OC Game of Thrones type ?

S

Sekushiii

Original poster
I've been rereading the Game of Thrones book and rewatching the series in anticipation for the new season and it's got me craving a medieval type RP with a plot line similar to Game of Thrones but with OCs (I kind of feel like there's only so much you can do when you copy ol characters and their stories). I'm still in the beginning process of my thoughts and I've only ever done one x one RPs on here.. haven't really given a group RP creation a shot so I'll likely need some help but I was thinking maybe taking a few different people as "rulers" of their own kingdoms of creation (under the same theme and connected in some way) and going from there with all the different characters and different story lines that come together and plots to take over all the Kingdoms, etc. Etc.

Anyways that's my rambling of thoughts, I figured I'd check on here and see if anyone else would be interested.

Reactions: Pvris
If you want people to be rulers of individual holdings and the like, perhaps it would be good to have them create two or more characters with one being a ruler and others filling different roles in lands separate from their own. It will allow players to interact with each other and perhaps even scheme behind the back of the ruler of said land à la GoT.
Just a thought, ramblings as you call them.

If you want people to be rulers of individual holdings and the like, perhaps it would be good to have them create two or more characters with one being a ruler and others filling different roles in lands separate from their own. It will allow players to interact with each other and perhaps even scheme behind the back of the ruler of said land à la GoT.
Just a thought, ramblings as you call them.
I think that would be a great idea ^_^
I also figured NPCs could be added in here and there for the added drama as well since character killing off is a popular theme among medieval story lines.

Would those NPC's be free game for everyone then, in the sense that everyone can use them when they see fit? That could work, even if it does make things a bit tricky if their personality or capabilities aren't made crystal clear.

Would those NPC's be free game for everyone then, in the sense that everyone can use them when they see fit? That could work, even if it does make things a bit tricky if their personality or capabilities aren't made crystal clear.
I'm not sure about that so much as letting people create a few NPCs.. maybe though if everyone works together, doesn't God mod and what not.. that could work. ^_^

Reactions: caligari
How many people are you hoping for, give or take?

I think I could start the RP with around 8 to 10 people. With different kingdoms it would be hard to do any less.

Yeah, I understand the desire for variety, but that seems a bit optimistic.