2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Male
TOURNAMENTS THREAD
DUNGEON THREAD
RESORT THREAD
CHARACTER THREAD
COMBAT TEST THREAD

Welcome! In addition to the Iwaku rules, please follow these of my own:
No discussing real world hot-topic issues, such as politics, religion, or other things that may cause arguments.
Do please respect your other players, and my role as GM.
Don't be afraid to chat or ask questions! I love it!

Please at least one paragraph per post, do your best to keep the scene moving.
Please do your best with punctuation and grammar!
There is no posting order, and you are allowed to post to keep conversations moving, but please be courteous and limit yourself if it is only you and someone else.

Please do not post characters in this thread.
You may have up to 3 characters active in a single tournament. Other characters not in the tournament may still interact in the resort

(Many of the rules about rolling will only be used by me. However, die rolls and effects will be listed out in the post, so if I make a mistake you might catch it and correct me)

Combat is done in a turn-based format. Each player types out one post which details the response to the last round, as well as the character's actions for the current round. You may not control your opponent's character in any way, unless permission is given. You may also not emote any attacks landing, as the occurrences of each combat round is determined by dice, and will be emoted in the GM post.

In combat, each round a character may choose an action:
ALL-OUT ATTACK - 2 Attack dice
BALANCED - 1 Attack die 1 Defense die
TOTAL DEFENSE - 2 Defense Dice (This action may only be used twice in a row)
Or they may activate one of their special abilities.

(Defensive abilities that are not agressed upon will not activate cooldown)

Even Rolls (2,4,6,8,10) are successes, odd rolls (3,5,7,9,11) all fail.
1's are Critical Fails, 12's are Critical Success

1 Attack deals 1 health
1 Defense protects 1 health
Crit Attack deals 2 health
1 Attack and 1 Defense cancel out
Critfail Attack causes 1 health to attacker
Defense makes Crit Attack deal 1 health
Crit Defense cancels Crit Attack
Crit Defense deals counter vs normal attack
Critfail Defense allows a counter vs Successful Defense
Critfail Defense makes a successful attack a Crit

HEALTH CONDITIONS
Healthy -> Slightly Wounded -> Wounded -> Heavily Wounded -> Near Defeat -> Defeated
9hp -> 8/7hp -> 6/5hp -> 4/3hp -> 2/1hp -> 0hp (Dead)

WINS AND PROGRESSION
In general, the characters will 'level' in a balanced manner. The farther a character gets in a tournament, the more of their gear they can make look 'fancy' with no real gameplay difference. The winning character(s) of a tournament will get something new and fancy (still with no mechanical benefit), possibly progress towards 'win-locked goals' and must sit out for the next tournament. Other characters will also gain new gear for participation if they haven't won in a while
LOSSES - In most cases, battle losses will have no consequences beyond being out of the tournament. However, if decided upon by the players in one match, the loser may have to give up one item, may become inactive for a number of tournaments, or even be killed outright

Last edited:
@Mythy the Dragon-Wolf ...

Changed status to "APPROVED - INACTIVE"... not sure if I'm correct in doing so, or whether I'm free now to go active and post.

@Roose Hurro that's fine, bringing in the family. Also, if the character is not taking part in the tournament then it's technically inactive but they're still welcome to be in the Resort. :)

In other words, feel free to come in

@Roose Hurro that's fine, bringing in the family. Also, if the character is not taking part in the tournament then it's technically inactive but they're still welcome to be in the Resort. :)

In other words, feel free to come in

Thanks...

1575091975978.png