Obdurate Defiance

"She's a rebel and a traitor! Take her away!!..... Shit did I really forget to feed her yesterday?" Clearly she'd been more involved in operation avoid Mieranor than she originally thought. Tisma leaned happily into the hug, quite happy to stay right where she was. That was until Mier decided to open his big fat mouth and jinx them both.

"Right now. I hate you." Tisma leaned over the bed and started digging under it for Boots' catnip stash. Now she was going to have to try and talk the hydroponics people into growing some more for her cat since she had the feeling it was all going to get used in the next twenty minutes. That was going to take promised months of fixing their stuff without griping. Wonderfu. When she located the stash she was up off the bed and heading for the door. There could only be one true culprit in this and she was about to murder the woman. With an annoyed grunt she keyed her comm.

"Teegan. I am going to kill you. Long and slow. With lots of stabby bits!!"

Mieranor checked his handguns and headed out the door after Tisma.

"Now, dear," he chuckled. "No killing. If we kill her, we can't use her admittedly demented genius to bribe the hydroponics folks. Maiming, however, is completely acceptable. Twenty creds and a shirt says they're harmless and the techs have a hidden stash of catnip. After all, this is Teegan we're talking about."

When the reached the lifts, he got in first and punched the floor code in as soon as Tisma followed. And the damn thing played muzak. Fucking muzak.

"Killing. Lots and lots of deadness. I'm murdering her. I haven't had sex in over a year. A year. A fucking year. And Teegan has to go and "breed" some off the wall shit that she somehow can't keep contained at all for the life of her. And then I have to go clean up her damned messes!! And what do I get out of it!? No sex that's what I get!" Tisma was glowering in the corner of the lift as the muzak played until it finally dinged and the doors opened.

"And why are we the only ones that can take care of this!? Are there no other damned people that work on this base!? Just because Quinn is off probably playing in the water on some beach and knowing Canada she's out getting ass I have to take care of this bullshit!" Ti was so caught up in her ranting she wasn't looking where she was going and turned the corner right into one of the giant Cat-Horse-Beast-Dealys. Unfortunately that meant the bag of catnip wound up spilling all over her in the process. There was a long pause before finally.

"You have got to be kidding me."

"Tell you what, I'll screw you senseless when we're done down here," Mieranor said deadpan just before Tisma turned the corner. And then stoped dead just shy of running into her.

The cat-thing, fortunately, didn't attack Tisma. Instead, it sniffed her twice, then licked her and started nuzzling her and purring. It really was amusing, he thought, watching Tisma stand stock-still while an oversized armored housecat headbutted her. He stifled a laugh and skritched it behind the ear.

Pulling out his comm, he called the security controller. "They're housecats, man. ... They're Teegan's handiwork, what did you expect? Now tell the generator mechanics to put out their blunts and go do some work. And call Teegan to come clean up her mess."

Speaking of Teegan, she was coming around the corner with a tranqgun. What idiot gave her a new one, it would never be known. However, she was looking pretty annoyed herself. Then surprised when she caught a glimpse of Tisma and the giant housecat.

"...There you are! You cunning little bastard. I've been chasing him down for the past twenty minutes. One of those silly medical interns thought Timmy here WASN'T a highly trained Armored Cat Assassin and let him out. Well, I'm just glad the intern is the only one that got eaten. I suppose we'll have to stomach pump Timmy now."

Teegan then frowned as she eyed the big kitty cuddling up against Tisma.

"...Are you in heat, Tisma?"

Tisma glowered at Teegan, a glower which quickly turned into dagger death ray glare eyes! "I AM NOT IN HEAT!!! It's called CATNIP! And thanks to 'Timmy' I've managed to spill it all over mys-......" The words were cut off as Timmy chose that moment to give her face a good slathering. Oh GROSS! She was COVERED in this things saliva! Yuck!

"How many times have I told you to brief your damn interns and get better locks for the things you use to keep these things contained!?" There was another long moment before the rest of what Teegan said actually processed through her brain.

"Wait. WHAT DO YOU MEAN Timmy ATE one of the interns!?!"

Mieranor, trying very, very hard not to laugh, slowly reached over and stole Teegan's tranq gun, then shot "Timmy" in the flank with it. The oversized feline gave him a betrayed look before passing out with a thud. Setting the tranq gun next to the cat, he grabbed Tisma's shoulders and quickly began steering her towards the lift.

"Now is not the time for yelling, now is the time for walking. If you can make it back to the room without killing or otherwise maiming Teegan, I'll fuck you so thoroughly you won't want to move for weeks."

"Those morons aren't MY interns..!" Teegan screamed after them. She didn't fail to hear what Mier was saying either. After she was finished making faces at how 'gross' she thought that was, she called after them one last time.

"...Timmy spit is a sex aphrodisiac by the way! Don't take a shower if you want it to tingle!"

Tisma was fighting Mieranor pushing her toward the lift the whole time until he got to his last sentence, then she was practically running to the lift on her own.

"...Timmy spit is a sex aphrodisiac by the way! Don't take a shower if you want it to tingle!"

Of course THAT line nearly had Tisma turning right back around with the intent of murdering Teegan once more! "I am NOT having sex covered in CAT slobber!! I don't care how great of an aphrodisiac it is!! I'm going to kill you for this later, Teegan! You owe me two pounds of cat nip!!"

"Focus on having fun in the shower, Tisma. Fun in the shower. We can kill Teegan later." Mieranor focused on getting Tisma into the lift before Teegan managed to say anything else. That woman had a death wish.

Once they were in the elevator, he snickered. "I'm curious as to how she knows that. On the other hand, I probably don't want to know."

"I'm voting for don't want to know. She's too kinky for my taste sometimes." Tisma keyed the lift to take them back up to the residential floor and crossed her arms leaning against the wall as the muzak began to play once more. She was starting to wonder who's brilliant idea it was to key the music anyway and where they'd even found the recordings to begin with.

Right when the lift should have dinged and opened it's door is stopped, along with the music, and the light suddenly went out except for the emergency light glow. This was turning into not being her day at all.

"You. Have got. To be. KIDDING ME!!!" Tisma kicked the lift doors to no avail before turning to Mieranor and looking extremely dejected.

Mieranor just dropped his head into his hands. "Seriously? Can this base not function without Quinn present or something?"

He looked up at the ceiling. "The hatch is welded shut. Big surprise there." He jabbed the EMERG button, and the the elevator speakers emitted an unhealthy 'sqwrbl' sound.

"Well, crap. Looks like we're stuck here for awhile." He chuckled, reaching over and pulling her closer to him. He pulled her in for a deep kiss, then grinned. "Though if you can't wait, and you're willing to take the risk that someone's actually competent and gets the elevator working, we could find out if Teegan actually knows what she's talking about for a change."

Tisma squeaked as she was pulled close but was pleasantly surprised by the kiss that came with the pulling and found her arms wrapping around Mier's neck.

"The only people competent enough to get these lifts working are either in this elevator or off-world. Frankly, I could get to know this elevator a little bit better I think...." As she spoke her voice lowered and she got close, by the end of her sentence her lips were brushing his with each word. Trailing off she pulled him down to her so she wouldn't be on her toes and kissed him deeply and hungrily. It'd been years since she first wanted to do this and she had avoided it at all costs for reasons she didn't understand anymore. All she knew was that finally this was going to be hers and she didn't have to hide anymore. After a long long moment she pulled back and looked at him, really looked at him, for the first time since they'd wound up together again.

"I think I'm going to like this you being around thing."

Miranor grinned and pulled Tisma in for another deep kiss, his free hand trailing down her spine as he did. He slipped it under her coveralls and down to her tailbone, sliding his fingers under her panties to cup her ass as he used his thumb to work loose the knot she'd tied in the coveralls' arms. The knot came loose just in time for him to slide her zipper the rest of the way down with his other hand, and the coveralls hit the ground with a thump.

She 'eep!'d softly as he used the hand cupping her ass to lift her up and clamp her to him, unzipping her boots by touch and allowing them and her coveralls to fall off. He peeled her panties down as he stepped forward to pin her against the wall, and they quickly joined her coveralls on the floor. He left it at that for a moment, kissing her and pinning her against the wall as she wrapped her legs around his waist.

He felt her hands tugging at his pants and he let her unfasten them, shimmying his hips a bit to let them drop to the ground, and was pleased by the soft gasp that accompanied his movement. He could feel the wetness beginning to trickle down the insides of her thighs as he teased her again, slowly twisting his hips before adjusting their position ever so slightly and easing himself inside her.

Tisma's head dropped back as he slid into her, her breath hitching slightly and releasing in a soft moan. With one hand firmly on his shoulder and the other pushed back against the wall for leverage she rocked slowly against him. Her nails bit into his flesh for a moment before she used them to lightly scratch a trail to his neck. Once her hand was behind his neck she pulled him down to her and bit his lower lip before sucking on the soft flesh lightly and pulling back, a teasing grin hinting at the corner of her lips.

Leaning forward slightly to change the angle she brought her lips to his collarbone and left a trail of kisses and bites up to his lower jaw. She chose that moment to lean back again making the next thrust fall short. The look on his face made her grin full out and she managed to accomplish this several more times, her eyes daring him to do something about it.

The teasing gave the results she'd hoped for when he pushed her back up against the wall more firmly and started moving against her harder and deeper. Unable to use her hand against the wall enough for leverage anymore she brought it behind his back and drew lazy patterns with her nails. The drawings were intermittently broken when he'd hit just the right spot to make her gasp and tighten her grip on him.

It wasn't much longer before she was holding onto him with all she had, her temple resting against his cheek as she tried not to moan too loudly. Just because the lift was stopped didn't mean it was sound proof. Her mouth moved to kiss the spot where his jaw and neck met, letting herself slide down just a little bit further so his movements would hit a deeper spot that made her cry out in pleasure.

Just as she started to go to heaven and back, her nails digging into his flesh, the elevator decided to ding it's official arrival to the residential floor.

Mieranor moaned as Tisma tightened around him. He felt her nails digging into his back as she suddered in ecstasy...and then the lift dinged.

He couldn't reach the control panel, and he din't have the time - or inclination, if it came to that - to pull out and grab his pants. Instead, he kicked his pistol up into reach with his heel, not stopping his thrusts as the doors slid open. He dimly registered an exclamation of shock, followed by someone's claiming of a bet. The pistol came up, fired, and suddenly two technicians were pissing themselves and running away from a smoking hole in the deck.

He tightened his grip on Tisma's ass and pulled her even closer, driving himself deeper still and eliciting a keening moan of pleasure from her just as he hit his own climax. Then he relaxed, and she slumped almost bonelessly against him, and he let himself slide out of her as he hit the 'door close' button with the barrel of his pistol.

Tisma's eyes were half lidded and she had an exhausted but extremely pleased grin on her face as she leaned against Mier, keeping herself wrapped around him. She'd been too in the moment to really take notice of the lift's doors opening and she had no idea who had been there but was positive she'd be hunting them down later if Mier didn't get to it first. At the very least she'd still had her shirt on so it wasn't completely embarrassing. With a small sigh she nuzzled into his neck, taking a deep breath and letting it out slowly.

"We're going to have to fill in the hole in the deck that you left."

"Screw that," Mieranor replied laconically, giving Tisma a squeeze before lowering her to her feet. "I'll make them do it. On the other hand, we should probably get dressed before someone tries to use the lift." He reached down and pulled his pants up with one hand, re-holstering his pistol with the other, then straightened and adjusted his pants.

After waiting for Tisma to get dressed - but certainly not depriving himself of the show, because yes, she was that enjoyable to watch - he punched the "door open" button (with his finger, this time) and ambled out of the lift. He turned towards Tisma's quarters, and as he rounded the corner...he saw a tech, who smelled suspiciously of urine, curled in the fetal position on the deck sucking his thumb.

He just stared for a moment, then took a picture with his comm and nudged the man with his boot.

"I'm sorry, but there's just no way I can top this. You're off the hook, just fill in the damn bullet hole."

Tisma gave the technician a weird look as she walked by but didn't bother to comment further. She figured Mieranor's words and picture taking were scarring enough as it was. As soon as she walked in the door of her room she began stripping and heading for the shower. This damn 'Timmy' saliva needed to come off. On the way to the bathroom she snatched a piece of bacon from her plate and popped in her mouth before pausing at a set of drawers next to the table to dig around for some more clean clothes. She really was starting to run desperately low on them and would need to do laundry very very soon. What she did find got tossed on the bed on top of Boots, who peeked out from under them with a look that said 'Really, lady, REALLY!?', for later procural.

Moving to the bathroom she turned the shower on to give it time to warm up. While she waited she figured she'd mess with the keypad on the door. Next thing she knew she was sitting on the set of drawers she'd moved in the bathroom, naked, with the panel popped off the keypad and a ton of wires hanging out and the bathroom starting to steam up something fierce.

Mieranor was tempted to join Tisma in the shower, he really was. Clean clothes for him were, however, clear on the other side of the base. As he was not covered in Timmy spit, this wasn't such a horribly big deal, and he decided that walking down the corridors in a towel just wasn't worth it.

Sitting down to wait on the bed, he quickly had a lap full of miffed cat, and he found himself petting Boots.

A few minutes later, of course, the lights went out, accompanied by a loud popping sound from the bathroom and the faint smell of smoke and burning metal. He sighed and removed a by-now purring Boots from his lap, and slid the bathroom door open as the emergency lighting came on. Steam billowed out and a thoroughly fried keypad dangled from the wall alongside a half-dozen exposed wires.

"And this, Tisma, is why you don't work on electronics in the shower. They have these little tags on them that explain this."