Now that we made it...

It had been a while since he had anything fresh to work with. A batch of eggs, celery, cheese, and precooked beef were grabbed the sharpshooter. Going back and forth, he was slow to realize that Sam had asked a question. Finally coming back with a skillet and whisk, Jake smiled.

"Breakfast." he said simply.

It was moment before the fire was restarted. It cracked and burned the air. When it did start to emit heat, Jake already had the ingredients ready. They were in a whirlpool, made by the whisk.

"If you don't an omelet, I can try something else. Though, I will say that I don't know how to cook much else."

"An omelet sounds good." Sam said with a small smile as she looked at him.

She watched him cook quietly from her place in the blankets, her hair a messy bunch of curls as she relaxed. She seemed rather content at the moment, the events from the night before making all former stress disappear. She would have to make a note to do that again the next time it was convenient. However, she'd have to tell him to be a little more gentle...her hips were sore!

She looked down at them as she thought about it, noticing some small bruises on her hips from his grip. Yeah...She was definitely going to remind him. Wanting to be a little productive, she decided to go raid the shelves for their packs, see how many cans there were that were fresh and how much the two of them could carry. She reached over and grabbed the bra and underwear he had pulled off of her, slipping them on as she stood up.

"I'm gonna see what else is fresh...call me when food is done, alright?" She said to him as she pulled her shirt on over her head, the bottom just barely covering her butt.

"Sure thing."

Jake spotted the marks on her hips. Watching her get dressed was a bit of a mistake. Not until a moment later, though. Heat started to creep, as things became out stretched.

"Gah!" he exclaimed leaning his hips backwards.

That was damn close.Shaking his head, focus was brought back on the food. The excess egg was starting to cook over. Beef and celery had worked itself in nicely. Sizzle, sizzle the food cried. The food would probably be done, when Sam got back.

Sam wandered amongst the shelves quietly, using the morning light to enter places she could not go the evening before. She found herself near the clothing area again and even near the bulk food supply. So much of it still remained, all intact and unopened. It was almost of it it had been preserved like a fossil. A small part of her was curious to see if the food was new like the cans she had grabbed and she quickly started to tear into the still plastic wrapped containers they were on. When she was able to grab onto a bulk can of corn she read the date on it

It was as new as the others.

A small part of her was pleased while another part of her was unnerved. How could they get so much prepackaged food into old shops without anyone noticing? Someone must have seen something in the area! That would be her first job, looking for peaceful human and seeing if they witness anything in the area. With that thought done she had another on, if there were new cans of food, was it possible for some cars to work still? She would have to look into the back area of the store then as well, maybe even see if she could get some gas as well...With that thought done she head back towards Jake.

They had a lot of planning to do...

Omelets made were to almost perfection. Only almost because for all he knew, Sam hates celery. Such hatred for vegetables can be brought up from the slightest consumption. He wasn't sure why he was making big deal this. Maybe be needed the drama of an over hyped meal?

"Food is done, Sam."

Turning around, he had two plates with a half plopped on it. Seeing her approach, Jake smirked. A moment hit him when it may have been time to get dressed. Perhaps after breakfast because the clothes were not going anywhere.

Sam smiled as she saw Jake holding onto two plates of food. She took hers and had a seat near the fire before starting to dig into the omelets with her fingers. They were hot but she didn't care about burning her fingers, she was hungry. She let him a content "hmm" as she ate, showing that she liked the food very much. She wasn't the type that was difficult to please, you couldn't be picky in these days anyway.

"Alright...So I think we need to do some planning..." Sam said as she pulled off another chuck of omelet with her fingers, eating it quickly and making a bit of a mess of her face.

Jake smiled at the "hmm". Though omelets are hard to mess up, it was still nice to receive some sort of validation. He smiled again watching Sam attacked the food. It seemed that she was very easy going about it all.

"What did you want to plan?" he asked, confused.

"Well..." Sam started out as she pulled off another piece of omelet. "Considering that there is so much food, I was thinking about how it got here. It must have been driven, another bigger would have been noticed. So, maybe...some cars are still working. I was thinking that we could check around this place and see if we can't find something, at simplest a bike or two, and then take advantage and grab all the food we can...We won't know when we'll find another store like this again."

Sam said as she looked at Jake. She ate a little more of her omelet before setting the now empty plate on the ground and wiping her face clean on her shirt.

"We also should park here for a couple days. Get some energy back see what else can be found in this city, maybe some more ammo or something else that we can use to defend ourselves. This place seems pretty barren...I mean, other than us, I don't think there are any other humans. Probably abandoned the place after they first ran out of food."

Sam had a plan. It involved getting some mode of transportation. Smart. She suggested they stay and try to re-stock. That is also smart. So far no harm done. Jake saw no reason to argue.

"You are right, we should at least stay for a few days. Frankly, I could use some rest. I do remember seeing some sort of mom and pop gun store. Pretty sure it was.....3 miles into the city?"

He took a large bite of his omelet and coughed from the heat. Swallowing tears came to his eyes.

"Whew. Anyways, we might have to take bikes. It doesn't need gas plus, I am not versed in the anatomy of cars. You might be, though. I will provide whatever I can. "

Hesitating, he goes for another bite and doesn't burn his tongue. Just like that, they already knew what was the plan. Now, they just needed to get started. Jake figured that could wait for a little while. Early bird gets the worm, but good things happen to those who wait.

"Alright then, lets finish eating and then head to the gun store before it gets dark, The food won't be going anywhere anytime soon and I'd rather be there during the day than the night. After that, and if there is still some light, we can try looking for bikes." She said as she made a move to stand.

"First things first though, let's get dressed, collect what is important and stash our bags somewhere safe. If there are people around I don't want them rummaging through my stuff."

With that said, Sam wandered over to the now completely dry laundry and grabbed her bag before folding what was hers and putting it away. She was planning on finding a new bag while she was here, her old one was falling to pieces at this point and duck tape just wasn't fixing anything anymore. However, for the time being she could still use it until she found a new one. With all that she had packed away, she slipped on her clean pants and started to strap on her knife to her thigh.

After finishing his homegrown creation, clothes were thrown on in random order. The mask was last. It would always be last. Hiding one's identity didn't feel right, until everything else was in place.

Jake started to hide his things throughout the store. If he forget where they were, at least no one else could find them either. All he had out was an assault rifle, shotgun, Alex, and the kitchen knife. He had a gun for every distance. Jake felt he had to because, there was someone whom was also a target. Who knows what they would find out there...

"Do you have something...longer ranged than the shotgun? I don't know who or what is out there. If we end up in a shootout, a rifle or whatever would be much more useful..." he asked out loud.

Sam was completely dressed and ready to go before Jake, and quickly hid her stuff in the last place anyone would think to look, the fresh food section. There were remains of fresh food, mold and fungis covering everything in the area. It was gross to say the least, definitely would make it appear as if there was nothing of value in the area. However, not wanting to have her clothing start spouting mushrooms, she shoved her bag into an empty section of fridge, making sure to cover it with hold boxes that were still in good shape and not covered in mold.

All that was left on her person now was her rifle, her remaining ammo for it and her knife. When he asked if she had anything more, she shook her head slowly.

"No...This is all I've got. I'm not as strong as you are, I can't carry anything too heavy and I had to make a choice, something that took skill and aim to use, or something where if I was cornered I could at least make some type of damage." She said.

Jake felt like she thought he implied that, she was wrong to have a shotgun. Looking back on his words, he realized that the words came off a little arrogant. The circumstances could be dire and not being prepared was a terribly deadly thing. He just wanted to make sure that she was safe, if, for whatever reason, the young man was indisposed.

"Sorry. I had no idea is was a quick decision. It was just an attempt to make sure we were ready. The gun store is sure to have something, if you want it."

The guns were being strapped top his body in different spots of convenience. To his hips, the kitchen knife and ammo clips were placed. His back housed the assault rile, and the shotgun. Shells lined his waist, in a gutted safety-belt. In his hands, laid his starter. Jake's first choice, in a crisis. Alex, looked poised to claim more long-ranged beheadings.

"So do you think we should name all our guns? If could give us some time, when we get in a pinch." he said, looking to Sam.

Unlike Jake, who looked to be a moving arsenal, Sam only had her fishing knife strapped to her thigh and her shotgun in her hands. She didn't take offense to his question, it was a legitimate one after all. He was probably right about her finding a new gun, something that was more suited to her strength and size. Also, something that wasn't to much work to use as well, she wasn't a sharp shooter like Jake. When he asked about naming she looked to him slightly confused.

"Name? Why would we name the guns?" She asked him, honestly curious.

She had no clue what that would do for then, then again she was more for staying hidden that taking on any attackers. The only times she had fought were times when she was the target or when she was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

"So they aren't just things. I mean, have you ever been thankful that you gun has probably saved your life? Since we can't really thank the maker..." he voice trails off

He didn't actually make it a point to press Sam with this. Jake was going to name his guns no matter what. They were the only real friends he had. It least they could pass as friends. They protect. They can solve problems. They never judge. Whenever you them, they can be there. Gun were his faithful companions.

"Maybe I should name one Elliot..."

"Oh, alright..." She said as she looked down at her own gun.

She had never thought of naming them because they helped in so many ways. She just always say them as items, not people. Then again, considering that this was one of the few things she ever had contact with, maybe she should start respecting it more, like the knife on her thigh.

She looked to him again as he mentioned naming one Elliot and smiled a bit, it was hard not too when Jake took this so seriously. However, before they could get to naming anything they actually had to make it to the gun shop.

"Well, we should get going while we still have plenty of light. Don't want to get caught in the dark in the city." She told him.

"True enough. Let's go see if we can't find something to blow crap up." he declared

She seemed a bit reluctant to name her things. Maybe his ideas were a bit quirky, but you have to deal with this life somehow. Being serious all the time would just take away any and all type non-stoic personality types. People can't seem to survive without a little relief from stress and/or having unadulterated fun. In the end, personality what makes life what it is. No matter what anyone says, fun makes it less dull for everyone.

Jake had his things gathered and it seemed to be the right time to leave. He nods to Sam before making his way to the door. The blood had been washed away, but the wolf bodies were still there. Glass still crunched under the boots, as he took a quick scan. No one seemed to be around. Looking through his scope, there was no movement. It was clear.

"Looks okay to move. Ready when you are..."

Sam followed after Jake silently, making sure to hold her rifle at the ready in case they ran into any trouble. When they approached the door she could see the wolf bodies still laying there, the blood washed away from the evening rain. The glass crunched under their feet as they made their way. Sam paused as Jake scanned the area, watching quietly from her own spot for any signs of movement. Neither of them saw any and Sam looked to Jake as he spoke.

"I'm as ready as anyone can be. Lead the way." She said softly as she motioned a bit for him to show her the way.

He didn't turn to respond. Focus had came over him. It was now game time. From car to car, Jake moved fluidly and methodologically. His hand waved slightly to signal Sam to come out. Seconds past and he moves forward again.

The air was light, from last night's rain. Sunlight burst through the clouds, looking like several lion king animations were taking place. Fabric and things swung and smacked together making little clicking noises. Stopping at the edge of the parking lot, Jake hid by a gutted suv. He turned to check on Sam's progress.

Sam did her best to follow him, moving as he did. She wasn't as smooth as he was though. She stumbled a bit and was slower than him, making it so she wasn't nearly as sneaky. Thankfully, they made it across the parking lot without much trouble and Sam was safe against the gutted SUV sitting there on the concrete. She looked to Jake and gave a small nod of her head that she was ready to follow him further into the city.