"Normal" Things You Find Weird/Annoying

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of my friends and relatives do not cover their mouth when they cough. This bothers me a lot, because you can feel the spittle and germs flying everywhere, and I think it's just rude and gross. But this is considered normal in Korea, so the majority of people don't mind it.

Reactions: Mu
When people hold the door open for me twice after going down a long hallway.

I hate it because you say thanks the first time, and it's all good, but I usually walk faster than other people in hallways (I like to get where I'm going fast so I don't have to deal with people) so if the same person gets to the next door after going down a hallway before me, it means they either picked up the pace, or jogged the last few steps to hold the door for me. And then it feels kind of awkward to say thanks again, because I feel like I'm not thanking them enough with just the 'thank you', even though opening a door for me (me not being disabled or usually carrying a lot of things with me) isn't a big deal.

When a teacher or instructor or entertainer asks for complete silence, even for only a few moments or minutes, and people don't shut up.

When people call and don't leave a voicemail. I hate talking on the phone and if I don't have a good reason to think I know who you are, I don't pick up. If you don't leave a voicemail telling me who you are, I assume you're just spam. But it's more annoying when someone I know doesn't leave a voicemail.

My dad coming into my room in the morning to see if I'm awake. Yes, dad, I'm awake, I just haven't left the room to the bathroom yet. It's been 1 minute after 7. Give it more than 60 seconds.

Teachers either 1) assigning me to work with "problem" students (i.e kids who don't try in class, refuse to do their work, are easily distracted, don't care, not kids with an actual problem learning the material) or 2) seating them around me. In one class, we get to pick our seats if we get an A, and I pick my seat, and immediately have 3 kids who don't give a shit and can't shut the hell up seated around me. Just because I have an A does not mean that seating these kids around me will give them an A. Just because they are near me does not mean I can help them. The only help I can give them is letting them cheat off of my papers which I'm not going to do, so please don't try to use me as a solution to your shitty students.

Alright, one that I remembered reallllly bugs me after going out to eat earlier:

Waiters/waitresses coming to your table half a dozen goddamn times to ask if I need anything or if everything's fine with the meal. Often, this happens when my mouth is full, or there's a conversation going on, or I-just-want-to-be-left-alone-to-eat-in-peace-so-kindly-fuck-off.

I get that pleasing the customer is your job, that you don't want complaints, that it's probably not your call and you're unlikely to enjoy having to pop in to check up on me such an irritatingly excessive amount of times any more than I do. But sometime when I wasn't looking, this became the norm and it's very intrusive and frustrating.

Do the people running these restaurants think we've all lost the ability to flag an employee down when we need something/are unhappy? Is it too much to ask to be able to dine out and for my only interaction with the waiter/waitress to be that they take my order and then later show up with the check? Or should I just stay in my lair like a hermit and eat fast food and TV dinners for the rest of my life?

Relatedly, perky, talkative wait staff and America's obscene food portions. I don't want to have a chat with you, dinner jockey, nor do I want to walk out feeling like a bloated tick.

People leaving voicemails.

For one reason, my Phone for the moment is being stupid and isn't letting me check my voice mails.
So if you leave me one I have this notice on my phone telling me to check it, but I can't get rid of it because the phone won't let me check it.
Actually, my momma taught me not to do that since I was young. It's a great way to end up getting other people's sicknesses, especially nasty stuff like meningitis.
Well, sharing it with sick people is an obvious exception where it's just unhealthy to do so.
I'm just talking about the casual sharing though among two completely healthy individuals.

Last edited:
Well, sharing it with sick people is an obvious exception where it's just unhealthy to do say.
I'm just talking the casual sharing though among two completely healthy individuals.
Some people can be asymptomatic carriers. Others can be incubating it and still spread the germs.
emot-tinfoil.gif

But I'll admit that it's probably pretty normal to see people sharing stuff. They just really shouldn't.

True. The risks of such things are minimal though.
Granted I agree it is logical to simply avoid it when you can.

But it is a normal/common behaviour, one that I get really freaked out by.

The sound of anyone chewing or breathing that isn't me. Also, whispering.

When people are eating with utensils and they let it hit their teeth. It makes a bad sound.

Also when they use their teeth to pull food off their fork. For certain foods yes, but for soup, use your lips, they form a better seal.

weird fandom fetishes, or techincally WRITER'S MOTHER'S FUCKING BLOCK

WANT TO WRITE
FUCK IT
WANT TO WORK ON HOME WORK THAT DUE TOMMORROW
WRITER'S BLOCK IT
WANNA RP
YAY
WRITER'S BLOCK IT.

when everyone uses a bar at the grocery store check out register... when youre in the express line

Like df... i have one item, you have one item and that dude has 2... you dont think we can all figure that shit out on our own?
Like does that bar make you feel secure?
Its not a amusement park bar... learn to let go and toss ya hands in the air.

When people push into the bus queue after school. Fuck you.

I earned my place here and you just think you can just butt in and 'be with your friends'?
Bus queues have a very competitive environment. :timebomb:

People who talk in the theater, that shit sends you right to

giphy.gif

When people ask me any personal questions whatsoever while I am working.

Please don't

I'm not into people judging other people, haters of fandoms coming on there hated fandom and trolling about it. Being defined by your learning disability.

Reactions: Kagayours
Status
Not open for further replies.