Nomad: Necro Rising | Part 02 - Black Paws

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eric turned so he wouldn't take the blow at full force, but it was still hard. Luckily for him, when he turned, it hit just below his ribs, but if it had hit them, he'd have been in some trouble. "Fuck you," He coughed out. "I'm not even French dimwit. I'm American!" Though he had just insulted him again, he did look at him with new respect. He nodded ever so slightly, to acknowledge him.

Audrey couldn't help but continue feeling uneasy, she knew NO ONE could naturally smile that creepily without meaning to! Halberd had assured he wouldn't kill the group, saying he'd gain nothing from it and after giving a short look around Audrey silently agreed. She watched closely as he pulled the canteen out of his bag and then walked forwards a bit to bend down a pick it up. She wasn't to fond of protein shakes but...it's not like there was a choice. Opening it gently she smelled the inside before taking pouring a bit in to her mouth without letting it touch her lips. She must've been drinking it wrong since she started to cough from the liquid going too fast. Using her right arm, or what was left, she wiped some of her lips before hearing what else Halberd had to say. Shelter....he was offering shelter! Maybe she had misjudged him~! Unless.....no no, maybe...he actually was being nice. Audrey then noticed Eric and Jacob heading in a different direction, not getting far enough till they began to argue. She let out a sigh and then looked at the canteen before walking forwards a bit more now joining Diesel.
"Since you're offering....I'd be willing to follow..I mean, you did give up an important resource" She said softly, purposefully avoiding looking directly at him and holding up the canteen.

Diesel looks over at Audrey choking on the protein shake, awaiting her and the others' decisions. Finally, she walked over, talking to Halberd and handing him the canteen. Well, least I'm not the only one going with this guy. He thinks to himself, smiling the smallest bit. I mean, she's an amputee and all, but still, it's the thought that counts, right? With that last thought, Diesel turns a bit towards her, giving a double thumbs-up, due to having no other way to actually communicate appreciation.

Jacob + Eric - The fight has left you both injured somewhat, and you're both short of breath as the places that hit you were, in deep pain. Before you can throw more insults or fight against each other anymore, Anton throws himself between you two with a stern look, making sure you two wouldn't fight again as he keeps his hands close to his knife.
"That's quite enough, men!" Anton barks sternly, shaking his head for a few seconds as he tipped down his wool beret for a moment, then he looks between you two with his stern, greyish blue eyes.
"If you two want to go off fighting each other, at least don't do it in front of the child! She doesn't have to see that..." He mutters, shaking his head a little, and he takes a deep breath, as he looks up again.
"Yeah. I'll be damned if I go with that... Halberd... kid. Sounds full of himself, and there's something not right about him. His eyes... I don't trust em'. Never seen a colour like that before. But for the sake of the kid, I'm off to scavenge the town off west. It's the best chance for something... you don't have to follow me. Although. I do owe you one, Eric, for saving me back there. Maybe I even the scores, hmm?" Anton says with a slight smile, then looks up again as he faces to the west.
"Anyway. I'm off west. I'll see you two for now, don't go killing each other. Might even find a teddy for Milly round the place..." Anton mutters to himself, then begins to trudge in his combat boots.
You're both in minor pain.
You're both short of breath.

=================================================================
Diesel - You walk over to Halberd, and he gives a light chuckle as he seems to be watching the fight in the distance.
"Looks like they've cracked already. Take a good look." Halberd comments as he pulls down his beanie, and Milly seems to have shyly followed you towards Halberd. Milly watches the two fighting for a moment.
"Why are they..."
"Don't worry, kid. Someday you'll learn what happens eventually when there's no laws. No rules. No control. The true nature of human beings. You ever read Lord of The Flies, kid?" Halberd asks Milly.

"No... I don't like those kind of books... they have big words..."
"Heh. Read it sometime. When we're safe, that is." Halberd ends, then turns back to you. He watches as Audrey also joins in, and gives a small nod of understanding.
"Heh. Guess you people weren't very close, then. You've split up alrea-" Halberd then cuts off, and he notices the rustling in the bushes too. He holds his axe ready for a moment, then squints as his face suddenly becomes less concerned and slightly amused. He assumes you didn't notice it as he chuckles to himself, shaking his head.
Audrey - You take a sip of the protein shake, and almost instantly a newfound energy fills your body. It was thick and almost sickly sweet, but after a week of eating bland foods like rice and beans and water, a mere sip of it was like heaven. It really went to show how a few of the luxuries of life really were worth it.

Halberd then gives a nod to you, and his lip stops doing that creepy smile which unnerved you so and curls into a small smirk of understanding, not showing his unnaturally, slightly spiky teeth anymore.
"
Eh. Ain't that important, you can keep the whole thing so long as you share it. We have a good amount of stuff to eat back home... home... yeah. Guess I've started to call that place home already. Funny how just a week away from your real home can make you so attached to some people and places." He says thoughtfully as he stomps his cigarette on the ground. You can hear something suddenly coming from behind you. Almost like someone... sneezing? But you could have sworn there was no one behind you. It was a high pitched sneeze, so it sounded quite feminine as you hear a rustle in the grass a way behind you.
*Aaa... aa-aa... choo!*
Halberd puts his face in his palm as he chuckles, and shakes his head, trying to pretend he hadn't noticed it. He then gets up, turning to all those who had chosen to come with him.
"Anyway. If you guys wanna follow, we're heading northward, to that forest over there. Yeah, yeah, it looks scary, but up north is the least corrupted. Some parts don't even have level one corruption yet... which is why we've set up home there. I'll introduce you to the crew when I can, just watch out for Ty. And... er... we have a rather... touchy-feely girl. If she hugs you, don't get creeped out." Halberd mutters with a shake of his head and a chuckle, and he gracefully hops off from his position at the cave, landing on the floor whilst holding his half-broken battle-axe extended to the side. He then starts walking northward direction, and after a while of deciding, Milly seems to follow him shyly.
Lauren - You'd been walking for a while in these new, corrupted lands now. Holed up in a bunker for the first week, it wasn't long before you too ran mostly out of surprise, and at the end of the day, you could never face the reality of being alone in the bunker for all that time. Your feet gently crunching over the corrupted brown grass, you could finally see something - no - some people, in the distance. It seemed they had split off a little, and you gently clutch your large, heavy book which was titled in bold letters: 'A Beginner's Guide to Carpentry.' You had also taken a messenger's bag with you, and inside you had taken a spare can of peas and a 500ml bottle of clean water; that was all that was left in the bunker after all.

There seemed to be a group of three strong looking men, seemingly arguing and talking as they were separated from a larger group of people who were seemingly ready to depart in the direction towards you. A man was sitting ontop of the cave, and he seemingly spots you. You can hear him yell:
"HEY! LADY! YOU LOST? CAN YOU HEAR ME?!"
@Dusty Trails

Notable Items outside the Exit Room [Corrupted Moors: North]:
-A large, dark brown rock that is dettached from the earth.
-A long, stray stick laying outside the cave entrance.
You heard a sneeze around this place... seemingly from a girl.

Ways to go from this Area [Corrupted Moors: North]:
-Northward seems to lead to a forest. The trees are stripped bare of leaves. It seems somewhat ominous. Halberd has started walking this way.

-Eastward goes to a ruined path. You're unsure where it leads. It seems to go to more of the moors.
-Westward you can make out a tiny village. The houses appear to be ablaze. Smoke is rising from them.
-Southward seem to be more moors. You can make out thicker air and purple clouds in the horizon. It doesn't seem safe.
-You could go back in the bunker, but there isn't much left. The bunker smells awful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jacob nods to Anton "No need to worry, just a slight...er...miscommunication" he says, looking to Eric sternly "Anyway, I'm heading East, if you still want to follow, you're free to, but if another fight breaks out...I might not hold back" he says

He almost seems...hurt...when Anton talks about Milly having seen the fight, something about him almost seems, remorseful

Eric turned to Jacob and glared, but relented and muttered a , "My 'pologies." To Anton he then turned, and with a nod he said, "I don't think me and," He nodded towards Jacob, "Will get along too good. So I'm with you, heading to that village." Before following Anton, he reached down and picked up the stick he had dropped. He also stomped on the smoldering cigarette that had flown out of his mouth with the first punch. The tall grass swayed eerily in the wind, so that it seemed something was in it. Unsettled, Eric quickly picked up his pace, until he was alongside Anton. "I..... I'm sorry.. I shouldn't be so much of an asshole." He chuckled bitterly. "I've just had a pretty shitty life. Things that have happened to me will make anyone an asshole." He didn't answer to Anton's questioning gaze after he spoke, but just walking.

From the corner of her eye, Audrey see's the small gesture from Diesel and smiles. Good, she wouldn't be going alone now. Knowing that someone else would follow lightened her worries and she took a moment to take a deep breath before exhaling. The energy she'd received from the protein shake really made her feel ready for anything! Turning towards Diesel, Audrey handed him the canteen.
"Here, you'll feel a lot better after a gulp of this." She spoke giving a thumbs up of her own before reaching in to her bag and pulling out the sharpened screwdriver from earlier. If they were going in that ominous forest, she definitely would not go in empty handed. Audrey suddenly heard the sneeze from behind and slowly turned around. She was really tired of people coming up behind her! Halberd seemed to disregard the sneeze, but Audrey just squinted in that direction before following Halberd.

Diesel tries to follow Halberd's lead, mostly ignoring the sneeze besides a bit of tip-toe standing to get a look into the grass. The hell? However, he was momentarily interrupted by Audrey handing him the canteen she had been drinking from. Oh, than-ugh, why do I keep trying to think aloud? Diesel nods again, trying to smile as he takes the shake and unscrews the top. I used to drink shit like this all the time.... He thinks wistfully, tilting his head back and pouring some of the shake into his mouth. Didn't taste wonderful, exactly, but he had built up a tolerance. After a sip or two, Diesel hands the canteen back to Audrey, picks the long stick from the floor up, and begins walking after Halberd with his new walking stick. He does, however, turn back to try and get a look at what sneezed earlier.....

Jacob - Anton looks at you for a moment, then frowns a little as he adjusts his beret.
"Didn't look like you were exactly holding back from where I was standing, soldier. And that goes for both of you. But it doesn't matter. Until next time." Anton says, then turns off to head eastward with Eric. His face seemed a little concerned as he scratches the back of his greyed hair with his fingers.

You watch them walk off for a while, and then you remember you were to head eastward. You begin to trudge east as the photo had told you to, wondering if there really was a safe place in what looked to be such an empty place. Walking in this area was almost sickening, and your energy felt somewhat sapped as your feet brush around the long, brown grass.

After a while of walking through nothing but the usual corrupted moor, you were still quite tired, but you could definitely see something in the distance... a large greenish building of scrap metal, built up with a tall chainlink fence with barbed wire around the top of it. This could only be the warehouse the photo was talking about. However, you could see a few rotters and... one of the monsters seemed to be emitting wisps of purple smoke around it, and its skin was a sickly deep purple unlike the usual horrid brown of the rotters. All four of these zombies in total hadn't noticed you yet, and were mindlessly banging at the chainlink fence, groaning.
-A 1m coil of barbed wire. It must have come loose from the fence.
-A green shirt. It's very small. It must have belonged to a child.

-Zombie Rotter #1 [10/10]. It's attacking the fence. It hasn't noticed you.
-Zombie Rotter #2 [10/10]. It's attacking the fence. It hasn't noticed you.
-Zombie Rotter #3 [4/10]. It's attacking the fence. It hasn't noticed you. This one has one arm and no mouth.
-Zombie ??? [??/??]. It's attacking the fence. It hasn't noticed you.

Ways to go:
Forward - To the chainlink fence of the warehouse. You couldn't see an entrance. Zombies are in the way.
Right - Nothing special. Just more moors.

Left - A large, deep crater in the ground. Like a small meteor landed.
Back - Back to the bunker.

((I would recommend looking at area overviews. It tells you the items present, enemies present, and ways to go.))
Eric - Anton's eyes trail off into the distance thoughtfully after he looks at you, walking at a fast pace alongside you as he unsheathes his combat knife, holding it ready in his hands.
"It's fine. Shit happens to all of us. For now, what do you say we stab some freaks." Anton says with a bitter smirk, nodding ahead as the village ahead still smouldered, smoke drifting past you as you walked closer and closer to it.
"Ahh. You know, I always liked the smell of smoke. Refreshing in a way, yet reminds you the world ain't perfect. Especially now." Anton says thoughtfully, and through the smoke you could hear the groaning of some of the zombies as you came up to the closest house.

There were various houses, you could count about eight in total, around the village - although two of them were completely destroyed, one of these destroyed houses being on fire and burning away into nothing. Five of the houses looked damaged and slightly crumpled, but one of the houses... it seemed to be almost in pristine condition as you wave away the smoke drifting past.

The problem was, there was a hell of a lot of zombies, too. Your eyes count them all, and you could count... one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight... eight in total. However, all but one appeared to be rotters - the 'but one' seemed to be at least twice the size of the other zombies, and muscular in its appearance, ripped, rotted muscle tissue bursting from it.
"Jesus... that's a big motherfucker..." Anton muttered in awe, watching the huge zombie groan and bash at the walls uselessly of the pristine house. Anton readies his combat knife, holding in tight in his hands as he wipes below his nose.
"I say we stay the fuck away from that well-built house. Go for one of the damaged ones; all the freaks seem to have been attracted to the undamaged one... weird." Anton remarks, pointing to one of the damaged houses. It was once a pretty green, but now its paint had peeled off, and the windows destroyed and the door crumpled into splinters. It was hard to imagine all this happened in just a week.
Enemies:
-Zombie Rotter #1 [10/10] - It's distracted by the pristine house. It hasn't noticed you.
-Zombie Rotter #2 [10/10] - It's distracted by the pristine house. It hasn't noticed you.
-Zombie Rotter #3 [10/10] - It's distracted by the pristine house. It hasn't noticed you.
-Zombie Rotter #4 [10/10] - It's distracted by the pristine house. It hasn't noticed you.
-Zombie Rotter #5 [10/10] - It's distracted by the pristine house. It hasn't noticed you.
-Zombie Rotter #6 [10/10] - It's distracted by the pristine house. It hasn't noticed you.
-Zombie Rotter #7 [10/10] - It's distracted by the pristine house. It hasn't noticed you.

-Zombie Brute [24/24] - It's distracted by the pristine house. It hasn't noticed you.

Ways to go:
-Destroyed House #1 - It's on fire, and smoking. There doesn't seem to be anything.
-Destroyed House #2 - It's essentially a pile of rubble of white concrete and wood.
-Damaged House #1 - It used to be a pretty green. The paint has mostly stripped off. The windows are destroyed, and so is the door. It's a largish house, and the furthest away from the zombies.
-Damaged House #2 - It's a very small house, made from wooden planks. A hole seems to have been bashed into the side of it. It's so small you could probably mistake it for a shed.
-Damaged House #3 - It's a medium sized house made from reddish concrete, and a hole has been smashed into the side of the wall.

-Damaged House #4 - You can't make out that house properly from here!
-Damaged House #5 - You can't make out that house properly from here!

-Pristine House - A brightly coloured, yellow house. The door, the walls, and the windows all seem to be in perfect condition; not even affected by the corruption. All the zombies seem to be attracted to this house.
Audrey + Diesel - Halberd notices your realisation for the sneeze behind you, and chuckles as he rolls his eyes a bit, stopping walking for a second as he turns around him.
"Tigress, we know you're there. Come on out." Halberd says with a smirk, thoughtfully twirling the half-broken battleaxe around in his hands as he looks to the brown grass patch where the both of you could hear the sneeze. You are surprised to see a lady, completely covered in dirt and grass to rise from that particular patch. You couldn't have even seen her if you were right next to her; it was the sneeze that gave it away. Through the greyish-brown dirt and brown grass she was plastered in, which you guessed was camouflage, you could make out a blue tint at her head which seemed to be the same beanie Halberd was wearing. All you could really make of her in terms of noticeable features was that she was tall, slender, and a pair of angry-looking reddish brown eyes were glaring at Halberd.
"L-look! Ty sent me, okay! I didn't choose to lay down for half an hour covered in this shit!" The girl called Tigress, apparently, says, folding her arms and frowning unamusedly at Halberd, who was practically laughing his ass off.
"HAHAHA! Oh, oh God! That's hilarious - he made you do it for half an hour? Brilliant." Halberd says amusedly, stopping laughing for a moment and giving a gulp as Tigress angrily approached him with a look that could only mean that she was most likely about to kill him.
"Woah! Woah! No! No! We have other survivors!" Halberd says desperately, holding up a spare hand and pointing to the both of you. Tigress only stopped when she was right next to Halberd, breathing angrily and still covered in the camouflage paint. She turns to you to, surveying you both with angry eyes.
"And why have you bought these two along? Another bunch of wimps aiming to join our group? They don't look like anything special to me... one's missing an arm!" Tigress remarks, quickly snatching her glare back to Halberd.
"Hey, come on Tigress. They're fresh from the East bunker. Wasn't anything in the bunker apart from these guys, they got not much clue what's going on. We could just let them stay around for a night or two, that's all." Halberd says, a serious look coming back to his face again. Tigress still didn't seem pleased, and at her hand you could make out the outline of spiked knuckles around her fists, although they too were smeared in dirt.
"Come on. They have a kid." Halberd says, which makes Tigress stop for a moment, and you could make out her eyes closing defeatedly.
"Yeah, yeah, fine. But Ty won't be pleased. And I'm still gonna pound you later!" Tigress hisses, and turns to you two. "As you may have heard, my name is Tigress around here. I'm part of this idiot's group. I'll properly introduce myself when I'm not covered from head to toe in some crappy camo that Ty made me apply. If this idiot didn't already tell you, Ty is, what you could say... the leader of our group." Tigress says, and she pulls down her beanie just like Halberd once did. Milly gently grips Audrey's hips for a moment, looking to Tigress somewhat worriedly for a moment.
"She's angry... very angry... and I can almost... feel something... different in Halberd and the lady..." You can both hear Milly whisper. You could notice that she had been assisting Sariel and holding her hand, bringing her around here with you. Halberd still seemed to be looking over to where you could see another lady standing, although this lady didn't seem to be part of Halberd's group from the way he looked at her.
"So who are you people, then?"
-A large stick on the floor. Similar to the one Diesel found earlier.
-Another large stick on the floor. It seems to be very dry and fragile.
-A large, loose brown rock.
-A syringe. It's empty. Would be safe not to stand on it.
-A patch of jet black weeds. They appear to be moving menacingly.
Halberd is here.
Tigress is here.
You can see a woman in the distance. ((Lauren))
Now that we have people going different ways, I have assigned area overviews at the bottom of each update. View them to see your own respectful choices and situation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jacob sighs and rolls his eyes "Typical, had to be more of those rotting fucks" deciding he'd need some way to level the playing field between him and the creatures, he heads left, trying to stay out of sight "I'll come back when I got something that doesn't take a month to kill things"

As he saw the big guy, Eric's eyes widened. 'Mon Dieu..." As for Anton's suggestion he nodded, and quickly runs to a pile of rubble, and crouches behind it. He goes from one pile to another, until he reaches Damaged House #1. He clenches his stick tightly as he waits for Anton to catch up. Military training kicks in as he scans the surroundings, seeking any sign of attention from the undead. But his eyes keep getting drawn to the brute and the immaculate house he was bashing the shit out of, to no avail. What the fuck? That guy is beating the shit out of that house, and nothin's happening. Must be survivors inside, or maybe something thats attracting the zombies. Either way, I want to know what it is. If its some sort of item, we can use it for distractions or something. If its people, they might have supplies, and you can never have too many eyes on the lookout for zombies. The smoke was kinda thick, and Eric squinted, vainly trying to peer through and see the two houses he couldn't see before. Maybe they've got stuff, too.

Diesel had tightened his grip on his knife as the woman, Tigress, had walked over. What a bitch...eh, maybe she'll warm up to us. He thinks, stopping to scribble something on the paper, writing quickly and surprisingly neatly.

Name is Diesel. Mute, sorry to bring another disabled along.

He writes, holding the paper up to Tigress as he stoops down to shove the syringe in his pocket, needle away from his gut.

Lauren trudged along, sighing to herself as she stared at the blighted, dead ground. She must've been walking for a whole day by now... Or she was just exaggerating. She sighed again and wiped a hand along her brow, glancing up and stopping as she saw a group of figures in the distance. Lauren stopped and stared for awhile before holding up her free hand in greeting. She started towards them, picking up her pace a bit.

Finally some damn people! she thought, grinning to herself as she stopped below the cave. "Heya!" she called out to them, keeping a bit of distance in case they weren't as friendly as she hoped. Running was always an option...

Jackie looks at Tigress, then at Halberd, then at everyone else in the group. "Well, following people would probably be a good idea, and those two seem to know what they're doing."

Sariel ignores Halberd's earlier comment, about the life-span of our group, and replies to this new 'Tigress' person with a slight smile, in what she hopes if her general direction. "My name's Sariel, nice to meet you, ma'am." Sariel waves, and feels behind her, hoping to find a wall.

Halberd called out to the woman in the bush, making her leave her hiding place. Audrey looked her over but because of all the dirt she couldn't tell much about her. This girl, Tigress, from what Audrey could tell, was very aggressive. Guess that's why they call her Tigress.. Audrey thought as she looked off to the side for a moment. She then felt Milly grip her hips, which caused her to look down. With a soft smile, she slipped the wrench back into her bag before kneeling down and gently patting Milly's head before whispering back. "For now, we have to trust these guys..ok? You can keep holding on to me or Diesel if you feel scared..", she spoke with a soft voice before standing up straight again. Putting her hand on her hip, she looked to Tigress. "My name's Audrey, and 1. I can speak just fine, 2. If this whole apocalypse thing had waited a few weeks I could've at least gotten my prosthetic that I asked for."

Jacob - With your brass knuckle still around your fist, you decide to head off left away from the bunch of rotters... and whatever the mysterious, purple-smoking rotter was. You head leftward, watching the zombies bash against the chainlink fence uselessly along with corrupted groans.

You head leftward to the crater-like area, and the greyened dirt is sprayed everywhere, as if something like a bomb dropped here. You peer down the steep slope; the crater didn't have much of a wide surface area (about 15 feet or so), but it was quite deep. In the centre of the crater, there was a single rotter with glowing purple eyes, groaning as it uselessly tried to crawl up the slope with rotting legs. The slope wasn't massively steep; you would be able to climb up and down the loose grey-brown dirt with ease. But there was something in the middle... a glowing, dark purple gem. Crackling with energy... you weren't an expert with gems or geology, but you could tell that the gem wasn't anything that had been found before... or so you presumed, anyway.
-A mysterious, purple gem in the pit of the crater. It looks like it's what caused this crater to be here. It's crackling with unknown energy.

-Zombie Rotter [10/10]. It has glowing purple eyes. It's trying to crawl up to you, but it can't. It's at the pit of the crater, beside the purple gem.

Ways to go:
Forward - This way seems to lead to a steep hill. It leads to a large, impressive pile of sickly brown rocks in the distance, also once known as a Tor.
Right - To the chainlink fence of the warehouse. You couldn't see an entrance. Zombies are in the way.
Left - Nothing special. Just more moors.
Back - Back in the direction of the bunker.
Eric - You get the hell away from the group of rotters, and the large brute of a zombie smashing at the walls of the pristine house. But, that was an interesting thought indeed - why hadn't the huge zombie been able to damage the house, even by a scratch whatsoever? Something about it seemed unnatural... but the chances of going in the house to find out appeared to be slim until you had the power to fight them off, or wait for them to pass at least.

You move to the damaged house Anton proposed, and he hurriedly follows behind you, leaning up against the wall of the damaged house with his knife cautiously held in his hands. He moves over to the door, cautiously moving the broken pieces of wood out the way so you could get inside. As he throws back the last piece as quietly as he could, his eyes narrow a little.
"Got a zombitch inside... I'll take care of it." Anton mutters, and he walks inside the damaged house. From where you were, you could see him easily swing the combat knife through the rotter's skull, slicing it open like a watermelon as the grey matter spilled onto the floor of the damaged house. Anton winces a little, but cleans the knife on his army jacket.
"Disgusting stuff..." He mutters, then looks to you.
"I'll see what's up for scavenging in this house. Help me out if you like, or you could check another... just be careful of that big-ass freak. If that big bastard grabbed us, by the size of his muscles, he could probably tear us in half." Anton says grimly.

Your army instincts kick in - your eyes warily darting around you for anything of note in the area. You could make out the two houses now, and one of them seemed to have... something purple glowing out one of the destroyed windows. Even in the broad, gross daylight, you could clearly see the dark purple light glowing from it. Whatever it was, you weren't sure what it could be. And that house was way in the distance.
Enemies:
-Zombie Rotter [0/10] - It's skull has been split open by Anton. It's dead alright.

Damaged House #1:
-A corridor. Anton is here. There is a blue carpet, along with various paintings hanging dimly from the walls. There is a small cupboard to the side. There are various pieces of splintered wood on the floor.
-Stairs leading upwards by the corridor.
-A doorway leading to another room leftward by the corridor.
-A doorway leading to another room rightward by the corridor.

Ways to go:
-Destroyed House #1 - It's on fire, and smoking. There doesn't seem to be anything.
-Destroyed House #2 - It's essentially a pile of rubble of white concrete and wood.
-Damaged House #1 - It used to be a pretty green. The paint has mostly stripped off. The windows are destroyed, and so is the door. It's a largish house, and the furthest away from the zombies.
-Damaged House #2 - It's a very small house, made from wooden planks. A hole seems to have been bashed into the side of it. It's so small you could probably mistake it for a shed.
-Damaged House #3 - It's a medium sized house made from reddish concrete, and a hole has been smashed into the side of the wall.
-Damaged House #4 - You can make out a tall, yellow house. It seemed to be quite a big house, but the top floor has seemingly been revealed by the huge hole in the side of it, showing a destroyed bedroom.

-Damaged House #5 - Something isn't right about this house. It's coloured a strange purple, and a deep purple light is visible even in the daylight through one of the cracked windows.
-Pristine House - A brightly coloured, yellow house. The door, the walls, and the windows all seem to be in perfect condition; not even affected by the corruption. All the zombies seem to be attracted to this house.

Diesel - Tigress' eyes seem confused behind her layer of dirt as you hold up the note, so she shuffles over to you and squints with her yellow-brown eyes. As she came closer to you, the blue tints of the same beanie as Halberd were visible behind the dirt, and her eyes... something about her eyes just didn't seem normal. They were almost orange, in a way.
"Oh... brilliant(!) Hey, idiot, how long were you planning on bringing these people along?" She whispers as she squints at the note, then she turns to Halberd.
"Hey! It's Halberd... God... but yeah. Just a day or two. Like I said, they got a kid. We can bring them up to speed for a bit, then they can go on their own! It'll be like nothing ever happened, we're just going to help them, Tigress. They're people too." Halberd replies fairly. You store the syringe away in your pocket, because in a situation like this, one man's trash is another man's treasure. It could come in handy at some point.
Lauren - Hurriedly, you run fairly near the group, although you stand at a fair distance away from them in case they weren't as friendly as you thought. It was quite an intriguing group, actually. In total, there was a large man wielding a pocket knife who seemingly couldn't talk, a woman who was feeling around her almost constantly; you would have guessed she was blind, a small girl, a woman holding a gaming controller with glass shards strapped to it, and a woman with one arm.

There was also a man in a blue beanie, wearing a leather trenchcoat and leather trousers, and holding a large battleaxe with one of the sides of it broken like a ceramic shard at his side. Next to him was... you could make out the outline of a woman, but she was so plastered in dirt, mud and grass that you couldn't really make out any features, apart from you could make out she was wearing the same beanie as the man with a battleaxe.

"Hmm? Oh, what do we have here? Another one of your group?" He asks, turning to the group of people for confirmation, but they didn't seem to recognise you as you didn't recognise them.
"Uhhh... well then. I guess you're new around here, too? Name's Halberd. In short, if you didn't know already, everything's going to shit, heh heh! If you want to tag along with us, go ahead." Halberd says, and he points to the woman smeared in dirt beside him, obnoxiously petting her on the head.
"And this cutie is Tigress! Say hello!" He chuckles, but then gulps as he sees the look Tigress gives him beneath the layer of dirt and such.
"When we're back at base... remind me to kill you..." She hisses to Halberd. This group seemed to be... something else, to say the least. It was up to you whether to follow them or not, or to go your own way.

The small girl shyly waves to you, then looks thoughtfully into the distance. For a situation like this, she didn't even seem that scared. How curious. Nonetheless, it was nice to find some people at least after the many hours of walking.
Jackie + Sariel - Tigress looks to the two of you, and shrugs a little, seemingly not noticing that Sariel was blind as she feels behind her for a wall, but there was nothing. Milly was still gently gripping Sariel's hand as she held on to Audrey's hip gently.
"Well, at least not everyone has a disablility of some sort." She snorts, and gives a nod to Sariel as she introduces herself.
"Yeah... um... about that. She's blind." Halberd whispers, pointing to Sariel. At this point, Tigress wasn't even surprised as she puts a filthy palm into her filthy face for a second, then shakes her head as she scratches behind her neck, seemingly a bit agitated from what Jackie could see. Halberd shoots Tigress a slightly disappointed look for a moment.
"Guh, whatever. Help the disabled, help the children, blah blah, I get it, Halberd. And why the hell does she have a games controller?" Tigress suddenly remarks, pointing at 'The Painwheel.' Although it could indeed be used as a weapon, it did look rather strange.
Audrey - Milly gently nods, closing her eyes and giving a slight smile as you pat her fine, light brown hair.
"Okay..." She whispers simply as she opens her eyes again, and as you look into them, they give a whitish twinkle. Whether it was just a coincidence of the gloomy sun shining into them, you didn't know. But nonetheless, you stand up to face Tigress. Tigress folds her filth-covered arms, giving a shrug and privately rolling her eyes.
"Yeah, I figured. Just follow us... Audrey... and we'll keep you safe for a few days. But don't expect us to babysit you - that goes for all of you! You're allowed to stay in our shelters for the night, because you'll freeze to death at the rain. Or should I say filth. It doesn't even rain water anymore." Tigress says, and you could have sworn you saw her teeth were slightly sharp... almost strange like the grin Halberd often gave you which creeped you out. It was unnatural.
Everyone following Halberd/Tigress - The two start to walk off into the corrupted forests, the trees lost of all their leaves and of a dryened, whitish brown. It wasn't actually that long to walk as Halberd leads the group, sometimes whistling which was quickly put to a stop by Tigress, who punched him round the back of the head. The two didn't really seem to be the best duo around, to say the least.

You then come up to what you assumed to be their camp. Within the many dryened trees there were various tents around the area, put up and within a wall of sharpened logs. You walk through the small, makeshift entrance within the wall of tallish sharpened logs, and you can see three other people, each doing various things within the camp. (See area overview for more details.) What caught your eye however was that everyone was wearing the same blue beanie that Halberd and Tigress were wearing.
"Aaaand this is what we call home! It isn't much, but it's far enough away from the rotters and what have you. There's a river not too far to the north, as well. Water looks like shit, but after enough boiling it's safe to drink, even if it corrupts y- uh... t-tastes awful." Halberd quickly changes, scratching the back of his head and changing the topic suspiciously.
"B-but yeah. When it hits night, you people can come around here to sleep. For now, what you want to do's up to you really. You could come and meet our gang, if you like, or you can go out and scavenege for your own stuff. We've got spare stuff for you to eat tonight though, don't worry. And watch out for the girl in pink, if she notices you she won't let you go... she adores everything about new people. And most people in general..." Halberd says with a wink and the strange grin. Tigress snorts and pushes past him.
"I'm going to clean up. Ty isn't going to be pleased." She hisses in his ear before walking out of the walls, heading Northward. Halberd blinks in thought a little, then turns around.
"Yeah... I would stay away from Ty if I were you. He's kind of the leader here, built like an ox, and he isn't too keen on newcomers. I'll go explain the situation to him." Halberd says. Like he said, it was up to you what you wanted to do now, be it go out and scavenge or check out their makeshift settlement a bit more.
Notable things/people inside the spiked log walls.
-Tent #1 - Nothing special, just a two person green canvas tent.
-Tent #2 - Nothing special, just a two person green canvas tent.
-Tent #3 - Nothing special, just a two person green canvas tent.
-Large Tent - This tent is much bigger than the other tents, and made of blue canvas. It could probably hold about six people.
-A large canvas suspended above an area containing what looked like to be a makeshift forge, with burning embers inside a cobbled stone wall. There was an anvil laying next to the forge with a hammer next to it. The hammer was still slightly smoking, as if it had been used recently. There is a huge makeshift sword of purplish iron sticking out of the forge, and judging by the rough edges, it was clear it wasn't finished yet.
-Another large canvas suspended above an area with various blue gallon jugs, and three crates. The gallon jugs held what you could assume to be water, but the crates were unknown.

-A girl with bright pink hair flowing down the sides of her face, seemingly dyed by the looks of it. She's wearing the blue beanie with a black pawprint logo too, and she hasn't seemingly noticed you yet. She's happily sitting on a stool, humming to herself as she worked with extreme dexterity to fletch some arrows. She seemed extremely energetic, and is wearing a long jacket, cargo shorts, trainers and military backpack which has been dyed... bright... pink. It's quite funny to see actually. She even had a holster at her side which was bright pink, with an unknown firearm inside.
-Tigress has left the camp walls and headed off Northward, to the river.
-Halberd has entered the large tent, and you can hear a deep voice of shouting coming inside. You could have guessed that this was Ty's voice, judging by the fact Halberd said he was going to tell Ty of your presence.
-A man is watching you on the stool with dreary, almost colourless grey eyes. Apart from the blue beanie he wears like the others, he wears colourless clothing: a grey hoodie, a grey bandana over his mouth, grey cargo pants and even grey combat boots. In his arms he carries what you could identify as an M21 sniper rifle, and his face was pale and scarred from what you could make from it. He watches you all coldly, and almost creepily with those colourless eyes.

Ways to go from The Black Paws' camp:
Northward. Tigress went this way. Halberd said there was a river of this way.
Eastward. It leads to an unknown location from this area.
Westward. It leads to an unknown location from this area.
Southward. This leads out of the camp, and back in the direction of the bunker.

Looking down at the zombie he grins, he could take one...creepy looking...zombie...surely
Climbing to the top of the pit Jacob leaps toward the zombie, trying to dive kick him as he fell into the crater

Please...dear lord, don't let me die in a pit, to one rotten bastard

Eric nodded and stepped inside the hall. "Though it might take longer to scavenge, its much safer if we stick together." He holds his spear at the ready, and opens the cupboard on the side of the corridor, ready for any unwanted surprise. When nothing jumps out at him, he peers inside...

Jacob - You go for a diving kick down into the zombie rotter at the pit of the crater. At first, it seemed like a good idea when you could hear the crunching and grinding of rotted flesh as your boot connects with the rotter's face, and knocks it cleanly to the floor in the pit of the crater. The down side of your plan however, was that now you were at the bottom of the crater with the still alive rotter - and it smelled absolutely awful.

Trying not to let the purely disgusting smell overwhelm you, you manage not to land on your knees after your dive kick, which slightly hurt - but it was no real problem as you were able to easily scramble back to your feet. The rotter groans on the floor, preparing to get up and most likely strike you. It was almost right next to you at the pit of the crater after the dive kick... but its reactions and movements were slow.
-A mysterious, purple gem in the pit of the crater. It looks like it's what caused this crater to be here. It's crackling with unknown energy.

-Zombie Rotter [5/10]. It has glowing purple eyes. It's stunned!

Ways to go:
Forward - This way seems to lead to a steep hill. It leads to a large, impressive pile of sickly brown rocks in the distance, also once known as a Tor.
Right - To the chainlink fence of the warehouse. You couldn't see an entrance. Zombies are in the way.
Left - Nothing special. Just more moors.
Back - Back in the direction of the bunker.
Eric - You slide open the drawer, and thankfully nothing does come out and kill you. Anton looks at the cupboard for a moment, then tightens his grip on his knife as he looks upstairs.
"I'll go and check if we have any more freaks to deal with. One of those dead things is enough... Jesus..." He mumbles, watfing away the awful smell from the rotter. You look at the contents in the small cupboard carefully, being sure not to miss a single thing. In a situation like this, anything was useful to be honest. In the small oaken cupboard, and it seems like you've found some sort of footwear cupboard. Inside there is:

-A pair of clean black leather shoes.
-A pair of fancy hiking boots, which are undamaged.
-A pair of green Wellington boots.
-A small box of shoe polish.

Enemies:
-Zombie Rotter [0/10] - It's skull has been split open by Anton. It's dead alright. It smells awful.

Damaged House #1:
-A corridor. There is a blue carpet, along with various paintings hanging dimly from the walls. There is a small cupboard to the side which has been looted by Eric. There are various pieces of splintered wood on the floor.
-Stairs leading upwards by the corridor. Anton went this way.
-A doorway leading to another room leftward by the corridor.
-A doorway leading to another room rightward by the corridor.

Ways to go:
-Damaged House #4 - You can make out a tall, yellow house. It seemed to be quite a big house, but the top floor has seemingly been revealed by the huge hole in the side of it, showing a destroyed bedroom.

-Damaged House #5 - Something isn't right about this house. It's coloured a strange purple, and a deep purple light is visible even in the daylight through one of the cracked windows.

[[If you miss an update, it's nothing to worry about, I just don't want to keep the people who have done combat actions floating in mid-air for too long. If you have missed an update, just scroll up to the last update your character was mentioned in and post from there.]]

Status
Not open for further replies.