Odd or Unique things you do while writing~

I am almost always smoking weed while I write. I also hum idiotic tunes to myself while I'm proof-reading posts.

I sometimes do the music thing too, but it has to be songs I'm not going to sing along with. Otherwise I'll do lots of singing and no writing. 8D

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
I tend to rock when I write. It's just a comfort thing, I suppose. But when I write I stare at the screen and rock back and forth, of course that's not very good for my eyes but it's the best way I write. :]

You're not alone. I can't concentrate if there's music playing. XD
Wel I cant "concentrate" either vith music, but for me writing isnt about concentration its about inspiration. And music inspires me! :) In fact thats just it; if I concentrate on the writing, I jam-up, I can spend a hour blocked, just staring at a fucking blank screen XD. If I'm just being instinctive I can put out some good posts. Just how my brain works I gues! Being spontaneus doez the trick for me, overthinking stuff dont do it.

Wel I cant "concentrate" either vith music, but for me writing isnt about concentration its about inspiration. And music inspires me! :) In fact thats just it; if I concentrate on the writing, I jam-up, I can spend a hour blocked, just staring at a fucking blank screen XD. If I'm just being instinctive I can put out some good posts. Just how my brain works I gues! Being spontaneus doez the trick for me, overthinking stuff dont do it.
And the "staring at a blank screen for an hour" predicament is precisely why I need to be able to concentrate. I'll just zone out otherwise. XD

And the "staring at a blank screen for an hour" predicament is precisely why I need to be able to concentrate. I'll just zone out otherwise. XD
Mhm that shit sucks! :P But we handle it diferently I gues. You zone out vhen you dont concentrate, I zone out vhen I do. XD At least regarding writing. I love concentrating in other stuf, for instanse you cant meditate or do yoga or work out w/o intense concentration. But for any kind of mental activity, I need to "unthink" things to get anything done.

I sometimes stand up and walk in circles or exercise because my hands cannot keep up with my head and I need to release excess energy.

Other times I spend multiple days on a single post writing it periodically over the course of a weekend. Also change everything. All the time.

Is that odd or unique I don't know I just wanted to post something.

I sometimes stand up and walk in circles or exercise because my hands cannot keep up with my head and I need to release excess energy.
I find this to be a helpful technique when I'm spacing out too much. Just taking a second to get up, stretch, and pace the floor for a bit helps to not only sort of refresh my mind, but I feel like the extra blood flow helps keep me thinking straight, too.

UUUUHM, Apparently I hold a pencil/pen really weird when I write. Every time someone notices they literally stop what I am doing and are like "Does your hand hurt? Like how can you write like that?" and are just completely baffled when I tell them that's just how I learned to hold a pencil.

6acd3c7b-1c38-48be-8d4b-6d5afb773a9d_zpsr4wj1pmd.jpg

20151202_174004_zpshlfjzcia.jpg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
I have a writing routine of things that I have to do before I write anything in my roleplay:

#1: Read a book for AT LEAST 30 minutes before writing anything.

#2: Pull up some appropriate music for the scene as though it were a movie and let my brain go to town.

#3: Pull up my char sheet to double check that I have envisioned my character correctly to the scene.

#4: I pull up word and type it in there first to make sure it looks good on paper. I also tend to type it on the tiniest legible font I can find because somehow, it makes my work look better to me.

#5: Read it once and wordsmith things.

#6: Post and pray it doesn't look like a vat of radioactive dogshit to my partner/s.

I wiggle my toes. :D

• Love
Reactions: Arlathina
UUUUHM, Apparently I hold a pencil/pen really weird when I write. Every time someone notices they literally stop what I am doing and are like "Does your hand hurt? Like how can you write like that?" and are just completely baffled when I tell them that's just how I learned to hold a pencil.

6acd3c7b-1c38-48be-8d4b-6d5afb773a9d_zpsr4wj1pmd.jpg

20151202_174004_zpshlfjzcia.jpg
... THAT'S THE EXACT WAY I WRITE TOO! :D

... THAT'S THE EXACT WAY I WRITE TOO! :D
I'm pretty sure it's the reason I have carpel tunnel or arthritis in my thumb. xD

wait, nvm carpel tunnel is a wrist thing. Gosh I'm tired lol

I'm pretty sure it's the reason I have carpel tunnel or arthritis in my thumb. xD

wait, nvm carpel tunnel is a wrist thing. Gosh I'm tired lol
I don't know about medical concerns. But it's the reason my thumbs always turn black whenever I use a pencil! :P

Reactions: Esmeray
That person up above me has pretty hands. I wonder if they got their nails done just to take that photo. Anyways, I usually tilt my head to the left when I write, whether in writing or typing. I believe this has something to do with the fact that language comprehension is predominantly processed in the left side of the brain (increased blood flow, maybe?). It actually stifles me to try and write without tilting my head, and I have tried to force myself before. That is the oddest thing I can think of.

I also usually begin to sing, but then I just become way too invested in singing and go back to focusing on writing.

That person up above me has pretty hands. I wonder if they got their nails done just to take that photo. Anyways, I usually tilt my head to the left when I write, whether in writing or typing. I believe this has something to do with the fact that language comprehension is predominantly processed in the left side of the brain (increased blood flow, maybe?). It actually stifles me to try and write without tilting my head, and I have tried to force myself before. That is the oddest thing I can think of.

I also usually begin to sing, but then I just become way too invested in singing and go back to focusing on writing.

Um, thank you. ^^

No, I didn't get them done before hand. I'm not that obsessive over how I look. I just naturally have very pretty hands I suppose?? I take care of them on a regular basis. Not really anything over the top. I just keep them trimmed and then I buff them so they are shiny. I work as cashier at my new job, and feel like looking presentable, especially my hands, is important while at work.

I've never heard of some one tilting their head while they write. I dont imagine that's something I could do with my bad back. Doesn't it hurt after a while???

Um, thank you. ^^

No, I didn't get them done before hand. I'm not that obsessive over how I look. I just naturally have very pretty hands I suppose?? I take care of them on a regular basis. Not really anything over the top. I just keep them trimmed and then I buff them so they are shiny. I work as cashier at my new job, and feel like looking presentable, especially my hands, is important while at work.

I've never heard of some one tilting their head while they write. I dont imagine that's something I could do with my bad back. Doesn't it hurt after a while???
How endearing of you. And, yes, it does. I get really bad kinks in my neck from keeping my head tilted for so long, but it is a natural reaction. Even if I try to correct myself, my head will begin to tilt gradually without my noticing until I am looking at a sideways screen.

Um, thank you. ^^

I didn't want to say anything and risk sounding creepy, but since it's been said already I also think you have nice hands. :P

• Thank You
Reactions: Esmeray