Not Without Honour

@PetticoatLane - Kuroki-san is a man that can almost get on Yurie's nerves, if she were the type to get annoyed easily. His friendly and open manner is perhaps admirable, in its own way, but she has no intention or desire to share her personal stories and "cry on his shoulder." The suggestion of it, and the feeling she gets that he feels protective of her, is almost an insult to both the mental and physical strength she has beaten into her own existence. His wit does occasionally get a genuine smile from her, but his occasionally flirtatious behavior is associated with disrespect to her. She covers these feelings up with her usual, polite smiles, but if anyone could irritate her enough to poison them, it would probably be him.
I think that they are going to be an interesting dynamic. The reason he'd feel need to be protective is subconscious - because she's only a few years older than his daughter would be - and I think he might struggle with that just a bit. He's not going to be overly protective and he's not going to try to "father" her, per se, (and he would certainly not admit the reason he feels the way he does) but I can see him being a little stifling in his good-intent.

Yeah, I figured it wouldn't be obvious, but the gall of the very idea. *giggles. I think she can tell he feels a little bit protective, and even her father was not like that. The irritating part also include his personality anyways. :D

Reactions: Perfect Neglect
I applaud you for being so detailed, Firejay. I almost feel ashamed for putting the bare minimum into my descriptions. Overall, I think this is going to be a very interesting journey. Each character is so different; I very much like the group dynamics we have going.

An update on the IC: Replicating tabs and spoilers have been fixed. I have to write up the opening post tonight, then we should be ready to go! After all that is done... I will attempt to repair all the broken coding here in the OOC. *sighs* I thought I was getting the hang of this site's formatting, but the forums just love to prove me wrong.

I'm just irked about the fieldsets atm. I know they're fixing it, but I use so many fieldsets. ._.

I won't be around on the interwebs when the IC is suppose to be coming up. I'll be able to get a post up Monday afternoon. (I have dnd tonight and work tomorrow morning.)

Time to jump on the bandwagon

Nishi-san - As a constantly inebriated former ronin, Kirihime doesn't give him the same trust she gives her other equals. She doesn't disdain him, however, and heeds his words, sober or no.

Kiyomizu-san - Kirihime respects Hiro for his efficiency, especially since his analytical and objective nature means she is employed in a most ideal fashion in his strategies and plans. She is weary of how much he appears to enjoy battle, but trusts him nonetheless.

Suda-san - Calm, respectful, and respectable. For a newer samurai, Kirihime holds Yurie in high regards. Naturally, she respects her for being a woman of rank, but she also finds her to be an ideal warrior.

Kuroki-san - She finds him easy to trust. He is genuine and kind, if a bit of a fool at times. Of all Kanegawa's men, she finds him the easiest to talk to. Wishes he'd tell her about his past. When he listens, she often vents about the struggle of her family trying to marry her off, and she enjoys bringing him along for shopping trips.

Youshanai-san - Wouldn't trust him with her own life, let alone Kanegawa-dono's. She is not so stubborn as to ignore when he says something of value, but constantly questions his motivations and endgame.

Yeah Kirihime is definitely partial towards Hiroyuki, Makoto, and Yurie.

Last edited:
That is just fine, Tone, the IC probably will not be up until Monday. Between running errands and a slight medical mishap, I am too worn out to attempt a coherent opening post. I would rather take the time for quality than rush to get something up tonight. In the mean time, thank you all for working on the little things like character relations; they mean a lot when in-character posting starts.

I'm loving the fact that nobody likes Kaze-san. Dude has no friends. :(

Kind of deserves it, though.

Nishi-san: Outside of the bar, Kaze might find Nishi to be quite the annoyance. Since Kaze never drinks due to his constant need to stay ready for a fight, he would probably end up lambasting Nishi for willingly dulling his senses
In a world and time when a fight could happen at any time, anywhere.

Suda-san: Kaze can find no love in his heart for a woman on the battlefield, but he can find the sense in his mind not to mess with this one. Something about the calm demeanor just puts him on edge and makes him think that she's up to something. Problem is, that may just be the case, in this day and age...

Kiyomizu-san: Kaze despises this man and everything related to him. The constant bickering and the question of honor, a concept Kaze is also not a fan of, pushes the Samurai to the brink of cold-blooded murder, sometimes. He only holds himself back out of loyalty to his Lord, but he would not hold anything back if it came to the clashing of steel.

Kikuichi-san: This is one Kaze would have some fun, with. Her hatred of the gender bias she is forced to face would lead Kaze to some idle comments here and there, speaking in a jesting tone one rarely will hear, from him. He would not pursue anything remotely near a friendship, but he wouldn't leave the woman to die, were the choice to come up.

Kuroki-san: Though not a fan of a man who doesn't know when to stop making jokes, Kaze would deffinately find himself inexplicably drawn, to this man. Perhaps, due to the supreme isolation Kaze tends to force himself into, he would find the need to have some form of conversation with somebody that didn't outright hate him. And, with the exception of Suda-san, Kuroki-san might be the only one who fits that bill.

So, yeah. Tell me if I got names wrong. I can't type well on my phone.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: firejay1
No one seems to like Nishi-san, either. Yurie doesn't... dislike Youshanai-san. Just doesn't feel anything concerning him.

:D She's getting all these compliments. *pets my child on the head. "Ideal warrior" and being one "not to mess with." She's never planning anything... probably. :D

Well, Nishi's a huge drunkard. I wouldn't like him, either (no offence). Kaze's just.... Misunderstood, I feel. As most psychopaths tend to be, of course.

Shhh... I'm not online right now.

Daws, I think you still seem to be having some issues with personality contradictions. In his profile, you state that Kaze is "brash, paranoid, sadistic, a natural born killer", and make implications of him being aggressive and bordering on insane. Yet, you have now described him as disliking the fact that samurai, as warriors, must kill under questionable circumstances at times; as you put it, murder. I have no issues with there being friction between Hiro and Kaze, but perhaps we should try to work on balancing out Kaze's personality, ne? You seem to have more than one idea as to how he thinks, and I do believe they can come to a happy middle ground that will clear up some of our misunderstandings around him.

Also, Hiroyuki's surname is Kiyomizu, while Kirihime's is Kikuichi. I noticed they were the only two you did not refer to by their family name.

Also, for all of you, I wanted to clear up that while Hiroyuki does basically become a berserker on the battlefield, this does not carry over to any other combat situation, and he has never attacked an ally or innocent. The best way I can describe it is that the man is a masochist that succumbs to a semi-controlled bloodlust in the heat of war.

@Daws Combine Misunderstood? As what? Is he not actually a sadist? *genuinely not quite sure what you mean by it.

@KageKaioh I don't remember saying he was opposed to murder. Just that he wouldn't kill Hiro because of his loyalty to Kasegawa-dono. If The Lord wasn't involved, Kaze would have murdered Hiro ages ago, or at least would have tried to. As for the names, that's generally because I was pulling them from everybody else's posts. If you would like me to change them, I would be happy to oblige...

@firejay1 'Twas but a little joke. It's hard to misunderstand insanity (or, in this case, near insanity).

Good to know Kaze's as huge a douche as anticipated, but with an unexpected mercy. Don't get me wrong, he's exactly what we need, personality-wise. It'll be interesting to see how the two go at it.

Ah, forgive me for my post last night, I completely misunderstood what you had meant. I guess I was more out of it than I thought. Please just ignore my rambling. And, you do not have to change the name listings, I just was letting you know.

At any rate, I agree with Verbal. With such tension within the group already, will be interesting to see how they handle the various situations I have planned. *Smiles maliciously*

Reactions: firejay1
I can hear Kage's evil plans forming in his mind, the already formed ones being put to the side with fiendish cackles of glee.

Reactions: KageKaioh
Yes, a sound that is oddly familiar to coffee being brewed and ferrets running on a hamster wheel.

Makoto will try to help ease tensions... But if people are not cooperating, he's gonna go serious-mode. -_- Especially if someone tries to take a shot at anyone else. He's not just non-stop jokes if people are at each other's throats over things.

Well, it sounds to me like everyone knows how to work together, but they have areas of their lives which are currently only maintained with a dangerous, fragile balance, and could possibly lead to conflict.

Reactions: Tone Deaf