Nostalgic Shows

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there's one television program that really got me going as a kid, it's the following:

This, Sailor Moon and Tekkaman Blade were the first anime I'd ever seen.
I was about to say, where is the Dragon Ball o.o

Dark and gritty cyberpunky Batman setting with the most bitter Bruce Wayne ever put on screen. I was hooked instantly as a fan of the original series.

As a kid, I also loved anything Egyptian, so basically this show was an instant win.

Funny enough, this following one is also Egyptian based. :}

Well, my childhood was a little off the beaten path. The only time I got to watch TV, (and we didn't have cable) was in the morning waiting for the bus, and my dad was always there. So we typically only got to watch whatever he wanted to watch. There were a few cartoons that got through his filter, but the only notable one was:

Now with that said, most of my childhood nostalgia comes from some older shows:

Y'all come back now, ya hear?

OH Christ, how could I forget my favorite show?

Fun facts;
This was the first sitcom to feature a black main character.
Also, most actors portraying the Germans were Jews, who relished the chance to portray Nazis as bumbling idiots.

Well, my childhood was a little off the beaten path. The only time I got to watch TV, (and we didn't have cable) was in the morning waiting for the bus, and my dad was always there. So we typically only got to watch whatever he wanted to watch. There were a few cartoons that got through his filter, but the only notable one was:

Now with that said, most of my childhood nostalgia comes from some older shows:

Y'all come back now, ya hear?

OH Christ, how could I forget my favorite show?

M*A*S*H?!
Jeez, how old are you?

Oh, seriously?
Huh, I'm guessing this is before the time when Nick@Nite started to play nothing but Full House, The Nanny, Family matters, and Fresh Prince of Bel-air?

omg I think I love you.

Code Lyoko, as terrible as the dubs could be at times, still warm my heart. I actually stumbled upon it when my family were at vacation in france. I was ill and had to stay at the hotel. They marathoned the first season, so I ended up watching it all in French having no fucking idea what was going on but loving it.

Everyone loves me. And I think I read somewhere that the English dub was done by the French voice actors (That, or it was the same studio).

But moving on... I'll try to cover the stuff that nobody has mentioned.

Easily my favorite cartoon as a kiddie has to be the Rugrats. The fucking Rugrats. No one could beat the Rugrats. It barely had any bad episodes (Except for a few, I haven't exactly watched it in a bit but I remember those. *Shudders*).

Dexter's Laboratory doesn't need words.

Codename Kids Next Door has to be one of the best cartoons, period. It had such an interesting concept and it was pulled off so well.

Digimon was the first anime I ever watched, and still holds a place in my heart (Screw you, Pokemon fans). I've been watching the first and second Adventure series to get ready for Tri. Digimon Adventure two has to be the best one (Better character dynamics and everything). Tamers was cool too, but after that, it kinda got baaaad.

FMA has to be the second anime I got into. The first Full Metal Alchemist anime wasn't as good as Brotherhood, but I still liked it a lot.

... Yeah, I watched a lot of cartoons. It's what inspired my love for animation in general.

• Love
Reactions: LunaValentine
Oh, seriously?
Huh, I'm guessing this is before the time when Nick@Nite started to play nothing but Full House, The Nanny, Family matters, and Fresh Prince of Bel-air?
yes

I always preffered the darker, less convoluted storyline of the first FMA:Anime.
I always preferred the one where people did things awesomely, the men were buff, and the women were VAVOOM.

...oh wait. That's all of them.

YAY! WINS FOR EVERYONE!

A Nostalgic Movie based on a Nostalgic Show:

When I realized that Batman TAS was out on DVD back in my sophomore year of university, I creamed my pants and immediately got hard again. Then I relaized that Mask of the Phantasm was also on DVD.

My roommates nerdgasmed when I showed them the TAS dvds.

We collectively nerdgasmed even harder once Mask of the Phantasm's opening titles started doing a bigger, orchestral, chorused version of the legendary Shirley Walker theme.

I'm like an extra 1.5 inches of hard just watching this vid.

• Love
Reactions: LunaValentine

I know some other PR stuff is above, but c'mon, for those of you who began the journey?

First Season. First Western exposure to Super Sentai. First Sixth Ranger storyline.

Accept no substitutes.

Accept maybe that one. Because Pacific Rim is basically Power Rangers for adults.

Admit it.

Pacific Rim was a live-action Anime.

Take a look at the plot, the characters, and everything else, and you will see that.

The Vision of Escaflowne

One of my top 10 favorite anime of all time. I continue to watch this show annually. One of the earliest appearances of Maaya Sakamoto, and the title that launched her into voice acting stardom - can you believe she was 16 when this show came out in 1996?

The best way I can describe this show is Final Fantasy 6: The Anime.

Evil empire out to conquer the world (Ghestal Empire/Zaibach Empire)....

A mysterious woman as the protagonist, who is of two worlds by birth and bloodline (Terra Branford/Hitomi Kanzaki)....

In a world populated by ancient creatures that are the source of many of the magic and science of the world (Dragons/Espers)....

A world where magic and science work hand in hand, culminating in mecha (Magitek Armor/Guymelefs)....

Involving a resistance movement on the fringes (Allen Schezar's crew/the Returners)....

That must flee the mighty of the evil empire by leavin burning towns in their wake (Astoria and Fanelia/South Figaro and Narshe)....

And ultimately the evil empire is searching for ancient power (Atlantis/The Three Goddesses)....

With a wacky, instantly recognizable psychopath as the chief lieutenant of the empire (Kefka Palazzo/Dilandau)....

...yeah. Its FF6: The Anime.

Reactions: Hope and Saren
Omg duck tales.

And veggie tales.

Such nostalgia. Much flashback. Very late 90's

Some of my faves.

Sy Fy channel aired them on Weekday mornings. Always loved to catch 'em before school.

Yeah. Knock off show of the Transformers. Only caught it on Cartoon Express and what episodes I had on my brother's VHS.

I wasn't allowed to watch Ren and Stimpy. I had Eek the cat. I waited for the Thunder Lizard Segments, though. Did love Eek though.

Guilty pleasure. Shush. I loved it.

This aired at every 5:30 AM.

Guess I'll drop this here then.

With all the transformer posts I feel the need to post this.

Status
Not open for further replies.