Not Your Ordinary Highschool

"Eheh..." Faye turned to Vern and rubbed the back of her head "Well... I didn't particularly manage gym classes in human school that well." She then put her hand to her chin and thought for a moment. "Did you not think that class was different? I mean... I guess here they must be more focused, and more higher slandered. We're sharing a school with beings that have immense physical and mental prowess. I think that perhaps -" She smiled meakly at Vern "That gym classes may be far more than I can handle here." Faye was clearly a frail girl, she was always told to drink her milk, eat her vegetables and exorcise more, but no matter what she did she still maintained her delicate posture.

Aerie looked up as Sekran walked into the classroom and sat down a row behind her. Her eyes cassually wandered over to him, while listening to the instructor drone on about things she really didn't care to much about. She turned her gaze back tot eh instructor and tapped the tp of her pen impatiently against the desk. When the bell rang, the slim girl stood slowly, gathering her bag off the floor. She set it on her desk, rummaging through it for some gum Pulling out the green package she took a peice out. She unwrapped it carefully and then placed the spearmint peice on her tongue and closed her mouth. she began to chw, allowing the minty flavor to fill up her mouth.

Slinging her bag over her shoulder and looking at her schedule she decided to begin heading toher next class. She brushed her hair behind her ear with her right hand, and then looked up at the teacher who was watching her with a distasteful look. She bit he lip quickly, and then walked out of the room. Aerie looked up and down the hallway. She was apparently headed to some weird science class of a topic she had never even heard of before. Her eyes narrowed, she was already not begining to like this school. Science? In the morning? She was never a great student in science she had accidently set the chem lab on fire in her old school. So whatever this odd science as, she was fairly ure she would struggle in it.

Aerie began heading down the hallway, brushing past people that gave her dirty looks if she accidently ran into them. She was one of the few humans in the school, and it was clear that she was on the bottom of the food chain. Not like she hadn't been before. Her thumbs looped around the belt loops of her dark skinny jeans. She turned into another hallway, but she couldn't figure out where she was. "Screw it..." she mumbled and sat down on the floor leaning against one of the lockers. It was only the first day, she couldn;t miss anything important.

Megan and melody both got up instantly as the bell rang they were not going to stay when they didnt have to and that was something they both shared "so whats next." Melody pulled out the paper "it says gym do you think its like the others we did or do you think we get to use powers i wouldnt mind having swim today." Megan laughed "me and you are different on this i dont like water i would rather do something more fun like dodgeball i would love to see some guys crying." As they walked they where talking about what would be more fun seeing guys and girls in swimsuits or hitting people with rubber balls that feel more like bricks when thrown right they came to the idea that both would be fun. As they got to the gym neither of them changed it was so much easier to run in what your used to and like melody points out everytime they are asked about it "if you have to run from someone trying to kill you they are not going to let you change into running shoes so learn to run faster in heels."

Megan almost jumped for joy when she saw some balls on the ground she knew it meant dodgeball "yeah hey sis lets be on different sides i would love to see fire against water plus we both get a workout when we arent on the same side since its to easy then." Melody giggled "i actually agree its not fun but you know i finally learned to freeze things so it would be more like ice against fire." Megan started to jump and clap for her sister "more fun for me but i am glad you finally got ice down i know you wanted to learn it for awhile."

Once te majority of the students clear out, Sekran stands. He and his two little followers head toward their next class, gym. Being from a clan of puppet masters, he's never been very good at sports in general. There's never been a reason for him to be. Turning down the hallway that should, in theory, lead to the gym, Sekran notices one of the girls from his previous class seated against a set of lockers. After briefly weighing his options in his mind, the young puppet master chooses to take a seat beside the girl. "Hello There." Sekran coos, his mouth contorted into a devilish grin. He removes the sword from his waist and hands it to his blonde puppet for safe keeping. Sekran then turns his attention back to the girl, his grin unwavering.

SHe had heard some others from the hallway talking about gym.
Unnoticed she slipped down to the gym.
She quickly dressed into her gym outfit and scurried onto the floor.
She saw the balls on the floor, and imediatly recognized dogeball.
Quickly she sipped a red potion called "Complete power"
This potion allows her to catch anything that's thrown at her (even if it was a bus) and throw anything at almost perfect aim.
She had found the recipe for it in one of those old books for witches.
This might be fun.

Aerie looked up as a boy unexpectedly joined her ont he floor. Her brow raised slightly. "Hello," she said, pausing. " Joining me? It's very entertaining right here." she joked softly. She brushed her hair away from her face, and her eyes wandered to the two puppets who seemed to be always at his side. She inclined her head curiously. Not sure what, or who, they were, she turned her gaze back to him. She chewed softly on her peice of gum. She would admit to almost anyone, she was as close to addicted as one could get when it came to gum.

Sekran shrugs. "Entertainment isn't a priority of ours. We're just not interested in attending our next class... And you looked bored and alone so we joined you." He explains softly. Absent-mindedly, he toys with one of the crosses descending from a chain on his neck, his crimson eyes staring straight ahead. "Did you know that you can hide things inside of puppets even if they have a human body?" Sekran asks thoughtfully, is mind evidently somewhere else at the moment.

Chronus was the last to leave for he was still trying to avoid the sound of that bell. When he walked out, he seemed to have a huge smile on his face 'This is awesome!!!' he thought to himself. He had asked a few students what was going on for next period, and the moment he heard gym he was pumped. He once again ran at a speed that made him a blur to the naked eye straight to the gym. He didn't bother changing, he was already in some pretty athletic clothes. He had on basketball shorts along with a logo T that said "im A rOboT." He looked around then noticed dodge balls. He clenched his fists and put on his game face right before throwing a ball straight at a wall making a large dent in the wall, along with bursting the ball. "I...I didn't do that!"

"It'll be fine," Vern smirked as he began to walk to gym class. "Just stay with me; I've got a trick or two up my sleeve, you'll see."

~~~~~

Vern stretched his arms and legs a bit, even though this was just in order to get his mind prepared for the oncoming dodgeball match. In normal school, he would have looked to activities like this with a tired sense of drudgery and boredom. Here however he was excited, practically raring to go. He was not used to being able to use his powers in public. Normally he had to hide them for fear of being ostracized; his parents had been incredibly supportive of him, allowing him to move schools whenever something happened. He intended to make his mark here. He gestured to Faye to stay close to him. She looked as though she'd snap if a ball so much as grazed her. His eyes shimmered slightly as he narrowed them, working his fingers and loosening them up.

Faye tip toes over to Vern. She was tugging at her P.E. uniform. The shorts and T-shirt were baggy on her, and she didn't feel comfortable in it. She then flicked her long red hair back over her shoulder and picked up a ball off the floor. She studied it, rolling it around between her fingers and smiled. She pressed on it, finding it was squidgey. She smiled at Vern "So, what would this game be exactly?" She then let the ball fall to the floor and then went to tap it back down to the ground in a soft dribble, only to flintch slightly as the ball bounced back form the floor with more force than she expected. "These... feel a bit tougher than the ones we used at school." She had been excused from games such as hockey and netball due the games being to hard on her small frame. She had heard of dodge ball, but they used soft sponge balls when they played it. She frowned and looked up at Vern again "These... are what they use in dodgeball?!"

Ami saw a ball fly through the air and create a dent in the wall.
"What's the big idea?" She yelled to the guy who had threw it.
She threw a ball straight for his face.

Megan and Melody look at each other and started to laugh and spoke together "this should be fun." They each grabbed a ball Melody laughed "hey sis you know you cant use fire on a ball like this unless you want it to pop me on the otherhand can make the ball frozen and it will hurt fall more." Megan laughed "yeah but your such a weakling you throwing a huge chunk of ice wont happen i can just see you trying to throw it and it hitting the ground infront of you." Melody nodded "probably but not if i get that kid to throw them for me." She pointed to the kid who made a dent in the wall melody then yelled to him "hey you want to be on my team i could use a arm like that to show my sister up." Laughing Megan looked right at her sister and then nudged her "hey no getting cute guys to throw things for you do it yourself." They split up and went to the sides then Megan yelled at her sister "want to warm up?" She threw the ball at her sister Melody but no only was the ball heading toward her sister it was on fire "i dont need the fire to touch the ball for it to go with the ball." Melody giggled and put her ball infront of her but now it was a solid block of ice, they balls hit each other and a loud crack was heard as Melodys ball shattered and Megans ball bounced away. Melody had a idea "hey sister who ever losses has to buy your smokes for a month. Megan smiled "your on but just remember the kind i like when you go get them."

"Apparently so." Vern grimaced as he picked the ball she had dropped up, seeing for himself the relative lack of give of the ball. "Man, this thing is actually pretty deadly." Vern glanced at Faye. She'd definitely come out of this bloodied and battered if left on her own. Vern closed his eyes for a moment, and then opened them. Upon their opening they were flickering in their entirety, almost like static on a TV but fainter and made of subtle greys. The ball in his hands seemed to lift up slowly in a controlled and calm ascent, revealing hands wreathed in a white fiery light. The ball itself was awash with this light albeit in a fainter variant. "I think we'll take this win."

The coach blew the whistle; the match had started.

Chronus spots Vern and Faye and waves before picking up another ball.
He runs over to them ball in hand. He then gave Vern the ball. "Do your worst to our opponents. I'll do the same bro," Chronus said. He smirked. 'time to try out my new systems also.'

She chuckled. "Not your priority? It always seems to be mine. I couldn't live in a world of boredom. But, a world that is entertaining? Yes, I could live there." She stated lightly. Her eyes flickered over to him, and then again over the puppets. Aerie gave hm a questioning look as he asked her a rather odd question. He seemed to be in his own world. However, she replied, " No, I don't. I'm new to this whole 'understanding everything about everyone else' thing. As for your friends there, I can honestly say, I understand little, if anything, about them or the magic behind them." she said, offering a smile. Aerie wasn't exactly the smartest of the humans, so the idea of her managing to understand other races of creatures was probably not very likely.

Ami decides to team with Melody and Melanie.
SHe walks over quickly grabbing one ball.
"I'm Ami. Let's destroy them," She says to the two girls.

On Chronus' right arm a shield appears, then mechanical wings grow out of his back! 'Perfect,' he thought to himself. He hurled himself up into the air, and threw tons of balls at any face he could see. He used his targeting system built into his eyes to pin point where he would throw the ball and how hard, for he didn't want to kill anyone as he's done before in so many other schools. He dives down like a hawk looking for it's prey. He darted to the wall to rebound then dodged a few balls, also blocking one. He then caught one and spun around gaining extra power into the throw. Then threw it at Ami, wanting to see if someone so confident could dodge it.

Society wants beautiful. If you're beautiful, then you're accepted into the swirling mass that is what we call our society. People will do many things to alter their appearance so that they become what society deems beautiful... be it by altering their appearance by surgical means, depriving themselves of food until near starvation, and even wearing layer upon layer of make up on their face... and then you have those who are born beautiful. Society calls them the "well-endowed". Eve was one of those considered to be well-endowed.
Wherever Eve went, people would immediately flock to her. She hoped and prayed to whatever divine being that may or may not exist that this school wouldn't be like the others... though deep down, she knew that it would be. People would pretty much surgically attach themselves to her hips. They called themselves her "friends". Eve didn't know what a friend truely was... all they wanted to do was to be seen around her - all in hopes to be accepted by the damning society that we live in.
Her icy blue eyes scanned the area of the hallway, her gaze occasionally falling and lingering upon each student. They looked normal.
'Normal...' she scoffed in her mind, a smile tugging on the right corner of her lips. She remembered something that someone once said to her... the image of his face conjured within her mind... "Normal? I don't wanna be normal. Normal's a setting on a washing machine, and nobody wants to be that." Eve couldn't help but let out a small giggle. Her eyes widen as she heard the giggle echo slightly through the hallway and pressed her books tighter against her chest. She exhaled slowly in relief and spun around, her light blonde locks flying through the air with the momentum. Maybe they didn't notice her... She rolled her eyes, a full smile now on her lips. Of course they noticed her...
They always do.

Ami saw the mechanical boy throw a ball straight in her direction.
She smirked. Quickly, sshe jumped up, an slipped another potion down her throat.
It was called "Flight by Night"
SHe then flew up in the air as high as the boy with wings.
She grinned.
"That the best you can do?" she taunted.