Now that we made it...

Jake just stared, with a look of happiness.

"Very true and thank you."

He liked talking to her. This whole partner thing was looking better and better. The wind blew a bit and he shivered. So then he moved a bit closer to her. For a second, he thought the weather was pushing for him to make a move. Couldn't hurt to go for it, right?

"So...does that mean you are available?" he asked, jokingly.

Jake hoped she was single. They were having dinner. Both were pretty much naked. A mood seemed to set. It was set rather well. The mixture of it all was just worked.

Sam looked to him silently for a moment after his last question, her legs curling up against her chest as she wrapped her arms around her knees. It was getting colder from the storm outside and she didn't have much in the way of a sleeping bag, just an old wool blanket she snatched from her house. She glanced back to the fire before she spoke, seeming to be choosing her words slowly.

"I suppose...It's not easy to form a relationship when most people are trying to kill you." She said softly as she glanced at him again. "What about you?"

"I am about as single as you can get."

It died a little inside, saying that. He didn't want to admit it but one of main reason for him being single was his love interests tended to not work out. Looking around, he started to rub his chest for warmth. Scooting closer, they were an inch from touching hips. Jake glanced up and down Sam. Swallowing hard, he asked an obviously obvious question.

"You cold? Maybe we could....you know...for warmth..."

"A little..." Sam said, going strangely soft as she realized how close they were to each other.

She hadn't been this close to anyone before, not even when the world was normal. Y2K sort of ruined her chances of ever being with someone romantically. With him so close it was hard not to notice things, like how muscled he actually was and how blue his eyes were. A gust of wind entered the Costco and made her shiver, making goosebumps form all over her body.

"I suppose we could...for warmth." She added as she glanced up at him fully.

"Of course. We need to survive, you know?"

Jake seemed to be lost in her eyes. His hand moved to the ground just behind Sam. It held him up but allowed him to lean in just a bit to her. The distance was a bit intimate. His free hand ran up and down her arm trying to provide a little warmth.

"Do you have a blanket? I would offer you mine but there are drying on the rack over there." he said with a smile.

Sam stayed quite as me moved closer, one of his large hands running over her arm. He felt so much warmer than she did at the moment, she felt like ice. When he asked if she had a blanket she nodded her head a bit and reached for her back pack. She pulled out a small wool blanket, big enough for one person. She looked to him as she started to unfold it.

"It's not very big but...it works." She said as she showed it to him.

"It can make it work. We...may have to...cuddle...for lack of a better term. I don't mind, personally."

He grabbed an end to help the unfolding. Then he tried to get his body adjusted so the the body would take the least amount of blanket as possible. There wasn't much else Jake could do. Now it was just time for a little self-mutual body warmth.

"Alright..." Sam said softly as she moved under the covers.

They were very close now, their hips touching as the blanket lay across their laps. It was a goo things she was small or else this wouldn't have worked out for them. She felt herself warming up slowly as they sat together, though the small blush forming on her cheeks might also have something to do with it as well.

Jake finished his soup and licked his lips.

"Thanks again for the meal." he whispered

He seen her blush and started to rub her shoulder blade. He was actually getting warmer as well. Scooting a little bit more, their torsos were now up against each other.

"Are you okay? Are you warm?"

"Y-yeah...I'm fine." She said softly as he moved even closer.

She could feel his torso against her own, his hand running over her shoulder as she hunched under the blanket. She couldn't remember ever being the close to anyone, especially a man. It made her heart start to beat a bit faster. Why was she getting nervous? This had never happened before...then again most males were never as nice as Jake was.

Little by little, she seemed to have nerves about his proximity. However, Sam did not stop him either. Her blushing only made the young man more confidant and bold. Jake bit his lip and smiled, at the same time. Did she find him attractive, as well? The point of no return was coming up fast. Sam was still neutral to him.

"You sure?" he whispered, close to her ear.

His arm was now around her, pulling her closer. If there was a time to tell him no, now would be the time. Jake really hoped she wouldn't. Feelings had fluttered all around in his abdomen. He could feel her body's warmth and his own. His body temperature, however, was increasing steadily. Blood started to heat and flow much faster.

Sm could feel his arm around her now, the heat of his arm warming her faster. Her cheeks were still blushing as she felt him whisper into her ear making her shiver a bit as he spoke.

"I-I'm sure..." She said softly as she looked to him, her cheeks still hot to the touch after those words.

She wasn't sure what was about to happen but she knew that whatever it was...it was going to get interesting.

Her body language seem to scream that she like this. Jake's eyes slowly went from looking at her eyes to her lips. He parted his own, instinctively, just because they were so close. Fingertips on the free hand slid up her leg to rest on her face.

"Good...want to get a little warmer?" he whispered.

This was going better than he had really hoped. By now, the woman could have gutted him. She wasn't really resisting. It was almost as if Sam was waiting for him to just take her. Did she? Jake didn't really know until he leaned in...

Sam was finding it harder and harder to breath as they grew closer, her heart beating as if it was going to fly from her chest. His touch was so warm and welcoming. She had forgotten how nice a gentle touch could feel.

"Warmer?..." She asked him softly as she looked into his eyes, her lips suddenly feeling very dry.

She didn't realize it until he was leaning in but she was craving his touch, as if the feel of him was all she needed to survive this barren land. Her eyes slowly closed as she filled the rest of the gap between them...

Jake awoke to the sight of sunlight and the smell of smoke. To him it was just the normal wake-up call. He stayed still, knowing Sam was in his arms. Sam...was just wonderful since he met her. Though there are pros and cons to everything and everyone, last night was all pro.

She was so warm and peacefully sleeping. A gentleman would never dare to wake a lady friend. He just let his eyes and mind wander. Regret came over him when he realized that there may never be video games again.

Sam slept peacefully thought the evening, cuddled close to Jake. The events of the night before were in one word...amazing. In two words, absolutely tiring. She passed out the moment she was wrapped in the blanket. However, Sam could not sleep forever and soon the sun and the smell of the fire started to wake her.

She started to stir a bit and let out a small yawn before rubbing one of her eyes tiredly. It was then she felt the sore feeling in her hips and let out a small groan.

"Ooh...my hips." She said weakly before letting out another yawn.

Jake smiled, knowing that it was his fault for all of her feelings last night. It was Sam's first night with a man, and he didn't want to disappoint. Hopefully, she didn't find fault in that. Perhaps, he did grip her a bit hard. Though, if he did, Sam wouldn't be the type to hide it. At least, she didn't seem like it.

Her movement let some of heat between them escape. This wasn't good, there were more cuddles to be had. Jake squeezed her a bit more.

"Well if you weren't so damn sexy..." he whispered with a chuckle.

Sam blush a bit as it words while he pulled her closer, causing her to press against him completely. She was flattered a little that he found her so attractive but she still kept in mind that they had only just met, getting attached to early could cause some issues. Even so, she smiled a little at him and let him hold her, still rather tired.

"Well, I hate to say I can't change my appearance all that much..." She joked a bit back at him.

"Then don't." he said with a wink.

Having Sam against him, reminded him of what happened. Jake could still feel the soreness of yesterday and night. Never would he forget it. Mostly, because of how tight his muscles felt. The other being...she still chose him for that first time.

The blanket was started to really cook him. Groaning, he let his hold loosen. Running his fingers through his hair, he started to look around. No one had happened by. Slipping out of the blanket, his intention was to get some food cooked.

Sam just smiled and blushed a little more as she laid against him quietly. Though it was nice to lay with him, the pain in her hips was starting to bother her more and more. However, it seemed that he was getting a little uncomfortable as well as he sat up and slipped out of the blankets, leaving her to lay there alone. She wasn't all that shy about being naked, especially since it was just them and that these days privacy was nearly impossible. So she just sat up in the blankets and looked into the fire, letting out on last yawn before looking to Jake.

"So...What is the next plan of action?" She asked him softly.