Of Dragons and Riders IC

"Might be your home. It's certainly not mine!" Kitty answered before her mind could fully process what was going on. When it did catch up, Kitty was left confused for a minute but she shook it off as a stray thought. "Draco always helps me get home. At-least when he's in the sky...You are Draco, so you can help me get home!" She nodded to herself sure of her logic, never mind that her logic was more than likely crooked.

Kitty looked up-man that's a long way up!- into the face of Draco and waited ever so patiently.

The sudden voice interrupting her thoughts started Elizabeth so badly that she squeaked and dropped the sword. She whirled to see who had spoken, not realizing at first what had happened until she began to see the outline of a.. Wait a minute. How hard had she fallen?! She rubbed the back of her head and stared, very slowly making hesitant connections in her mind. The reports of missing cattle that had gotten people very agitated with the Faire players since they were looked at as thieves, the nearby cave.. No way. She was absolutely certain that it had scolded her and told her to get off of it, but now she wasn't sure if that was what it had said at all.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to.." she managed, starting to wonder if she had gone fully insane. She stepped back a couple of times, recalling everything that she had ever read about dragons. It was a considerable amount, but it was all conflicting information since authors changed the story debating on what they needed for their novel. This one could speak, apparently, and was large enough to scare away most anybody. She was so, so tempted to go up and touch it, but she didn't want to be scolded again.

"I.. uh.." she stuttered, thrilled and stunned that she was literally mere feet away from the one creature she had wanted to see her entire life. She bowed respectfully without really thinking about it, then turned and ran back across the field in a panic. Her mother was right, the Faire had destroyed her mind and now she was going to be nothing but a raving lunatic - one of those ones that sat in a bar telling stories about things that never happened. A dragon sitting around in this day and age? Right, Elizabeth. Get a grip.

"Bryce! Bryce! I'm going crazy!" she yelled as soon as she made it back. Her target looked up from his seat with a mouthful of eggs and frowned.

"What are you talking about?"

"I saw.. I saw something that wasn't really there and it didn't disappear when I blinked!" she explained, gesturing about. Bryce just sighed and shook his head.

"Well if you slept more than five hours a night, you probably wouldn't have this problem. Beth, it was probably just a rabbit. Go kill it and bring it back and everything will be better," he ordered, tossing her a sharp dagger in a sheath. She tried to protest but he waved her off. So, clutching the weapon like one might clutch a life jacket after diving off the Titanic, Elizabeth made her way back across the field.

My name is Onixa. I am a dragon, not a star. She said, sounding a little offended. You are human? I've never seen a human home. But guide me to the general area and we can fly around until you see your home. She stretched again, yawning like a cat, and knelt down so the girl could climb onto her back. She watched the girl with one huge eye, never taking it off of her.

Einarth was surprised at how she reacted, the fact that she understood him, not the running away. Any human would avoid confrontation with a big creature like him. As she ran off after apologizing, he lifted his head and watched. He made an 'are you serious' expression. But then let it run when he returned to a more urgent matter. She understood what he said, in dragon language! That was one factor of the possibilty that she was his rider, so it on to the next test he believed.

Telepathy, if she could hear his thoughts, then she was his rider. For only a rider and their dragon shared such a heart-bound gift, knowing one another better than anyone else. Telepathy was a given addition before proof could truely be discovered. Einarth remembered its use and capabilities for battle, it was constant communications. But from what he was watching right now, he could tell almost everything about her as it is.

Her sword-brotherwas informed of his existance, but shrugged her off as if she annoyed him. If Einarth wasn't trying to maintain the rest of his isolation, he would have pounced the jackass and scooped him into his jaws. But no! If he did he would've died, but he'd do anything for his rider. But then again, how could he be so sure that is his master just from one factor? His bet was on something risky, but only something his rider would know of him; something only could be passed down by fairest blood and memory.

As she returned to him, he sat on his legs and foldest his wings to crawl on them. He lowered his head to look upon her and huffed dimmly. Einarth knew one way he could be sure who she is. And if this was too fail, then he had exposed himself blindly and would have a casualty on his hand.

"Tell me, small girl of young age... What. Is. My. Name?" he asked her, trying to read into her mind to find hers.

"Oh." was all Kitty managed to say at the moment. There were thoughts in her head that did not belong to her! At least, she was pretty sure they didn't belong to her...how could she tell? "Draco is dragon. I did not know you had a name...And yes I am human, I'm not sure what else I'd be." The last part was said thoughtfully. The idea that she might be hallucinating and going insane never reached her. The fact that Great Big Black Thing was a dragon and whose name appeared to be Onixa satisfied Kitty for the time being.

"Your talking to me, aren't you?" Kitty asked as if the thought just hit her, which was very likely. She shrugged the question aside, deeming not very important at the present time. "Without the stars to guide me, I'm not sure of where my home is." She yawned and warily eyed the kneeling dragon, never having left the ground in all off her twenty years. She stared right back into the large eye, her mind going over the offer. "It's daylight. You could be seen. And killed!" Kitty exclaimed.

With one last look, she clambered on to the back of Onixa and with a thought, pointed in the direction she thought her home was. "Don't mind If I fall asleep will you?" she asked after clutching a spike in front of her.

The great warehouse wall full of all the kinds of weapons one could imagine. From 19th century guns to the most modern .45 and even swords that had taken not even a bit of rust on their blades. The high ceiling was covered in paintings of that of swirls and kings of old ages, one patch that surrounded the window above was black, its surroundings being stars that would help with the illusion of the window being just a patch of sky taken from the night. There were some vehicles, too, an old yellow camaro, a red Hummer truck and a navy blue Ford. At the farther end of this warehouse was an office, adn inside this office was Roth, studying the newspaper and scribbling down the last places where Shadow Wing had last being seen. "You think you're so careful, right? That I won't find you? Well, here's an advice for you, you can't hide from Herrmann. NO one ever does." He chuckled and then another article caught his attention. He leaned to have a quick-read and then grinned. He scribbled the so-obvious adress on a piece of paper and flung his hunting jacket over his shoulders, carefully and caringly hiding a blade or two in his pockets. He got his keys and hopped into the Ford. 10 minutes later, he was already heading to the Renaissance Faire he had read bout in the newspaper. 'I love how communication has improved this much'.

Killed? A low growling sounded deep with in Onixa's throat which was her way of laughing. I am not afraid of you petty humans when I could destroy you when one breath of my fire. She rose gently to her full height. Sleep. I'll not let you fall. Onixa thought, amused by this girl. Get ready! Onixa crowed and then jumped, flapping her wings powerfully and climbing high into the air.

Slowly approaching the cave, Elizabeth took a few deep breaths. It was just a rabbit, that was all. She fell too hard and got knocked in the head with the dummy. Yeah, that was it. It was all a misunderstanding. She wasn't crazy. Nodding a bit to herself, she peered around the corner into the cave and froze as she saw the huge dragon staring right at her as if waiting for her to show up. Dropping the dagger, she stared at the creature and began to come to terms with the fact that there were only two possibilities here. Either she really was insane and the hallucination wasn't leaving.. Or, there was actually a dragon in the cave, and it was staring at her as intently as she was staring at it.

"Ein- I mean.. I don't know.." she replied after she had flinched at him speaking to her again. This time she knew he was male, mostly by his tone but also because she just.. felt like he was. It was strange. More bizarre was the fact that she was about to rattle off a name that she had never heard before. Einarth? What did that even mean? Maybe it was a name she had read in a book before that belonged to a dragon or something. It couldn't possibly be his real name since she had no way of knowing that. Again she was tempted to just walk up and poke him to check if he was really there, and again she resisted.

Kitty merely yawned though, she filed away Onixa's admission for later use. "Name's Kitty. Nice to meet you....Good night." She mumbled already half asleep. If she was more awake, she would have been far more aware and throwing a fit. Poor Kitty was already asleep by the time Onixa had risen to full height and taken to the sky.

For some reason-as she would later find out- Kitty felt at ease around this creature that legends said was violent and all around nasty. She had grown up with myths and legends of days past.

Onixa had already stored the girl's scent in her memory, so all she had to do was wait till she smelled people similar to her. She flew for quite a while, high in the sky. She didn't like being up in the day, as it was her nature to be nocturnal. But she was doing it to help the lost sleeping human girl on her back. She flew gently, using the air drafts when her wings grew tired and sterring herself with her tail. Finally she caught a scent similiar to the girl on her back and she flew towards it, waking her. Awake. I think I found your home. She said, angiling her huge black wings downwards.

"Gracious Gods!"she snapped when the coal of the stove lit her fingers. A spree of utensils (forks, spoons, and a very sharp knife) clattered from her fingers and out of the open window above the stove. Xeri left the window open to ventilate the smoke that was billowing out of the kitchen. The chimney was so small that there was not earthly way all of the fumes from the roasted hog in the stove could possibly exit through the tiny chute. The window was the only way to let all of the air out without burning the entire kitchen and cabin down. Still, if it would have been closed, Xeri would not have needed to make her way down the three steps, passed her grandfather that was sure to say something about what mistake she had possibly made, and outside to retrieve the three items. Xeri grabbed at her scorched fingers and muttered curses under her breath, initiating the first part of her journey: making it passed her grandfather.

He was sitting pleasantly calm in his old rocker chair that had been kept in that house for decades upon decades. She often wondered how the frail thing didn't break under his bagged weight, not that he was a gargantuan man. Still, the old elm chair had to be decrepit over some period of time. Surely it would lose its sturdy nature and bend under the sheer force of her grandfather's weight. Yet, there he sat, rocking listlessly back and forth in the chair, ignoring Xeri's sudden presences.

Odd.

The girl wrinkled her nose at the old man. His eyes was not set on anything particular, and for a moment or two, she feared that he may have been in some sort of trance!

"Grandfather?" A pause with no response. "... Grandfather?"

"Yes, child?" Phew.

"I...tossed the utensils out the window on accident. I'm going to get them now."she said, not keeping her eyes of the man. A sliver of golden sun from the outside window splashed upon the old man's thinning head, but he neither blinked nor budged. Xeri's emerald eyes dimmed in the same length of dragon that was coiled around her left shoulder. Xeri waited a moment more, expecting for him to bark out something about the roast burning, but there was nothing but utter silence in the room. Xeri opened her mouth to say something else until a shrill whistle from the kitchen knocked her out of her focus. She swore again, outwardly this time, and throw the front door open, making her way to the back window in a desperate search for the kitchen tools. A black patch hovered above her head and her first fear was rain. Quickly, she grabbed her fork and dusted the dirt off of her pants, swiping the sweat off of her brow.

I just want to cook and get the day over with...

It was a good hour before Felle's destructive urges passed, leaving her feeling weary and alone. Her family was gone. Her friends. Everything she'd ever known was gone save the ocean. The white dragon glided down to the water and hovered on the surface like a duck, her great wings tucked neatly against her back. As Felle watched the storm move where the wind took it, she thought of her old life, which, unlike the storm, had long since drifted away.

Now. For present matters.

There was a glittering collection of towers in the distance; such a strange looking thing could only be the work of humans. Felle decided not to go within several miles of the alien structures- although centuries had passed, she doubted that the humans were any less infuriating now than they were back then. No need for any unnecessary confrontations.

A loud rumbling rattled the white dragon's bones: hunger. Quickly she dove beneath the surface of the water and scoured for any fast meals; a school of large fish were swimming nervously away from her, and rightly so. Within seconds Felle was upon them. She nabbed a few and swam towards the shore, still keeping her distance from the metal towers.

When she reached the shallow, the albino beast began to wade until she was walking on sand- thankfully, with the storm, no humans were milling about on the beach. For the first time in at least a hundred years, Felle began to eat.

Parking his Ford about a kilometer away from the Faire's eyesight, Roth got ready to start his hunting. "It might seem to be illogical...but nothing attracts more a dragon than something the reminds him of the old days" he muttered to himself and chuckled. He stretched his broad shoulders and cracked his neck as he got a pair of brown leather gloves on and tossed his jacket in the car. He looked over at the different tents that were huddled together to make the impression of one of the old Faire's people loved to go to. Roth remembered the time when he enjoyed going to them with different ladies he had been successful to persuade to accompany him. "Well, I sure have to give them kudos for that. It's the closest thing I have seen to resemble a Faire since the last one I went to." He was muttering to himself again. Roth shook his head and with a huff, turned on his heel and made his way slowly into the woods that surrounded both the Faire and himself.

Watching his step carefully, he took different times to jump from a place to another. Literally jump. Over the years his legs had gotten stronger, he even tried to keep them like that, going to the gym and doing exercise with the rope. 'Never get tired of it' he mused to himself as he made a dramatic jump over a fallen tree trunk, only to amuse himself as he tried to find something.

The skies that morning were perfect for flight. A gentle updraft was all Enfyra and the flocks of birds flying under him needed to stay airborne. Had the birds not been small enough to fit into a human's hand, they would have made for excellent snacks. The farms below held bountiful amounts of tempting prey, but the risk of encountering one of the farmers was too great now that the sun was up. He would need to hunt in the woods to find anything sizable and far enough away from the human homes. It was time to land.

Tucking in his wings and dropping his head to look straight at the ground, Enfyra plummeted with astonishing speed. The view of the people below became clearer and he could make out the sight of quite a few of them outside already. Fortunately, humans were always too wrapped up in their own lives to ever take the opportunity to carelessly gaze up at the sky. Nearing the ground, Enfyra's wings again spread wide, slowing his descent. He had been careless, not realizing how his shadow had been near an older looking house just as one of it's inhabitants came outside until it was too late. It was only because of his sense of smell picking up the traces of smoke below him and catching his attention that he got a glimpse of the human girl kneeling down in front of the window that billowed smoke.

Damn it! Enfyra snarled, baring his teeth in frustration at his own sloppy mistake. He acted quickly, trying to get out of sight before she found the sudden cast shadow suspicious. Flapping his wings to pick up speed he zipped several hundred feet over head. He was desperate to be over the trees, away from the girl so he could land and get to hunting. As he flew, gradually getting lower to the ground he found that his mind wandered back to the sight of that girl. Sure it was a close call, he had them plenty of times before and had never thought twice about them. He found it curious that the image of her kneeling in front of her house stuck in his mind. He was so distracted that he nearly flew straight past the clearing he was heading for! It was the only place to land in these woods for a creature as large as a dragon. Beating his wings to slow decelerate, he dropped into the clearing and landed. The birds in the area all scattered and flew off for safer trees. His mind should have been focused on the hunt for food... but again he was drawn back to the human. Enfyra shook his head from side to side as though he were physically trying to shake the memory loose. The motion traveled down his long, muscular neck to his shoulders. Once finished he tucked in his wings and huffed out smoke from his mouth. He had better things to worry about than why he couldn't stop recalling that human.

Oh she was having the most wonderful dream! She was flying high in the sky, the wind rushing past and whipping her hair into knots with the moon and stars looking down at her from above. Kitty felt so very close to the sky and yearned to be higher, closer to the objects that she called friends and company on lonely nights. She named the constellations as she saw them one after another. However, as all things invariably do, the dream ended, rather abruptly.

She stirred and yawned, mumbling for a few more minutes of precious sleep. Sadly, it was not to be. She came awake with a jolt as her mind bull rushed her with information. Foxes...smoke...walking...big black thing....more walking...falling in the creek....going back to the black thing...dragon.... flying home...Wait, what!? Dragon! Flying?! Oh no! What had she gotten herself into! (Can we say, panic attack?) Kitty wildly looked around and did indeed notice that she was flying, high in the sky too, just like her dream. What the dream left out was the ground below rushing up to meet her. Trust a dream to omit that.

"Whose idea was this?!" She shouted clutching the dragon with both knees and hands. Startled as she was though, she noticed the wonderful view around her, how the fields and forest, lakes and streams created a patchwork quilt. It was enough to stun her silent for a bit.

Just when it looked like they were going to collide with the ground, Onixa sanpped open her wings and landed safely, though with a bit of a jolt as her paws connected with the Earth. At the girl's exclimation, Onixa laughed in her growling way. Is that your home? She asked, looking at it with a curious eye. Why must you live in such cramped quaters? Why not live free with all the flying space in the world? Onixa wondered, tilting her head to the side.

Kitty breathed heavily for a few minutes, her chest heaving from fear and shock. The jolt of landing brought her to, her senses regathering from being scattered. "Uh, Yes that's my home...Cramped quarters? They are for you. Though I suppose the house is a bit small..." She trailed off realizing that she was talking to a dragon of all things here and below!

Her parents home was small, especially compared to most of the other houses in town. But it fit her family, they didn't have the money for anything else, they just barely manage the upkeep on this house! How ever would they take care of a bigger home? Even with her meager income, they had no means to live frivolously nor foolishly like many other town residents.

"Um..." She looked down at the ground and wondered if she could make the jump down with out further injury to her person. She gathered her courage and jumped, landing rather crookedly and very near a taloned foot. "My what big claws you have"Kitty murmured in fascination, a yawn interrupted musings an reminded her that the object of study was a dragon.

"I, uh, would, um invite you in, but I don't think you'd fit... Will I see you again? I enjoyed the flight! Even though I slept through most of it...." Kitty asked.

The storm was coming to a close now. Boone had showered and dressed in warmer clothes. She had been trying to focus on her work for the past half hour now and nothing seemed to be working. She finally decided to go on a drive. She never got to drive much seeing as how it was the urban streets of Seattle outside her doorstep, so this would hopefully be a nice treat.

Boone slid into the drivers' side of her yellow Jeep Wrangler Sahara Edition. She pulled the seatbelt tight to her body after hearing the oh-so satisfactory click and started up the engine. She wasted no time peeling out of the apartment's parking deck and made a bee-line to the mountains. There was this wonderful secluded overlook she visited on occasion to help break past her writer's block.

Twenty minutes of driving and a five minute hike took Boone to a gorgeous cliff face overlooking the ocean. Though the water had calmed, the skies still looked dark and ominous. She didn't think much of it though, Boone was used to Seattle rains even if this one was a monster of a storm. Boone took a seat on a nearby boulder and watched the ocean roll over itself in slow, smooth waves.

Onixa looked amused. No. I would not fit. As for seeing me again...I will need to sleep here the rest of the day, but at night is when I am awake. So I do not know. She snorted in amusement.

(OOC: I apologize for my short posts. I am trying to work on making them longer.)

She was close to pronouncing his name, but hesitated at the center of it. A common reaction from humans when they seen the supernatural, he was use to it by now. To his surprise she could make out the words he'd speak through his native language. She possed great skill within her mind as well he body, but there were still many tests ahead of them. Einarth left his cave crawling on his wings and legs, approaching the girl until he was only a foot away from her. He inhaled a deep scent of her and released with ease, the wind kicking up her dress as it faded past her. Her scent was just like that of his old rider...

"Yak Su'uh los sladuin... You are my Rider.. Elizabeth... Decendant of Sarah"

Just as he spoke these words, he finally came to terms with the legend. He remembered dying words from his previous rider. She spoke of an evil that may come to pass later in the centuries when they'd meet once again. For him to find his rider would only mean the shadows were approaching. He stood up on his legs and let them hang out to the side. "We must leave of here, Yolaan. Something dark approaches."

Einarth lowered his neck for her to climb aboard. When she was in place, he would take off at the speed of sound. For this feeling of dread scented familiar to his nose.