Not Your Ordinary Highschool

Vern was knocked aside as Chronus dashed past, slamming him against a locker. His head connected with it and he slid down, grimacing in pain.
"Jesus christ," he managed to get out, after a few moments of his head spinning. "Ow, my head...!" He stood up again, all thoughts of the vampire lost as he moved away from the crowd. The bell, the voices, the scents, they were all too much for him with his new-found headache. Wonderful, Vern thought as he stepped outside. Great start to the first day. Still, I doubt anyone will mind if I'm a few minutes late to class. He sighed as he massaged his temples. His power certainly did not do much for his mental health.

It was then that he noticed the scent of another nearby; he glanced sideways and saw a red-haired girl lying on the floor. Her emotions... perhaps slightly taut, like the strings of an instrument, yet fairly solid somehow. At least that was the first impression he got of the wisp of scent that accosted his mind fom her direction.

"You gonna head to class?"
Vern called over to her as he leant against the brick walls outside the doors to the school.

Chronus grumbled to himself, already knowing that every single mumble was about him. He was so frustrated. 'First day of school and I'm already going to have a bad reputation,' He thought to himself. 'Then again...thos could be GOOD mumbles.' A smile creeps up on Chronus' face. After a good few minutes of thinking, he turns on his invisibility cloaking device he installed inside of himself that morning. He then sneaked out of the class to get some water to keep his engines going. He then trips a little and looks back, turning the cloak off. He notices a beautiful girl with red lucious hair on the floor. 'Oh my god she's hot,' he thought to himself. Remembering he's a freshman, for he is the only one of his kind who actually has an aging function, he thought he could never talk to this girl and get an amazing result, but he tried anyway.

"You enjoying yourself down there?" Chronus said with a warm smile. He offers a stretched arm down to her. "I don't think I want to know how you got on the floor. But I WOULD like to know who you are."

Chronus was never nervous around the girls. He would always be curteous and he would treat them with a huge amount of respect.

"Are you hurt?" He asked her.

Melody heard the bell and instantly paniced "oh no oh no got to find her i dont want to get into trouble again." She ran to where she figured Megan would be "someplace where she can be lazy oh i thought i saw a bench not to far." And she was right on the bench Megan was sound asleep her lit cigarette still in her mouth "wake up Megan its the bell." Nudging her Melody knew she wasnt going to get anywhere so she did the only thing she knew would wake her up she pulled the cigarette out of her mouth and with that Megan instantly growled and looked at Melody "we are going to be late sister if we dont hurry." Megan got up "yeah yeah show me the way." As they walked to the class room they noticed people where starting to get more and more cramped and Megan being the kind girl she was started to raise her body temp until she people couldnt be near her from the heat. Melody was ahead of Megan so she couldnt feel it but as she turned she noticed that nobody was near them now "Megan stop that i dont want to get into trouble because of you." They made it to the class room and noticed that some of the room was a mess and it looked to be one persons doing since they walked in while chronus was saying he was sorry. Megan lowered her body tempature and then took a seat in the back while Melody took one in the front. Taking out another cigarette out of her boot and instatnly she felt water hit her hand and noticed that her cigarette was now to wet to use "Hey that was my last one you are so going to buy me another pack Melody i dont care if you dont like to buy them or not." Melody looked at Megan "i dont want to buy them anymore the only reason you make me is because the store owner you go to is a perv and last time you went in they had to call the fire department." Megan laughed "yeah that was a fun day it showed him not to grab a girls ass." As Megan laughed she could tell that her sister was uneasy "fine i will go to another store but i dont want to i mean heck you get them for half price just by asking nicely." Melody giggled "thats because when you are nice sometimes nice things happen to you." Megan then remarked "yeah and when your a bad girl even better things happen but hey nice is the way you want to go fine i on the other hand would rather stay away from that sort of thing." Melody sighed and then turned to face the front of the room while Megan put her feet on the desk and put her head back so that she could go back to sleep.

The girl laughed and picked herself up off the floor and brushed herself down "Im fine, why did you want a postcard?" She then heard a call from over by the building "I got a little carried away one might say" She called back and waved. She the turned to the lad before her and smiled. Her smile was gentle and warm despite the cat like eyes she had. "At times like these-" she said loud enough for the boy further to the building to hear, yet despite the volume, her voice wasn't as if she raised it, it was more like it carried. "-it is accustomed to help a lady, and to shake ones hand." She held out a frail small hand, anticipating if either one of the boys would accept it, confirming a friendly acquaintance. At the start of a school year, finding peers would either come easily or difficult. She hoped that now she was the less strange amongst many individuals, becoming friends with those more unique than her would be a little easier and perhaps more rewarding. "My name is Faye" The red haired girl announced.

Chronus firmly accepted the handshake from Faye. "Well my name's Chronus. Steampunk Cybborg. Made in 1996. Last upgraded...well...this morning." He laughed a little. "So uh...are you human?" Chronus checks Faye out. "Don't really notice anything external that gives away what you are." He laughs a little more.

Vern paused for a moment, unsure of what to do. She seemed nice enough; the other one however...

"Nice to meet you, Faye. I'm Vern," the psychic replied, walking up to her and shaking her hand for a moment. He glanced at Chronus. "... You wouldn't happen to be the guy that just rocketed down the corridor, would you? You shouldn't do that when there are lots of people around. I can recognise you by your scent, or lack thereof; you being a cyborg would certainly explain why I can't read you very easily."

Faye pit a hand to her chin and giggled softly "No sent? Not even clockwork or motor oil?" The idea of judging those by their scent amused her. "So what do I smell like?" She was curious about Vern, it was defiantly something she had not heard of before. She was also curious as to what Chonus meant by steampunk and cyborg, also asking if she was human seemed to puzzle her. "I have to say, I do not know what you fellows mean. I know what a cyborg is but have never met one, nor do I know what steampunk means. Forgive my naivaty but I was raised and lived amongst humans all my life. It wasn't until recent years that I was told I would need a change of pace, so this is all rather facinating to me. Though I am much like a curious human my blood line is more deviant." She giggled again and pulled her hair back, reveiling the longer ears and the birthmark upon her neck that was a deep crimson and had a tribal pattern to it.

Chronus looks at Faye. "Steampunk is self explanatory. I'm a cyborg that runs on water, but my style is a little old fashioned." He said with a smile. He then looks to Vern. "My bad man...I just hate the sound of those dang bells. I swear it does something to my system." Chronus shoots a glare at the school bell. "I really don't know though." Chronus looks at the two. "So I guess the class I just walked out of is your class also, well I'll see you guys in there, but first I have to go refresh my system. Do you guys know if there are any water fountains nearby?" he asked.

"Fair enough. I can't pretend to know the workings of cyborgs; I guess it's a little more complicated than I envisioned," Vern said, glancing back at the school building. "I believe there's one on the way to class, so I guess we'll go to class and you can catch us up or something." He gestured to Faye, pointing towards the door. "Wanna head to class? And, scent... it's not what you think. It's not 'scent' as in my sense of smell; it's like an impression I can get from people. It's like smelling their emotions with my mind. It's weird, and I can't put it into regular terms. So scent does me just fine." He paused for a moment, looking at Faye carefully. "... Your scent is fairly strong. You probably have quite a strong emotional hold over yourself at the moment, at least on the outside."

Faye nodded with interest, listening but still not understanding the two lads infront of her. She smiled to herself again, she would accept what they told her and learn more as things moved along, rather than continue to demonstrate a naive and perhaps annoying trait. "Well, a young lady using the proper mannerism will need to be strong, to not let words upset her and let her show an ugly side of herself." She looked at the building infront of her, that at first seemed daunting, but now it's appearance softened and had a more welcoming atmosphere. "Of course, we cannot ignore our obligations as new students!" She clapped her hands together and gracefully walked forward. Her small and fragile frame made her walk seem very light, lanhd she had a slight skip to her walk. In her mind, she continued to think over the drastic change to her life, still contemplating the meanings of scent and steampunk. ~Self explanatory? How can it be self explanatory? Perhaps it refers to an era? It reminded me of a more western steam locomotive throwback. Perhaps my foster parents should have found me a tutor.~ Faye once again smiled to herself in thought.

After Chronus got water he returned to the class noticing the instructor walking in right behind him. He hurried to his seat and awaited the teachings. 'Looks like I've got some new friends,' he thought to himself. 'Great.' Chronus smiled once again like he had many times that morning. 'This will be a good year.' He looked around for Vern and Faye, while sliding his goggles back on to study the statistics of each classmate that was in that class room.

Her head shot up at the sound of the bell. Aeria quickly brushed her bangs to the side with her figers and placed her ipod in her pocket. The slender girl jogged slowly into the building and through the corridor.She looked around nervously as she slowed to a walk. she oulled out her schedule. Her blue eyes scanned over the paper quickly and then she looked around again searching for her classroom. She bit her lip nervously. Late on her first day? Unacceptable.

Aerie found her class and headed straight in. She looked ervously as all of the students were there and the teacher was staring at her. The teacher obviously wasn't very fond of her already. Take your seat. Miss uh? the teacher looked at her expectantly " Oh, um, Aerie Kostakis. Sorry I'm late." she said as she hurried to an empty seat in the back of the classroom. As she looked around she could recognize a few kids she had seen earlier. however, she kept her head down, not wanting to get in anymore trouble.

[[ Not really sure what we should be doing at this point :) ]]

[[ To be honest, thats thread creators job I think. Though I could whip up a scene if he doesn't mind me moving the thread along. ]]

Ami is sure she had been overlooked once again.
SHe quickly sat down at the table in teh corner and made herself unnoticable.
SHe did seem to have a crush on this Sekran boy though.

((Going with my church choir to sing to homeless. WOn't be able to reply tonight.))

shiki.png

Hearing the bell, Sekran decides to wait until everyone has already made it to class before he finds his way. To him, it's useless to scurry around within a large group of students while simultaneously trying to locate a classroom. Too tedious. Instead, he allows fifteen minutes to pass by before heading to class. By now, only he and his puppets are really the only people in the hall, besides the occasional other student here and there. With ease, Sekran locates the room he's in first and slips through the door. The instructor seems to only pause for a moment in their introductions to chance a glance at him before continuing. Sekran strides to the back of the room and takes a seat, his twin puppets sitting on the floor beside him. 'This is such a waste of my time,' he remarks silently to himself. "How boring" the young puppet master mutters to himself softly so as to not disturb those around him.

((Anyone can play the instructor.. It doesn't really matter to me. Hell, everyone could play them if they wanted to. XD And feel free to move the plot along as you see fit... Sorry I haven't been able to reply. Had a project to do for school. -__-))

Ami Noticed when Sekran walked in the door but quickly averted her eyes.
She listened to the teacher ramble on, but secretly wrote down new spells in her notebook.
This spell was a spell to glow as bright as the sun, naturally looking of course.
So far she had:
3 red power disprits.
1 spirit
4 purple toads

...and past that she couldn't think of anything.
SHe tapped nottoriously on her front desk. Hoping to hear ideas.

Faye stumbled out of the classroom, clutching her head, her eyes looked like they were spinning. She reached over to the wall infront of her and lent against it. She the turned with her back to the wall and slid down it, sitting on the floor. "Oh my goodness. I think I defiantly should have come to this school more prepared. My head is still spinning..." she mumbled to herself as she tried to regain her baring and stand up. She rubbed her temples then reached into her pocket for her time table. She then turned green as she saw the next class, and had to return to using the wall for support once again. "I think they want to kill me..." She dropped the sheet of paper and it slowly floated to the floor. The next lesson was gym. She groaned and stood up straight again. She slapped her cheeks and put on her game face ~Come on now! Can't let this defeat you, gotta fight the power!~ She then smiled to herself, amused by her sillyness.

[[ROW ROW FIGHT THA POWAH]]

Vern sighed as he exited the classroom. It had been fairly standard stuff; nothing too difficult, just a regular entry-level class. Obviously with a new year came new challenges and new trials... but nothing out of the ordinary. It seems Faye had not fared as well, though...

"Our next class is just down the hall," Vern said to Faye, picking her timetable up off the ground. "Gym...? That ought to be... interesting." Vern's mouth turned up slightly at the corner, in a slight smirk. "You feeling alright to go?"