Noragami: Path of Fortune

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Hitomi Forsyth

You were born in a place known as the Far Shore, you who were born from the wish of human hearts, you are a God and you watch over the Near Shore granting human wishes when you hear their voices and they pay your toll. As a God you have a duty to fulfill the wishes of humans who come to you because if someone doesn't believe in you somewhere out there you will disappear, the sad but true fate of a God. You wield weapons known as Regalia, these Regalia are souls of innocent humans who haven't been corrupted by Phantoms. For a God these Regalia mean you can fight Phantoms who threaten the happiness and life of humans all through the ages.

Recently though there have been many more denizens of the Far Shore coming and causing a ruckus for the human world, Phantoms seem to be possessing more and more humans by the day the Gods are struggling with their duties to grant wishes even and it seems the world is facing a danger that no one has predicted, a rogue God who is causing trouble all over the world, as a God yourself you are investigating the one behind all this trouble problem is they don't leave any clues behind so how does one find a God that doesn't wish to be found?

~~~

You are a human soul, deceased and long dead yet the Phantoms have not yet corrupted you and you were found by one of the Gods and given a new name, two separate names, one for you to live as a human and one for you to be your Master's weapon. Humans are prone to sin though, and without your memories of how you lived life as a human who knows what you may be tempted to do? It doesn't help that the only ones who can see you are Gods and other Regalia, so the question is can you handle the burden of living as a human without being able to interact with the people you see surrounding you all the time and do you have the courage to face off with dangerous Phantoms to fight by your Masters side?

~~~

Character Sheet (God: 3 Spots open)
God of?:
Name:
Appearance: (Image or description is fine)
Your Wish:
Your Regalia: (This can be filled out later when it's decided who's paired with who.)
Preferred Weapon:
Do you have a Shrine?:
Personality:
Quirks:
Weaknesses:
Strengths:
Your Fee to Grant a Wish: (There's a reason. I'm playing but I've also got to game master this.)
Opinion on Nora:
History:

Character Sheet (Regalia: 3 Spots Open)
Your Master's Name?:
Your Name:
Appearance: (Image or description is fine)
Age of Death:
Your Wish:
Your Form and Name as a Weapon:
Personality:
Quirks:
Weaknesses:
Strengths:
History: (remember your character won't remember this but your God needs to know it.)
Would you risk your name for your Master?: (Again reasons for this are necessary, remember a Blessed Vessel is a rare thing.)
Are You a Nora?: (Oh yes there can be ONE of these...which could make for interesting story development.)

1. Be kind and courteous to your other role players, that's a definite necessity.

2. Use this Thread for OOC chatter or when you get a partner you can talk with them through PM but if it's plot changing talk to me too please? Remember I'm Game Master and I'm more than willing to discuss different things with you I'm not closed minded! Don't be afraid to talk to me! ^w^ <3

3. Let me know what sort of role you want down below, a God or a Regalia, we need to balance this out and I'll not claim any spot until everyone else has picked so I can cover whatever we don't have.

4. Have Fun! This is the whole point, so don't fight please?

5. Um...let's see...I'll Like your post to approve of your claim on a spot so then you can just edit that post and use it to post your Character sheet, oh yeah and try to not be too OP if you get a God spot!

6. Oh yeah, if you wanna be a Nora...well don't tell anyone else! PM me about it. cuz if you pick this yer gonna be my little helper for story kay? (If others want it too...well...I'll just have to decide who gets in another way. Probably by seeing an RP sample...or something...)

7. Oh! No one lines or god modding. You know none of that. "she kicks you and tosses you back against the wall" and more of like... "She aims a kick at your stomach that if it lands would send you flying into a wall." During fight type scenes especially if fighting another RPer and that is all!

Thanks for reading all this! I hope you weren't entirely bored I look forward to playing with all of you!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll reserve a regalia! Open to anyone who wants to be the God for my regalia!

Reactions: Arius LaVari
I'd like to reserve a God ! Mind being my Regalia ? If so , are you playing an OC or canon ?

Love the chibi Spiderman pole dancing , by the way . (^_^)ノ
das not Spider man... XD That's Deadpool who always flirts with Spiderman. XD

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
I'd like to reserve a God ! Mind being my Regalia ? If so , are you playing an OC or canon ?

Love the chibi Spiderman pole dancing , by the way . (^_^)ノ
Yeah definitely! :) Deadpool dancing on a dead pole is just awesome lol

Reactions: Makomin
Hmm so that's one pair decided already then! That was quick. but it is a small group so...hopefully this doesn't just keel over and die. @.@'

I think I'll settle with a Regalia, if that's alright.

tumblr_inline_nf7fl7oHRB1qeffsd.png

Character Sheet (Regalia: 3 Spots Open)
Your Master's Name?:

Ryth
Your Name:
Kiyoshi [BCOLOR=transparent]{ [/BCOLOR]淳[BCOLOR=transparent] }[/BCOLOR]
Appearance:
Kiyoshi seems to dress in a more punk-rock type of style, though a majority of his clothing consists of a simple pair of dark blue jeans and a black long sleeved or white button down shirt. Of course his various ear piercings, raven locks and striking blue hair often make him pop out more in a crowd. Kiyoshi is of average height with a lean build, due to the various experiences he's had during his brief time in a local boxing club. Despite the lively looking shade of bright blue eyes, there's a look of exhaustion lingering in them.
Age of Death:
Seventeen
Your Wish:
To be of use to someone- preferably to his master
Your Form and Name as a Weapon:
Naoki { 直樹 } is the name Kiyoshi commonly goes by as a weapon, the one his intended master gave him. In his weapon form, Kiyoshi takes on the form of a fan. // update! soon

Personality:
Kiyoshi happens to be a fairly enthusiastic about things concerning animals and music in general. Despite the liveliness that's present there.. he can easily become flustered and prone to anxiety in midst of a party. The confident facade he shows is a front he puts up simply to handle the bundle of nerves contained inside of him. He does come across as strange due to his odd mannerisms and jaded perspective of life.
Quirks:
- Kiyoshi will deny it but he has a terrible habit of sleep talking.
- On the occasion that he finds an animal nearby.. be prepared to hear him chatting with the animal.
Weaknesses:
Fire, loyalty, recklessness, bad judge of character, and climbing.
Strengths:
Close combat, perseverance, directions, long distance running and information gathering.
History:
Kiyoshi's life had been relatively boring and unchanging, excluding those brief moments where he'd be sent from one foster home to the next. He was a pessimistic child during those times, which explained his growing desire for a better life. Despite his good intentions, Kiyoshi slowly found himself beginning to steal from other families and his fellow classmates. Naturally, it didn't help that he ended up joining the wrong crowd and allowing himself to partake in various activities that he knew was wrong to begin with. Nevertheless, this activity of his would be his misfortune in the long run. It would only be on the eve of his seventeenth birthday that he finally found himself caught in a situation he couldn't escape from. One rough beating had ended up being his misdoing.
Would you risk your name for your Master?:
If Kiyoshi felt confident in his partnership with his master, it's very likely he'll end up risking his own name for them- regardless of what could occur to him in the process.
Are You a Nora?: (Oh yes there can be ONE of these...which could make for interesting story development.)

original.gif

Susanoo Mikoto

Tenki no kamisama
須佐之男
God of?: 天気の神様 - God of Weather
Appearance: A light blue jacket combined with a heavy black shirt underneath, Black pants that are tucked underneath the folds of hightop black boots. In general aspect he carries around goggles just in case he decides to change something for the day.
Your Wish: Classified
Your Regalia: Not decided
Preferred Weapon: A long black staff extending slightly above his height, at the top forms a circle and 4 large black rings, 2 on each side of the loop.
Do you have a Shrine?: Yes

tumblr_n5qhasirmN1rm0imuo2_500.gif

Personality: Quiet, observant more than talkative. In general you won't see him discuss his feelings or interest or even opinion for that matter but only through his action may you find what he truly thinks. Because of his observant attitude he knows much and can benefit largely in anyones goals due to him being very wise and knowledgeable. He wears modern clothing to not attract attention when in public and he is able to make his weapon invisible so he may walk amongst his followers and mortals without standing out from the crowd.
Weaknesses: Anyone that can get near him could probably kick his ass
Strengths: dont challenge him to a long range match
Your Fee to Grant a Wish: Cook something for him, if it pleases him then he will grant the wish. Another way is to break 3 fingers and then call for him: ''Tenki no Kamisama!''
Opinion on Nora: Will update will IC starts
History: Can't think of one right now, will update later on or tell it in IC.

That's completely fine. So that leaves...me and one other person and from what I remember she wanted to be Yukine the Regalia...
That's me! I'll have my Yukine CS in either tonight or tomorrow

-claps her hands together- Well then! I guess we're the only canon characters! I'll do Yato then. Can't have a Yukine without a Yato can we? ^.^
There's no way Yato can become a popular god without his blessed regalia. Love your gif btw!

• Love
Reactions: Hitomi Forsyth
[fieldbox="Taiyō no megami, goldenrod, solid"]

amaterasu_____render_____by_yami_kaira-d6pkays.png

God of:
Goddess of the Sun (太陽の女神)

Name:
Amaterasu

Appearance:
Amaterasu has white long hair that reaches her mid-back , with a pair of gold pupils that compliments her eyes . She stands at 5 feet 5 inches , weighing at approximately 121 lbs . She is also often seen wearing her white yukata . Although , when she is in her battle stance , Amaterasu is seen wearing a pair of black-leathered pants , alongside an armor top that is made of light titanuim and a pair of boots .

Your Wish:
- To ensure that the sun hits even the darkest of hearts .

Your Regalia:
Masao Nakahara - Mayonaka (真夜中)

Preferred Weapon:
A pair of silver titanium rifles with ancient carvings on it , and a black cloth tied to the grip , to remind her that her Regalia is protecting her and as such , she must do the same .

Do you have a Shrine:
1712000-bigthumbnail.jpg

Personality:
The Goddess , Amaterasu , is seen as a cunning and merciless God , but in truth , she is the complete opposite . She is very sociable and friendly . Many might even call her bubbly . But in the case of her being merciless , it can be confirmed if anyone close to her or any innocent being is harmed . The Goddess of the Sun then depends on her Regalia to make sure she doesn't step over the line . Also , being the Goddess of the Sun contributes to the fact that she is hot-tempered but she is very loyal . She is also adventurous and daring which may lead herself and others into trouble . Basically , she's exactly like the Sun , selfless .

Quirks:
- Doesn't have a sense of personal space at times and will hug anyone she wants on sight .
- When she feels extremely sad or depressed , she will use her finger to push up at the bridge of her nose to make her look like a pig , in an attempt to cheer herself up .

Weaknesses:
- An innocent being in danger or harmed .
- Her Regalia .

Strengths:
- The prayers she receives .
- Far-ranged combat .

Your Fee to Grant a Wish:
A small offering , no matter what , to be placed on her shrine and a prayer of gratitude .

Opinion on Nora:
"Noras ? Well , I don't hate them , but I don't dislike them . A Regalia is bonded emotionally and physically to their master . If they can ensure no harm to their masters , then fine . But many bring about distress . I just hope that they know what they are doing because not only their masters will get hurt ." .

History:
Amaterasu was one of the very few Goddesses that existed even before humanity . She was born due to the request of the God of Gods , so that Earth , and its being plus other planets may live in harmony with each other . But over the years until now , Amaterasu has been reincarnated over four times . The current Amaterasu was not given much of the royalty services given to her past reincarnations . As such , she had to make her way through life as a regular God , doing odd jobs and living as a human does , and so , she knows the difficulty of life itself . A few decades before she had met Masao , her current Regalia , another Regalia , Kuro , was in service of her . She not only was her Regalia , but she was quite a close friend of hers . The only thing was , she was a Nora , and Amaterasu had no idea of it . Because she had many masters , Kuro found her way into deep trouble , and one day , before Amaterasu's eyes , she was killed . From that day onwards , she swore that if possible , she wouldn't risk having a Regalia . That was until a century later when she found the soul of Nakao , now known as Mayonaka , wandering around the icy remains of a pool of frozen water . She knew she couldn't just leave him there , and as such , she make him her Sekki . From then on , she made sure that Mayonaka was always safe from harm , at least from what she could do , and fulfilled her duties as the Goddess of the Sun .
[/fieldbox]

tumblr_n014t8hxGY1s8egydo1_500.gif

God of?: Calamity

Name: Yato 夜ト

Appearance: A young man appearing to be in his early twenties, he wears a scarf around his neck and a track suit, he has crazy blue eyes that always seem to glow gently, he's slim in build but that belies his strength, he's actually pretty powerful, otherwise he's pretty plain.

Your Wish: To be a well known God.

Your Regalia: Yukine

Preferred Weapon: Blade

Noragami-image-noragami-36485135-500-338.gif

Do you have a Shrine?: Kinda sorta basically yes...?

Personality: He's cheerful and random and quite energetic pretty much all the time. He's pretty lax in granting wishes for people and will do it for pretty much anyone. He can be kind of strict when he needs to be but that's not often. He's always trying to be busy since he wants to be a well known God so he draws his name and number on walls and various places to get work, if he doesn't have any he's lazy, likes to avoid chores as much as possible, he's fairly playful when talking to pretty much everyone though, though unpopular he doesn't totally lack charisma he can say something amazing every once in awhile! He's also protective of others despite his attitude though he is the type who just does what he wants.

fee0bd4ef3e04db91a4ec63b8bec61e2.gif

Quirks: Tends to get over excited and exaggerates about a lot of things, can be too hyper sometimes.

Weaknesses: People he cares about mostly, such as Yukine and Hiyori. Can lose his temper and falter towards being like his old self sometimes as well.

Strengths: He's great in sword play, is swift on his feet, he seems to be far more intelligent than one would think upon first meeting him.

Your Fee to Grant a Wish: 5 Yen

Opinion on Nora: He's used one so he doesn't exactly shun them but he's not very fond of them either.

History: As previously mentioned he's a God of Calamity, back then he fulfilled any wish that someone wanted granted. No matter what it was, even killing people with the Nora that he wielded back then. He once fought beside another God of Calamity a long time back but he was definitely the guy to go to when you wanted someone killed. At the request of a certain Regalia he once killed the corrupted clan of Bishamonten's which had her hating him for a really long time. He's always gone through Regalia quickly for some reason and has sadly always been unpopular so how he still hasn't disappeared is a mystery, though someone must believe in him, though recent history has left him with a rather devoted believer. He has been through quite a bit and doesn't normally talk about his past much so it's a mystery to most of the people who know him.

[fieldbox="Taiyō no megami, goldenrod, solid"]

amaterasu_____render_____by_yami_kaira-d6pkays.png

God of:
Goddess of the Sun (太陽の女神)

Name:
Amaterasu

Appearance:
Amaterasu has white long hair that reaches her mid-back , with a pair of gold pupils that compliments her eyes . She stands at 5 feet 5 inches , weighing at approximately 121 lbs . She is also often seen wearing her white yukata . Although , when she is in her battle stance , Amaterasu is seen wearing a pair of black-leathered pants , alongside an armor top that is made of light titanuim and a pair of boots .

Your Wish:
- To ensure that the sun hits even the darkest of hearts .

Your Regalia:
(Will be edited later)

Preferred Weapon:
(Will be edited later)

Do you have a Shrine:
1712000-bigthumbnail.jpg

Personality:
The Goddess , Amaterasu , is seen as a cunning and merciless God , but in truth , she is the complete opposite . She is very sociable and friendly . Many might even call her bubbly . But in the case of her being merciless , it can be confirmed if anyone close to her or any innocent being is harmed . The Goddess of the Sun then depends on her Regalia to make sure she doesn't step over the line . Also , being the Goddess of the Sun contributes to the fact that she is hot-tempered but she is very loyal . She is also adventurous and daring which may lead herself and others into trouble . Basically , she's exactly like the Sun , selfless .

Quirks:
- Doesn't have a sense of personal space at times and will hug anyone she wants on sight .
- When she feels extremely sad or depressed , she will use her finger to push up at the bridge of her nose to make her look like a pig , in an attempt to cheer herself up .

Weaknesses:
- An innocent being in danger or harmed .
- Her Regalia .

Strengths:
- The prayers she receives .
- Far-ranged combat .

Your Fee to Grant a Wish:
A small offering , no matter what , to be placed on her shrine and a prayer of gratitude .

Opinion on Nora:
"Noras ? Well , I don't hate them , but I don't dislike them . A Regalia is bonded emotionally and physically to their master . If they can ensure no harm to their masters , then fine . But many bring about distress . I just hope that they know what they are doing because not only their masters will get hurt ." .

History:
Amaterasu was one of the very few Goddesses that existed even before humanity . She was born due to the request of the God of Gods , so that Earth , and its being plus other planets may live in harmony with each other . But over the years until now , Amaterasu has been reincarnated over four times . The current Amaterasu was not given much of the royalty services given to her past reincarnations . As such , she had to make her way through life as a regular God , doing odd jobs and living as a human does , and so , she knows the difficulty of life itself . About a few hundred years ago , she had managed to obtain a shrine and from then on , she has been fulfilling her duty as the Goddess of the Sun .
[/fieldbox]
If we're going by folklore your character is my character's sister.

Reactions: Arius LaVari
Status
Not open for further replies.