"Normal" Things You Find Weird/Annoying

Status
Not open for further replies.
When people on the train/bus/any sort of public transportation don't automatically offer their seat to the elderly/pregnant women/the disabled or injured. Especially the ones who are sitting in the seats specifically for them! It pisses me off that I offer my seat and I'm at the center of the train (or whatever I'm on).

I also find Skype annoying sometimes. I really can't stand those who need to voice ALL THE TIME. Sometimes, I just don't want to voice and rather send everything in a message, especially if I won't be on Skype that long.

I don't get social media. I just don't get it...

I'm not sure if anybody else has this problem, but its normal for me and it drives me insane, so

People laugh at me no matter what I'm saying, even if I'm talking about a serious subject. They say that its the way I word things and the tones I use that make it funny even if what I'm saying isn't. I don't know what about my wording or tones makes some of these things funny to people, and I know making people laugh isn't a bad thing, but its really frustrating to be talking about a serious issue and have the person I'm talking to unable to contain their laughter. Every time. My mother is especially bad with it, I literally cant talk about anything with her without her cracking up. Its a really small thing in the scope of everything, but it does bother me a lot. More than it probably should.

The noise people make when they kiss in movies makes me want to barf.

The word Hostage. I don't know why i don't like it. I prefer other words like "captive" Or Prisoner. Hostage just seems like a weird word to me.

As someone who has naturally greasy hair, if my hair is washed before I go to sleep
Is that true? I used to wash my hair everyday, a missed day was grease central. But your hair actually produces oil to compensate the rate at which you wash it off. I changed two things about my routine: conditioner, and alternating shampoo days with just a simple water rinse.

It's going to suck for a month or two, but once your hair adapts, it gets soooooooo much more manageable in terms of grease. The second day feels completely normal for me now!

Is that true? I used to wash my hair everyday, a missed day was grease central. But your hair actually produces oil to compensate the rate at which you wash it off. I changed two things about my routine: conditioner, and alternating shampoo days with just a simple water rinse.

It's going to suck for a month or two, but once your hair adapts, it gets soooooooo much more manageable in terms of grease. The second day feels completely normal for me now!
But this doesn't affect the morning showers vs bedtime showers argument!

It's your own sweat, what's not to love? Only applies to people with crumbly earwax and a bean free diet.

I DESPISE it when people call my name and when I answer, no one answers back, causing me to repeat myself. That just aggravates me to no end. DON'T FUCKING CALL ME UNLESS YOU WANT SOMETHING!!! Or if it's an emergency (which I say under my breath).

People tend to have a hard time saying or spelling my damn name (which is Corethra (sorry if that's too personal) properly and I always end up having to repeat myself which is slightly aggravating.

Onions. I just hate them so much that I can't eat anything that has onions in it. *gags*

Social Justice Warriors. Need I really say more with that?

People who have ignorant/asshole opinions and thoughts on things that I enjoy or am passionate about. I know everyone's entitled to their own opinion and all but the last time I checked opinions are the medium between knowledge and understanding.

Elitists.

People who whine and act like spoiled brats and have annoying voices in the process. I just wanna punch them in the face.

I hate it when people don't stand up for themselves. Honestly that irks me to death. Yeah sometimes it isn't worth it but as far as I'm concerned, if you do NOT stand up for yourself, you're giving the message to whoever is bothering you that it is OKAY to do so. I've even had arguments with dumbasses who I say they can't protect themselves when THEY FUCKING CAN. Adults at that. Not kids btw.

When I give advice to someone that should be super obvious and they don't take it and then they come crying and bitching to me about the consequences, I just wanna slap them. ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS?

Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
Scaring people... On purpose, I'm somewhat okay with this. But I tend to scare people accidentally a lot and many of them have very exaggerated startle reflexes that spook me right back.

Chocolate with salt... I know lots of people really like this combination, but I just... It's the wickedest trick to me. Mmmmm chocolate! Aghk! Salt!

The word like. I say it far too much.

People assuming that because I'm not speaking up, people are running over me roughshod. Trust me, if I care about the choice being made or whatever is being said, I will speak up and won't go along with it if I don't want to.

Switching sides if I'm walking beside someone. I have no idea why, but if I'm walking specifically on someone's left for a while, and then we get out of line and wind up with me on their right, it just feels weird. Same goes for walking three in a row, I much prefer to be walking ahead or behind.

Phone conversations I can hear but would really rather not. I really don't think people should talk on the phone unless absolutely necessary when on public transit. Or at least learn how to moderate their speaking volume....

Phone conversations
This reminds me of a thing, actually. Another for my list!

I just hate talking on the phone. Texting? No problem. Talking on the phone? It makes me feel just... weird and wrong and oogie and no.

Talking in person? Fine. Over skype with video? Fine. Skype without video? Still fine. Phone call? Please no.

They do not look cool. At all. It was not a choker, or anything of that sort. It was a dog collar on a man, with a little heart tag you put the dog's name on.

You're a girl, so it's somewhat more acceptable, but, I think you know what I mean.
Maybe the guy was a submissive, and was into puppy play or something of the sort. Maybe he was told my his Dom/Domme to wear it out.

Maybe it makes him happy to do something like that. It's not really a place for you to judge and say it"doesn't look cool." Maybe it doesn't look cool, but to him, it does.

It's just like with people with a million piercings all over them, does it annoy me? Yes. Am I gonna say it isn't cool? No. If it makes them happy, so be it. Don't go around bashing someone's life choices.

-end rant-

Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
Maybe the guy was a submissive, and was into puppy play or something of the sort. Maybe he was told my his Dom/Domme to wear it out.

Maybe it makes him happy to do something like that. It's not really a place for you to judge and say it"doesn't look cool." Maybe it doesn't look cool, but to him, it does.

It's just like with people with a million piercings all over them, does it annoy me? Yes. Am I gonna say it isn't cool? No. If it makes them happy, so be it. Don't go around bashing someone's life choices.

-end rant-
To be fair, while I do agree with like, most of your point here... what they were doing is kind of the point of this thread. Like this thread is about complaining about things other people do, and wearing a thing is doing a thing. So while you, I, and others, disagree, they're being 'okay'... I guess.

Hrm, but I guess you could argue that it's not 'normal' and so it doesn't apply, but eh. It's fine. No one needs to get all up in arms.

To be fair, while I do agree with like, most of your point here... what they were doing is kind of the point of this thread. Like this thread is about complaining about things other people do, and wearing a thing is doing a thing. So while you, I, and others, disagree, they're being 'okay'... I guess.

Hrm, but I guess you could argue that it's not 'normal' and so it doesn't apply, but eh. It's fine. No one needs to get all up in arms.
Basically this is the "you can't judge us for judging" thread.

Reactions: Gonzo

That's true.

My bad guys. :p

Basically this is the "you can't judge us for judging" thread.
Basically. You damn dirty phone-call talking freaks. And uh... fuck I forget what else I judged in here. I can only remember my thing about phone calls. Dammit.

Reactions: Gonzo

I just hate talking on the phone. Texting? No problem. Talking on the phone? It makes me feel just... weird and wrong and oogie and no.

Talking in person? Fine. Over skype with video? Fine. Skype without video? Still fine. Phone call? Please no.
All of this, except for Skype with video because...

I hate being photographed or video taped or similar things like using a webcam. There's no good reason for it, I just irrationally hate it.

Also people getting all up in my personal space. The worst are those people who like pat you on the shoulder and such when talking to you. I'm sure they mean to be friendly or something but seriously fuck off.

I hate being photographed or video taped or similar things like using a webcam. There's no good reason for it, I just irrationally hate it.
I understand that to a degree. Like I can take being on webcam and stuff, but you take out a camera to take my picture? FUCK OFF NO GET AWAY FUCK YOU. Also being recorded like, on film in general. Streaming is fine, being recorded isn't. And only my physical image though. Specifically my face.

I can handle phone calls just fine, it's video calls that I simply just cannot stand, I just can't. It's seeing myself off in the corner of the screen that really gets to me, like it makes me super self conscious about how I look and I don't enjoy it at all. Plus with video calls it's pretty much impossible to make eye contact with somebody because you're looking at the screen and not the camera; I just find that to be a little bit awkward (and this is coming from a guy who has trouble making eye contact IRL).

Skype without video? Still fine. Phone call? Please no.
This is... this is effectively the same thing, no?

I hate being photographed or video taped or similar things like using a webcam.
but you take out a camera to take my picture? FUCK OFF NO GET AWAY FUCK YOU. Also being recorded like, on film in general.
It's seeing myself off in the corner of the screen that really gets to me, like it makes me super self conscious about how I look and I don't enjoy it at all.
All this stuff.

Does it qualify as "normal" for people to tell you to smile? It seems pretty common for total strangers to try and dictate the way I set my face. Probably meant harmlessly enough, but still grating. I smile when I have natural occasion to do so, I don't affect one to please perky passers-by. Same goes for its inverse, "Don't frown."

I don't have as many things as other people, but here's one that came to mind right away.

When someone rubs a part of my body for too long. It actually becomes physically painful and makes me feel so sick to my stomach. I have no idea why, like, I will be perfectly fine and then it's like I've suddenly hit a wall and can't handle it any more and need to pull away.

Status
Not open for further replies.