Oderham's Little Ones [Half Human-Animal Hybrid]

Hitomebore

Loveless Purity
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. One post per week
Online Availability
WEEKDAY : Hardly online since I might be at home around 8 P.M. WEEKEND : Higher chance to be online. Can still handle OOC, but IC post needs more time
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Fantasy, Modern Fantasy, Adventure, Action, Supernatural, Magical, Medieval
Oderham's Little Ones [OOC] | IwakuRoleplay.com
2ev5lio.jpg

ornamentika_elvalaszto.png

21d3n8n.jpg

59qc3.jpg

PERICAN ALBOSE ODERHAM, The Famous 'Mad' Scientist, was living by himself in the middle of secluded forest, far from the crowd of men and the sound of chatters. He brought himself away from the citizens because he needed to discover something, he was making something unacceptable in the society, he was trying to make a... child.

Years went by, he made a lot of mistakes, some of them even... inhuman. Perican didn't stop, he tried and tried until one day when he was completely turned 40, Perican finally found a way to made a child. It was not perfect, but it breathed. It was not a normal human, he must honestly admitted, it was more like a hybrid. Though it had all of the organs and body parts a human should have, some of its body parts were abnormal because Perican could never made a child only with human DNA, he must used animal DNA as well. Perfect or not, Perican finally made a child.

sxkmr5.jpg

He named it as ASTER, she was a snake hybrid with snake hair as her notable feature. However, Perican saw lot of mistakes on Aster, so he decided to 'disassemble' her. He wanted to imbue her with abilities just like her animal parents. Another experiments commenced and two years later, Aster finally completed. Still couldn't separate her from odd feature, but now Aster was given special abilities.

One was never enough, Parican made another hybrids. The more he made, the more he polished up the hybrids. Aster, the origin hybrid, couldn't accept how her creator made her 'siblings' more perfect than her. Jealousy and hatred grew in a flash inside her mind and heart. No night passed without her thinking how to exterminate the new hybrids and took Perican's love only for her.

Another years passed by, Perican grew old and old. He didn't make anymore hybrids for he thought having 7 hybrids, including Aster, was finally enough. He had reached his life purpose, so he had nothing to regret when one day he must left the world. To protect his precious discovery, Perican wrote down the nearly perfect recipe how to make hybrid in one book, locked it inside chest and hid it right under the house. Aster... saw... everything... and she finally had the perfect plan.

Things were going normal as it should be until one night, Aster decided to run her organized plan. She made poison to make Perican slept forever, not dead, just slept until he was given the cure. After that, Aster took the hybrid recipe along with Perican's sleeping body. Aster ran off, disappeared into the darkness and left the rest of hybrids alone without any clue.

Next morning, the remaining hybrids gathered and decided to find Aster before she did something awful to their 'father', Perican. They didn't know a thing about the recipe, but one thing for sure, they knew taking away Perican was the first step of her evil plan.

2wnaexl.jpg

Hybrids are half-human half-animal who are granted by special abilities just like their animal parents. They will also have their animal parents' body part. Though it is usually only small body part, it can be seen clearly and people will know they are not normal as soon as their eyes catch the hybrids' notable animal feature. When Perican made hybrids, they were varies in shapes and ages. He could make 10 years old hybrids, also make 50 years old hybrids, Perican just needed to customize the human DNA. Because of this, hybrids are ageless, they won't die because of old age, but they aren't immune to death. It takes more than old age to kill hybrids and it takes more than just a light scratch to make them bleed. Still, they can die, they aren't immortal.

Hybrids have enhanced five senses, slightly surpass normal human. Paired with special abilities, hybrids can actually turned into killing machine. It needs an appropriate hand to handle the hybrids for hybrids can be used for good and bad. They tend to obey their creator, the first person they sees just like 'mother' to newborn. However, as time goes by and as their personalities develop, they can turn their back from their creator. The bond between them is one of the keys to change hybrids' behavior.

When hybrids were born, just like babies, they can't talk and walk. They need to learn, thankfully they learn faster than normal. It takes only about five days to teach them how to talk, another five days to teach them how to walk. In about one month, they will already know the basic knowledge about being human. The next months and years are for them to develop themselves.

Hybrids never went outside of the forest because Pericen forbid them to do so. Why? Because Perican was afraid how the world will react, he didn't want to share his wonderful discovery to the greedy world. He kept it to himself for years. So, the hybrids have tiny knowledge about the outside world. They have only met their fellow hybrids and Perican which means they don't know how the world will label them as 'freak'. The outside world doesn't know about their existence as well. Even though they know that Perican was making experiments in the forest, no one really wants to know about it. They leave Perican alone with himself, thinking that the mad scientist is a bad luck and keep their distance away from him.

IF YOU FINALLY ARRIVE AT THIS PART, I JUST WANNA SAY CONGRATULATIONS!

IT MEANS YOU EITHER READ ALL OF MY HARD WORK COMPLETELY OR SKIP THE PROLOG AND HYBRIDS EXPLANATION BECAUSE IT IS SO DAMN LONG :'D (Still, I don't think it is THAT long D:)

Anyway, I don't mind if you skip it, but I highly suggest you to read it if you wanna have clearer image about what I'm trying to tell here and there. Also, it will help you understand the story better. Don't worry though, I will explain the summary in the characters section because in this section, I will tell mostly about our part in this story.

v7gj2c.jpg

WE ARE THE REMAINING HYBRIDS, the younger siblings of Aster. Though we have no clue about what is she planning, we know it clearly that her intention is no where near goodness. After the night she took our creator, our father, we decided to step out of our comfortable house and seek Aster, bring her and Perican back to the forest. That is our main goal, but little we know, something bigger is coming our way at the moment we step out of the house.

More story will be unfold as the story goes by, these are the basic plot you should know. The setting will be fantasy, lean more to medieval setting. HOWEVER, there will no elves, dwarves, any magical creature that work and think like human. Monsters are different issues, they are still exist. I will explain more about this in OOC thread.
I will discuss the story with you, don't worry, but my words are final. Here are few wishes for my players:

[fieldbox="WISHES, plum, dashed, 10, Georgia"][1] Able to post at least ONCE A WEEK. I want to keep the story going and slowpoke RP will make the players bored easily. It will lose the interest faster. But worry not, my friends, RL comes first. Just give us a notice and you will be good ^^

[2] NO ONE LINER. One paragraph is a must! Do not just 'answering' other's post, keep it going to by giving other something to work on. No excuse, more is better, still quality over quantity.

[3] PROPER GRAMMAR AND SPELLING. It helps us understand what you're talking about. Doesn't need to perfect for I am not, English is not my first language, but at least it is understandable. I believe you don't want to make your fellow players poke their eyes out when trying to understand your post.

[4] DEDICATED PLAYERS, if you finally decided to join this RP, please don't leave us without notice. I know life happens, just tell me and we will wait for you. Just don't suddenly being inactive for 2 weeks or more without telling us, we need you. We work together, every single player here will give their own influences. You should know how important you are here.

[5] CREATIVE! I always encourage my players to be creative, even to small details like name and image. Also helps us to make the story stays interesting. Ideas are the most welcome here.

If you think you can handle my wishes (I am extra fussy, so if you don't follow this, I will bug you all the time), welcome aboard![/fieldbox]
Now, let's move on to the CHARACTERS NEEDED. I will keep the party smaller, so just like what I mentioned in prolog, I will have 6 players, including me. Yes I said 7 in prolog, but it counted Aster as well. I love diversity, but I need to balance the age range, I don't want to have 5 hybrids that are still 10 years old, it is not going to be adventure, it's called babysitting... Here you go about the characters' distribution.

TWO HYBRIDS (20-23) - Me, @Karma200 (Co-GM)
THREE HYBRIDS (16-19) - @sleepingxdragon, @CynderTheDragoness, @Mage Clawhammer
ONE HYBRID (12-15) - @firejay1

I MIGHT NEED MORE PLAYERS AS THE STORY GOES, SO KEEP YOUR EYES ON ^^

For 20-23 hybrids, I will ask the one who pick this age to become my Co-GM because we are the leader of these hybrids. Notice for you, I'm quiet PICKY, I want my Co-GM able to HELP ME, WORK WITH ME, FILL MY ABSENCE, and ABLE TO FOLLOW THE RULES WELL. Co-GM is like my buddies, we have each other back, and you are the role model for other players.
Yes, active Co-GM will be very helpful. BUT! If you still want to pick this age and don't wanna be Co-GM, tell me and we can find the best solution.

CHARACTER SHEET

THAT'S ALL! MORE DETAILED INFORMATION WILL BE TOLD IN OOC THREAD ^^ QUESTIONS AND SUGGESTIONS ARE VERY WELCOME, DON'T BE AFRAID TO ASK IF I DIDN'T EXPLAIN IT WELL.
ONE LAST THING... HAVE FUN!

Last edited:

Ah- this is interesting. Would it be possible to reserve one of the spots for the 16-19 year olds?​

• Love
Reactions: sleepingxdragon
Is there a character sheet skeleton?

Yes, there is, give me a minute ^^ @firejay1

Of course, are you planning on taking the Co-GM spot too? @Karma200

s5jrll.jpg

APPEARANCE
(No real images or gifs, use 3D or 2D arts, see the examples if you don't get it. If you can't find a picture with animal feature, you can explain it later in 'ANIMAL FEATURES' below)

NAME

HYBRID
(What kind of animal are you? Example, Aster is snake hybrid. If you want to take fish as your hybrid, I allow you to have ability to shape shifting into human, it means you can have FOUR abilities including this, but please make another animal feature beside the tail. Remember not to take the same hybrid as other)

ANIMAL FEATURES
(Even though your picture shows his/her animal features, please explain it again here)

PERSONALITY
(Gives 5 traits and explain each of it briefly either one by one or in paragraphs)

WEAPON
(You won't able to use this until later, this is for future references)

SPECIAL ABILITIES
(You can have TWO special abilities now and ONE for acquired special abilities, use your animal parents as references. For example, Aster the snake hybrid, has the ability to make any kind of poison using every liquid in her body, blood, sweat, anything. Don't make it OP)

SKILLS
(Any skills you have, it can be fighting skill or simple skill, like cooking. Maximum is 5 seeing how hybrids learn faster than normal)

STRENGTHS
(Maximum is 3, balance it well with your weaknesses)

WEAKNESSES
(Maximum is 3, balance it well with your strengths)

RELATIONSHIP
(Since the hybrids have been together since they were born, they will develop relationship with each other. You DON'T NEED to have relationship with each of hybrid. You MUST HAVE minimal TWO relationships. Ask your fellow players for relationship, the relationship can be rival, best friends, anything)

OTHER
(Other things you wanna add, anything you think is important to be mentioned belongs here)

@firejay1

Last edited:
Also, if we do the cs here the admin or mods will just tell us to move the thread since this is interest check

Great thank you! I will put you up~ Don't worry, that is just for information since someone asked, you don't need to post it now ^^ @Karma200

I'd like to reserve the 12-15 year old!

And up you go! ^^ @firejay1
Two more people and I will make the OOC.

Remind me to make a CS tomorrow, but if you can put me as a 19 or 20 year old, please do.

Don't worry about the CS~ You can make it later when OOC is up and I will reserve the spot for you ^^ @CynderTheDragoness

One more people and we'll start, so if you have friends who might interested in this, it will be great to lead them here ^^

Yeay! Welcome aboard! I believe you will take the last spot? 16-19 hybrid? @Mage Clawhammer