2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Male
TOURNAMENTS THREAD
DUNGEON THREAD
RESORT THREAD
CHARACTER THREAD
COMBAT TEST THREAD

Welcome! In addition to the Iwaku rules, please follow these of my own:
No discussing real world hot-topic issues, such as politics, religion, or other things that may cause arguments.
Do please respect your other players, and my role as GM.
Don't be afraid to chat or ask questions! I love it!

Please at least one paragraph per post, do your best to keep the scene moving.
Please do your best with punctuation and grammar!
There is no posting order, and you are allowed to post to keep conversations moving, but please be courteous and limit yourself if it is only you and someone else.

Please do not post characters in this thread.
You may have up to 3 characters active in a single tournament. Other characters not in the tournament may still interact in the resort

(Many of the rules about rolling will only be used by me. However, die rolls and effects will be listed out in the post, so if I make a mistake you might catch it and correct me)

Combat is done in a turn-based format. Each player types out one post which details the response to the last round, as well as the character's actions for the current round. You may not control your opponent's character in any way, unless permission is given. You may also not emote any attacks landing, as the occurrences of each combat round is determined by dice, and will be emoted in the GM post.

In combat, each round a character may choose an action:
ALL-OUT ATTACK - 2 Attack dice
BALANCED - 1 Attack die 1 Defense die
TOTAL DEFENSE - 2 Defense Dice (This action may only be used twice in a row)
Or they may activate one of their special abilities.

(Defensive abilities that are not agressed upon will not activate cooldown)

Even Rolls (2,4,6,8,10) are successes, odd rolls (3,5,7,9,11) all fail.
1's are Critical Fails, 12's are Critical Success

1 Attack deals 1 health
1 Defense protects 1 health
Crit Attack deals 2 health
1 Attack and 1 Defense cancel out
Critfail Attack causes 1 health to attacker
Defense makes Crit Attack deal 1 health
Crit Defense cancels Crit Attack
Crit Defense deals counter vs normal attack
Critfail Defense allows a counter vs Successful Defense
Critfail Defense makes a successful attack a Crit

HEALTH CONDITIONS
Healthy -> Slightly Wounded -> Wounded -> Heavily Wounded -> Near Defeat -> Defeated
9hp -> 8/7hp -> 6/5hp -> 4/3hp -> 2/1hp -> 0hp (Dead)

WINS AND PROGRESSION
In general, the characters will 'level' in a balanced manner. The farther a character gets in a tournament, the more of their gear they can make look 'fancy' with no real gameplay difference. The winning character(s) of a tournament will get something new and fancy (still with no mechanical benefit), possibly progress towards 'win-locked goals' and must sit out for the next tournament. Other characters will also gain new gear for participation if they haven't won in a while
LOSSES - In most cases, battle losses will have no consequences beyond being out of the tournament. However, if decided upon by the players in one match, the loser may have to give up one item, may become inactive for a number of tournaments, or even be killed outright

Last edited:
Alright, will do.

Sounds fair! You can go first if you want, Sail! I have a few things I need done so I'll be afk for a few minutes here ^^'

OOC Battle Practice
Arena: Open Arena
Weather: Overcast Evening

The cold energy from the portal evaporated into the air behind her-a gust of wind blew her loose hair backwards as air rushed to fill the hole left by the portal. She removed her gun from her holster, setting it to non-lethal. She would need to assess the situation before doing anything rash. She pushed the energy that rested within her left golden bracelet into a shape resembling a grappling hook attached to a small wire. While she knew there was nothing she could specifically grip on to, she knew she could pull herself up onto a nearby wall.

She pointed the hook at the wall behind her, and launched the hook towards the top of the stone wall. The force of the hook pulling her towards it would have knocked most people out, especially when she came to a sudden stop, but her nanotech suit was built to help her resist high G-forces. From her high vantage point, she awaited her opponent, beginning to formulate an attack strategy.
@Tiguidi

Action: Total Defense(2 Defense Dice)(+1 to Stored Shot Pool, 1/5 Total)

Last edited:
(I probably should have mentioned and put this in the rules, but at the end of each post, please put an OOC note of what action you are taking. Like, for example:

Action: Total Defense (2 Defense Dice))

For mine whenever I add a dice to the stored shot pool I'll make sure to note it. The stored shot ability can go above five, but for every one I go above five, I must roll a dice with six sides whose chance for failure(starting at 1 in six) goes up by one for each additional shot I store. If I fail the roll, I lose my entire stored shot potential and must restart. I think that will leave some interesting room for tension in my attacks

OOC Battle Practice
Arena: Open Arena
Weather: Overcast Evening

Neil opened his eyes as he felt the outside air brush on his cheeks after he arrived at destination. Letting out a small hum, the esper looked around, wishing to observe the arena before any fighting occurred. His gaze paused when he noticed the woman in front of him. Before he could say anything, however, she has already turned her back on him and climbed up to a higher ground using a grappling hook. "Alright, that's a thing, I guess...", he mumbled to himself.

"Looks like you found a good sightseeing spot, huh?", Neil called out, using a hand to block off the sunlight. "Hello~!", he added with a small grin. Keeping his eyes on the woman, he started levitating into the air, awaiting any action from her part.

Action: Levitation (Cooldown: 2 turns - 1 defense die - 1’s and 3’s are successes instead of failures for this turn.)

Okay so at this point I think this raises a good conundrum. I think that when there's no attack dice, I'll not roll and note such in the results thread. I don't think it'd be fair for an errant random counter to hijack a character. Although this may be contextual?

Nah, makes sense. Though that got me thinking. Knowing that someone uses a defensive ability might just prompt the other to go on the defensive as well while the ability wears out and goes on cooldown. Hmmm

Sail grinned as her opponent began to levitate. "Ah yes, it's quite a good spot. But it's a bit uncomfortable for my liking." She let herself drop, quickly launching another hook at a point 20 feet to her diagonal.

She began to ponder what possible ability her opponent had. This was one person she was unable to research; this battle was unplanned and thus she was unprepared.

"Could it be telekinesis? Or maybe he manipulates the air. I've gotta be careful until I'm sure."

She had an idea on a possible test she could perform, but waited to see if his movements told her anything.

(Total Defense-2 Defense Die.) (+1 to Stored Shot, 2/5)

I mean that is how fights in real life often go. Maybe if someone uses a defensive move and no attack die is used against them, they can use it again without a cooldown or something like that.

I'll say Sail will attack next turn for sure to test the attack system.

I mean that is how fights in real life often go. Maybe if someone uses a defensive move and no attack die is used against them, they can use it again without a cooldown or something like that.

Possible. Though I feel like there needs to be some sort of stalemate protection. Elsewise we might just get an unending loop - at least until Sail gains a full stack in this example, but still

Hmmmm. Maybe a rule can be you can only take the same action twice in a row. And since Stored Shot doesn't have to be used if I attack, it would mean she could still keep stacking after this turn.

The cooldown rule sounds good but I think only the total defense shouldn't be used twice in a row since going all out or balanced still gets an attack roll into the mix.

Alright. I think those both sound fair. So we can have total defense only usable twice in a row. I'll work to add them in, but I may fall asleep soon.

@Tiguidi just need an action from you! And if you just defend we can move onto the next like before :)

"Eh, I dunno, the air is nice.", Neil commented as he landed on top of the wall as well, although on a different vantage point. He continued to hum as he saw the woman jump around using her grappling hook. "That looks convenient.", he added.

Noticing a part of the wall that seemed weaker, the esper decided to get things started. "Well, we can get pleasant to one another later! For now, watch your left!"

His hands were still in his pockets but his eyes briefly glowed a pale blue as a part of the wall was ripped off and flew straight towards Sail. Though Neil only wanted to test her reactions for the moment.

Action: Balanced (1 attack, 1 defense)

Alrighty then! I'll roll the dice and post tomorrow! Can't think well enough right now xD

Ooooo interesting. I like this fight thus far. And XD understandable