Of Magic and Mayhem

Status
Not open for further replies.
My next post for the human side will be assembling the army for war,

Subsequently, the Anthro's will follow...

So, so many ideas for the future of this RP, trying to figure out how I can make it work.

Is anyone in the mood for me to reveal a potential plot twist?

(Terribly sorry in advance)
Name: Maulnar Evermead
Species: Human
Description/Personality: Standing at almost 7ft, Maulnar is a tall, slender and slightly weak person. He has no hatred for anyone and will help anything in need when he can. Be it human, anthro, animal or plant.
Maulnar wears a long cloak, hiding every part of his body, so not to be attacked by any Anthro that walks by. He weekly drenches his cloak in some liquid, making it smell like a Cat Anthro from afar, but any Anthro with enhancted sense of smell will find a human smell when they spend enough time close to him. When asked, he’ll say he burned his fur off in an accident and thus hides his scars, which is partly true. After years of alchemy-experimentation, Maulnar has had many burn accidents. Both from actual fire and many potions with a similar hazardous effect to skin.
His jaw and mouth are covered by a short black beard. He’s let it grow because of curious Anthros who couldn’t keep their eyes to themselves. His black “fur” is usually enough to fool most Anthros who throw a quick glance at any exposed skin.

Weapons/Abilities:
Very experienced in, and addicted to, potion-brewing. Carries around a dagger, but only as means of last self-defense. He carries a cauldron with him, strapped to his back with two ropes, so that he can make potions whenever and wherever the need for it arises. The cauldron also serves as a backpack for his items.
In the “backpack” are a pouch of tea leaves, a few stones he can use to create a fire, basic alchemy ingredients, mainly for healing potions and antidotes, some coal and chalk, A fruit of the Necrophage plant carefully stored in a jar, a cutting knife, a large spoon to stir the brew in his cauldron, a teaspoon, a flask with a very flammable liquid inside used for lighting a fire when it’s wet, a box filled with wool to protect the three ceramic mugs inside, a smaller cauldron, a jewel box containing a fragment of the Black Pearl Crystal, a tiny diamond, a small ruby and a pearl, a pouch filled with currency from both factions, a copy of 'Shadowclaw and Temrin: Origins of the Rulership’, a few round flasks also protected by wool, and a 5 litre container for water.
On his person, he has two bottles filled with a sleep-inducing liquid that vaporizes very quickly, often used on Anthros that become a little too interested in Maulnar for his liking. Whenever he puts someone to sleep, he leaves behind some food and water for them, knowing very well that the aftereffects of the forced slumber can leave you hungry, thirsty, stiff and with a pounding headache.

Bio/Backstory/Other:
Maulnar has always been very kind and trusting of strangers. The whole hatred against Anthros has never made much sense to him, but since he never got to see one, it didn’t matter much anyway. In fact, their complete absence made him even more interested in them and the books about them left him with more questions and fascination. Especially towards Magic.
He knew that these animal-esque humans were physically superior and that their magical abilities had to breath-taking. But on the other hand, he realized that mankind’s mind was a miracle of its own, capable of adapting to any situation and recreating anything, even magic! Sort of. Maulnar knew from a very young age what he wanted to do in his life, but experimenting and studying magic was impossible for a human like himself, so instead he’d have to settle with the next best thing, Alchemy.

Driven by his curiosity for magic, and spending most of his time in the library, Maulnar quickly learned the ins and outs of basic and advanced alchemy. But theory only satisfied his thirst for knowledge so much and soon he’d find himself brewing potions in his mother’s kitchen, making him infamous in his neighbourhood for creating explosions, weird smells, overgrowing plants and putting everyone to sleep.
After several decades of learning, practicing and cooperating with other Alchemists, Maulnar had learned just about everything mankind knew about Alchemy. It was time for him to push those boundaries and discover more, but as an adult and finally capable of taking care of himself, he decided he’d want to study magic, so he left the territory of men and became a wandering Alchemist, helping out wherever it was needed, or if he was in need of anything in villages.

Having wandered Anthros territory for several years now and actually having been able to study magic and experiment with new ingredients, Maulnar has invented many new recipes, which didn’t always have the effects he’d thought they would, being uneducated in Magic. Always trying them out on himself before anyone else, Maulnar has suffered through many effects, some of which are still visible. His natural blonde hair has turned a permanent black, he is addicted to magical effects and his body is covered in scars. All due to attempts of him recreating Magic.

Because of his daily intake of magically enhanced potions, Maulnar’s body has created a resistance to them, meaning any potion’s effect will be weaker to him than it would to anyone else.

Last edited by a moderator:
Name: Bjomolf (Meaning Bear-wolf) the Strong
Species: Wolf Anthro
Description:
WereWolfWarrior.jpg

A strong, pure blood Wolf Anthro who was named for his size and strength. He is a fierce warrior that wields a mighty axe crushes his opponents without mercy or regret. This axe is old, but made of strong metal. He uses it to make up for his power, which he considers too weak and indirect to be of use in battle.

Personality: Gruff, he spends every day preparing for the next battle. He knows nothing outside of battle and victory. Unfortunately, his blunt way of living often cuts him off from his own kind.

Weapons/Abilities: Berserker- When fighting, his blood is said to boil and burn, giving him the strength of the mightiest warriors of old. His battle roar is said to send fear into his enemies, and break their will. Of course, most of this is just exaggeration by overwhelmed on-lookers. In truth, his 'berserker' merely reinforces his attacks, making it easier for his to break bones and cut through his enemies.

Bio/Backstory/Other: His danger instincts are sharp enough to cut steel, his nose and hearing dimmed from the overpowering scent of blood and ringing of steel that haunts every battle field. Scars seem to be found in abundance throughout his coarse black pelt. While he's all for killing humans, he often tries not to kill his own kind should a fight occur.

Thanks for posting bios, I don't have time to read them now but I'll come back to that.

Most likely you'll be accepted.

[MENTION=4407]Majem[/MENTION] Cool bio. Nice to have another alchemist. Make a post when ready.

[MENTION=3293]Shadowheart26[/MENTION] Anthros don't typically use weapons, if he uses an ax specify the reason why, make an argument for it. As for his power, what are the limitations to berserker mode, make sure it isn't a 'god-mod' ability.

Im just looking for a badass entry point lol

[MENTION=4513]Akuma[/MENTION] I suspect when the epic battle begins is a good entry point as any

yeah since my character is kind of big and old lol

Hey Novapierce not sure what plans Avonin has for fortifying the forest, or any of the anthros for that matter, so if anyone would like to describe the preparations the anthros have made feel free to,

Just a quick note, Anthros may have magic abilities but not all of them are frequently trained to hone their abilities, which is their disadvantage. Humans go through a strict training regimen and are therefore more skilled, they do have some wards, but since they don't know their enemy to well it doesn't always defend against any and all abilities. That's about it.

Alchemy isn't a good tool for war mind you, unless it's for defense. So any alchemists can heal or create wards as part of the war effort.

Oh here's the potential plot twist (still not sure if I should make it canon)

Plot twist: Wane is a descendent of Shadowclaw

I thought it would be interesting that I have two descendants of royalty :3 It would be a good key plot thingie for peace and all that jazz :D

Hey, really sorry, but I'm going to have to drop out of this for now. I've got a lot to deal with irl and sadly don't have the time to get on as often anymore, if at all. I'll be making an exit post soon, and hopefully this will only be temporary.

[MENTION=4534]Thomas McTavish[/MENTION]

Aw darn! It was nice having you Thomas and I completely understand :) Carson is free to return anytime. Goodbye, have a nice life :P

darn it im sorry I havnt thought of iwaku since I was last on been busy ill have to be out of commission from my other stories accept this since on the 23 ill be starting college >.<

[MENTION=4559]MissMaine[/MENTION] If it's an issue to continue I understand if you drop out. I'll manage the RP somehow, and get more players.

@everyone Feel free to come up with any epic killing, fight, battle scenes. We'll see how the battle pans out.

Name: Sir Mathros Carsionin
Species: Human
Description/Personality: In Armor Out of Armor (no yellow eyes and Disclaimer: none of the artwork is mine, credit to the artists)

Weapons/Abilities: Lifedrinker: A sword made of the sharpest and strongest of steel, handed down for generations in the Carsionin family.

Bio/Backstory/Other: Sir Mathros is a member of the Lutian Royal Guard, appointed by the King himself to watch over the Royal Family. He has served to the fullest extent in this, and as such has been rewarded much influence, and with that influence rewarded himself with many more privileges at court. He is a known dissenter of the Anthros, his father and mother having been killed by a group of them during a get-away to the family hunting lands. The King favors him more than the Commander of the Royal Guard himself, it is heard.

[MENTION=4726]Tywin[/MENTION]

Hi welcome to Iwaku :) I'm loving the character profile, though I will ask for a change in particular. I like to make exception to allow people some freedom in making characters, but the dragon thing is a bit of a stretch. I didn't intend for dragons to exist in Lutia, I already made the exception that dragonkind would be strictly an anthro specie, and do not exist in feral form. So that's something I'm going to have to ask you to revise.

Other than that, looks good, and be ready to make a post once you revise,

Quick note, they are in the middle of a battle, so there will be much fighting to do :) And royal guarding, though the king will be well out of the battle's reach. Still, you never know.

Fixed!

I will be getting a post up there soon!

Sorry for the late reply, I'll see what I can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.