Posting Speed
  1. Multiple posts per day
  2. 1-3 posts per day
  3. One post per day
  4. 1-3 posts per week
  5. One post per week
  6. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
My times are pretty erratic, but I try to avoid being on EST 11pm-9am.
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Genres
Fantasy, Modern, Historical Romance.
So.. I'm actually here to request something slightly different from the conventional roleplay. An idea came to me, from the fact that I often come up with little snippets, here and there. Would anyone like to write a fictional notes compilation? I know that doesn't sound very clear, so here's an example. If we were to do, "Notes from a Professional Villain" one entry could be "Being a betrayer is more difficult than being a mastermind, though they are rarely given credit for this. A betrayer must obsessively cultivate trust with a patience long surpassing that of a spider, sitting in its web. When the time comes, it must strike with the speed of a falcon, and forget all love it may have formed. A good mastermind is sure to have a loyal betrayer, but the best mastermind is one." And I would follow it with a very short "real life example" which, in fact, would be fictional, and a short story of sorts. And then you next, so on and so forth, until we get to a set limit, which I'd prefer to set beforehand. There are really only three things I'm absolutely set on for a partner. 1. Your English must be understandable. 2. You must be able to post at least once a week or inform me if you cannot do so. 3. You must be willing to take a few criticisms. Sound interesting?

Okay first I am sorry but I cant undertstand whats written. Its a bit mushed together... Sorry (Dyslectic and hard to read...)
But what little I were able to read sounded interesting... So maybe if you could try and explain it to me...
You know a bit shorter and spaced out a bit more?
You dont have to ofcourse but if its not to much trubble.
(Sorry if I sound like a idiot.)

Oh, I'm so sorry. It's not your fault. My sister always says that I need to use the enter button more! Hehe....

The idea was kind of a... short story exchange with a theme. It would be written from a first person point of view. It would be "notes" from someone in a certain position. That is to say, someone who has a certain job, hobby, or skill that they use, as in, a love consultant, a villain, an ambassador, a singer, a hairdresser, an amateur writer. It could be really anything.

Each entry would have a single assertion about the job or position. One, clear-cut statement, kind of like a piece of advice, almost. And then it would be followed with an example of that statement, written as a brief short story.

These were my only requirements. 1. Your English must be understandable. 2. You must be able to post at least once a week or inform me if you cannot do so. 3. You must be willing to take a few criticisms.

I do not think being dyslexic will work against you, because I have no problems with spelling mistakes and the like.

Is this a little more clear? I'm afraid it's a little bit hard to explain.

A bit better yeah. But (And I hate to ask) could you give me a short, you know, kind of how you want it.
Just so I get a idea of how you want it writen in practise. If you understand what I mean...
Like for example (And I know this is not the way you wnt it writen)

Anna stood infront of her mirror, studeing her face and body.
She felt so out of place and wrong in her own skin and she had never before known why.
It had not been untill she had met Joe, well Joesephin, that she had understood what was wrong.
She were never meant to be a girl. She were never meant to be Anna, she were meant to be Daniel.

(Not my best work but as a example it works.)

.............. I'm not sure I completely understand what you mean... If you want a sample of my writing, here's a short piece:

"Moonlight Sonata." The sound of the piece floated away from the piano and into the air, intangible, invisible, and yet filling up the room more fully than anything solid ever could.

A boy sat at the black grand piano playing, unaware of the girl standing some ways behind him, watching his fingers as they danced across the keys. Even though she couldn't see his face, she knew the expression he would be wearing so well. She knew the way his lips parted slightly, as if singing unspoken words back to the piano. She knew the way his eyes shifted from the keys to that secret space above the piano and back again, his brow furrowed ever so slightly in concentration. She never knew what he thought when he played, but for her, the notes quivering in the air meant memories.

The sweet, slow melody brought a sad expression to her face, remembering the first time he had played it for her. It had been the first time he'd played a song just for her, and no one else. That had been so very many years ago, in a room not unlike this one, though much farther away. She doubted he could even guess what it had meant to her, what it still meant to her.

And as always, hearing him play made her wonder, just maybe, if they had tried a little harder – if she had tried a little harder – could their ending have been different? And as always, she reminded herself of the two years spent in a vicious cycle of pain. No, this ending was always meant to be, I merely hastened it, for both our sakes.

Turning, she moved quietly out the door, casting away that burning question the farther she moved from the sound of their love.

He didn't look up, or even glance in her direction, but as she crossed the threshold his fingers tripped on a key, banishing a single note from its proper place on the score.

If you want an example of the format, here is an example:

------------------------------------------------

Notes from a Professional Villain

Note #1: Being a betrayer is more difficult than being a mastermind, though they are rarely given credit for this. A betrayer must obsessively cultivate trust with a patience long surpassing that of a spider, sitting in its web. When the time comes, it must strike with the speed of a falcon, and forget all love it may have formed. A good mastermind is sure to have a loyal betrayer, but the best mastermind is one.

I once knew a fellow villain who failed to procure a proper betrayer. He had many loyal followers, but he tried to send his own sister in to gain the trust of the good guys. He thought that the family bonds would prevent her from ever turning against him, but he forgot that she wasn't very smart, or perhaps he couldn't recognize it because he himself was not the sharpest tool in the shed. In the end, she confessed everything to his opponents during a night of drinking, and they turned her against him. He's currently locked up in an insane asylum. Not much of a surprise though, the rest of us all agreed that he belonged there to begin with.

Kind of a cool idea. And I think i get the consept of it...

Status
Not open for further replies.