Not Your Ordinary Highschool

Eve blushed intensely. She was late. She ran to her locker and thrusted her belongings into it and slammed it shut, then bounded off down the hallway. She ran past the doors to the gym. The smack, pang, and elastic sound of balls hitting the walls came to her attention, and she backed up to look through the glass part of the door. 'Gym.' She thought to herself, then moved quickly to where the girl's locker room was. In the locker room, she searched for her PE clothes... well, her gym locker first, of course. "Which one is it..." She sighed to herself and her eyes searched for the right number. "Here!" She exclaimed excitedly, then proceeded to fling her clothes off and about and quickly pull her PE clothes on. She slammed the locker shut and bounded towards the door that led to the gym. "Dammit!" She spun around again and gathered up her street clothes and shoved them into the locker, then shut it again. She bent over and gathered her hair together, removing an elastic from around her wrist and twisted it around her hair in a messy ponytail. She flung her head upwards and once again bounded toward the door and burst through it.
"I'M HERE!" She exclaimed, waving her arms about... entering the gym just in time to get nailed in the face with one of the balls. Eve then staggered back against the wall, pressing her palm against her face.

Ami noticeda girl yell "I'm here!"
But right after, she was nailed in the face with a ball.
Ami laughed. That girl is so full of herself.
She deserved it, Ami thought.
Blondes were naturally useless.

A girl was sitting on the bleachers watching the dodge ball match shyly. As she sat there she was listening to the thousands of thoughts flying through her head. "I can't believe how crazy this game has gotten" she thought to herself. From her view at the bleachers it seemed to be in total chaos. There was a difficultly to it that made he dizzy and confused. "I am so..glad that I am not playing" she whispers to her self and she could see a image in her head of her mangled and bloody from the first time she would get hit. But she quickly shook it away. As a rouge dodge ball nearly took her head off. She looked at her schedule once more hoping that the gym class would end soon.

Chronus laughed for he was the one who nailed her in the face with the ball. Chronus laughed, but not menacingly. "Um Ami, is it...I think we could become good friends. We start here. You want to team up?" Chronus asked, picking up another ball and throwing it to her, also getting one for himself.

Ami caught the ball perfectly.
"If your up for it, I wouldn't mind forming a team. Plus a friend at this school could be nice."
She felt herself start to fall.
She shot down to the ground.
Fumbling for her potion, she drank some more and quickly flew back up.
Gaining her composure she explained, "I'm a witch."

Watches Ami, "You're big with potions aren't you," Chronus said. "Well that's cool." Chronus winks at Ami then hits the ground with harsh force causing a vibration of the ground. He then throws the ball he has in his hand at a the girl who seemed to be the exact opposite to her sister who was playing next to her.

Ami sees Chronus slam to the ground. She watches him throw the ball to one of the twin girls.
"I'm not good with a wand yet, so potions are my thing right now." She explained.
She grabs her ball and throws it toward the other twin.
The power is lacking, and it hits the girl's feet.
Quickly Ami looks into her potions. SHE HAD NO MORE.
She gasped. She had used them up quicker than expected.
"What do i do? I don't have any mroe potions!" She asked Chronus.

Chronus looked back at Amy. "Stay behind me. I'm taking a form that might help!" Chronus exclaimed. His mechanical clapped together and created what looked like a huge vertebrae up his neck and over his head. A helmet formed infront of his face. His hands became huge launchers just big enough to fit dodgballs into the slots. A huge pipe grew out of his head and blew steam. In a muffled robot voice he asked Amy to put one dodge ball in the slots of both of, what used to be, his hands.

Faye had been gracefully weaving between the flying dodge balls, her movements almost looked like a dance. She knew that as long as she kept focus as to where the ball was flying to, she could keep herself out of the scathe. However, she wasn't playing games with human peers now, now she was in a whole different field. The balls were faster, thrown with much more force, and many didn't have direct pathing, they could zigzag through the air or bounce with incredible height. She had down well until a ball had flown at her legs, she had avoided it, but many came in succession, landing where she was about to step. The next thing Faye knew, was that she had hit the floor. She winced and then looked up to see a ball flying towards her face with immense speed. She winced, bracing herself for impact, when the ball stopped. It spun in the air for a few split seconds, and then fired back at the thrower with ia powerful knock back. There was a slight breeze to anyone near by and Faye opened one of her eyes, wondering why the ball had not struck. She considered herself lucky and tried to get to her feet, only to wince again. She looked down and her ankle had already started to swell. She then realised her left arm hurt. Not knowing what had happened, she grabbed a dodge ball that had rolled towards her. She would use it to block any on coming projectiles. She crawled closer to the wall and used it to pick herself up off the floor. Faye looked around alarmingly, she had to escape before she was completely pummeled.

Melody was almost hit by one of the balls the robo boy threw at her but she knew better than to be hit by anyone other than her sister and quickly dodged. She looked at the robot boy and winked "you know if you where to hit me i would get my revenge one way or another." She giggled and grabbed the ball "hey sis i think they are after us should we join forces and teach them a lesson." Megan nodded "lets bring the heat." They began to work together with Melody freezing the balls and Megan throwing them. They both laughed they where having fun both of them having big smiles with Melody almost being hit every once in awhile and Megan hitting a few of the boys that she felt needed to go down. They where having fun until Megan stepped wrong and her boots heel broke and she fell to the floor, Melody ran over to her and helped her up "son of a." Melody laughed before Megan finished "dont worry sis i brought your stripper heels so dont worry just go find my bag and pull them out." Megan laughed "its a good thing you knew to bring a extra pair or else i would have went home." They both laughed and walked out the room but not before looking at everyone they both waved "hope some of you are in our next class because this was fun." Melody looked at the robot boy "your probably not going to want to touch that ball i kinda made it so if you do all the water will be sucked out of you instantly." She giggled and then walked out with her sister. Melody looked at her sister "do you think they know we are elementals?" Megan laughed "who knows some of them you could tell was human so i dont even think they know what a elemental is."

Chronus heard the comment Meagan made and backed off of the ball immediately. "GAH!" he screamed. He then turns back to his human form and follows Meagan and Melody, turning on his cloaking device. 'How does she do that with a ball?' he asked himself.

Chronus then looks back at Ami, to make sure she's okay, letting alone he already abandoned her. He wrote a quick note on paper he found laying around on the floor and with his finger which could turn into a pen. He balled it up and through it at Ami's head. "See you in the next class. I had to go at short notice...Sorry," it read.

Chronus keeps a nice distance away from then while stalking for he knew what they were, and they could technically kill him in an instant, for he ran on water. "Elementals...the ones who killed my crea....I mean savior," He said to himself, thinking back to the huge nuclear accident on Mars, and remembering the astronaut that saved him and recreated him...still remembering how he extracted everything from his human brain and put it in the artificial brain. If it wasn't for him he would have been obliterated on Mars. Thank god they've been sending astronauts to Mars with out letting the public know. A human from earth, saved a martian....Chronus is the martian. But when his savior couldn't finish an expirement for an elemental's gang, they came and killed him. Since then Chronus has lived in hsi saviors lab. He's been upgrading himself so much, he has surpassed a normal steampunk cyborg. He is all powerful, but a world with no water would kill him.

As Eve removed her hand from her face, her eyes fell upon the on named Ami. The girl was looking at her like many of the other people that she's seen look at her. Eve paused for a moment, and leaned back against the wall. Perhaps the girl thought she was haughty because of the way she had just announced her prescence? Eve frowned and sighed... she simply meant to let the instructor know that she was present... not to make a big show of herself.
She bent over and picked up one of the balls. They were different from the ones at her old school, which were made of foam with some sort of cover. Her icy eyes narrowed slightly as she eyed a person from the opposing team and she gripped the ball tightly in her palm.

Megan started to take her boots off as she walked she had learned the fine art of kicking her boots off while walking and all the while Melody was just skipping to the beat in her head, Megan picked up her boots then asked "hey Mel where did you put you bag i didnt think you went to any locker oh wait let me guess you did what you always did." Melody nodded "yup it in the nurses office." Megan shivered "great i got to make up a reason why im not wearing shoes beyond the fact that my heel broke maybe she will buy something stupid like my feet got hot." Melody giggled "yeah im sure she will just love to hear about your sweaty feet." They giggled and Megan finally asked her sister in a loud enough voice for Chronus to hear "does he think we are dumb enough not to notice the sound of more than our feet?" They both laughed and Melody noted "i think he might be afraid of me i did notice what he was and it is logical that he doesnt think my ability can reach him but he would be wrong i could make the entire school as dry as your humor dear sister." Megan nodded "But saddly you wouldnt because your to nice you wouldnt do anything like that i mean you cry when you step on a bug." Melody quickly replied to that "i do not i just dont like the guts on my shoe when that happens." Finally reaching the nurse Melody went in by herself and got the shoes while Megan leaned against the locker "you know your safe around us its not like either of us would kill without reason." Megan laughed "so why dont you come over here and talk with us you must be following us for some reason or did you just want to finish our little gym match i mean heck i would be up for it but i dont think that Melody would like me burning down another school." Melody came out just as Megan mentioned burning another school down and she quickly paniced "no no no that would be bad dont you remember last time and how long it took me to stop that fire and not to mention how mad you know who got i dont think i have ever seen him so mad." Megan laughed "see what i tell you, oh and Melody calm down i was just joking no need to talk about him." They both smiled at each other but both of them on the inside where uneasy it wasnt often either of them brought him up.

Chronus appeared infront of both of them. "Listen both of you. I can switch my system fast! I don't actually need water," he lied. "I AM NOT scared of you. I could hurt you if I wanted...but I won't..."

Chronus looked at Megan and Melody with sad eyes. "Just tell your people they're cold blooded killers. Savages in fact." Chronus disappears once again, and appears back at his place and he decides to do what ever he can to upgrade himself, so he doesn't run on water. His fear overthrew him. In his mind school was over...homework has just begun.

Everything happened so fast, Ami could barely keep up.
Next thing she knew, she was running into class.
She quickly took the back corner seat.
It was in a dark area, she could work unnoticed there.
She took out her notebook and started writing down more recipes for potions.
ARGH! If only she was better with a wand. Or even better, able to send her power through electric currents through her hands.
Though for the last one, she would need special gloves.
Special, non-heavy, attractively cool, Metal Gloves.

Eve sighed, dropping the ball to the floor and walked away slowly as it rolled towards the center of the gym. This place didn't seem all too friendly... she felt alone amongst the people around her. She found herself walking down the hall again, this time, her eyes fixated on the ground, and her heart seeming to beat slowly with the rhythm of her footsteps. She then remembered that she was in a school that had different creatures. Perhaps they had prejudices against humans? Eve pondered her own question and shrugged, glancing down at her schedule. "Perhaps they just need to warm up to me." and she smiled.

Chronus worke hard letting hours pass by, working on himself. Surpassing the category of "Steampunk," to "Human iRobot." Chronus relived that memory so many times in his mind...he can't let it happen to him. He was scared of Meagan and Melody. The thought of them made him shiver. They were his worst nightmares.

Chronus worked and worked, until his appearance looked completely human. Every little detail. Yet inside was different. He felt like he could rule the world, but he would never want to. Still his fear kept him in a huddle. He decided to stay home for the rest of the day and work out little kinks that he thought was important. He kept replaying that horrid memory in his head repeatedly. He needed to conquer his fear around elementals. Of course Chronus did not forget about his new friend, Ami. He decided to work on potions his savior taught him about for her. He thought she would like them. When Chronus was done, he eventually broke into tears and cried his self to sleep.

Melody was confused by what he said "we are not savages are we?" Megan was getting rather pissed "no we are not and really i might have to teach him how to talk to a lady." They looked at each other Megan was pissed and Melody was almost in tears she didnt want to start anything but she thouoght they had no choice. Megan was thinking back to when she and her sister where created by the mage "hey sister you dont think that he was around for that gang." She knew about it but he probably only knew about half of the whole story "i bet he thinks all elementals are the same." She was thinking back to the day that the mage died and both of them where lost and spent monthes was found and taken in by a group of healers that went around the globe trying to make some people lives easier. They walked to their next class with Melody still crying as they sat down.