2. Advanced
  3. Prestige
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
Genres
Fantasy, Modern, Romance
Who found something awesome?!

I know that @Diana posted an announcement that went over the basics of what has changed, but there are cool things that I'm noticing and I'm sure I won't get to them all so if you see something different that you like [or hate, whatever] post it here and tell all of us so that we don't have to find it ourselves :D

So far I've noticed that there are little red NEW flags on new posts in threads, which is really attention-grabbing. I approve.

ALSO I do like the idea of being able to search through requests by things such as level and not just one-on-one or group! So excited about that!

TELL ME ALL THE THINGS.

• Useful
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
Also just noticed the Roleplays tab on the profile that lists all active roleplays! That is NEAT!

-dances-

OHMYGOODNESS I DID NOT EVEN NOTICE THE CALENDAR. THIS MAKES MY OBSESSIVE BIRTHDAY WISHING EVEN BETTER BECAUSE I CAN PREPARE EARLY AND STRIKE >:]

ALSO

Shut up, Grumpy :D

• Love
Reactions: Midnight Maiden
Apparently we can rate RP's now.

• Love
So we can find the people we don't like and just down rate all of their RPs to make them rage?

Probably not Diana's intended use, but that's so gonna happen, I'm sure.

So we can find the people we don't like and just down rate all of their RPs to make them rage?

Probably not Diana's intended use, but that's so gonna happen, I'm sure.
She brought back negative ratings but in a different manner. :P
Though I can also see people just spamming 5 stars on their own just to get more people to join.

MOAR THINGS!

I just saw that the chat drop-down menu now includes all of the chatrooms and not just the four or five that it usually does of the OOC chats. Interesting!
I also saw a new cbox! Or maybe it's not new and I'm just unobservant? It was called Ziel I think. I AM FASCINATED.

• Love
What I like so far.
  • The post box is now more functional than before. It shows you what BBC you're using by highlighting the box and has separators making it easier to disseminate things.
  • RP Avatars are neat. A bit small (150x150 would be nicer than 96x96), but neat nonetheless.
  • Separating the first post info dump from the discussion portions of RP's is a great idea--it will force roleplay creators to use hooks instead of being lazy.
  • Being able to see how many RP's are active in each category at a single glance, and browsing between each category with a single simple click, is very neat.
  • The "new" red flag in the upper right corner of posts is neat.
  • You can reassign ownership of RP's to new GM's, meaning that the proverbial "first post" can be handed down to new people should the GM feel the need to leave. This is reminiscent of groups.
  • You can see other RP's by the same GM in the lower right corner of RP threads.
  • I can no longer troll-edit posts in my threads with donator permissions. I can only delete them now. This is good.
  • This. Marrying jump-ins and traditional sign-up RP's like this is extremely good. It'll narrow section divides. KISS is love, KISS is life.
  • This too. Being able to create optional tabs on the top for rules and approved cast lists is amazing. I can now finally take this repetitious process out of my RP threads in the future and give them dedicated tabs. WOO!
What I dislike so far.
  • This will not stop 1x1 players from being lazy and making a single list of hopelessly broad items that make no coherent sense and can't even amount to something as simple as a premise, leave alone a plot.
  • All it will take is a half a dozen trolls/angsty teenagers abusing the shit out of the 5-star rating system to show why it is an incredibly bad idea. You thought people would dog pile and bury people in negative ratings? Just wait until you get elitists with this system. Kill this with fire before entire RP's get tanked instead of individual users. EDIT: Diana stepped in and posted before I could finish drawing red bawkses on my picturez. God damn ninja owl. Disregard this. :ferret:
  • Adult members can view liberteen threads and teen members can view libertine threads. (Confirmed with @Deuce )--please don't abuse this for nefarious ends, or you will make me a sad ferret.
Bonus

vcBz3GF.jpg

Herc_is_Disappointed.gif

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Ethys
What I like so far.
  • The post box is now more functional than before. It shows you what BBC you're using by highlighting the box and has separators making it easier to disseminate things.
  • RP Avatars are neat. A bit small (150x150 would be nicer than 96x96), but neat nonetheless.
  • Separating the first post info dump from the discussion portions of RP's is a great idea--it will force roleplay creators to use hooks instead of being lazy.
  • Being able to see how many RP's are active in each category at a single glance, and browsing between each category with a single simple click, is very neat.
  • The "new" red flag in the upper right corner of posts is neat.
  • You can reassign ownership of RP's to new GM's, meaning that the proverbial "first post" can be handed down to new people should the GM feel the need to leave. This is reminiscent of groups.
  • You can see other RP's by the same GM in the lower right corner of RP threads.
  • I can no longer troll-edit posts in my threads with donator permissions. I can only delete them now. This is good.
  • This. Marrying jump-ins and traditional sign-up RP's like this is extremely good. It'll narrow section divides. KISS is love, KISS is life.
  • This too. Being able to create optional tabs on the top for rules and approved cast lists is amazing. I can now finally take this repetitious process out of my RP threads in the future and give them dedicated tabs. WOO!
What I dislike so far.
  • This will not stop 1x1 players from being lazy and making a single list of hopelessly broad items that make no coherent sense and can't even amount to something as simple as a premise, leave alone a plot.
  • All it will take is a half a dozen trolls/angsty teenagers abusing the shit out of the 5-star rating system to show why it is an incredibly bad idea. You thought people would dog pile and bury people in negative ratings? Just wait until you get elitists with this system. Kill this with fire before entire RP's get tanked instead of individual users.
  • Adult members can view liberteen threads and teen members can view libertine threads. (Confirmed with @Deuce )--please don't abuse this for nefarious ends, or you will make me a sad ferret.
Bonus

vcBz3GF.jpg

Herc_is_Disappointed.gif
The rating option isn't supposed to be there. No worries.

I don't think it actually works, anyways; the stars just wouldn't go away, as Di and Red said above. o_o

Last edited:
Reactions: Brovo
Older folks need it more.

XD

Also, I had not yet noticed that we have RP avatars now! That's neat! I wonder how long it will be until somebody sets up shop to take requests to make those :D

• Love
Also, I had not yet noticed that we have RP avatars now! That's neat! I wonder how long it will be until somebody sets up shop to take requests to make those :D
I could totally do that. I have too much time on my hands. ;D

• Useful
Reactions: Ethys
Status
Not open for further replies.