Online Availability
10AM - 10PM Daily
Writing Levels
  1. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
Genres
Romance, Supernatural, Fantasy, Thriller, Space Exploration, Slice of Life
Life is long and sometimes we grow out of things, even our most hardcore obsessions. O:

I'll admit it. My name is Diana and I was a teenage otaku. I was obsessed with everything anime, manga, and Japan. I dropped random Japanese into my language, said things like "anime is better than american cartoons", and every character and roleplay I made had a Japanese name/title even when it made absolutely no sense.

But you know what, my only regret is that this phase happened when I was young and broke, so I never got to buy a bunch of cool stuff go to a ton of conventions and cosplay and buy all the artbooks. D:< Now I am older and this obsession has long faded. I still watch anime sometimes, but it's no longer my LIFE. I've outgrown the lifestyle and moved on to other loves.

It's not the only obsession I've had before, there's been many! Some stronger than others. (Like that time I was REALLY into magic, or when I did nothing but play Neopets all day.) It's fun to think about these old loves though, and I want to hear about yours!

What is something that you USED to be obsessed with to the point that it was your only interest, but have since grown out of and moved on from (even if you still keep it/do it a little bit less now).

• Haha
Reactions: s p o o k
I feel like most people who end up on RP sites had an anime obsession at one time or another. Fandom RP sites are a dime a dozen, and the RP habit seems to stick around longer than the anime habit does!

There was a time I was also an anime-crazed pre-teen, when I loved Sailor Moon and Cardcaptor Sakura and Cowboy Bebop, and had wall scrolls and posters and plushies all that other shit. I never went to cons or did cosplay because I didn't have the money (and my very Asian parents weren't about to fund a hobby they deemed unworthy).

My REAL obsession though was probably the MMORPG Star Wars Galaxies. I started playing it in high school, scrounging together allowance and lunch money to buy game time cards from Circuit City and Best Buy. Then, in college, my parents gave me a decent allowance so I ended up getting a second account to farm with. I'd skip classes for that game, stay up until ungodly hours of the morning playing it. On my secondary account I farmed for crafting resources, using them to craft equipment for my main account and selling the excess for extra money. The server I played on held annual "best-of" polls, and I was a proud winner of the Best Officer award (Officer was the character class I played) several years in a row!

I love and miss everything about that game. The community, the depth of the crafting system, the old non-linear skill tree system, the PvP, all of it. I stuck around from 2004 all the way until the devs pulled the plug in 2011. It's the only MMO I can really say I loved. I've played dozens of MMOs since then and none of them have quite filled the gap it left behind.

I am going to go with Club Penguin. I completed all the special missions and even grinded for stuff with a membership. Same with most games I was obessesed with, I still play the one that are active on occasion, but they are not my obessesson anymore.

Ah, yup. I was that anime obsessed kiddo to a T. My characters and other things all had weebass names that I'll probably cringe over if I ever have the heart to look back at very old work. I've mellowed out a bit, hell, I barely watch anime at all anymore. That said, I still only use anime style faceclaims and I still draw in the style, so I can't say I've entirely moved on. xD I never ended up attending a convention though, even though I'm in one of the prime cities for one. I theoretically had the money, but could never really justify the cost personally.

My other thing was Runescape. I put way too much time into that game and its fandom in the mid 2000s, and I've barely played it at all for years now. I still log into my account on an old fansite from years past occasionally, and it still astonishes me that I managed a whopping 11,000+ forum posts on Runescape things... I've only got a bit over a thousand here over about the same amount of time.

Habbo Hotel, anyone?

Oh my god, I remember those days. Anime club. Like, anime club at school and anime club at the library lmao. One of my best friends wore a tail and ears to school. <3 Oh lordy. Naruto was 100% my thing. We had the headbands and everything haha. I even did cosplay as Naruto once. All of my characters were Japanese.

I have a history of brief obsessions, but my anime phase lasted the longest. It's definitely what lead me to roleplay in the first place, so I'm happy for that! I think it was a couple of years before I started using original characters, but after that I was so opposed to playing canon lol.

Also, Quizilla??? That place used to be a different world!! I remember some stories I read that, uh... haha, well, were wild. Probably had some effect on the person I am today too. xD

Well one of my obsessions was whenever I talked with someone it was about sports I tended to be the most comfortable with since I couldn't really interact well with people because beyond schoolwork most didn't interact with me.
Now it is more of being understood as a person that has become an obsession of sorts but I do not know on how that quest has turned out as it feels more of a upward battle than anything.

Habbo Hotel, anyone?
There wasn't a day when I didn't log in. Even got the HC, spent too much money on the game when I was like 10 and my dad found out and got hella mad - whoops 8D.

My obsession was Titanic and natural disasters (or disasters in general). Man did I love Titanic. Watched the movie at least twice a week, whenever I went to the library I checked if they had a book about Titanic. I still obsess about a little bit, even went on a road trip to Missouri with my bf to go to the Titanic museum. Another obsession of mine was also anime/manga. I stayed home from school one day to watch Clannad. I stayed up late to watch Vampire Knight, read Fairy Tale and went to conventions. Ah, I miss those days.

I"m a little too old to have had the obsessions of the above members. We had tigerbeat...yeah yeah...get it overwith..laugh. I was addicted to Hardy Boys/ Nancy Drew mysteries and building anything I could with spare things my dad had lying around. there were no computers back then, so we were addicted to fresh air and sunshine I guess.

Now as an adult I've had a few, Macrame, needlepoint, quilting(still in this one) and decorating.

"I never had a weeb phase." King said smugly, as if they didn't obsess with BMTH at 14, wearing only black clothes and posted their "Rawr xD" edits on tumblr.

I used to be obsessed with cats-borderline still am but now I tone it down-like it was insane. Everything I owned had some type of cat on it, cat phone case, cat mugs, cat phone charm, cat backpack, cat notebooks, anywhere I went on vacation I only bought stuff that had cats on it. At one point I owned SIX CATS, not something I recommend since my parents hated cats. My obsession for cats an owning them hit its downfall when one day my cat merlin or mermer as a nickname, discovered how to turn on the sink. Now my cats had to be confined to my bedroom and bathroom, because my mom hates cats, and before people jump on me I was a stupid kid and now as I'm older I realize that was a shitty life and they deserved more space. Anywaysssss while I was at school, my mom at work and dad in town for work stuff, merlin turned on the sink. It was running from likely anywhere from 5 to 6 in the morning all the way until I got home. At past 4pm. That's like 10 to 11 eleven hours my sink was running. Needless to say after coming home, finding my room and the bathroom flooded and water leaked down to the three rooms below. AND getting new hardwood for the whole bottom floor and new carpet for the upstairs. My cat obsession died down. 3 of my cats died from pneumonia from the water, 2 died of an unrelated issue-siblings that apparently had a rare genetic disease-, and I never got another cat again after the remaining 2 died of old age.

Fire Emblem, my friends.

All day and every night. I used to play the games for hours every day and if I wasn't playing them I was doing something relating to them. I had 1000+ images of fanart saved to my computer which were more neatly organized than anything else I have ever saved to my computer in my life. I also have a thick beast of a folder somewhere containing all the fanart I drew. FE is the reason my art progressed so quickly during a couple of select years.

I was so obsessive that I irked several select individuals at the time with my constant prattling. Because that was all I wanted to talk about. Mind, this was before Awakening made the series popular so I didn't have many people to chat with about it (and I had limited internet access). I remember just how thrilled I was the first time I met an FE fan in the wild. We chatted for something around three days.

I still enjoy and play the games, but I'll never be into the series with the same fervour I had back then.

Reactions: Kitti
Hello, my name is Kitti and I was one of those WoW players who did weekly progression raids (with voicechat). I knew what I was ranked in my server. I was obviously really cool in high school. My previous phase was All Things Edgar Allen Poe.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Astaroth
Hi, my name is Astaroth and I'm a serial obsessor. Since I was smol I have had the following VERY, VERY intense obsessions at one time or another:

DINOSAURS
Cats
Dragons
My Neighbor Totoro
Horses/anything Western
The Ketchup Vampires
Transformers
Star Wars
Watching the same three 80s' fantasy movies over and over
D&D
CARS (Hot Wheels, NASCAR, then cars in general)
Rutger Hauer
Tolkien/LotR
Rocks and minerals
Pokemon
Teddy Roosevelt
American military history as understood by an elementary schooler
Japan
HARRY POTTER
Fanfiction
Anime/manga
SILENT HILL
Gaia Online
British history c. Regency era especially
Supernatural, the show
Supernatural, the phenomenon
Watching Let's Plays
True crime/Unsolved Mysteries
And many more because every time I discover something new that I enjoy, I get deeply obsessive over it for at least several weeks.