Not your usual Magical Girl RP || interest check?

SonicHeroes

MainyFandomEnjoyer
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Hello! i'd like to say thank you for taking the time to read this thread! Now onto the meat of it!
I've always been a sucker for magical girl series with twists in them and this one is no different. I do have some ideas to make it, it's own thing!

1. Magical girl but you're born magical, non magical, or both on rare occasion. Government has banned them from existing, but is there some underlying nunce to it?
2. Same plot as above however the difference is that. Being magical has some cult related origins so it's banned and shunned from society.

Or i can combine the two somehow!! i just would like ideas to brainstorm!
The only rules to this group rp is that it's 16+ since there is dark themes in both, and humanoid characters only. Anthros and Ferals are a no.

The fighting system will have dice roll elements but it will be just simple d20 rolls.

Currently just seeing if anyone would be interested in this idea and idea requests to make it fleshed out and perfect!
It's also going to have semi sandbox elements so doing things like 'exploring the cities' or 'making new friends' is perfect for this group :D

Hello! i'd like to say thank you for taking the time to read this thread! Now onto the meat of it!
I've always been a sucker for magical girl series with twists in them and this one is no different. I do have some ideas to make it, it's own thing!

1. Magical girl but you're born magical, non magical, or both on rare occasion. Government has banned them from existing, but is there some underlying nunce to it?
2. Same plot as above however the difference is that. Being magical has some cult related origins so it's banned and shunned from society.

The only rules to this group rp is that it's 16+ since there is dark themes in both, and humanoid characters only. Anthros and Ferals are a no.

The fighting system will have dice roll elements but it will be just simple d20 rolls.

Currently just seeing if anyone would be interested in this idea and idea requests to make it fleshed out and perfect!
It's also going to have semi sandbox elements so doing things like 'exploring the cities' or 'making new friends' is perfect for this group :D

I like where you're going with this! Even if we don't end up writing together hope this one takes off for you

My questions

I imagine 16+ is for the players. Same for the characters? Can they run anywhere in the range from teenager to senior citizen?

What's the setting you have in mind like? I imagine it'll be a "story of the present" kind of vibe but whereabouts are the characters located?

In terms of the fighting mechanics, are we fighting each other or something else? Does this change between option 1 and option 2?

I like where you're going with this! Even if we don't end up writing together hope this one takes off for you

My questions

I imagine 16+ is for the players. Same for the characters? Can they run anywhere in the range from teenager to senior citizen?

What's the setting you have in mind like? I imagine it'll be a "story of the present" kind of vibe but whereabouts are the characters located?

In terms of the fighting mechanics, are we fighting each other or something else? Does this change between option 1 and option 2?
1.ok so! my plan was the characters to only be 18+ as i don't feel comfortable with those themes with kid characters!
2. i want this to be it's own realm? mainly focusing on the city it takes place in, but also you can explore as it's a semi sandbox realm!
3. I plan on it being to where you're fighting some evil, whether it's demons or something i'm still deciding! and because when your character dies they become a demon, i imagine you'd be fighting them too. this can be for either plot! if that's what you're asking!

1 - got it cool. I'll probably make a middle age or older character

2 - Makes sense more asking what the realm is like. Like knowing its a city helps me imagine it better. Is it like a main metro city, like a Gotham kind of situation? Is it inland or near a coast? My character may like going to the beach if a beach exists

3 - yup makes sense to me got it and thanks

Last edited:
Put me down as interested. I like mahou shoujo.

So would this be based in a more Japanese or Western setting?

Reactions: Reliance
Magical girls and dark themes? I'm interested...

But can I be Evil?

This rp may have failed to launch