Not Without Honour

Verbal in an effort to pick things up Ihave some choice words for you >> Do you like. Sleeping with Sirens
Don't really listen to them. Sorry homie. I'm more Bikini Kill and The Clash lately.

Hello. I'm an alcoholic and I might have stalked @PetticoatLane here.

Feudal Japan (and settings based on it) have produced some excellent stories in my experience. It's also something I'm quite familiar with. I like the look of this and it feels promising. However, I can not guarantee anything at the moment. I am a little low in inspiration and wouldn't want to join something I can't commit to (inactivity and inability is damaging to both parties). I am going to read over things a bit more before and play around with character ideas. So, I am very interested I'm just not sure if it is for the best I join, yet.
Well, aren't you an adorable little stalker. :3

Slowed down, yes, but not by too much. I am working with Lane on their character and trying to ascertain whether Daws is participating in this roleplay.

Working out at least the basics of what the characters think of each other would be a good thing to do, though. Hiroyuki has been working under the Kanegawa banner for eight years, though I am not sure how he views the others yet... I would have to think on it a bit. I can say that those who are the newest would be getting a colder front than the rest though; Hiro is not the most personable or trusting man.

Welcome, Eleyvan! I am glad to hear you are interested, and I do hope you are up to joining.

I would say that my character would be the most open with everyone as a stranger. Having been recently lordless he is itching to prove himself to the other samurai that he is not some worthless warrior but instead worthy fight along side these other honorable samurai. He always thinks himself the underdog AND VERY much that shinobi samurai half breed... (said in character I love you D:) Though if she can prove she has honor I guess she is fine as well....

Once Hiro knows you better, he will speak more, though he still is not very personable. *laughs* He is also fiercely loyal and protective of those who earn is trust and respect. However, if you should break his trust or respect, there is no getting it back. Due to his upbringing he can be a tad elitist, and may look down on those who were ronin, but will not let that shadow his decisions and opinions. He forms those based almost solely on the skill and honor of a person.

I'm working on my history right now -- I should have everything posted at some point tonight. Sorry for the delay!

Sounds wonderful, Lane.

A question for everyone, did we want to start posting IC while we try to get the last slots filled? The first posts in the RP are just basic interactions, so it would not leave anyone behind.

Okay. History posted, name changed... Working on weapons/skills. Please let me know if corrections are needed!

@Eleyvan Are you talking about my broken-ass code? I'm fixing it. ._. Or trying to, anyway. Posting that just...destroyed my CS.

Dunno what the hell happened. The editor just likes to start tacking on tags when I'm not looking...

Last edited by a moderator:
I was actually talking about his history. Particularly the part where his daughter and wife died.

Oh. That.

Yeah, I've been stuck on the whole sappy, tragic backstory thing lately... Don't judge me. ._. It's also awkwardly-written because I realized I was rambling, so I just started cutting portions out.

Actually, I think Lauchlan's the only other character I've had in...some time...that's had a death in his backstory.

BUT! I got the code fixed. c:

Reactions: firejay1
I don't think I'm one to judge, in this case. Most the characters I play have at least mildly tragic back stories. In fairness, 2/3rds of my characters in ATKM had "daddy issues" and the final one had other prominent misfortune. And it doesn't read choppy to me. Then again, who knows how long it has been since I last slept and I can't read properly right now.

It looks good! I might steal your CS format again.

Reactions: Perfect Neglect
No corrections needed; his story is beautifully written, despite it's sorrows. Kuroki-san will certainly be an interesting member of the Daimyo's guard. Also, I can actually see Hiroyuki getting along with him. How many years has he worked under Kanegawa?

And, I agree with Eleyvan- I very much like the way you have formatted the profile. I will have to remember it.

No corrections needed; his story is beautifully written, despite it's sorrows. Kuroki-san will certainly be an interesting member of the Daimyo's guard. Also, I can actually see Hiroyuki getting along with him. How many years has he worked under Kanegawa?

And, I agree with Eleyvan- I very much like the way you have formatted the profile. I will have to remember it.
@KageKaioh Thank you. And I hope so - reading all the characters' personalities again, he's quite a contrast. He's going to have a field day with all of these quiet, serious people. :3

Oh, uh...after doing the math I used in the history - would a year and a half of service be a decent point to put him at? How long have the others been under Kanegawa's employ?

@Eleyvan Thank you - and have at! I saw a CS like it once and stole it from that person, it's hardly my format. lol

Name:
Yōshanai Kaze

Appearance:
Lordnecro_samurai_by_ColectivoBazofia.jpg

Weapons:
Kaiken
Wakizashi
Katana

Personality:
If one were to ask him about his own personality, Kaze would simply brush you off without a second thought. Ask any of his closest friends, and they will tell you that he's a brash, paranoid, sadistic, natural born killer, and that Kasegawa was lucky to get him before he went entirely mad. There are some words, however, that nobody would use to describe him. Kind, caring, selfless, and least of all Hoborable. This is a man who holds his beliefs in priority, and who's beliefs are, "honor has no place on the battlefield", and "there is no such thing as too far".

History:

Kaze was born to a Samurai in the Hoseki prefecture, living in relative comfort for a good part of his life. He would often get into fights with the other kids, pounding them mercilessly with a Bokken he had.... acquired from his father, Ritoru. While his mother was always distressed when Kaze came home covered in cuts and bruises, his father was always supportive, of him. "That boy will grow up to become the greatest Samurai this world will ever see," he always used to say. His mother forbade the very concept, but Kaze was ecstatic. He, just like all the other children, had always dreamed of becoming a Samurai. So, when he was finally old enough, his father taught Kaze everything that the boy would need to know. At age 18, he was a fully fledged Samurai. His first battle happened when he was 19. Most say he hasn't been the same, since.

Block. Strike. Don't sweep the leg, no matter how much you wish, to. Your temptation must never get the better of you. Kaze grinned and dropped, lancing out kick into his opponents legs. Sorry, father. The wooden Kaiken just barely made contact with the man's chin, stopping the practice fight, immediately. The man stumbled away, rubbing the bottom of his chin with a scowl. Always with a scowl, Kaze thought. These people held their honor too tightly. You were either light on your feet and resourceful, or devoid of breath in the afterlife. That's how combat worked. Honor had no part in the clashing of steel. As his next opponent approached, he considered a strategy, to beat him. The man was large. Very large. Built like a tree and, it seemed, only half as stupid. Kaze would have to rely on that other half. He would have to study the big man's moves and see where the tree came into play. See the tree. Don't be the Tree, Kaze thought with a snicker. Someone should write these things down....

The larger man fell to the floor as Kaze tried to slow his breathing. Always breathe slow. Never appear as if a battle has caused you strain. No samurai worth the blade he wields will tell you he has come from a difficult battle, even if he lacks an arm or a leg because of said battle. All wise words, from his father. The ones Kaze took to heart. Slow clapping could be heard from the entrance of the practice arena. Every single man in the building was bowing to the unknown figure behind Kaze. The samurai slowly straightened himself and looked over his shoulder at the older gentleman in the black robes. One of Kanegawa's advisors, no doubt. Kaze stood and bowed to the man, who beckoned for the room to rise. They did. The man took a few steps over to the man who lay defeated, on the ground. A frown crossed his face, looking up at Kaze. "Did you defeat this man, young Samurai?" Kaze nodded, breathing slowly. Always slowly. The old man laughed. He turned and walked over to one of the windows, looking over to some birds eating nuts in a tree. "Tell me, young Samurai. Do you have an eye for birds?" Kaze shook his head. "I do not. However, I do have one for beauty. Will that help?" The old man turned to look at Kaze, frowning. Kaze sighed. "Very well, then. It seems I must explain this one..." The old man smiled and put his hands behind his back. "Please do." The samurai bowed to the older man and shifted his legs to a more comfortable position. "I hold the philosophy that we, as humans, have three sets of eyes. One pair for survival, one for combat, and one that is unruly. One we must train. In training this third pair of eyes, we can make it into anything we wish. I have trained myself to see beauty. A talent unknown to most men, much less most Samurai." The room was silent for a few minutes before the old man chuckled. "Very well, then." He straightened his back, smiling at Kaze. "For your impressive show of cunning, intelligence, strength of body, strength of mind, strength of soul, and strength of," a small chuckle, "eyes. I, Tesoru Yashagami, loyal advisor to our lord Kanegawa-dono, hereby appoint the Samurai Kaze-sama to the personal guard of our Lord. Congratulations, Kaze-sama." The entire room erupted into applause. Kaze didn't know what to do. So, he did nothing. He bathed in the glory. A single, deep breath.

Breathe slow, my son.

Extra:
Kaze is ambidextrous and has a scar on his left cheek he refuses to explain the origin of

Lane: He certainly throws an interesting twist into the mix. Also, looking back through the profiles, I am noticing a trend that I do not quite like. Most of the Samurai have only been working for Kanegawa for a few years at most. Seeing as quite a few have not given actual ages and years in their profiles, I did not see it until now.

All: Please give me a year count of how long your character has worked for Kanegawa-dono. We may have to re-work some profiles to extend this time of service.

Daws: Thank you for getting your character sheet in. There is a bit of a problem with Yoshanai-san's personality, though. Firstly, I would appreciate it if you would elaborate more on it, a list of qualities is not quite enough to give us a view of his mind. Secondly, there is a contradiction. You list that he is honorable to a fault, then in his history you convey that he believes that honor has no place in a battle. Or at least, that is what it reads as.

Got it. I'll get my phychiatric hat on and fix that. Also, about 3-4 years.