Noob BBCoder

Y

yasei no shika

Not really into fancy-shmacy coding, but... I always gets messed up. Can rich-text editor be disabled? It fills in a lot of stuff when I make a mistake or miss something and it just gets me stumped. I'm a noob at coding stuff and probably won't graduate from that but man, with code popping up when I haven't typed them when I edit makes me want to tear my hair off.

Reactions: Greenie
Hiya there!

It sure can be disabled! Just click this little button in the corner of the text box!

upload_2018-3-30_0-49-49.png

I do that. Though.... hmm.... so, if I make a BBCode mistake, its helpful coding help (rich text editor) won't happen? Cuz seeing code repeating and finding how to fix it is... hell :banghead:

I sometimes forget to that, actually.

I forgot to mention that a more permanent way is to untick the box in your preferences.

Also yeah, if you turn it off then you won't see any of the rich text editing, although previewing under more options is useful there and will show the changes made.

upload_2018-3-30_1-1-4.png

• Thank You
Reactions: yasei no shika
It's kind of an all or nothing situation. Either you get the mixed bag of helpfulness that is the Rich Text Editor, or you're on your own with the BB Code Editor. You can entirely turn the RTE off in your Preferences menu by deselecting the "Use the rich text editor to create and edit messages" option. EDIT: Ninja Greenie beat me with this info with a helpful image guide. :o

However, you can bounce between them to get the best of both worlds. I usually have a copy of my posts sitting in a Notepad just in case something is broken when I go to preview it in the Rich Text Editor, which then leads to me swapping to the BB Code Editor to see what's wrong so I can go fix it in the Notepad version that has not become garbled by the RTE. That minimizes the problems I encounter with the RTE, because I never have to deal with all the extra coding chunks it likes to add in when something is broken.