North vs. South

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the time the sun had started to set, the line had already come to a halt and tents were being set up again. Because of his disability, Willem could not assist them. Instead he chose to sit up against a nearby tree and watch as they put together their fires and collected food from the wagons. He had to admit that he did not see ruthless southern soldiers before him. They were just men who were doing their jobs without question, just like any other soldiers. A pang of guilt flooded him as he wondered how many of them he must have killed in the war so far. It did not bare thinking about. He did what he did to protect his people, or at least that was what he told himself.

Once they stopped for the night Amira went to check on Willem. It didn't take her long to find him sitting with his back against a tree. "Still not well enough to help out or too lazy?" She knew that he wasn't well enough to help out, but she couldn't resist teasing him. She had grown to like him a lot in order to tease him. She never teased anyone except maybe her servants when they refused to call her Amira instead of Princess. "Here let me check you out." She said loud enough so the men around her wouldn't think she was trying to feel him out. In fact that's all she wanted to do. He was a very good looking man with or without his shirt on. She began to "feel" his wounded chest. Something about this man made her do bold things.

He gave her a wry smile at her jest. "If I were lazy I would probably have been dead long before we met." It was a true statement, he reasoned. Had he been lazy in his training as a swordsman he likely would have been killed in battle long ago. He grinned and shook his head as she placed her hand over his chest but made no move to remove the bandages. "Careful. The men might start getting the wrong idea if they see you with your hands all over me." He took her hand and removed it from his chest. He then leaned in closer to her and whispered, barely audible with the raucous going on in the camp. "I will have my own tent tonight. Come visit me when the men have gone to sleep."

Amira had to admit she was getting bold, but she didn't look at the men around her. She just continued to act as if she were taking care of his bandages. She blushed when he mentioned that he would have his own tent and for her to visit him. "I think you're ok now. Just get some rest and I'll come back to check on you in the morning." she said so the others could hear her. She hoped that she didn't sound too cheesy. As she got up she squeezed his hand and left. It was late in the night and everyone was asleep except a few guards who sat around fires at the outskirts of the town. She would have to be very careful as she makes her way to his tent. Thankfully she was able to find out which tent he was in when she went to check on the other wounded soldiers. It didn't take her long to find his tent again and slip quietly inside. Her face was red as she found Willem waiting for her, "I've never sneaked into a man's tent before." she said softly.

He grabbed her hand and pulled her further in, careful not to make too much sound. "It would be quite the scandal if someone were to find you in a tent with a mere merchant trader," he said with a grin on his face. He had all day to convince himself not to get too close to her, but the more he tried the less success he had. He even tried to tell himself that he was betraying Faliya for getting close to another woman. But she had been gone for years now, and it was past time he moved on from her.

He made sure the tent flaps were closed properly before he sat down next to her, placing a gentle hand on her shoulder. "I'm still not quite certain why I suggested this. If we are caught you could lose your freedom, and I could lose my life." His grin broadened at that. "I suppose the danger is part of the appeal."

She laughed softly, "I guess the thrill is exciting, but I do have to say that I enjoy spending time with you. I wish my father wasn't so worried about you stealing me away." She grasped his hand and held it in her lap. "What do we do now?" she asked shyly. She really didn't know what to do. Her face was already flushed with excitement. She began to trace circles with her finger on the back of his hand.

In truth he was not quite sure what to say at all. Most of their conversations had been about past troubles or making plans to get away from anyone who would notice them, and he had no desire to discuss either of those. Finally he decided that he would take his chance. She had agreed to this for a reason, and it was likely the same reason he did. And the redness in her face only confirmed his theory. He placed his good arm around her shoulders and pulled edged her just a little closer to him. "I know what we both want," he said with a mischievous smile. He planted his lips over her's, not able to keep himself from grinning like a fool.

At first she wanted to pull away from the kiss, "What?" but his kiss silenced her. She placed her free hand over his cheek kissing him back. Feelings that she had never experienced exploded through her body. He was right. He knew what they both wanted. She had never been this close to a man before and she had never kissed a man before either. Everything was so new to her that her actions were obviously ignorant of what to do.

His mind went wild as the sweetness of her lips mingled with his. He had been so afraid to bring himself this close to another woman for so long, but he was afraid no longer. After what seemed like and endless time of pure bliss, their lips parted and he was still smiling like an idiot. His arm was still tightly locked around her and he let out a small laugh. "Well that was.... something," was all he could manage to say.

Her hand was still on his cheek. She didn't want the moment to end it was so wonderful. "You know you stole my first kiss." she said with a smile. She didn't move away from him, but laid her head on his chest. Her hand had moved to hold his hand again. "Why can't this last forever?" she asked sadly. "I've never wished to run away before, but it's all I can think about now." She leaned back her head to look up at him. "Is that such a bad thing?"

"I did. And I would steal it again a thousand times." He could not help but smile at her wishful thinking, for it was also a thought of his own. He brushed her hair behind her ear with a calmness that was strange even to him. "I know what you mean. But you know as well as I do why that can never happen. We are royalty, and we have a duty to help our people when they need us most." He knew it was not what she wanted to hear, but their was no point in being dishonest. It would not due to give hope where there was none.

She was amazed that he could care for her so much. After all they had just met. But she was even more surprised that she found that she cared for him just as much. She laughed softly out loud. "You know it amazes me that we have found ourselves in this predicament. What makes you so special that I would sneak out of my tent to seek you out, all the while defying my father?" She couldn't help but ask. He seemed to be such a wise man. He was right that they couldn't abandon their people. She was the only heir to her father's kingdom and he would eventually have her married. These were thoughts that she didn't want to entertain at the moment. She just wanted to enjoy what little time she had with Willem. So she looked up at Willem and gave him another kiss on the lips. She couldn't help herself. He was so intoxicating.

He felt his face turn bright red at the question. "Well, I am the prince of the north. That is what makes me special." He grinned from ear to ear at his comment. He was not usually one to laugh at his own jokes, but he could not help himself this time around. He met her gaze for a long moment and lost himself in her eyes. The dim light of the candles in his tent danced and reflected across her pupils, drawing him to them even more. When she leaned up to kiss him once again, he welcomed it with open arms, running his fingers through her delicate curls.

A small laugh escaped her throat at his comment. She continued the kiss till she had to break away for air. The taste of him on her lips was so invigorating. All she wanted to do was kiss him all night long if she could. She enjoyed his hand caressing her hair. She enjoyed everything about him!

Willem laid his head back on the ground and pulled her down next to him. His shoulder was still sore and bruised all over, but he would not let that get in the way of him spending a few precious moments with Amira. His arm was wrapped snugly around her and he rubbed his hand up and down her arm soothingly. "Normally I would ask you to stay in my tent for the night, but we can't have anyone see you leaving my tent in the morning. They would be quick to assume certain things."

Amira let him pull her down with him, her heart beating faster. She smiled at his comment, "Normally I wouldn't be alone in your tent to begin with." She leaned her head on his shoulder. She was glad that she was laying on his uninjured side so she wouldn't hurt him. "People are always quick to assume when it comes to royalty. It seems like the people always want a good scandle." She loved just staring at him. He was so perfect. "If only my father could get to know you better. He would love you too. I know he would."

He brushed his finger down her cheek. Her skin was as smooth as silk to him. He cherished the feeling of her head resting on his shoulder, and he wanted nothing more than to hold her in his arms for the rest of the night. "Your father is a good man. But unfortunately it is difficult to negotiate with a man who considers you his enemy." He kissed her lightly on the forehead as a means of comfort. "But worry not. We are two brilliant minds working together to find a solution to all of this. I am sure we can come up with something."

Amira laughed, "I think it is you that is brilliant. I'm just a silly princess who wishes the impossible." She reached over and placed her hand on his stomach. She stayed clear of his wounded chest. Her other arm wrapped around his neck. She was also careful to not touch his wounded shoulder. "What do you think would happen if we eloped?" She laughed again "I told you I wish for the impossible." She brought herself closer to Willem till they couldn't be any closer and kissed the corner of his mouth.

He smiled into her eyes and pondered the question. "If we were lucky, we might somehow find a nice place in a distant land while our homes fell through war and blood. But let's face it, we are not that lucky." He leaned his head up against her's and smiled sadly at the prospect of what could never be. "But you should probably leave soon. You don't want to accidentally fall asleep and get caught in the morning. And I would rather not be tempted into dishonoring you by taking your maidenhood."

Her checks flushed at the thought of him taking her maidenhood. "You're right. We aren't that lucky. But I would willing let you take it." She laughed at her silliness. "Look at me now. Here I am a princess who's supposed to be respectable and but I'm in bed. With the prince from the North." She stared into his eyes. They seemed to lock her gaze. She gave him another kiss as she sighed deeply. "Do you know how little I want to move right now? I'm so comfortable," she smiled at him.

Status
Not open for further replies.