Northern California’s Napa Valley hit by Strongest Earthquake in 25 Years

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Fijoli

Original poster
At 3:20 something AM, I awoke to my bed and home slowly moving back and forth, I instantly knew it was an earthquake, October bounced up and began holding on to his Mac so that it wouldn't fall and going "THIS IS SO COOL!!!" while I was fussing for him to find a flash light after the lights flickered and died out.

We didn't get hit so hard. Sure, our entire house was shaking. Things that hang on our walls started to sway, but our home is intact and we are doing great, Napa however got shook up a bit worse then we did and 80-90 some people have been injured, with some structural damage as well as 100's without power.

I hope that everyone in the area will be alright. I experienced my first Earthquake on the west coast and I am happy to be alive and fortunate to still have my home and October.

Here is some news on the 6.0 M Quake.

Reactions: PureKor
Welcome to the west coast Fijo!

But seriously, glad you guys are okay. For better or worse the nice thing about earthquakes are once they're over other then aftershocks, they're over. Large trucks rolling by might give you a startle for the next few months. That's perfectly normal! Just laugh it off, or shake it off, don't try to be tough cause that just internalizes the anxiety.

The Cali Kids see more then us in the NW but I remember the last big one here, oh boy! They had to construct a new bridge from my side of town to downtown and the road by the lake was closed down for months too. Haven't had any good size ones in a long time. Tick tock tick...

I remember the earthquake I felt in Jersey that hit a few years ago on the east. That is when I began to figure that no where was really safe. This one was closer and no where near as subtle as that one.

Just remember, we are on a living planet. If it were not for plate tectonics we wouldn't be here right now!

• Thank You
Reactions: Fijoli
Tober's reaction... XD I giggled when we got hit with an earthquake here.

But I'm glad to hear you guys are okay cause I was a little worried after reading about it.

• Thank You
Reactions: Fijoli
The worst part was that it woke me up...and He was SLEEPING RIGHT THROUGH IT!!

I had to say his name TWICE, before October even woke up, and once you get past the motion and know what is happening, it wakes you up pretty fast.

• Love
Reactions: Ochalla
I spent my first night in California

On the 10th story of a building

bout a 60 minutes drive from an earthquake

Didn't even notice ^.^;

Status
Not open for further replies.