuds
Princess Claudia @ScarletNova

Ria was about to refuse but thought the better of it and stood obediently. The thought of making a contract with a cell in the way seemed fairly inconvenient. Seeing as how the princess had more to say, Ria attentively listened to her every word with unmatched devotion. Falling into protocol, she made no expression despite the disappointment welling up inside. Go home? Like hell I will!

While her face continued to hold a serious expression, she decided to clear up any misunderstandings. "Princess, We are not here to whisk you away. We were actually merely sent to find out your whereabouts. However," Her dull features brightened as a brilliantly pure smile pulled at her lips. As if unable to do any wrong, she giggled playfully, "I promised his majesty to serve you with my all so now I'm here. Since you don't want to go, then stay. I'm sure Kai can relay the message well enough. I hope you can forgive me and... perhaps grant me permission to remain by your side?" Growing less confident as she spoke, Ria's words trailed off into awkward silence as she nervously held her hands behind her back,wringing them as if to rid herself of her anxiety. Ria was aware of the fact that she was in no position to make such an audacious request but how could she just leave here? Her life's dream was literally standing right before her.

Rolling his eyes from all he had heard, Kai turned back to the group, propping his head up casually as he watched lazily from the cot. "It seems the rumors about the princess were true after all…but what does that have to do with me? Do I look like a messenger boy?" Mumbling away, he unhappily bided his time, waiting for the moment they set him free so that he can go home to a hefty paycheck and toss thoughts of these strange people far far back into the recesses of his mind. Having rarely ever caught sight of the princess before, Kai was surprised she seemed nothing like he imagined. Sure, she had a certain pureness about her but there was something off that he couldn't quite put his finger on. Feeling his fangs start to ache after not having eaten for nearly a day, he turned his gaze to Carmine instead, noticeably glaring. Although Kai gave off a feeling of a caged tiger, he wouldn't raise his hand against an unknown enemy so obviously. Holding the stare for longer than usual, Kai began to feel Carmine's features seemed a little familiar. However, after seeing so many bounties, it was hard to recall specifics. "Hey, demon. Ever commit any crimes?"

Ria was caught a little off guard by this, not expecting him to ever speak to either of them again. She previously thought that Kai to be too shy to speak. Is he trying to make friends? Ever mistaken, Ria's mood took a turn for the better as she looked forward to helping Kai fit in instead of sending him back home.

[/bg]

Falnwell
@KC

"I am always switched on, as you say it, because if I'm not nothing will get done..."

She looked away for a moment, embarrassed to give the truth.

"And because I care about this place. I want to make sure everything is perfect. I believe it is the least I can do for your family taking me in at such a young age."

She wasn't entirely certain if Corbin knew about what happened to her. It was hardly a tragedy, why she knew quite a few people in this place were far more unfortunate than her, and it wasn't something she kept secret. She started working here for his family when she was eleven, so Corbin was about ten. Now engrossed in conversing with him, she moved into autopilot. Her original plan was to do just as he said, and give him a plate of simple scrambled eggs, but now she moved for a pot, filling it with water, and setting it to boil. She pulled out butter, a lemon, several spices and herbs as well. She was about to make a excellent plate of eggs benedict.

"Corbin, I've been working here for nearly seventeen years. In fact, I grew up alongside you. Did you know that?"

Carmine
@ScarletNova @Iceydaze

Carmine was taken aback by what she was saying. Was her life really that miserable? Did she really not love anyone back there? No one whom she cared about?... Carmine looked back away, ashamed of himself. "I'm... sorry. I let my own wishes get in the way. I won't let it happen again." However, there was now another problem. Ria wanted to stay with the princess. How was he supposed to get this approved? People already wanted the princess dead, now a servant of hers staying as well?

"I'll... See what I can do. I can't promise anything, and it will be dangerous. Very, very dangerous. If you'll excuse me, I will try and contact the Lord Harcourt."

Carmine was about to head out to talk with the Lord of the manor, but was stopped by Kai. He asked him if he had ever committed a crime. Carmine had already lost his composure after the princess, but what he asked was a sore spot for him. He looked back at him, trying his hardest to keep his composure.

"I guess that depends on what you consider a crime. Do you think being a frightened child who didn't know what was happening counts as a crime? If so then yes. Yes, I am a criminal. However, if you understand mercy and forgiveness, you'd now that child has done his punishment."

That man never trusted him, from the very beginning. Nothing he had done thus far had solved this problem. Perhaps telling him honestly would work better, however he had a more pressing matter to attend to.

"If you would like to hear my story, I will tell you. But you will have to wait. I need to take care of this matter first. Now, if you will excuse me, I will be on my way."

With that, Carmine took his leave, and went to discuss this matter with the King.

Corbin Harcourt
Interacting: @Reanimator Spuds
Tailcoat Jacket

Half way through the concoction and the herbal liquid had begun to warm on Corbin who insisted upon taking his time to savour it, still unsure if he loved or hated the damn thing. The only true care for the drink was out of whether it would actually subside the hangover that threatened to put a damper on his morning though today's hangover was smaller than Corbin had often inflicted upon himself.

Falnwell was a strong member of the castle folk and when she looked away from him Corbin found her honest answer enticing simply for the fact that it seemed to break briefly through her no nonsense demeanour. A weakness was always available, one just had to discover it and Corbin was always looking for a person's weak point. She mentioned the fact that his family had given her a home and he nodded knowingly. He was around her age and just a kid when she had come to live at Blackmore where the staff at the time were more than happy to adopt her into their colourful bunch of lunatics. Corbin could remember see Falnwell obediently taking on her chores and then some and even with so many years having past, Faln had the same work ethic she had since starting. He had known little of her background since as a child he had never been interested to know and now he had no reason to bother her on it. Still from what he had learnt of her through small interactions, Faln had become one of the most respected staff members and was the person to go to if one wanted a no nonsense and honest opinion on something.

His eyes moved between watching Falnwell cook and to the doors of the room, wondering who would be the most valuable in terms of giving him information on the light princess. The fact that Faln hadn't answered his question was not lost on him and though he entertained her idle chatter about her service the same question was still there, begging to be asked repeatedly until he was satisfied with an answer. It did surprise him however to be reminded that Falnwell had been with them for almost two decades.

"Time flies when you're having fun." Corbin murmured as he stepped up beside her, much closer so that as he spoke, his breath would be felt against the side of her face.

"Where is she Falnwell, I know you heard my question… where is father hiding the little ray of sunshine?" he pestered her.

Deverell Rhys
Interacting: Valerie @DANAsaur Jenny @daird
Wearing: Black robes

"Well, when one lives for as long as I do, it tends to become easier to spend more time on things such as this." Dev told her, a small smile coming to his lips. He enjoyed praise, not because he was vain, but because it brought back nice memories of his mother. She always praised him for little things, even if they were inconsequential. He missed her dearly.

He broke free from his thoughts, and nodded to Jenny as she approached, about to mention what they were doing, when Valerie spoke up. Something about aura being their diet. He looked to the imp, wishing dearly it could speak to ensure that was indeed what it ate. He didn't want to hurt the poor thing. But if that was the case and it did eat aura, then maybe it wasn't a great idea to keep it around. Perhaps that was why imps were often the subject of some lower willed people becoming incredibly depressed? Perhaps it was a defense mechanism. Other demons can't beat them up if they lose the will to. Still, he flipped through the book.

"Anyway hello Jenny, we're learning about imps today I suppose." He told her, head popping up from his book when Valerie mentioned light coven intruders. Apparently Claudia was still missed. That wouldn't be good if they decided they wanted to wage a war against them to rescue her. That did worry him. He wasn't one to want meaningless death and destruction.

As Valerie apologized about disturbing him, he waved his hand dismissively. "I only dislike people interrupting me when they have nothing interesting to say. It's good to know of the light coven sending people here."

Wearing:
X in her human glamour

Having gone far from the castle and civilization in general, Eshira was able to open a gate in order to talk to her master. Of course, just because she opened one didn't mean he wanted to talk to her. After opening a gate for the fourth time and having him close it in her face, she had enough. It was time to find Carmine and the light coven intruders.

In a flash, she appeared back in the castle courtyard and quickly flashed into her human glamour. If anyone knew where Carmine was, it was likely Faln. She tended to know things. And that meant getting to the kitchen.

She walked through the halls of the castle, appearing inside the kitchen just as Corbin asked Faln where the princess was. She shot a quick glare to the prince, but it was immediately replaced with her much more sly but cheery demeanor. She sidled up to Faln, flashing a large smile.

"Yes, Faln, I too would like to know where this princess is. I've been wanting to get to know her, she seems awfully sweet. I think it would be good for her to have a friend, and what better friend to have than me!" She practically glowed as she said this, obviously thinking quite highly of herself. "You know how I do love unique things. And she is the most unique thing here. I can show her around and get her accustomed to the place!" She once again cast a glance at Corbin. "And protect her from... unsavory individuals."

"No, Carmine, I'm sorry," Claudia suddenly replied when she noticed what she had said to him. She had taken her own anger out on him and he didn't deserve that at all. "I understand where you are coming from." She knew that Carmine had once been of the light coven as well, so perhaps he missed it, felt like it was more of his home.

But Claudia was more taken back by the words the light elemental had said to her. There was no way her parents had sent this woman to simply stay with the dark coven with Claudia, right? Unless there was some ultimate underlying scheme they had in mind, then this woman was simply doing what she wanted to do. And Claudia was affected by it. Almost like she saw some of herself in this other woman. "You want to stay here by my side?"

However, the male wasn't fond of being the messenger as Ria suggested, and he especially didn't seem fond of Carmine, considering his question and the way he spoke. Claudia felt the need to speak up for Carmine, but the lieutenant spoke for himself that seemed like it was enough for now.

"Oh, thank you, Carmine," Claudia replied just as he was leaving, already deciding to head for the King and ask if Ria could stay. It was sudden, but if that was what this girl wanted, then so be it. Claudia turned to Ria. "If you want to stay by my side, then I will give you my permission, as long as it is allowed by the rulers of this castle." Then she turned to Kai.

"Yes, perhaps those rumors, whatever you heard are true," she said. She wasn't going to deny anything. "You don't have to send any message if you choose not to, but I assume you are here for some reason, and it doesn't seem to be the same as this young lady's either. And if this elemental has come here just to be by me, what about you sir, why are you here?"

"Tell me, what are your names?"

• Love
Reactions: Iceydaze
"Imps, huh? Interesting- and they feed on magic, too. That could be useful." Jenny furrowed her brow in thought. "If we knew how they did that, we could adapt it for our own defense, defeat threats with their own magic. There'd be a delicious irony to it."

Falnwell
@KC @Tarieles

As Faln made small talk with the prince, she had hoped she had steered the conversations away from the Claudia. The last time he wanted to see her, it didn't exactly end well. Once he asked her where the princess was, she was silent for a while, stirring the hollandaise in the pot, the only noise was the sound of the whisk scraping the pot. Slow, methodical. Finally the silence was broken by that damned succubus, asking where she was as well. There was no way out of this.

"Fine. If you must know, the princess was in the library last I saw. However, the Lieutenant came by not too long ago, inquiring where she was. If you really want to know ask him. He'd know better than I."

Carmine

He didn't really understand why, but the king permitted these new-comers. He was annoyed for certain, however in the end, he hadn't wished to cause a scene. They would be permitted to stay, however, they were to be accompanied by a member of the castle to keep them out of trouble. Him or Simon preferably. That means that they would be allowed to stay. And Carmine did not mind this much at all. While he thought it would be safer for everyone if they left he had a chance to talk, and learn more about what was happening with the people he once called friends.

He started making his way across the yard, back towards the barracks.

[bg=#000000][/bg][bg=#000000]
Kai ║▌│█│▌│║║█║║▌│█║▌│║║█║ Ria

Interactions/Mentions:
Carmine @Reanimator Spuds
Princess Claudia @ScarletNova

Caught between being flustered or excited, Ria showed great restraint as she forced herself to keep still. However she could not keep herself from smiling. If it weren't for the fact that she was currently imprisoned, she would probably toss all decorum out of the window and pounce onto Claudia. Kai on the other hand, kept quiet until Carmine departed. After a long moment of silence, Kai stood up and introduced them after noticing Ria was lost in some euphoric stupor, all the while trying not to look at the princess directly. "That one is Etheria. I believe she's supposed to be a guard dog of some sorts for you. Or at least she should have been for some time now." Pausing to look Ria over, finding the girl lost in her daydreams, he couldn't help but shake his head. "I think the reason why she wasn't introduced to you before is pretty obvious. Honestly, I don't know why anyone would keep her around." Voice laced with obvious disdain, Kai looked over to Sarai next. "This is my companion, Sarai. She's shy. Not much to say there." Annoyed by his introduction, the wolf spirit seemed to huff in response before returning into him to rest.

Amused, Kai continued, "And I am Kai Reid. I guess you can consider me a bounty hunter. As to why I am here.. I guess I wish to observe. I seriously hope you really aren't planning to remain here, Princess. These monsters are masters of deception. They're cunning and ruthless. It's in their nature. If you feel at home here, fine. But this idiot is painting a target on herself and I won't just let her be eaten alive by these things." Pointing to Ria, Kai couldn't help but be annoyed by her overly trusting nature. Taking the moment to calm himself, he rubbed his temples. "I'll give you the benefit of the doubt for now. However, if I see anything even remotely off, you're both going home whether you like it or not."

Hearing her name, Ria snapped out of her daydreams to find Kai annoyed. "Eh?" Thinking back to when they first entered, Ria recalled that he had all of their personal items in his spacial ring. "Kai are you hungry? If you look in my bag, I have some chocolate~" Although she missed out on many obvious signs, it wasn't as if she couldn't pick out fine details. She had noticed his reluctance to stare at the princess. And the few moments he did... well, she didn't like that look at all. 'No eating the princess, you pervert!'

Startled by the glowstick's reminder, Kai wasted no time in calling out her bag from his ring, having to only focus on the object in his mind. Within seconds, her bag was in his hands. It was then torn open forcefully and the chocolate, wrapper and all was stuffed into his eager mouth and swallowed down without even the slightest bit of hesitation. It was only a shame that there wasn't any water.

[/bg]

Simon Methuselah
--
Simon, and the Guards, watched Eshira walk away. Simon felt some relief as she did so, there was just something off about that woman. The guard, who interacted with her, however slowly tried to follow after her. It seems that he was under some sort of spell, or just couldn't control himself.

Darn, Simon thought to himself. He hoped that the guards would just do as they were told and make sure the Lieutenant got the information he needed, however it appeared as if Simon was going to have to babysit these grown men for a little while longer. He grabbed onto the guard's shoulder and pulled him back.

"You have a report to fill out, you don't have time for this foolishness." Simon said, with growing amounts of annoyance.

Simon led the men back towards the barracks, half-dragging the aforementioned guard along with them.

"Despite your words about these people, I plan to stay here anyway," Claudia spoke after Kai gave his response to her questions. "And if you think you would be able to take me back to the light coven against my will, you should think again. I am the light coven's princess after all. I have trained in light magic all my life. I am not some helpless woman who can't protect myself." In all honesty, he could be right about the people of this castle, but Claudia didn't care. She would rather be with them than back home. And like she said, she wasn't a powerless person.

"And do not be concerned about your friend's safety, Kai. I will be sure to keep her safe if she has chosen to stay by my side," she stated.

It was then that Ria chimed back in, speaking about food to Kai who took out the chocolate bar the woman mentioned. "Kai, Sarai, and Ria, as soon as Carmine returns I will make sure to let you out. After that, if you three have chosen to stay then we can get you some food. I'm sure Faln still has some leftovers from breakfast."

Claudia looked towards the door in hopes that Carmine would return soon, hopefully with good news. Claudia wasn't quite sure if the king would let them stay, even if Ria really wanted to, but at the least, she hoped, he would let them leave without any harm to them.

Valerie let out a sigh, not knowing what to do. She was at loss at the moment. Her goal for today was to meet the light coven princess and manipulate her but she already gave up with the idea. And why would she find someone who doesn't want to be found? Besides, she's certain their fates will cross. All she need to do is wait.

And in the mean time, she should spend some time with the coven. The blonde then looked up and watched Deverell. If she could remember correctly, the two of them barely talked nor spent time together. How could she when she's always out of the castle and him always hiding behind books? Valerie then decided on a new goal today: to spend as much time as possible with Deverell and get to know him better.

Upon Jenny speaking up about the imps, the blonde hair witch focused her gaze on the female and nodded "We could definitely use it to our advantage. Especially since there are intruders within the castle walls.."

"...which reminds me; Jenny dearie, may I ask why you're acting so friendly with the light coven brat? I am very disappointed with you"

Corbin Harcourt
Interacting:Falnwell @Reanimator Spuds ; Eshira @Tarieles
Searching for: Carmine @Reanimator Spuds
Tailcoat Jacket

Eshire had a place of priority in Corbins mind, mostly as the woman intrigued him. The rumour was that she was a succubus though he had not once seen her display the characteristics of one, perhaps except for the way she flaunted herself on display. Still Corbin hadn't spent much time around her and assumed a stance of ill difference in his demeanour as she shot him a glare upon her entrance. He was still leant just next to Faln's ear though took a step back to where he had been only moments before as Eshira seemed to glide across the room. Exclaiming how beneficial her friendship would be to the light coven Princess Corbin raised a smirk, finding it odd that she would feel it necessary to protect someone of the light coven. Turning his attention back to Faln, Corbin listened to her spill the answer to his question and in reaction his brow seemed to crease in frustration. His mouth had soured at the thought of a light coven member walking through his home, let alone the light coven princess. It was disgusting.

"How is the dark meant to protect their own when we have a light coven member, a royal no less! Scouring our halls, our libraries, able to feast on information!?" Corbin hissed with dissatisfaction in noone's particular direction. He still couldn't understand his father's reasoning on hosting the princess. He didn't need an answer to his exclamation and at the mention of Carmine's name he placed the now empty mug on the bench beside Faln.

"I'll come back for that meal Faln," he murmured, passing a glance at Eshira as he swiftly took to the doorway, heading back into the halls of the castle to track down Carmine or the princess; who ever came first.

As he paced through the castle corridors, his footsteps and voice could be heard on the approach.
"Lieutenant!"

The castle of Blackmoore was a fairy tale castle.

That is to say, the original fairy tales with all the uncensored blood and gore. At least it looked that way to outsiders who came about for the first time here. It was partly true. Even in the modern times, the old traditions of magic still held sway, not aided by the appearance of monsterkin or the open practice of dark arts. However, for every light coven and dark neophyte who sought to cut the other down?

There was someone like him.

The two gangs had long been at war, for quite a while. Street orcs and street dwarves, these folks were teens by society standards. In terms of cynicism , they might have been passengers on the ark and they glared daggers at each other, preparing to fight.

A cheerful voice dashed those dreams to pieces.

"Herman, what's that you got there?"

The teen orcs parted to reveal a massive, tusked figure whose tribal markings gleamed. He had once broke a mans jaw with his mug. Nobody in the gang knew his true name.

Before the smiling owner of that voice, he could only look down and mutter.

"Chewing gum."

The man holding the football smiled. He was a tall figure, dressed in shabby clothing. His hair was white and his eyes the clearest blue. The expression he bore, as though they all were the kids he professed them to be might have gotten anyone else roughed up. Somehow instead, it made them feel sheepish as the man grinned.

"Ah, well I usually don't care either way. But we're going to be playing and you might choke by accident. Please spit it out."

Herman sullenly did so, sticking it behind his ear for later.

The Dwarves snickered, grizzled veterans of the street to a man. But when the man turned to regard them, they unconsciously drew back. When hashing out initiation rites, punishment and rules, none of them had the shadow of the figure Mr. Castor brought.

Mr. Castor was a wizard, obviously so and yet, not at all. He lived in no castle, as a matter of fact he had a very nice flat. He worked in a garage for his daily bread repairing engines and forged in the evenings, as a supplement. Hags had tried to scare him, and he offered to walk them across the road.

Trolls had roared in his face, and all it had gained was polite bemusement.

He could have been Light Faction, except whenever they and the Dark had occasion to come to blows, he'd stop them both.

On Wednesday, he'd organize street football games for the local youth.

And he'd constantly visit Blackmoore, though of late he had been avoiding it for a while. Not out of choice, work had been keeping him busy. And he had heard there was someone new there now.

Perhaps he'd pay a visit after and tossing the ball among the street gangs, the war of their fathers continued anew and he smiled.

Much broken noses and black eyes later...

He walked through the gatehouse , gave an amiable greeting to the person on duty and sauntered through.

@Anyone @Hello, it me.​

Deverell Rhys
Interacting: Valerie @DANAsaur Jenny @daird
Wearing: Black robes

Deverell simply nodded to Jenny as she talked about how it would be good to study imps more. However, his head perked up when Valerie mentioned how Jenny was spending time with the princess. He himself was actually fine with her coming over to the dark coven. Then again, he wasn't particularly attached to the ideas of one coven was better than the other. He just wanted knowledge, and the dark coven was the only one that would accept him. His thirst for knowledge was not restricted to the "light" arts, and researching anything related to necromancy or demonic summoning was not likely to be accepted there.

"I would think a member of the dark coven teaching dark arts to a member of the light coven would be an act to be lauded. After all, it is essentially corrupting her." He mentioned, creating a small sphere the size of a marble filled with his own magical energy. He gave the thing to the imp on his shoulder, and the creature gratefully took it, eating it in one gulp. He was starting to sort of like the thing, especially considering it wasn't burning books and terrorizing others. He was still preparing for when the spell wore off and he'd have to banish the thing before it could escape.

Wearing:
X in her human glamour

"Oh thank you so much Faln!" Eshira grinned, speeding off after Corbin. She wouldn't let him get the better of her. She swiftly changed her appearance to her more demonic look, catching up to Corbin quite easily. As he called for the Lieutenant, she grabbed the man's arm roughly, a surprising strength from such a frail looking person.

"Listen here, you." Her voice was no longer the happy, cheerful voice it usually was, and she became much more serious . "I don't know what you plan to do with that girl, but know that I will not have you starting something between your precious dark coven and the light. I know you want her gone, and I happen to be in charge of making sure that happens. However, if you intend to make a scene, my kind are not picky about who disappears." She paused, giving him a glare and looking around to make sure nobody was around to listen.

"I'm not going to stop you from talking to her, in fact I'm going to follow you, but don't do anything you might regret. There are tens of thousands of my kind who would be more than willing to bring this place down." She let go of his arm finally, her form changing to that of her human glamour.

"Just a lil somethin' somethin' to keep in mind, okay?" She giggled and flashed a flirty smile, her previous seriousness completely evaporated into her cheery facade made just for the mortals around her.​

Izor
Outside the Castle​

Izor was lost. Well he wasn't really lost. He just had no clue where he was or where he was going. Yeah, he wasn't lost at all. He kept walking. Sometimes he thought he walked in a circle, but he certainly knew where he was going. And that was to.. A place that would let him conduct his experiments without thinking it was weird that he was chasing an imaginary squirrel who wasn't listening to his directions. The way to that place was this way, or maybe it was that way. Could he fly? Was it up? No, no. He couldn't fly and he was sure the place wasn't above his head. He didn't even know if there was a place since every place he's been to so far didn't seem to like how he went about his work. He was determined though, and nothing would stop him. Except getting lost. He should have gotten a map somehow, or just directions. He would sometimes follow the trail and then veer off because you never know what you might find off of a road. That was usually nothing and he'd get lost again only to find a trail and follow it.

He passed by towns, buildings, other people, all until he thought he spotted a castle. Castles mean a lot of people and a lot of people means someone would know something about a place to conduct perfectly normal experiment in peace. Instead of asking anyone around what the castle was, if it was a good idea to bug anyone in it, or just asking anyone else about a place he started to head over to said castle. A spring in his step and a smile on his face. He couldn't wait to find out a place he could continue his research! It's been going so slow ever since he's not been able to make a proper set up. Having his note haphazardly on the table while trying to find what note he actually wanted at the peak moment he needed a certain ingredient and couldn't find where it said what one. True progress. Humming as he went along he spaced out as he started to daydream about finding the perfect place. He hoped they liked snails.

Corbin Harcourt

Interacting: Eshira @Tarieles
Searching for: Carmine @Reanimator Spuds
Wearing: Black jeans, singlet, Tailcoat Jacket

Corbin didn't have much more of a chance to repeat his summoning yell when Eshira had grasped his arm, feeling her pull him to a stop which both surprised and intrigued the prince. Her tone of voice had changed though it was met with a sly grin upon Corbin's face, finding Eshira's commands humorous as he looked at her up and down. Her looks had morphed, showing a side of her he hadn't seen before as Corbin felt his jacket lightly graze the wall behind him. With her grasp still upon his arm Corbin had no option but to entertain the exchange and so met her eyes with his own, an intensity between them at the moment of stand-off as both seemed far too stubborn and set in their ways to back down. Her voice was acidic as she delivered a warning and her words were not only unusual but filled with a threat that seemed far out of place for someone who was claimed to be a succubus.

"Really…" Corbin began as the sides of his mouth raised further, gleaming teeth almost predatory as his smile grew in response of her words. He liked her approach, it was nasty and it was a damn sight more interesting than her usual prissy demeanour.

"Do you really think the light coven expect to receive their princess back in one piece? They know full well the risk the minute she entered our gates that she is less likely to go back alive. I'm not starting a war, it's a ripple in the tidal waves of a war between covens that has existed for generations."
Corbin reminded Eshira before his eyebrow furrowed and he leant closer to her with a lowered tone.

"And just what are your thousands of succubus doing having such a dramatic and vested interested in a princess being picked off anyway?" Corbin added sarcastically. There was something about her that didn't make sense, and the way she commanded respect around the castle walls prompted Corbin's thoughts to extend beyond what she appeared to be. Amidst of Eshira's warning she had admitted to being responsible for the princess's demise and he raised a brow as she changed her façade once more. It was too brief of a glance into what darkness was behind her face and Corbin wanted more.

He grabbed her arms before she could move away from him, stepping closer to her as he invaded her space.

"Don't do that, that shrill of a voice is irritating. Why do you not want me to kill the girl, whether I do now, you can't deny that someone else will try. What…do you want to do it yourself? For glory and your own pleasure?" Corbin asked her boldly, his grip on her arms firm as he stared her down.

Simon Methuselah
--
Simon and the guards returned to the barracks. Most of the guards went off to clean themselves up and get some rest. However before one of them could do so Simon stopped him.

"You're forgetting that report" Simon explained, sounding rather annoyed.

The guard, begrudgingly, sat down and filled out the bloody report. He wondered why Simon cared about it so damned much. Simon was just sitting there, watching him fill it out, making sure everything was in order. After several minutes, what seemed like an eternity to the poor guard, the report was finally completed to Simon's satisfaction.

"This will do, now go bring it to Carmine. I believe he should still be at the prison."

With a sigh the guard got up and left the barracks. Simon followed him out and watched him make his way to the prison. Simon didn't follow him, however, he figured Carmine would be able to handle it from there. Instead he headed back towards the main castle, where he saw a cloaked figure approaching the castle. Simon rolled his eyes. Hopefully this isn't another member of the light coven who somehow made it past the castle's useless bunch of guards.

"What business have you at castle Blackmore?" He asked.

Izor
Outside the Castle​

Izor jumped a bit at the sudden voice."Ah! Oh, hello. I'm somewhat lost, well not really. Maybe a bit. I just have no real clue where I am. Oh! I'm sorry I forgot to introduce myself," He bowed, looking up at the other. "My name is Izor, illusion magician and researcher. You can call me z, or not it's your choice," motioning to the snail on his shoulder "This here is my partner. Do not be fooled by his small size for he once saved my life," with that he stood up again, smiling for a bit before realizing he should answer the question "Business? Oh yes, you see I've been wondering for some time because uh.. Well some people disapprove of my research methods. They're perfectly harmless I assure you! I always make sure to keep items nearby for any.. accidents that might come from it," nodding to himself as if in agreement. "So! I've been trying to find a place that wouldn't worry about these completely safe experiments for my research. And well, I thought perhaps someone here could give me pointers to such a place?"

Opening the book he was carrying he quickly flipped to a clean page and got out something to take notes with. The object seemed very worn and a bit hard to figure out what it is. Mostly looks like a stick that's been broken many times and quickly put back together. He already started to scribble words in which looked illegible. "I also have dabble in some potions and healing, although those aren't my strongest areas," he tapped the object to his chin, seemingly thinking. "Would you say that most occupants of the castle sleep schedule is strict or all over the place?"

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Canadian Cat