Of Cowboys and Kings

Holy shit.... he's really back...

Join any time, gentleman. >:D

Why yes, indeed. I'd recommend not being an assassin or mercenary or thief, though. XD We seem to have quite a few of those now.

Nah I was thinking about some Tech-freak who somehow got into some trouble with a past costumer and seeks some protection

That'd fit in quite well, methinks. >:D

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:HyphenationZone>21</w:HyphenationZone> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:UseFELayout/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Normale Tabelle"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Character Name: Travis (no Surname)

Job/Role: Technician/Lunatic

General Appearance: Travis likes to wander the wasteland in comfortable clothes, so he wears a white shirt with more than one little stain on it and brown trousers with lots of side pockets to store all of his "useful" stuff. He has short brown hair and green eyes. Under his eyes he has dark circles, the tales of many nights he spent working on some crazy invention. He looks generally tired, the only exception him being interested in something, then his eyes will gleam like a little kid's who just found something new.

Current Goal/Purpose: Surviving and finding a bit of comfort and safety, inventing new stuff

General Personality: Travis is interested in everything regarding technology. He likes the freedom that the wasteland gives him to perform any kind of experiment he wants. Most of the time he is a cheerful, but tired-looking, individual that might try to talk you into buying some of his inventions. When someone threatens him or his creations he gets defensive and tries to either flew or resolve the conflict without violence, because he obviously has no combat strength.

General History: Travis was born on this planet and raised, his parents died early. After their death he had to make all kind of odd jobs and he learned quite a bit of the ways the wasteland worked. He soon found his passion for technology and set up his own store, but after a certain incident, regarding a certain invention, regarding a certain big-shot of his area he decided it would be better to move. So now he is on the run and looking out for a job and a bit of safety in this cruel world.

Just as a note, I updated the character list in the OOC! Also no longer taking any more Assassins, Bounty Hunters, or thieves, but we ARE STILL TAKING OTHER CHARACTERS if people wanna join. XD

So like with Dillon's current status I've employed the oft-feared technique of ambiguity! However here it's not to show that the character in question can't tell the difference between dreams and reality anymore, it's just a code word for "I'll decide later."

OPTIONS ON THE TABLE:
-A bad knot. Little mundane, but not so implausible.
-Goth-less Crow thing going on. Although that sounds too magical.
-Alien intervention. Who? Why? I dunno.
-Zombification! Obviously going by more Xombie than Romero rules here, but why not? As for sources, we've got viruses, bacteria, parasites, nanites, or whatever the hell we can think of.

I hope I am not too late to join!

EDIT: I reread the thread and saw that Slayer is playing an inventor too (oops!). Hope it's alright if Serril is also an inventor. Slayer, perhaps our characters can be rivals! Heheh.

Character Name: Serril Nel
Job/Role: Inventor
General Appearance: Serril is of average height (5'7), she has brown skin and black, shoulder-length hair (which is often tied back in a small ponytail). She's muscled and often dirty from working on her machines. She has a set of goggles that are usually hanging around her neck, waiting to be used. She favors longsleeve shirts, gloves, pants, and boots to keep her skin from being exposed. Often she's wearing thicker, more protective clothing.
Current Goal/Purpose: She's trying to put together her own ship, although she has had minimal experience flying them. She wants to learn. She also wants to create some weapons to sell to earn some cash.
General Personality: Serril is a focused individual. She tends to notice the smallest details, although most of the time they're not particularly useful. She is a determined, stubborn, loud person and at times her temper can explode. But otherwise she can get along with most people (customers) and is most relaxed and happy when she has a project she's working on (unless she's stuck).
General History: Serril grew up with her grandfather, who was also an inventor. She went to schools and learned as she could, had lovers, and got in trouble for her weapon inventions. So now she's moved to Moraz9, looking to have her own business and make what she wants to create.

No problem at all from my side! The final word is still Diana's, but I guess she won't be against it.

It's just fine by me. >:D

... Ok I've let my interest itch last too long and my mind has formed an idea. I keep wanting to play a villainous role. so here is my idea

Arlonus Vorc is a man of wealth he comes from a background of wealth and his family has be racking it in with somewhat shady activities for generations. His family is big he has somewhere around 50 cousins that around with in 10 years of his age. The vorc family has taken an interest in the prospect of this planet as it shows signs of having rich mineral deposits. the family leaders have sent Arlonus to establish a presence on the planet.

I'm not sure how well a character would work in your story or how exactly he would make an entrance. I'm very open to ideas in that respect.

Why, such a man would be wanting to throw his weight and power around trying to steal land and get rid of the competition of course!

yes, those are the kind of activities I pictured him doing :p.

Character Name:
Washington "Wash" Brown
Job/Role:
Archeologist/Treasure Hunter
General Appearance:
Adventurer_by_Werdandi.jpg
Current Goal/Purpose:
To search Moraz9 for ancient ruins that may hold advanced technology.
General Personality:
Has a taste for adventure and enjoys flirting with the ladies. Is generally friendly and tends to help out, even though it often gets him in trouble.
General History:
Every since Wash was a child he's always had a need for adventure. Even boring mundane tasks would somehow become filled with some kind of danger, whether it was life threatening or scolding from his parents.
In order to steer him in the right direction his parents had him attend college to be an archeologist because there was bound to be adventure in that field. Wash passed through college and earned a Ph.D in four years as he had already been interested in the subject as a child.

On one of his digs in the far reaches of the galaxy, only barely within the reaches of known space he stumbled upon magnificent ruins. Being the explorer he was entered them without a second thought. What he found he still can not to this day describe everything that he saw. Unfortunately, (as with most ruins) it was booby trapped and while he was exploring he tripped a switch that set the trap into motion.
Wash only barely escaped with his life but he also managed to nab a piece of the ancient technology. It seemed to be an orb droid of some kind and as soon as he had touched it, it became active. It stated it's name was 1337 New Hope, but Wash just called him Thirteen for short. Thirteen's main function seems to be a locator of some kind, possibly to find planets that his creators used to reside on, however the true purpose is still a mystery. One that Wash plans to discover.
Guilty_Spark_T1_200_by_NeoLithicXcopycopy.jpg

A fabulous addition, Tuxy! >:D

Character Name: Arlonus Vorc

Job/Role: "entrepreneur/Vorc family member/merchant/shady deal man"

General Appearance:
captureypy.png

Current Goal/Purpose: The Vorc Family want Arlonus to "establish a presence" this usually means controlling critical trade ports, obtaining valuable land, recruiting skilled individuals , corrupting local powers, ect. He want his family leaders to think he has done a good job so that he'll get more power.

General Personality: Arlonus is a man ruled by power, and he hates it. Every action he has taken sence he was old enough to participate in family business has be to gain more power and influence in the family. He wants to be the leader some day and will do just about anything to get it. On the surface he come off as a pleasant man. But get a little deeper you'll find a man who would as easily kill you as shake your hand, provided the right incentive. While Arlonus has a taste for the lavish and extravagant he is also a practical man in that he doesn't waste money or time. he gives off a generally ominous presence that has lead to him being described as a dangerous man. While Arlonus may lack moral values he dose have a few principles that he will not compromise on. wanton killing is out, Betrayal of a promise no matter who the recipient is also out, and harming anyone who he considers a friend will get you dead.

General History: Arlonus was born into money, he never had a want let unfulfilled as a child. When he turned 15 he started running "errands" for the family and he started gaining influence and respect with the rest of the family. He quickly realized just how much he hated being ordered around and set his life's goal to be the one giving the orders. His uncle taught him the ropes of how to survive in the family because his father was always too busy with family politics. And as a result he looks to him as a role model and more of a fauther figure than his real fauther. Three months ago the family asked him to venture out and establish the families presence on Moraz9. And he's determined to prove how capable he is.

You're good to go, Ry!