OC Tournament & Resort Combat Test Thread

Practice Battle 1
Terrain: Rocky Wasteland
Weather: Drizzling Rain (Change Forecasted)
Opponent: Sail @Sail
~~~~~​

Kelon landed on his feet after dropping from the portal, looking out at the area in front of him. A large arena, built to seem like a wasteland filled with boulders, was it? He checked to make sure that everything was in its correct place. Soon he was satisfied, and began to walk towards where his opponent was.

"Sail." He said simply, chewing the cig in his mouth.

Practice Battle 1
Opponent: Kelon @Mythy the Dragon-Wolf
~~~~~

Sail was launched from the portal, landing hands first. She thanked the Master her hands were covered, and then leapt to her feet, firing up a light lance in one hand. She did a fancy flourish with it, swinging the cord around her wrist. She then pulled the gun out of the holster with her left hand and began to search the stone for her target.

Soon, her eyes laid upon him; white fur which starkly contrasted the stone and rhe cigarette in his mouth, just as the information she had read described. She heard her name called, responding with a soft, "Kelon."

She braced herself for impact, expecting danger, while she began to study her opponent.

(All Out Defense, 2 Defense Die. +1 to Stored Shot)

Practice Battle 1
~~~~~

"Quite an occasion to be called for a battle after." Kelon said with a small smirk. "But don't think I'll be taking it easy on you. I will fight for all I am worth. It's the least I can do for this future I was given."

With that said, he quickly drew a blade and swung it, a scything blade of wind flying forward towards Sail.

(Scything Wind - 1 Attack Die, pierce all successful defenses)

Practice Battle 1
Kelon vs Sail
@Mythy the Dragon-Wolf @Sail

Sail -> 2 Defense (1/11) = 1 Critical Failure/1 Failure (all negated)
Kelon -> Scything Wind 1 Attack (12) = Critical Success

End Result
Sail -> 7 HP Slightly Wounded
Kelon -> 9 HP Healthy ; Scything Wind Cooldown -> 2

Kelon's wind would streak straight and true, breaking through any and all defenses that Sail put up.​

Practice Battle 1
~~~~~

Sail felt the blast of wind full force as she was knocked hard onto her back. Her breath caught in her lungs- a feeling of cold spread through her body. "Note..." She said, her voice like a leaf, "Kelon can manipulate wind. Unlike Neil, he does not seem to be telekenetic, but he should be treated as such until fully proven otherwise."

Sail fired her light lance at the rock in front of her, pulling it up until it sat upright. She ducked behind it, a plan forming to take down Kelon.

(All Out Defense, 2 Defense Die. +1 to Stored Shot, 2/5)

Practice Battle 1
~~~~~

Almost as soon as Sail had knelt behind the stone, Kelon was kneeling atop it and looking down at Sail with a smile. "Don't hide from me, Sail." He hummed a bit before disappearing once more, his speed aiming to take Sail down quickly and powerfully.

(All Out Attack - 2 Attack Dice)

Practice Battle 1
Kelon vs Sail

Sail -> 2 Defense (8/12) = 1 Critical Success/Success
Kelon -> 2 Attack (12/4) = 1 Critical Success/1 Success

End Result
Sail -> 7 HP Slightly Wounded
Kelon -> 9 HP Healthy ; Scything Wind Cooldown -> 1

Sail would find herself able to block each attack that Kelon gave. He was still hard to see, but somehow every blow was either evaded or blocked.​

Practice Battle 1

"That wasn't very nice, was it? I'll hide if I want to. Now you see me," she flashed a checky grin before commanding her suit to begin blurring itself, "now you don't."

"Thus far, Kelon has been quite agressive in his attacks. If he continues this pursuit, an opportunity to move in with a barrage of attacks may be possible," her AI intoned in her head.

She pulled her gun out and aimed it at Kelon.

(Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle, Cooldown 3. 3 Defense Die. +1 to Stored Shot, 3/5)

Practice Battle 1

"If you like hiding so much, I bet Rayleigh will love seeking for you." Kelon chuckled a little, chewing on his cig as he watched Sail begin to blur. "An interesting trick." he hummed, closing his eyes and turning his nose to try and find Sail through the scent of rain. He would once more rush her, afterimage disappearing as he attempted to use scent to find her.

"Hm. Seems like you might be ready to fight soon." he commented as he attacked, seeing her gun aimed towards where he was.

(All-out attack: 2 Attack Dice)

Practice Battle 1
Kelon vs Sail
Terrain: Rocky Wasteland -> Muddy Wasteland
Weather: Drizzling Rain -> Downpour
Pitfalls: 2s also critically fail

Sail -> 3 Defense (8/5/5) = 2 failure, 1 success
Kelon -> 2 Attack (8/4) = 2 Success

End Result
Sail -> 6 HP Wounded ; Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle Cooldown (3)
Kelon -> 9 HP Healthy

Using his nose, Kelon is able to home in on Sail. She blocks a forward strike, but catches a kick in her ribs before the wolfling steps back into his unarmed stance.

During this time, the rain turned into a torrential downpour, and the floor of the arena begins to become waterlogged. It quickly grows muddy, causing unstable footing and slowing those on the ground.​

Practice Battle 1
Weather: Downpour

Sail felt the water began to lap around her feet; every sense in her body told her to get away from the ground. "Alert! Alert! Kelon's may be able to use the downpour to his advantage. If his wind blasts are strong enough, the rain could become like razor sharp projectiles."

Sail fired her light lance at the wall behind her. She felt her entire body yanked backwards, and as she flew through the air, she flicked on the lethal explosion mode and fired off two quick pulses. "Catch me if you can!"

(Lethal Explosion Mode, Cooldown 3-2 Attack Die, 5s Count as a success)

Practice Battle 1
Terrain: Muddy Wasteland

"Rayleigh would also love to play chase, you know." Kelon chuckled, jumping from the muddy ground to be on top of one of the larger stones. He watched as the light lance pulled Sail back, narrowing his eyes as she readied her weapon. "Ugh. It got soggy." he took the cig from his mouth, and shoved it in a pocket. Then, he grinned and lept after her, fists up and ready to strike.

(Balanced, 1 Attack 1 Defense)

Practice Battle 1
Kelon vs Sail

Sail -> 2 Attack (11/2) = 1 Fail/1 Critfail
Kelon -> 1 Attack/1 Defense (2/8) = 1 Critfail/1Success

End Result
Sail -> 5 HP Wounded ; Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle Cooldown (2) ; Lethal Explosion Mode Cooldown (3)
Kelon -> 8 HP Slightly Wounded

As Kelon launched off the boulder, it shifted within the mud and threw off his trajectory. He landed a bit awkwardly, but was able to roll to the side in order to dodge a shot from Sail. However, that shot seemed to not explode when it hit the mud, and the second shot went off a bit too close, causing damage to Sail.​

Practice Battle 1

As Sail felt herself yanked backwards into the air, she felt the intense heat explode from one of her shots; it seemed she had poorly misjudged her aim, and fired straight into the mud.

She impacted the large stone wall, cursing herself for not taking the easy quick shot. Now she knew she'd be unable to attack at range for a short time; she would prepare herself for when she could.

(Total Defense, 2 Defense Die. +1 to Stored Shot, 4/5)

Practice Battle 1

Kelon cursed when he landed in the mud, feeling his leg twist a little. He grumbled and narrowed his eyes as he launched himself back onto a larger stone. "What're you waiting for, Sail!?" he called to her with a small grin. Though inwardly he was curious. What was she waiting for? Some sort of power strike? If that was the case, perhaps he shouldn't charge her again. He laid a hand on one of his swords and swung it again, sending a quick blast of wind towards Sail once more.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Practice Battle 2
Neil (Initiative 12) vs Xy (Initiative 9)
@Tiguidi @XycloneKiller
Terrain: Sky - Floating Platforms
Weather: Lightning Storm
Pitfalls: Every turn a die is rolled. If a 5 is rolled, both combatants take 1 HP
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Practice Battle 1
Kelon vs Sail

Sail -> 2 Defense (7/4) = 1 Fail/1 Success
Kelon -> 1 Attack (2) = 1 Critfail

End Result
Sail -> 5 HP Wounded ; Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle Cooldown (1) ; Lethal Explosion Mode Cooldown (2)
Kelon -> 7 HP Slightly Wounded ; Scything Wind Cooldown (2)

As Sail prepared to block whatever attack Kelon threw at her, a blast of wind tore through the downpour and the arena. It caught and dispersed Kelon's attack, as well as threw Kelon back and slamming him against a stone.​

Practice Battle 2
Terrain: Floating Platforms
Neil against Xy @XycloneKiller

The sound of lightning was the first thing Neil noticed when he got out of the portal. Looking up, he clicked his tongue at the sight of the multitude of dark clouds above him. "Yikes, that's gonna be an interesting one...", he commented as he stuffed his hands in his pockets. Humming a small tune, he walked along, looking for his opponent. "I wonder who the other guy is... I know for certain I'm not against Sail or Kelon, this time..."

Practice Battle 1
Arena: Rocky Wasteland

Her gun felt hot to the touch as she holstered it; she noted to the AI to add "upgrade gun's explosives" to her personal to do list. "I'm waiting for you to come get me. But, I guess you can't climb like I can. Maybe I should come down there soon?"

Of course, she had no such plan. Instead, she decided in that moment to perform an experiment with her bracelets. How far could her light blades extend? Even if she missed, as long as she gave off the air or confidence, Kelon very well would believe she was just holding back. She shouted as she fired a light lance at Kelon, but she made sure to will the tip to be as sharp and painful as her normal sword slashes, "On second thought, maybe I won't."

(Balanced, 1 Attack Die, 1 Defense Die. 4/5 Stored Shot)

Practice Battle 2
Terrain
: Floating Platforms
Opponent: @Tiguidi

Walking through the portal, Xy felt a shudder run through him. The crackling lightning was not the cause, but the act of the portal itself. 'That's very unpleasant,' he thought to himself as he took a better look around his surroundings. He moved out to the edge of the platform he stood on, peering over the edge with a long, drawn out 'hmmm'.

His eyes, once joyous and friendly, now seemed nothing more than calculating as he began to move about. Who was his opponent? He didn't know, but in that moment it did not matter.

Practice Battle 2
Terrain: Floating Platforms
Neil against Xy @XycloneKiller

As the esper approached the edge of the platform he stood in, he noticed a man on another one down below, peering into the abyss. "Oh my, you're a big boy, aren't you?", Neil said with a small grin. "You'd think they wanted to kill us, considering that lightning sword, huh?"

That huge sword on the man's back was a bit worrying but Neil could hopefully manage. "Though falling doesn't seem like it'd be much fun...", he added, glancing back under the platforms.