Now versus Then

T

That One Wendu

Original poster
Curious. When did you first really join Iwaku? Talk a bit about how your life was when you joined versus how it is now.

I say this because I can 100% say I'm an oldie here. I might not come around so much anymore, but I was here before Diane existed, when Orochi was Pao's weird ass friend no one really knew, and when what's-his-name shadowlink or something got butthurt when his avatar was changed to that green llama thing. Raz was still just a med student, and Asmo... well he's the same. He's still the site's token raving old man.

When I joined Iwaku, I was a know-nothing middle schooler who "dated" some guy on the internet because I was awkward and lonely. I had no idea what to do with my life, and was just then losing interest in school. I wore big sweaters, kept to myself, and was (online) known as the site loli (then one of the loli pair with Sakura, then jailbaits together).

Now, I'm in the U.S. Air Force. I never imagined I'd join the military. It's been over 5 years since I joined Iwaku. I'm getting married August 4th to a fellow airman. I know exactly what I want from life and how I plan to go about it. Hell. I do my own grocery shopping.

It's just an interesting concept. I'm sure most people haven't been around nearly as long as I have, but it's cool to think, non?

I just joined so how it was then is how it is now?

I joined almost a year ago. Now, that may not seem like much, but it was the first time I dove into RPing. I loved it, and I would chat a whole bunch with the people on here, and Skype them and stuff like that. I can't remember what I was doing in real life back then, but probably school work. XD

Now, well, I dissapeared for a while, so people don't really remember me. I have slowly been re-joining the Iwakuan army! As for real life, still the same as last year. xD

One year today! A little older, wiser, and by now have begun to understand the virtue of roleplaying.

Also have made some amazing friends.

Trolled the fuck outta cbox.

Still do that shit.