NOWHERE HEIGHTS (a.k.a The Apartment Building Outside of Time and Space)

Status
Not open for further replies.

YourSweetLittleDollie

A Blooming Jellyfish Princess
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per day
  2. 1-3 posts per week
  3. Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
Preferred Character Gender
Hello there! My name is Dollie, and I’m in a bit of a creative slump.
578A330E-630F-4F01-B296-7FB233DC9DD1.jpeg
I’m more of an illustrator than a writer, but I’ve decided that roleplaying would be a good way to organize/conceptualize how I might wanna go about a story.

Here is an idea that has been kicking around in my mind for a while! I wanna set it up sort of like a “choose your own adventure” type of story, but I’d love to have two or three people interacting at a time! My plot is:

Outside of all known dimensions, there lives a single being. This being is dreadfully lonely, and wishes to feel the warmth of companionship and love. The being, named Viscera, decides that to do this, it will create a haven for others who crave the same thing. It watches the other dimensions, picking people who hate their lives to become Tenants of Nowhere Heights.

Rules Of The Roleplay Would Be:

❌ No Fighting Between Tenants

❌ Your Ability To Mess With The Environment Ends At Your Apartment Door

❌You Cannot Change Another Tenant’s Room

❌ All Tenants Must Have A Power. If The Tenant Comes From A Mundane Dimension (Ie; A Realistic One), They Will Gain A Power.

I want the story to begin as a sort of strange Slice Of Life as the Tenants slowly get used to living in Nowhere Heights. Then, it will evolve into psychological horror. I don’t want to spoil any plot points, but I will say that Viscera is not exactly a mentally healthy being.

How would I set up the plot in a way that would make group play as easy as possible?

Please tell me if you’re interested and please ask me questions! They help me to build up the official post when the time comes!

With Love,

Dollie.

• Love
Reactions: Justin
A bit tired from long day of work, but I will have some questions tomorrow night. But interested in this for sure. Goodnight for now Dollie.

A bit tired from long day of work, but I will have some questions tomorrow night. But interested in this for sure. Goodnight for now Dollie.
Goodnight Justin! I look forward to your questions!

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Justin
Count me in.

interested. ♥

I'm Intrigued by your concept , Darling One. Consider me in and I will ship plenty a question your way soon! ^^

So this entity, Viscera, has the ability to bore into seperate realities and select individuals it feels it can empathize with to interact with in a location of it's own design.

What qualifications and limitations do they set while searching for tenants?

Interested.

Quite possibly interested.
With that being said I have a few questions if you dont mind.

1 - Will this be a redstar roleplay due to the impending horror aspects?

2 - What type of bases do you envision?
ie. Real, realistic imagery, high-quality art, etc.

3 - Are we able to choose what type of dimension our characters hails
from if we wish to not play someone from the 'mundane world'?
And by extension essentially build said dimensions as we see fit in order to better suit the characters we wish to create?
ie. Create a water-dwelling character whom hails from a dimension where all life thrives underwater
Or create a demonic and/or beastly character whom hails for a dimension where "monsters" are real and humans are "mythical"

Hey~hey~~!!

The Boo Girlie likey^^

But like just wanna know if there are limitations on what kind of creatures we can RP or like is it anything goes really?

Thanks ya ;D

Well all the Tenants know one another or is it like they all just got there? Or can some know of one another or have been their for a certain amount of time?

So this entity, Viscera, has the ability to bore into seperate realities and select individuals it feels it can empathize with to interact with in a location of it's own design.

What qualifications and limitations do they set while searching for tenants?
The tenant must, in that moment, want to leave their life behind and feel totally alone. For example, as I am going to be turning this concept into a comic, one of the main characters is a shut in who has given up on her life. She has cut off all ties and rarely leaves her bedroom.

There’s also pair of very sheltered twins whose mother was murdered. As the killer is chasing them through their house, they are picked by Viscera. With their mother gone, they feel like they have nothing left.

Quite possibly interested.
With that being said I have a few questions if you dont mind.

1 - Will this be a redstar roleplay due to the impending horror aspects?

2 - What type of bases do you envision?
ie. Real, realistic imagery, high-quality art, etc.

3 - Are we able to choose what type of dimension our characters hails
from if we wish to not play someone from the 'mundane world'?
And by extension essentially build said dimensions as we see fit in order to better suit the characters we wish to create?
ie. Create a water-dwelling character whom hails from a dimension where all life thrives underwater
Or create a demonic and/or beastly character whom hails for a dimension where "monsters" are real and humans are "mythical"

1. Yes, very much so!

2. I don’t understand what you mean here?

3. I’d like to keep the characters as humanoid as possible so that tenants can interact with one another. If you were a water dweller, you would be unable to leave your room, because you can’t control the environment outside of it. If you can find a way to overcome this, then by all means.

Well all the Tenants know one another or is it like they all just got there? Or can some know of one another or have been their for a certain amount of time?

That is something you will have to talk to other group members about, but by default, you will all be from seperate dimensions, even if your dimensions are incredibly similar.
Some tenants will have lived there longer than others. When the roleplay starts, there will already be NPC tenants there to interact with.

Hey~hey~~!!

The Boo Girlie likey^^

But like just wanna know if there are limitations on what kind of creatures we can RP or like is it anything goes really?

Thanks ya ;D

I would like all characters to be as humanoid as possible, so that they can interact with other tenants. If your tenant requires a specific type of environment to live in, they must have a way to adapt.

Oh! And also, all languages are automatically translated. If your character originally spoke only Japanese, for example, and another tenant only speaks English, the two of you will still understand each despite still speaking your native tongue.

I cry no redstar for me but the idea sounds great :(((

So, how far from the human form can a tenant deviate?

And while we're at it, how far from human ways of thinking can a tenant deviate?

Like creatures such as orcs, supernatural beings, or artificial intelligences.

Last edited:
So, how far from the human form can a tenant deviate?

And while we're at it, how far from human ways of thinking can a tenant deviate?

Like creatures such as orcs, supernatural beings, or artificial intelligences.

Supernatural beings are fine, as tenants will immediately become “supernatural” simply by living there. I’d prefer it if you’d stick to a being that could feasibly live in an apartment building. Say, if you are an orc, you’d be an urban fantasy orc rather than a high fantasy orc. An apartment building should not be a new concept to these beings, essentially.

1. Yes, very much so!

2. I don’t understand what you mean here?

3. I’d like to keep the characters as humanoid as possible so that tenants can interact with one another. If you were a water dweller, you would be unable to leave your room, because you can’t control the environment outside of it. If you can find a way to overcome this, then by all means.
Bases refer to the type of media you want us to use as character image reference. Photographs of actual people or high quality artwork.

Which would you want for your rp?

I was hoping to maybe create a Naga or half-naga type of creature. He would be fully humanoid when beyond his room, but while in it have the option of relaxing freely with his serpintine lower body if he wanted to. So overall he'd be able the shift between at will.

His room would perhaps possess high humidity so that he could bask in the added moisture within the air. Also maybe a place inside said room could be filled with water or partially filled. Either way he won't be entirely bound to water as a whole.

If this idea doesn't fit into what you've envisioned, then feel free to shoot it down, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.