Nomad: Necro Rising | Part 02 - Black Paws

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Oh, well, errr, ok.... Good to knoww.... I guess..." Sariel rubs her left arm, and chuckles nervously. Forgot that shit actually exists....

Jacob - You take some of the crushed ash, and store it in the tin can. Throwing it would make an effective cloud of ash, and it was still slightly (but barely) hot. Not a bad makeshift thing to make. Whenever you were ready, you could go and help Anton open the door.
=========================================
Sariel - You can hear Anton stop in his footsteps for a second, and he gives a sigh. Not a sigh of relief or doubt, but one of respect.
"You're a strong woman. I'm sorry for your loss of vision. My grandmother was blind, and deaf, so I slightly know of the problems of it... although I can't even begin to imagine. When you're ready, soldier." Anton calls back to you. He seemed to respect you, and Milly was looking at you curiously, although she wasn't going to ask why you were blind - she had been asking too many questions about people's disabilities and she knew it by now.
Duncan - You walk up alongside Anton, coming through the corridors laced with wood and crumbly dirt, walking down the corridor to the left exit before you come to a large, blue door which looked virtually impenetrable. It was completely reinforced with bolts, and tough metal lattices, and a keypad was on the front of the reinforced door to open the code, which provided a small bit of light. Considering this bunker was a total shithole, it was surprising to see such an advanced door. Like a mangy peasant wielding a beautifully crafted shield, for a metaphorical example. You would assume either the door is soundproof or there's nothing outside, because it seems to be virtually silent on the other side of the door.
"Ready yourself, soldier. Once I unlock this with the code - 2468Y - it'll take some muscle to pull this heavy sonofagun open." Anton warns you, and types in the code slowly. The door clicks and churns unlocked, ready to be pulled. Anton readies himself, taking a hold in one of the sides of the door, but he obviously couldn't do it alone, and he knew that as he wasn't attempting to open it just yet. "Doubt we'll do it with just us two. We'll wait for the others." Anton says a little impatiently, but he was obviously being moreso patient for people to finish up in this bunker.

Audrey - Milly shrugs indifferently with a few slow blinks.
"Sounds bad, ma'am. Sorry to hear it." Milly says in deep thought as usual. Her face didn't even flinch, and you wondered if she felt any disgust or fear whatsoever. She seems to be in more wonder than disgust as she thoughtfully tucks into a ball.

Diesel - You acquire the pen and paper of justice, and there are 3 A4 sheets of clean paper. You notice on one of the bits of paper, there's a scribbling which says:
DOOR CODE - 2468Y
Other than that, the pieces of paper were clean. It seems like Anton might have written down the code to the door as a memo, and you can hear the door starting to be opened with the clicking and whirring of bolts, and Milly huddles up a little in thought.
"Huh... I wonder what it's like out there..." She mutters dreamily to herself. She could be a little...creepy sometimes.

Notable Items in the Bunk Room:
-10 Burlap sheets, all of which placed on the crude beds.
-10 Pillows, made of thin cloth, stuffed with unknown material.
-Gasoline lamp, on the table. It is shining dimly. It is half full.
-2 Empty gallon jugs. They're made from a white plastic.
-1 Gallon jug. This one has 100ml of clean water left.
-5 Empty tin cans scattered about. They once contained beans.
-Various burnt logs on the fire. They can't be reused. Some has been crushed for ash by Jacob.

Ways to go from the Bunk Room:
-Left doorway. Anton and Duncan went this way. It leads to the exit.
-North doorway. This led to the periscope room. It still had a few books.
-East doorway. It was a room once filled with food, water and logs.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Ready when you guys are." Sariel followed the general lay-out and direction of the footsteps, occasionally feeling for a wall, before stopping about 5 or six steps short of the number she heard. She leans on a wall, at least, she hopes it's a wall.

"Erm, I'm not so sure you should come with, little lady" Jacob says, patting Sariel on the shoulder "It's dangerous for me, you can't see...I'd hate to have your death on my conscience, I think you should stay here, but if you're determined, try to stick with me, I'll do my best to keep you safe" Jacob grabs the door and waits for the sign to pull

Sariel sighs, "Ok, I understand, you don't want me to come with you. I'm blind, I can't see, I understand that, but just because I can't see, doesn't mean I can't fight. I understand you don't want my death on your conscious, but you don't have to. If I die, it won't be your fault, it'll be the fault of whatever the fuck is out there." She points at the possible direction of the door. "I'll stick with you, but if I die, do everyone a favour and don't go into a mental meltdown so severe your brains melt out your ears, alright?"

Diesel shrugs at the door code, not entirely caring as he turns, following towards the exit after Duncan and Anton. He notices Jacob warning Sariel, and slowly walks over, listening to the conversation. Hell, he was mute, and he wasn't being warned. It was dangerous for all of them, especially Diesel and her....after all, she couldn't see the dangers, and he couldn't call for help or warn anyone. Walking over, he looks at the two, nodding as Sariel states that she's going and gesturing to the door, before strolling down it himself.

With a soft sigh, Audrey grabbed her bag that she'd taken when they were escaping. It was a small book bag which she had decided to put the sewing kit inside of; maybe she could use the kit to do some quick surgery though that kinda thought only caused her to shiver in discomfort. While the bag was still open, she took a moment to grab the sheet off of her bed along with the pillow. If they were gonna be out it'd be good to have something to sleep on. Hearing the conversation between Sariel and Jacob, she couldnt help but feel that Jacob was being slightly patronizing but that only bothered her slightly. Audrey adjusted the bag on her shoulders before walking up to both of them and patting Sariel on the shoulder.
"Well then, guess we should get going." Audrey smiled and took her hand away before going towards the door.

Last edited:
"You're a brave soul, I can respect that" Jacob admits, looking at Sariel "I don't think I could muster up the courage to leave without my eyesight..." he braces himself to open the door when the others gave the signal

Jackie looks at everyone else, then puts the controller away. "Maaaaybe I should go with them..." She thinks, standing up and walking over to them. "Hey, wait up for a moment."

"Hey now, Jacob, I'm sure you'd be able to, at least, if you were blind for long enough, you'd probably be able to find the approximate location of the stuff that's around. And I think that'd apply to rotting bags of shit that are trying to eat you, ya know?" Sariel chuckles, before turning to Jackie, or the direction her voice came from, anyway. "You coming too, Jack?"

Sariel - You manage to walk in the direction of the door, and nearby you can hear the door being clicked open, a few men struggling to open it as you stand there. You can hear footsteps behind you, and it was pretty horrible not knowing who was walking by you all the time, but by the soft footsteps you could tell that Milly had followed you on the way here. You had got used to listening to how people walked to know if it was someone you knew that was next to you, and if it was someone you didn't know, well, you'd know about it.
Jacob - Anton nods, and you put all your strength into tugging at the huge blast door along with Duncan and Anton. The huge reinforced steel is hard to pull and feels as if it's heavy as a lorry, but Anton suddenly shouts:
"HEAVE!" As he shouts, you all simutaneously put all your muscle into tugging at the huge door, and it gives a protesting groan as it swings open, revealing the corridor in the cave outsi- what was that?

You squint as you look ahead, and it seemed that three, rotting brown corpses that were... walking? Were groaning and blocking the way to the entrance. As the door gives a clang as it hits into the side of the wall, they slowly turn their heads, giving a menacing growl as two of them mindless shuffle towards you. Another, on the other hand, was running with an enraged scream, and you could notice that this... well, you would guess that they were zombies, although more disgusting looking than the ones you've seen in the films, that this zombie had less flesh and large, terrifying nails. It gave a screech as it jumps on Anton, pinning him down as Anton growls, barely dodging a bite as he swings his head to the side, reaching for his pocket knife but being pinned down by the faster, more dangerous zombie compared to the other two, who were just mindlessly walking at a slow pace.
"G-GAH!" He screams with effort as he narrowly dodges the claws of the fast zombie whilst being pinned down, reaching for his knife in his ankle holster.
Diesel - You walk over, watching the scene unfold. Anton was pinned down, and you could see two others menacingly approaching. You can see Milly blankly watching behind you, holding her own hands as her face was expressionless, although she said with a little fear:
"They're here. They were behind the door, waiting. Are we going to die, mister?"
Audrey - You also watch in horror as Anton is pinned down, and as the faster, clawed zombie tries to scratch at Anton's face, he tries to scratch at you, too! Luckily, you instincively manage to backpedal out the way of its long nails, the claws barely coming an inch off penetrating the skin at your thigh. You breathe heavier from the close encounter, sweating nervously.
Jackie - You walk over, but by the time you have you could notice the commotion going on by the door. The other two, slower zombies had been catching up, and one of them mindlessly gives a groan as it starts to tread over to you, ignoring Anton who was being pinned by the clawed zombie, and it reaches out for you as if it wanted your heart. It stumbled so it was near two metres away from you, and it looked into you with mindless, dirty purple eyes.
Alfred + Eric + Katie - You both suddenly awaken, jumping up with surprise in the crude, uncomfortable beds at a distressed scream of Anton. You had heard him shout at you to get up earlier, but you were so tired you accidentally fallen asleep almost instantaneously afterwards. You can hear an unnatural gurgling coming from the direction of the exit... had they opened the door? You can feel a slight pinge of adrenaline from the situation, and you could definetely tell something bad was happening. You hear Anton scream again.
"D-DAMMIT! ERIC! ALFRED! K-KAT- *gack!* GET YOUR ASSES OVER HERE! T-THERE'S MONSTERS! GRAB ANYTHING YOU C- GAHH!" Anton screams with effort, as if something was trying to kill him. You normally would be tired from getting up, but this sudden awakening leaves your eyes wide open and shaking from the potential danger, essentially fully awakening you. Both of you are currently in the bunk room.
!!COMBAT!! - Exit Room
-Zombie Rotter {10/10}. It's missing an arm. It's walking towards Jackie, readying to attack!
-Zombie Rotter 2 (10/10). It's mouth has been ripped wide open. It's walking towards Milly & Diesel slowly.

-Zombie Reaper (12/12). It's a lot faster than the other zombies. It's pinning Anton!

The zombies are blocking the way out! You can't escape until they're moved out the way/slain!
Notable Items in the Bunk Room:
-10 Burlap sheets, all of which placed on the crude beds.
-10 Pillows, made of thin cloth, stuffed with unknown material.
-Gasoline lamp, on the table. It is shining dimly. It is half full.
-2 Empty gallon jugs. They're made from a white plastic.
-1 Gallon jug. This one has 100ml of clean water left.
-5 Empty tin cans scattered about. They once contained beans.
-Various burnt logs on the fire. They can't be reused. Some has been crushed for ash by Jacob.

You can hear a commotion coming from the exit, which was to the left.
Notable Items in the Exit Room:
-A stray two by four. It's cracked and fairly rotted.
-A monkey wrench. It's extremely rusty.
-A few shards of broken glass. From a wine bottle. They're sharp, and could cut you if you had bare hands.
-An old toolbox made from plastic. All that's left is a roll of duct tape. There's nothing else.

Zombies are attacking this room!

Jackie backpedals away from the zombie, almost tripping over while doing so. "Shit, shit, shit, weapon... Flail!" She pulls out the controller again, holding it by the cord and letting the main controller part dangle down. "This shouldn't be a thing but fuck it, IMPROVISED WEAPONRY IS THE BEST."

Jackie swings the controller at the zombie, hopefully aiming at it's face. "Zombies are normally hit-the-brain-to-kill, right...?"

Eric immediately scans the room he's in, he warily eyes the two others in the room, a young guy and a girl. He briskly walks over to the ashes of the fire, and picks up a large burnt log, just the right size to hold and heavy enough to be used as a weapon. He then turns and trots towards the sound of a fight. As he steps into the exit room, he smells the rotters before he sees them. Eric utters a swear when he sees the reaper on top of Anton. "Merde!" He readies his log and takes a swing at Anton's attacker.

"Gah! Fuck Fuck fuck!"

Sariel drops to the ground, trying to feel around for something, preferably something fairly fucking sharp!

Audrey holds her chest as she breathes heavily. That was way to close, but what to do now? Oh if only she'd conveniently taken up sword collecting or something, she thought while also trying to come up with what to do. Ugh, the smell of these creatures was unbearable! Looking around, she then saw Eric walk past her with the log.

"Shit, fire, son of a bitch!" Duncan thinks to himself as he sees Anton pinned by that particularly nasty one. He has to side-step Eric's crazy wooden log swing by stepping quickly to the left to avoid getting hit. He then aims a kick at the first normal zombies' knee, hoping to have it fall to the ground.

Jacob lashes out at the closest walker, aiming to punch them in the temple, shattering their skull with his brass knuckles "Fucking shambling rotbag!"

Diesel glances at Milly, a calm, almost disinterested look on his face. No. We're not gonna die. He thinks to himself, shaking his head and pulling the knife from his pocket, before leaping at the one threatening Milly and him, aiming for a stab up through it's torn mouth and hopefully to the brain.

Jackie - You swing forth the controller, holding it by the wire as the impact of it against the zombie's face leaves it staggering back. It functioned as on okay weapon, but you're pretty sure you heard something inside the controller snap and twist as it crunches against its jaw. The zombie was still alive, but you managed to leave it stunned on the floor.
Your controller becomes slightly damaged!
=================================================================
Eric - Taking immeadiate action, you run to the fire pile and grab a decently sized log, storming towards Anton! With a surge of strength, you bring the log down painfully onto the reaper's skull, leaving it howling on the floor and stunned, giving Anton enough time to kick the reaper off him! Anton acts fast, unsheathing his combat knife from his side and bringing it down into the skull of the reaper. With a spray of blood, the reaper lays still, leaving Anton breathing heavily, but his eyes were still aware of the other zombies around him.
"I owe you one, soldier." Anton says with a respectful nod. You successfully managed to save Anton from his fate...
Sariel - You drop to the ground, feeling around for something - anything you could grab as noises echo around you. You feel something placed into your hand - it was a glass shard of some sort, which was blunt enough to be able to hold without cutting yourself, yet it would function as a good stabbing weapon. You're not quite sure who placed it into your hand, but you can hear them running off again afterwards. By the light footsteps, you could guess it was Milly. You can hear groaning to your left.
Audrey - Panting heavily, your brain wildly thinks of something to do to help in this situation as conflict is visible in the exit room, the light from the way outside temptingly visible through the cave entrance accessible to you through the now open exit door. You survey the area carefully.
You spot and reveal a pristine screwdriver in the toolbox's lid!
Duncan - You don't even give the zombie a chance to recover after Jackie hits in the jaw with her controller, and you step forth, hearing the crunch of rotting bones in the zombie's knee as you leave it growling on the ground, weakly reaching for something to attack but to no positive extent. It reaches again for your foot, but your reactions are clearly better than the zombie's speed as you draw back your foot, jumping back into a ready stance.
Jacob - You firmly attach on one of your brass knuckles, taking a strong step forward towards the zombie shambling towards Diesel and Milly, who you watched hand a shard of glass to Sariel nimbly. The familiar crunching of teeth is audiable as you aim a strong punch into the zombie's mouth, leaving it's skull clearly damaged and fractured, yet it still seemed to be somewhat alive. On the other hand, you still managed to successfully stun the zombie.
Lachlan - In duo with the punch of Jacob's brass knuckle, you whip out your knife, and aim a strong thrust through the zombie's torn mouth, brownish blood squirting against your arm as the half mutilated head of the zombie emits a horrible gurgling noise, before slumping lifeless to the floor. It is only now you can realise that the dead body of the reaper and the zombie you just slain by your own hand seems to be emitting some sort of soft, dark purple light from their eyes - but you could tell that they were dead for sure. Or should you say, double-dead.
!!COMBAT!! - Exit Room
-Zombie Rotter {3/10}. It's been knocked to the ground, and is stunned. It's seemingly helpless and waiting to die.
-Zombie Rotter 2 (0/10). It's been slain. It's head is hugely mutilated now.
-Zombie Reaper (0/12). It's been slain. It's head has a huge dent in it, and Anton's knife sticking out its skull.

The prone zombie is in the way of the way out, but it's seemingly very weak.

Notable Items in the Exit Room:
-A stray two by four. It's cracked and fairly rotted.
-A monkey wrench. It's extremely rusty.
-Two shards of broken glass. From a wine bottle. They're sharp, and could cut you if you had bare hands.
-An old toolbox made from plastic. All that's left is a roll of duct tape.
-A pristine flathead screwdriver is also inside the toolbox, pointed out by Audrey. Its end is fairly sharp.

There's one zombie left in this room, but it's very weak.

Sariel, utilizing the 'thud', the moaning, and the fact she just heard something crack to her left, starts running in said direction. Bringing her hand into the air above her head, shard of glass tightly gripped in hand, she brings it down on what she hopes is the shambler.

Status
Not open for further replies.