Nostalgic Shows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh by my eyeballs I haven't seen some of these shows in such a long time. Most kids nowadays won't know the epicness we had unless their parents show them. They're stuck with shows such as 'Jessie' and other things. To me, they're nothing more than time wasters where the old shows had some kind of moral message or one of those violent shows. If only they could...

They just had to dig around the graveyard didn't they?

Even the new Digimon season can go find a hole to crawl in. And stay there. Forever.

Excuuuuse me, Princess!

This show was my jam even if I didn't watch it when it aired.

Excuuuuse me, Princess!

This show was my jam even if I didn't watch it when it aired.
EXCUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSE

ME, PRINCESS.

Man, most of what is in here gives me some real Nostalgic goosebumps, yo!

I gotta get into this!

Still one of my favourite childhood shows. Man I love the atmosphere of it! plus that fuckin soundtrack!

Seriously, this fuckin show xD. Right after watching Teen Titans on a saturday at 11:00 AM, which switch to Fox kids and then BOOM! Medabots.

Right before school, I'd watch the fuck out of Zoids.

Yeah, Justice League was the shit! nothing reall needs to be said after that.

WARNING: British slangs :p.

• Love
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
How has this not been posted yet?

You all are wonderful people.

I've got nothin' to add here, but you're all wonderful people. Even you, Raz.

Don't kill me, Batsy.

Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
Ok. So now I'm debating getting back into some of these shows now that set cable times are no longer a problem.

But I want to make sure nostalgia isn't blinding me.
Do people think I should start watching digimon and mighty morphing power rangers again?

Because shit was a step up from Tattooed Teenaged Alien Fighters from Beverly Hills:

Ok. So now I'm debating getting back into some of these shows now that set cable times are no longer a problem.

But I want to make sure nostalgia isn't blinding me.
Do people think I should start watching digimon and mighty morphing power rangers again?

Digimon seasons 1-2: My nostalgia goggles aren't quite as strong as I wished they'd be. I've tried re-watching them before -- there's a certain charm to it, but, a lot of it really is just nostalgic charm.

Digimon season 3: This is still the shit. I love it. I still own it on DVD and I started watching it with a friend of mine who grew up on season 1 but never saw this one, and she loves it. So, no nostalgia goggles on this one. Just a really great series. Even if some of the English dialogue is a little bit quirky and stupid.

To clarify -- Digimon season 3 is set in a totally different universe than the first two seasons, in which the characters are actually aware of the first two seasons existing as a TV show and all, in case you weren't aware.

Digimon seasons 1-2: My nostalgia goggles aren't quite as strong as I wished they'd be. I've tried re-watching them before -- there's a certain charm to it, but, a lot of it really is just nostalgic charm.

Digimon season 3: This is still the shit. I love it. I still own it on DVD and I started watching it with a friend of mine who grew up on season 1 but never saw this one, and she loves it. So, no nostalgia goggles on this one. Just a really great series. Even if some of the English dialogue is a little bit quirky and stupid.

To clarify -- Digimon season 3 is set in a totally different universe than the first two seasons, in which the characters are actually aware of the first two seasons existing as a TV show and all, in case you weren't aware.
The channel I used to watch Digimon had canceled it back in season 1, so I never even got to season 2 or 3. :/

But really? They made digimon a tv show, in the digimon tv show?
That's like... Digiception right there. XD

The channel I used to watch Digimon had canceled it back in season 1, so I never even got to season 2 or 3. :/

But really? They made digimon a tv show, in the digimon tv show?
That's like... Digiception right there. XD

Yup! The characters in season 3 are all fans of the Digimon TV show, video games and card game (and actually make a number of references to the original series), and then they all get real Digimon and it's like wooooah...!

Plus it's a lot darker than the first two seasons, which I enjoyed, and I think the plot has a lot more going for it.

It's also a bit more sci-fi and actually rolls with the idea of "Digital Monsters". Like, in the first two seasons, they slapped the word "digi" onto everything but really hardly anything actually seemed digital. It was just the same as any other fantasy world full of battling and evolving monsters. Nothing digital about it.

Season 3 actually gives us reasons to remember the fact that they're supposed to be digital and sort of think of them as such, which the writers seem to have a lot of fun with, and it goes a lot of interesting places.

Oh, and there's also the fact that this season technically only exists because a bunch of studio executives wanted a new Digimon series that would incorporate the cards and video games in a way that would make kids want to buy them. And while you can sometimes see that element of it embedded in it all, the writers did an amazing job of taking that and doing something wonderful with it, so that that aspect kind of fades into the background and you can just focus on how awesome the series is.

As you can probably tell, I'm a huge fan of this one.

Yup! The characters in season 3 are all fans of the Digimon TV show, video games and card game (and actually make a number of references to the original series), and then they all get real Digimon and it's like wooooah...!

Plus it's a lot darker than the first two seasons, which I enjoyed, and I think the plot has a lot more going for it.

It's also a bit more sci-fi and actually rolls with the idea of "Digital Monsters". Like, in the first two seasons, they slapped the word "digi" onto everything but really hardly anything actually seemed digital. It was just the same as any other fantasy world full of battling and evolving monsters. Nothing digital about it.

Season 3 actually gives us reasons to remember the fact that they're supposed to be digital and sort of think of them as such, which the writers seem to have a lot of fun with, and it goes a lot of interesting places.

Oh, and there's also the fact that this season technically only exists because a bunch of studio executives wanted a new Digimon series that would incorporate the cards and video games in a way that would make kids want to buy them. And while you can sometimes see that element of it embedded in it all, the writers did an amazing job of taking that and doing something wonderful with it, so that that aspect kind of fades into the background and you can just focus on how awesome the series is.

As you can probably tell, I'm a huge fan of this one.
Sold. :3

Though now comes the tough choice.
Do I watch Digimon season 3 first? Or finish the last airbender?

Status
Not open for further replies.