Nostalgic Cartoons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tempest

Floofmami
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Okay, so recently I have been watching Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends. It was one of those shows I loved as a kid and ended up picking silly sayings or habits from. To this day, my mom still doesn't comprehend the whole "potatopotatopotato" thing. That said, I ended up picking the show back up again. And its just one of those cartoons I can't help but remember fondly and still love to this day... While also noticing new things I didn't in the past or actually getting the messages/morals.

So, that said... Anyone else have some cartoons or such they grew up with and still love?

• Love
Reactions: SacredWarrior
maxresdefault.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Tempest
tumblr_n69wbvKlf21sk3pxzo1_500.jpg

To answer the question seriously though?

I wouldn't really say there's any I grew up with that I'd still love today.
Mainly cause the one's growing up were very much under one of two camps:

1) Typical Naruto styled Shonin
2) The Child-Safe "Everyone's Good! Everything's Good!"

The former just bores me cause it's consistent combat that never really gets anywhere.
The latter annoys me because it dumb's down it's content and get's preachy about it.

So yea, call me a boring Adult or something. But I'm one of those people who would much rather have the Anime I watch now than the stuff the TV Channels showed me as a kid.

Reactions: Tempusst
Inspector Gadget. There are a couple other ones but I haven't found them anywhere. Gadget popped up on Hulu. Still holds a place in me.

Flintstones for sure! :D I remember it used to come on like at 12 o'clock back when I was five years old. I'd sit in front of the boxy wooden television, watching it. I absolutely loved the show, and my favourite character was Pebbles. Chibi Greenie was shipping Pebbles with Bamm-Bamm all the way back then XD

Last edited:
If I yell "Gargoyles" into the void frequently enough and with enough enthusiasm, maybe they will bring it back to me.

I can only hope.

It was my favorite as a kid. Tiny me built day plans around it.

• Love
Reactions: Dervish and Tempest

My Saturday morning addiction. You kids don't remember what it's like to have to wait until Saturday or wake up before 7 a.m. to watch cartoons. It was torture.

My Saturday morning addiction. You kids don't remember what it's like to have to wait until Saturday or wake up before 7 a.m. to watch cartoons. It was torture.
I love this song. XD

The most nostalgic one for me is probably Batman: The Animated Series from the first half of the 90s. That shit was great, and most of the shows that followed it and got fan-named the DC Animated Universe were also great.

dude all 90s kids shows were the shit

either the writes got off crack or are on it with these new age cartoons

I watched allot of this as a child ^^

Powerpuff_girls_characters.jpg

I think I'll always love Beast Wars, and a few shows that I haven't eatched recently but loved to death as a kid were Mummies Alive!, Reboot, Stick Around, Cadillacs and Dinosars, Street Sharks, Roughnecks: The Starship Troopers Chronicles (actually, I own this one on DVD, it took some adjustment but it was really enjoyable after the show found its groove), and Shadow Planets I think it was called.

mgid:ao:image:mtv.com:62793

• Love
Reactions: Tempest
I think I'll always love Beast Wars, and a few shows that I haven't eatched recently but loved to death as a kid were Mummies Alive!, Reboot, Stick Around, Cadillacs and Dinosars, Street Sharks, Roughnecks: The Starship Troopers Chronicles (actually, I own this one on DVD, it took some adjustment but it was really enjoyable after the show found its groove), and Shadow Planets I think it was called.
Choice.

My wife got me the DVD Box Set of STC. Real shame it'll never get finished..

As for something I'm gonna start watching today...

Choice.

My wife got me the DVD Box Set of STC. Real shame it'll never get finished..

As for something I'm gonna start watching today...

Without clicking on that video, I still can hear the music and remember most of it. The animation was pretty solid for a 90s show.

I'm so happy I grew up on these:

9db5e53e-79ae-49dd-8943-495257c11eb5.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Tempest and Dervish
Without clicking on that video, I still can hear the music and remember most of it. The animation was pretty solid for a 90s show.
The style was what still makes it appealing. Shame the only ways to watch these classics is torrents most times..

Status
Not open for further replies.