Nomad: Necro Rising | Part 02 - Black Paws

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Conversational Post] (These posts don't really count as actions, but for posts which are only dialogue between a player and an NPC.)
=================================================================
Eric - Anton looks firmly back at you, seemingly in the same track of mind as you as you could tell when his grey eyes met yours, he wasn't really trusting this new guy either. Anton thinks for a minute as he glances back at Halberd, who had his back turned and clearly couldn't hear or see you.
"Yes. You're right, something's up here. His eyes aren't normal. Almost the colour of those zombies back there... hell... maybe he could be one of them." Anton suddenly theorises with a hint of worry in his eyes, but then he shakes his head.
"Hell... I can't be sure... we'll just have to keep at the ready. If he tries anything funny, try and disarm that big-ass axe of his for me, and I'll go in to stab him at the throat. That'll leave the fucker dead. But, we just gotta be sure this guy isn't against us first, soldier. Could even be a scout, like you said, for his group. Maybe we could ask him what exactly he's doing out here. Ain't normal for a fella to wait outside the middle of nowhere."

Eric nodded. "We COULD ask him... but that may alert him to our suspicions if he's got bad intentions. But if we remain silent, we may never know what he's up to. But do you remember what he said when Jacob came out? 'Well, well. Look who decided to come outside.' As if he had been waiting. Really creepy. But theres nothing we can do now, except confront him, and I don't think thats such a hot idea right now, seeing as he's the one with the weapon and we've got what, a lil' pocket knife, at best? But if he does make any funny moves, I'll have 'im on the ground in a second."

[Conversational Post]
Eric - Anton gives a firm nod to you, adjusting the holster at his side with his combat knife in.
"This here knife'll take him down if we need to. If you can pin the bugger and maybe even disarm him, I'll do the rest." Anton says, looking around him cautiously for a moment, then turning back to you.
"We should walk back before they suspect anything, soldier." Anton says quickly, and walks where the group are, occasionally climbing over a small, putrid brown covered rock which littered the moors.

Sariel smiles, and stops for a second, "Thanks Milly." She starts to walk again, holding Milly's hand for support. What crazy shit will await us, in this unknown place?

Jackie takes the tape, mostly ignoring Halberd's appearance in favor of using the power of good ideas to make the weapon of awesome duct-taping some glass shards to the Xbox controller. Because even more makeshift flails work well. Also goddamnit it needs to be made. "Okay... lets make this thing. Whatever it is."

Jacob - You walk over and kneel to pick up the bag, and you peer inside the paper bag. Huh... there's actually a photo in here.
husband_wifeTeam.jpg
On the bottom of the photo, there is a small note which reads:

sasha
if you ever find this my life is at an end
i love you
take care of Steve and Simon
the warehouse at the east of the moors is safe
i love you

Be it useful information or just as good as extra tinder for the fire, you don't really feel any remorse for this whatsoever as you pocket the photo and the paper bag; there wasn't anything else in there. Halberd then looks at you for a moment, a slightly amused smirk across his face.
"Heh. Uh. No reason, this hat just means a lot to me, is all. It also represents my little group; all five of us wear one. I'd hate to take it off. Just a thing, y-you know." He stutters, and you could tell that it wasn't because of your compliment, but it was because it was almost as if he wasn't telling the truth.
Diesel - You walk over to the rest of the group... but as you do so, you could have sworn that in the distance you could see some of the grass... well... moving, in a way. As if something was inside it. It could have been your imagination, but it was something enough to say something abo- oh. Nonetheless, you saw something, and you store away the claws, ready for later use. The claws are sharp and good for piercing-type damage, but not so much for slashing.
Sariel - As Milly guides you outside, you can hear a mysterious voice coming from above you at the cave entrance.
"Oh! There's the kid. And you have a blind person too...? Jeez... any more disabilities I should know about...? Not that it matters or anything, but still, I'm interested at groups like this. Makes me wonder when I'll be seeing your bodies... if I ever should see them, that is." The voice says.
"That's quite enough of that. We have a child, you shouldn't say things like that." You hear Anton firmly say.
"Old man, you need to be realistic. Look around you! Go on! Look around you! Everything has gone to SHIT. Every single day is a struggle to survive, every single day everything wants you dead. And soon we'll all be dead... heh... but hell, I'll go down with a fight." Halberd says. It was somewhat inspirational yet out of order to speak like that with a child around.
Jackie - You take the tape from Audrey, and kneel down to get to work on adding a slight upgrade to your controller. You carefully wrap the duct tape around glass shards placed about various areas of the controller, and your dexterous hands help you out quite a bit. By the time you were done, which didn't take very long whatsoever, your controller now looked slightly lethal; jagged edges of glass sticking from it. It wasn't the most brutal weapon, but it was still a heck of a lot better than before.
Everyone - Halberd looks up to the whole group in general, scratching his chin a little before pulling down his beanie again with a slight cough, swinging the axe by his side as he did so. He seemed to be in thought for a moment as he looks down at the brownish grass.
"Anyway. You people are probably wondering why I was hanging around here; it must seem pretty creepy after all." He says as he lights his second cigarette, taking a deep and content breath from it as he blows a small smoke ring which drifts away into the corrupted air.

"Truth is, I came across this place yesterday looking for supplies, and when I came to open it, it was locked. Now I know the bunkers around here don't lock unless someone's holed up in them, so I figured you people would come out sooner or later. I came to check to see if you were around today, and boom, guess I was lucky. People are rare nowadays, at least ninety percent were killed in the first week by this general bullshit with the tower." He says as he takes the cigarette out his mouth again, scratching the hair under his dark blue beanie.

"But I'll warn you. If it rains, you're going to want a place to stay. And as for that bunker, well, it ain't an option anymore with those rotters around there. I call them rotters because they make the place stink like nothing you've smelt before after they die; you'll probably puke yourself to death. The rain around here comes hard, and it ain't even rain anymore thanks to the level one corruption. Although it isn't dangerous, it rains a thick brown substance, almost like watery mud, and without shelter that's a hell of a thing to deal with." Halberd continues, then looks up at the group again.

"Now I can understand if you people aren't going to trust me. No one rarely trusts one another these days... which is the beauty of having my little group. But if you like, you can follow me back to my place for a few nights. Keep yourself sheltered, but after that, you're on your own. Ty's particulary nasty when it comes to new people. Straight off turned away someone who tried to join us, but you'll get used to him. But yeah. You don't have to come if you don't want to, I just... well... it's hard coming across a new human body everyday." Halberd mutters somewhat remorsefully, then looks up at the group in await to their desicion.

Everyone's eyes have adjusted to the light now, and you can see fairly clearly. You don't all have to stay as a group; now you were free.
Notable Items outside the Exit Room [Corrupted Moors: North]:
-A large, dark brown rock that is dettached from the earth.
-A long, stray stick laying outside the cave entrance.
Halberd is here.

Lachlan can see some grass rustling in this distance. If you have Perception, you can hear rustling.

Ways to go from this Area [Corrupted Moors: North]:
-Northward seems to lead to a forest. The trees are stripped bare of leaves. It seems somewhat ominous.
-Eastward goes to a ruined path. You're unsure where it leads. It seems to go to more of the moors.
-Westward you can make out a tiny village. The houses appear to be ablaze. Smoke is rising from them.
-Southward seem to be more moors. You can make out thicker air and purple clouds in the horizon. It doesn't seem safe.

-You could go back in the bunker, but there isn't much left. The bunker smells awful.

Jacob looks at the group and sighs, he felt nothing for them, yet he felt like he might be one of their only fully able bodied fighters, he rubs his neck for a long moment before kicking the dirt "I'm off East, if any of you want to follow, you're free to, I'll be back if I make it...I doubt I will though...so on the off chance I don't and you see me as one of those...things...Put me down, yeah?"

Eric walked back to join the group, as he walked towards them, he heard Halberd (If " was his real name), saying they could hole up with his crew for a while. Eric sneered at the man and bent down to pick up the lone stick lying near the grass, and was rewarded with a pleasant surprise: it was sharp. Now, the spear was wooden, and therefore would probably break or something, but it was better than nothing. Plus, if he could find a fire, he could harden it to make sure it didn't break. As he eyes grew accustomed to the lighting, he could see the pathways, and the smoke to the west. He sniffed the air, curious, and it smelled like a wood fire. Might be good to scavenge around there..... but there could be more zombies and shit. Plus that guy said there are shredders or whatever... If he was telling the truth. His thoughts were interrupted by some guy from the bunker (He hadn't really socialized with the people in the bunker) saying he was going east. "Hey! You don't go away by yourself dimwit. You'll get lost or killed. Plus, that way probably has some loot or something." Eric jerked his thumb towards the west, and consequently, the smoke rising from it. "I got this thing," he hefted his newfound toy, "So we at least have some form of defense. You with me?"
@DapperDogman

"As I said, if I die, put me down, I'm more than prepared to die" he says, looking away from the group a little "I heard there's a warehouse out there, it should be safe enough" he says, heading off down the path to the East "If any of you have a death wish, feel free to follow me into the jaws of hell"

Eric sighed, and muttering about how 'Doesn't fuckin' listen. Why the hell am I even going with him?' He trotted after the man, quickly catching up, and even though he was puffing on a cigarette, it didn't seem to wind him at all. "Wait up asshole. Stick together, or you're gonna die." Just as the words left his mouth, Eric remembered the guy didn't care whether he died. His lip curled in disgust. Gotta remember, can't rely on this guy. People with no will to survive are deadweight. Won't be any good in a fight, most likely.
@DapperDogman

"Now, let you warn you, I'm not really that fucking bothered whether anyone in that group dies, I don't know them, they don't know me, it's formality that I'm trying to find them supplies at this point" He almost snarls the words as he looks back at the man, his general attitude didn't sit well with Jacob "Now that we've got that out of the way, let's get a move on"

" First: I never said you had to give a fuck, douchebag. Second: I'm doing YOU a formality by keeping your ass alive! Third: I don't take orders from the likes of you." Eric glared at the man, and was disgusted by him. Couldn't he see that Eric was the only thing between him and untold horrors out in the moor? Dipshit. However, though he was doing the man a courtesy, he wouldn't b taking orders from anyone unless they earned his respect, even Anton couldn't order him around, but Eric viewed Anton as an equal.
@DapperDogman

At this point, Diesel would've just LOVED more than anything to tell these two to quit bitching at each other. Now wasn't the time for shit like that, and this Halberd guy actually had a fucking idea of what it's like out here. Sooo.....suicidal guy and a jerk, or a wasteland-hardened badass? Wow, I feel like I'm on Final Jeopardy. He thinks to himself, before nodding to Halberd and walking over near him. A rustling of grass did catch DIESEL, NOT LACHLAN'S, eye, as he joined the survivor, but he paid it no mind, simply tightening the grip on his knife.

Jacob looks the man deep in the eye and laughs "You...keep me safe?" he double over laughing before bringing a fist into the man's jaw, most likely knocking him off his feet

"You don't know me, so how about you fuck off back to the others, yeah? Keep them safe, they need it" he growls, dropping into a fighting stance, it became clear he'd learned to fight somewhere, lucky for you he wasn't using his brass knuckles, or your jaw would likely be broken by this point

Eric wiped his chin, then grinned sinisterly. "OOH, you're done now you lil' fucker." *He cracked his knuckles* "You don't fuck with a Legionnaire. We're the fucking best when it comes down to hand-to-hand." With that, he kicked the idiot stupid enough to fight him right in the balls, or at least tried to. He too dropped into a stance, and seemed very posse, but you could tell by his eyes he was ready.
@DapperDogman

He moves to the side slightly the kick hitting him in the leg "Oh, a man of action I see, what they teach you in France?" he sneers a little as he moves back, his hands making a series of complex motions betraying his years of training "They don't let you work the doors without knowing how to fight" he says as he hands weave a defensive pattern

Eric got even angrier when Jacob taunted him. "They taught me that people like you ain't nothin." Before he even finished, he hauled off and decked Jacob full in the face.

Jacob takes the blow to the face, yelping a little as he tumbles back a little, but he seems mostly unmoved "Guess we're blow for blow now" he says, his arms moving around a little as he goes in for a strike the face, feinting and kicking him in the gut "Damn you French boys don't fuck around" he says, taking a step back and shaking himself off a little

"Fuck you, I'm not French, assho- oof!" The comical sound escaped him as he took the blow to the gut. "Merde..." He fought to catch his breath, but still lashed out with his left hand towards Jacob's ribs.

Jacob catches the blow, but it doesn't hurt him as much as the earlier strike "Oh come on, you don't think that was gonna hurt me...did ya?" he says, coughing a little, it was clear he couldn't keep this up much longer, he might pass out if this kept up "Now, why don't you fuck off back to France?" he says, throwing one last punch at Eric's gut with all his strength

Status
Not open for further replies.