Non-Sexual Fanservice

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Razilin

Original poster
List your favorite (non-sexual) moments of fanservice!

I still remember the NERDITY that ensued when this post-credits scene showed up in Iron Man (2008)

Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
Um, pretty much this entire Fuller House first season. O___O There's so much fan service in there I died with love.

Every time Dean and Castiel have eyesex <3

And cute stuff like when one character is scared so the other grabs their hand or touches their shoulder or otherwise nonverbally comforts them

It's gotta be [BCOLOR=#000000]SPOILERS[/BCOLOR] from the Seven Deadly Sins manga. For sure, hands down.

Reactions: Razilin

This nonsense. I lol'd back when I first saw it.
Lucky star is like 80-90% fan service at any given time

"Butlers should be named Sebastian" is one of my faves

the-expendables-movie-poster-2010-1020554232.jpg

The_Expendables_3_14048525829450.jpg

the-expendables-2-poster.jpg

All of this.

The more recent seasons of Doctor Who have been so absolutely full of fanservice for long-time fans and especially Classic Who fans. I don't even know where to start.

Also, the Steven Universe episode "Log Date 7 15 2". Just... the entire episode. Pretty much pure fanservice, and I loved it.

Oh! And that one trainer in Pokemon X/Y that referenced the "I like shorts! They're comfy and easy to wear!" guy from the original games. I don't remember the exact line of dialogue that the X/Y trainer had, but I definitely remember them making that reference. XD

Lucky star is like 80-90% fan service at any given time

"Butlers should be named Sebastian" is one of my faves
Ugh, fine. You guys have convinced me to watch Lucky Star. I keep hearing about it, so although it's not what I usually watch, I'm gonna watch it anyway(and read the manga.)

the-expendables-movie-poster-2010-1020554232.jpg

The_Expendables_3_14048525829450.jpg

the-expendables-2-poster.jpg

All of this.

As soon as I saw that Expendables 3 was PG-13 and directed by the dillhole who helmed that terribad Olympus Has Fallen pile, I avoided it like a monkey that has been incubating an ebola/SARS/Spanish Flu hybrid in its rectum for the past 5 years and suddenly, and quite violently, sprayed its liquid constant and corn-filled payload all over everyone's unsuspecting cold sore ridden faces.

Ugh, fine. You guys have convinced me to watch Lucky Star. I keep hearing about it, so although it's not what I usually watch, I'm gonna watch it anyway(and read the manga.)
ONE OF US. ONE OF US. ONE OF US.

xD

My only caution would be that I'm not kidding about the percentage of fanservice; there are probably at least a couple hundred references to other animes/games/mangas/trends of otaku culture in there. The less experienced may feel a little lost.

if "less experienced" Isn't a description that fits you though, dive on in! It's a great show. It CAN be appreciated without getting all the references and jokes they drop, but it's better if you understand them :P

Apparently the anime 'Gate' isn't popular enough for this scene to be up as a video. >.<

When they're all sleeping out in the middle of the forest, and three countries special services are trying to infiltrate.
The CIA's agents are nicknamed "Archer", "Saber" and "Lancer" and their confirmation code is "The Holy Grail is full!".

Last edited:
They thought I wouldn't notice dis in the new Godzilla. Haaaaaaaaah!
godzilla_2014_mothra_easter_egg_by_roy_sodiron-d802bv1_zpsc3wqxfjw.png

Status
Not open for further replies.