Nova University

@Yaoi Master Gavin I'll wait until it's finished to accept it even though I already know this character well enough, fair is fair :P

@Kestrel I agree, having a basics teacher as a sentinel will teach adequate self defense while advanced armed combat makes sense to teach more offensive techniques.I've also taken the role of basic magics so I can shed some light on the...well, basics of how magic works from inside the roleplay instead of slapping rules on every bit of magic.. I find people don't like to see rules everywhere.

But as for the difference in houses, that's all just personality. I mentioned above, Saethos, my super defense character that I occasionally drop in a roleplay world, could easily fit into Dragoon House. So while the tank characters may not be a common archetype, I expected to see more "I lose my parents to the wraiths and want to see no more bloodshed, so I shall defend my city" type characters. The more common "perfect hero" as I like to call it. Of which I have very few, to be honest.

__

Also I think we'll be starting soon now that we have enough teachers, students will be easy to writ in at any time. This means it's time for me to make my art teacher and a handful of NPCs as well. Thoughts? Objections?

Last edited:
Also I think we'll be starting soon now that we have enough teachers, students will be easy to writ in at any time. This means it's time for me to make my art teacher and a handful of NPCs as well. Thoughts? Objections?

Unless absolutely vital, I feel that npcs are easy enough to make up on the fly or as necessary. Just my 2 cents. You're now 98 short of a Myke buck

Unless absolutely vital, I feel that npcs are easy enough to make up on the fly or as necessary. Just my 2 cents. You're now 98 short of a Myke buck
Right, but there will be some I'd like to make a quick short bio for, keeping it vague as they will be NPCs.

About missions...Everyone is going to be able to create various missions to go on, you'll just have to make the details and send them to me either in this thread or in private. I'll start working on the schedule and missions format today.

Last edited:
Its good to have some written details of NPCs, just so people don't take them too out of character.

Go for it.

@LeVen You can consider Markus accepted.

There are just a couple more things I'd like clarified, though I don't think it's necessary you edit the bio or anything. I just want to know where all the time went, exactly? You say he lived with the trolls for "a while" and he went back to live with another human family as Markus (and following the sister to Nova suggesting he is still with that family). So, being about 125 years old, it sounds like he spent a great deal of time with the trolls (like a century), unless there were other instances where he replaced humans that you did not go into detail about, which would be fine, I'd just like to know. And lastly, how does his disguise work? Does he change his appearance to match that of the human he replaces? Does he project the image of the replaced child into the minds of others while not changing his own form? Or might he have a way to make the humans forget that he does not look like the other Markus, like make them ignore it even if they see it? I just feel like having that figured out could prove useful in the roleplay.

I'll edit more to the roster and make some brief NPC bios tomorrow, busy Sunday was busy. If all goes well the in character thread will be up tomorrow.

Also, I agree with Cylcia.

I would imagine that after he was taken he was influenced magically to age very slowly, or not at all. He did spent a long time with the trolls. He's replaced a child before, which he was caught and had to leave or be killed. The second time he became markus, which was where he stayed.
He does take the appearance of the child he replaces, though since his magic is weak he doesn't always look like the child, there is always something off about him. Like you know there is something different, but you always forget what it was or to even think more on it. That would be the work of his magic, but he does have to make himself age or else his disguise wont work and he'll be found out.
Changelings is myth are usually sickly, but I do like the idea that he child will suddenly be good at something he wasn't before, which Markus will have to be careful about. I'll have to edit my sheet again to add more detail so it makes more sense. Sorry about that

@Squee Time is an illusion, lunctime doubly so. It's done. Enjoy seeing the latest incarnation. [I've changed a lot since we last met haven't I?]

Should we treat your character as an NPC for a bit then or assume they got flu and had to stay in their dorm room for a while?

Flu would work. I imagine it'd be hard to NPC a character who hasn't had any screen-time at all.

Yeah thats why I suggested the alternative. Perhaps he could be forced to miss the first few days entirely? It makes it a little easier to introduce him later.

I doubt the RP will move that fast, but I can easily write about her being forced to spend some quality time with the sanitary facilities because her breakfast decided to buy a retour.

I was going to say first week, but i thought "few days" would cater to faster or slower speeds. Also allow for timeskips if any happen.

So... any progress on the IC?

Yeah it'll be up tonight. I'm very bad at beginnings so I tend to take my time with them xD

I know you are Squee. That's why I take away your squeenises until you finish.