Oatmeal Masterchef

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lady B

Original poster
Today I had oatmeal for breakfast.

Interesting, no?

Well, it wasn't just some regular old oatmeal...

It was oatmeal with vanilla, nutmeg, cinnamon, blackberries, and toasted walnuts!

Inspired by Diana's noodle thread, I want to know some hacks you've got for turning a regular bowl of oatmeal into into something super delish, perhaps healthy, perhaps very unhealthy but gloriously decadent in that way.

Butter, Sugar, and Grape or Strawberry Jelly.

And it has to be made with milk. And it has to be soupy. Yummmm.

Reactions: Lady B
My favorite is to cook mine with milk, some brown sugar, and some maple syrup. Sweet and simple. Although, I'll eat pretty much any kind of oatmeal. I love that stuff.

Yogurt, raisins. Sometimes pistachios. Ton of blueberries, sometimes. It has to be super thick, and it can't actually look like oatmeal. Just a delicious bowl of stuff.

Apple cinnamon or GTFO

I totally read this as Master Chief Oatmeal.

"Sir, permission to leave the ship."
"For what purpose?"
"To give the Covenant back their breakfast."
"I am a monument to your cinnamon buns."

Reactions: Dervish
250px-Cortana's_Rampancy.jpg

"I will not allow you to leave this table without finishing your BREAKFAST!"

"Dear humanity, we regret not having milk. We regret running out of butter. And we most definitely regret THAT WE DIDN'T GET OUR GODDAMN OATMEAL!"

• Love
Reactions: Dervish
"Soon the Great Buffet shall begin. But when it does, the weight of your brunch will stay your feet. And you shall be left behind."

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Hot or cold milk, depending on mood or weather. I like to mix it with strawberry or plum jelly, or dulce de leche: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dulce_de_leche Rarely I mix it with almonds. I love almonds, but where I live they're too expensive. I could get 2kg of some fruits with what 100gr of almonds are worth in here.

Also, can you believe I only tried oatmeal like a month ago? My mother uses it every once in a while for making hamburgers, but I never tried eating it on its own before.

"Never make a girl a promise you know you can't keep."

Later...

"You brought me hash browns! I sure know how to pick 'em."
"I know what the ladies like! The ladies like cinnamon bons!"

Status
Not open for further replies.