Objects you are attached to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The other things I am attached to are my books. My book collection is my pride and joy. Harm one of my books and I will destroy you.
Oh, if this sort of thing counts then I would also like to add: my record collection.

I don't care if I've only started collecting within the past year -- there's a real personal element to vinyl collecting that I think makes each item mean more than a piece of a book or movie collection. It's hard to explain, but there's just something about it that... yeah. I have so much I could say about any one of my records, and 90% of that rambling would have nothing to do with the music itself.

YOUR SENTIMENTALITY IS A WEAKNESS.

a Copy of Goodnight Moon that I've had since God knows when.

Somewhere, I have an Elmo plush whose arms and legs are close to falling off because of how often he's been washed. There's also a Woody plush in the same space bag, I think, who also means a lot to me. I have quite a few sentimental objects I'm attached to, though. Making friends has always been hard, but was much harder as a child. I surrounded myself with lots of things to be friends with me because they were friends I knew wouldn't let me down. I so much embraced the movie of Toy Story that every time my family moved, I'd give my toys "moving buddies" so they'd be comfortable in their boxes.

One of my most special of all (and non-childhood related) is a red sweatshirt of my husband's that I cuddle and sometimes wear. It's something of a security blanket. When he wears and gives it back to me, it has his scent on it, which I love.

I had a baby blanket and a small stuffed bear. I'm not entirely sure they were actually from my infancy but I loved 'em anyway--until when my step mom was splitting and she accidentally donated a bag of my stuffed animals while we were moving. She thought it was clothes. Let's not even begin to talk about how she couldn't notice the difference.

In middle school my friend was obsessed with rubber ducks. They had all sorts of different ones (pirate, ballerina, etc.) and of course, I wanted in. She got me one and I claimed it was my good luck duck. I would bring it with me to tests, set it on the desk, and I believed that every other test it would give me luck (good luck, then no luck. It needed to 'recharge').

My battered copy of the book Redwall by Brian Jacques, which was sent to me by my grandmother and was the thing that really jump started my love of the fantasy genre. It's so horrendously damaged (back cover got ripped off and reattached with duct tape, front cover got about halfway there and was spot repaired with duct tape, water damage on both covers and many of the pages, and various stains on pages from when I was incautiously eating while reading it) that if it were any other book I would've thrown it out long ago, but I've still got it because sentimental value.

I've got an Eevee plush from when I was like 6. It was the start of my fairly sizable pokemon collection, and is my favorite to this day.

Nothing.

I like to be able to move through life without regrets or anchors.

Even my wedding ring can get lost and I'd be okay with it (it was cheap; my wife's ring, on the other hand, is insured up the wazoo, as that rock is significantly more expensive).

TIojPH6.jpg

Birov when he was like, 0.6 years old, and Birov when he was 20. (Or maybe 21?)
Sgraggles is my teddy bear. I love my teddy bear. It is one of the only things I owned as a child that was really, truly mine, that I never lost or had taken from me, so it's mine.
I still have him. He's still mine, and I still love him. :ferret:

All that bear fluff xD

I have my plush humpback whale from when I won it in a claw machine at 5 years old. :D I love him very much.

All that bear fluff xD
He had the stuffings loved out of him. He was sometimes my only friend when I was a child. Helped me through a lot of very cold and lonely nights.

Reactions: Mu
Status
Not open for further replies.