Nobility©

Status
Not open for further replies.
[fieldbox=Luciana Tiriaq, purple, solid]

League: Komenco
Mood: Irritated
Inventory: Knives
Luciana had just started to climb again towards the screeching monkey noises. It was hard to tell in the dark, but she presumed the doors were shut up at the 22nd Story. That was going to be a problem; she wasn't really equipped to pry open metal doors. Just as she finished that thought, a dark body shot through down towards her.

"Woah!"

Luckily the faller caught on the cables, just inches from her face. It took her a minute to recognize the upside-down Kimirou. He wasn't wearing his sunglasses anymore, and there was a weird, silvery sheen to his irises. That might have just been her own eye playing tricks on her, though. At his comment, she shook her head.

"Save the compliments for someone you haven't kicked out of their apartment. What's going on with those monkeys? Your call was definitely an attention-getter but didn't really explain the problem. Kehinde and Orion are downstairs dealing with some weirdo, I don't know how long it's going to take them to get up here, especially with the power out."

Pausing, she glanced back up the shaft. "Also how did you get in here? Weren't you on the twenty-second floor?"​

[/fieldbox]

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: 2 people
[fieldbox=The Nightwalker, gray, dashed]

"A decoy huh?" Ivo kicked a rock as he walked down the street, "Is that all I'm used for these days?" Ivo was clearly upset at being told what to do. As soon as he turned the corner he heard the sirens come closer and closer. He decided to run over to a wall and hide. He knew he needed to draw attention away from the hotel, so he took matters in his own hands. He heard a police car approaching.

As the car turned the corner, he darted out nonchalantly causing the cop car to slam on it's breaks. "What the hell," The officer exclaimed exiting the vehicle, turning on his flashlight shining in on Ivo, "You serious? You could've gotten yourself killed." He continued. The officer raised his hand to his shoulder, "Adam 4...I have a disorderly on 4th and 6th." The white noise became louder upon finishing his statement. Ivo smirked a little, "Isn't it protocol to call for back up when your not sure what happen?" He calmly asked. The police officer shot him as look, "Hey...no one asked you to dart out in front of a moving car." His radio chimed in, "Adam 9 to Adam 6 I'm en route. Do you have a visual?" The police officer took one look at Ivo and placed his hand on the mic, "Yeah, He's about six feet seven, dark hair, can't really see in all this darkness." The white noise once again came through. The police officer's flashlight began to flicker after the statement he made. Like any other person, the first instinct would be to shake it around. Ivo once again spoke, "Having trouble with your flashlight huh?" The police officer looked back up at Ivo, "Cool it will ya?" He answered.

The flashlight finally went out revealing complete darkness. "Damn it!" He cursed, "Don't move or I'll shoot." He added placing his hand on the weapon. Ivo gave a hair-raising chuckle. His chuckle had a wheezing sound to it that rang in anyone's ear. "Oh don't shoot me officer. Wouldn't want you to misfire," Ivo began to proceed forward, "You aren't afraid of the dark are you?" The officer drew his weapon and pointed it, "Take another step I dare ya." Ivo froze playfully and put his hands up. He rose his left leg and protruded it out and took a step. "[BCOLOR=#ff6600]Bang![/BCOLOR]" The gun went off. The officer thought he got him. "Oh man firing in the dark like that shouldn't be a course of action," Ivo remarked sitting on top of the man's car, swing his legs. The police officer looked up at him with confusion, "H....h..How.......?" Ivo wheezed again, "D...d...Don't worry I'm not harmed," He then gestured toward his backup revealing him fall to the ground, "Aww...and he just got engaged."

The officer began to violently shake. He practically just shot his partner. With everything that was going on he didn't even hear or see his partner pull up. The officer quickly turned to Ivo direction opening fire, "[BCOLOR=#ff6600]Bang![/BCOLOR]" "[BCOLOR=#339966]Bang![/BCOLOR]" "[BCOLOR=#0000ff]Bang![/BCOLOR]" "[BCOLOR=#ff0000]Bang![/BCOLOR]" The shots rang out. Once he shot his last bullet Ivo appeared from behind him and tapped him. The officer turned around and quickly pointed, but it was too late Ivo was too quick. Ivo placed three fingers on the man's forehead and spoke, "Go to sleep..." The officer dropped his weapon and drop to Ivo feet, falling over. The fingerprints could be seen on the man's forehead afterward. "Man how unfortunate." He frowned stepping over the man, hoping into his car.

He closed the door behind him, "Adam 6? What's your 10-23?" The radio spoke awaiting a response. "Adam 6? Has Adam 9 arrived?" The radio continued. Ivo put the car in gear and continued to drive on. "Adam 3 head over to 6th and 6th to check on Adam 6." the radio went on. "Ten four." A unit responded. Ivo continued to drive on. He successfully blacked out that intersection. As he drove, he came across a hospital. He got to thinking that this would be a great decoy to use so he could look good and the recruit could look good. He threw the car in park then stepped out, "I'll show them I can be an elite." Stepping out he placed his feet on the ground causing a black mist to come from his person. The mist traveled up the light pole and down the line overriding the electricity. One by one light began to shut down. "Perfect..." He observed, adjusting his clothing and starting for the hospital. It was only a few feet from the car.

As he got to the sliding door a nurse quickly greeted him, "Good evening sir, can I help you?" Ivo looked up and met her glance then started for the counter, "Yes ma'am," He got up to the counter, "May I ask the source of light in this building?" The nurse gestured with a confused look, "Electricity?" She retorted. Ivo looked down at her, "Yes of course," "[BCOLOR=#ffcc00][BCOLOR=#993300]Click![/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]" his fingers sounded causing the lights to blackout, "Well what if I told you I can override electricity? Would you believe me?" He casually asked. "The generator isn't work, but the power button is still on!" One person ran in yelling. "I'll have a seat over here," He pointed as if the nurse could see him, "Let me know when the police get here I have quite a bit of a surprise for them." He finished. The nurse was at a loss for words. She didn't know what to think let alone process what she just saw. Before he went to sit down, Ivo got up in the nurse's face and said, "Boo..." The poor nurse passed completely out. Ivo casually walked over and sat down. "Oh..this may turn out to be a little something." He remarked reaching for a magazine.[fieldbox]

@Affili @RainDash @Ayla @Drakken[/fieldbox][/fieldbox]

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
[fieldbox="Balleze Crimson, Orange, Solid"]
It all had transpired in a matter of seconds. Two more knights were on the scene right now and suddenly Sebastian's Konsido had been interrupted and his partially severed wrist dangled helplessly. Luckily for him the limb had not been completely lobbed off. Just a subtle example of the power at young Ralph's disposal and his ability to control it.

It didn't matter to Balleze in any case as he had already prepared a counter attack, thinking several moves ahead of Sebastian, a unique little trait he was proud of in actual fact. It had proven useful getting him out of trouble on several occasions. But he could not help feeling relieved once Ralph's companion mentioned something about falsified information and Balleze not being the one they were after. He was not fully focused on the two new arrivals at that moment, eyes still locked on Sebastian and Gaia as he fought to ignore the throbbing pain in his shoulder.

Initially three Knights against one Slayer? Balleze was not sure if he should be flattered or pissed. In any case, Ralph's companion did not use his rank in his title when she addressed him pleading for him to take his leave and this said enough on its own.

Temporarily blinded as Margie drew her sword it was almost enough to convince Balleze to take his leave right then, but curiosity got the better of him and he stayed just long enough to see her sword turn to condensation and feel the chilling cold as it began to ebb at his own existence, as his eyes gazed upon the reflection of her sword. Once that terrible soul spike shot forth Balleze found his body moving on its own, Away from them. "Such terrible power" he commented aloud as he darted from tree branch to tree branch.
"Chreosi Eta" he muttered mid flight, splitting his soul essence into four blades. The assassin paused just long enough to scatter the soul swords in four different directions at great speed before suppressing what was left of his own soul essence and dropping off the grid entirely, leaving only the traces of the four soul blades until they faded away. It should prove enough to confuse whoever was tracking him long enough for him to vanish. He would need time to recuperate and relax while he figured out just what was going on within the leagues.

Balleze paused at a shallow pool of clean water to wash the grime from his face and was shocked to see that streaks of silver had shot through his hair and as his mind drifted back to Margie's attack he shuddered at the thought of what could have happened if he had stuck around any longer.
[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
  • Love
[fieldbox="Silverwolf, Blue, Solid"]
Mood : Irritable

He sat quietly with his coffee , rubbing his temples at both Amaya's stubbornness and Arria's sharp tongue. Silver he was quite happy to let Braam quell the drama this time, it was his turn anyway. What good was it for them all to get paid if Amaya was too dead to enjoy it.
"Don't be silly Amaya" he commented calmly to her as the nurse got her settled again. "There is no way the League would penalize us for arriving late. That's a ridiculous assumption and I'm not sure where you got that idea from. We left the base as a squad and we will return with Arria as one. I don't care if she's been transferred from Sango! That's a brutal place for anyone to be stationed and if she isn't the right sort for that League, she would have been miserable anyway." He finished with a sigh as his gaze moved to Arria. He didn't buy the tough girl approach she was trying to sell. Something about her seemed better suited for Homoj anyway and Silver had a feeling she would not be returning to Sango any time soon.

"Besides, they never gave us a time to be back at base. So how could they penalize us for being late on our return?" he offered Amaya with a smile, throwing his arms up into a shrug. "So just lay there would you, until your lovely nurse days we can leave. You want me to fix you a cup of coffee?"

He fixed his gaze on Arria once more "So tell me a little about yourself. It doesn't have to be personal mind you! But if you're going to be a part of this squad for any period of time, we should know what your skill levels are, weapons of choice, known Konsidos, you know all that good stuff just incase we run into trouble.

Just then, the lights grew dim, flickered a few times then everything went dark. It was no cause for alarm at first as hospitals in Delia all had back up power systems. But when those few seconds drew on to several minutes with no power being restored Silver stirred from his seat. and moved into the hallway.

Machine alarms could be heard all over the hospital, life support monitors and everything in between began beeping and whistling as the nurses and doctors began moving around frantically and within a few more minutes, commotion erupted in the hallways around their room. A blur of sounds, yelling, panic everything Silver could hear confirmed his suspicions that something was wrong.
He grabbed the nearest nurse and held her fast for a moment "Whats going on nurse?" he queried looking into the eyes of the frantic nurse
"There's been a power failure... thats all I know now please... there's patients I need to tend to. This is terrible" she commented as he released her before she hurried off on another direction.

"Shit. Just our luck" he spat. In all honesty, it really was not their concern as Amaya was no longer in critical condition, but what kind of man would he be, if he left a hospital in panic without at least trying to help out where he could.

He called back towards their room "I'm going to the front desk to see if there's some way I can help. With that he looked at Arria "You coming? he asked as he began picking his way through the swarm of people.[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
  • Love
[fieldbox= Jonathan "Braam" Redaman, blue, solid]
Braam settled back to give the nurses some room while they tended to Amaya again, and scolded her. In the meantime, he listened to Silver's attempt to persuade Amaya and nodded along. Arria... she made a sensible suggestion. Braam had his doubts about her. For now though, he didn't have much choice but to let her help them. They were a squad now. However temporary her assignment might be. He would just have to be careful and keep an eye on her. He started to agree with Silver's suggestion that she tell them more about her when the lights went off.

Irritation flared up again, but he only sighed and waited for the emergency power to come on. However, when it didn't and the nurses and doctors started panicking, Braam found himself likewise growing concerned. Amaya would be fine, but there were people here in worse condition, some relying on machines to keep them alive. In the time that had already passed, people could already be dead. The thought that any number of lives had been wasted by a simple mechanical failure made Braam absolutely furious. Had the hospital not been properly maintaining its emergency generators?

That was when, amongst the chaos and the noise, Braam finally noticed the spike of Soul Essence nearby. The hairs on the back of his neck rose up, though the sensation quickly faded as broiling hot anger burned it away. He clenched his jaw and went out of the room after Silver and said, "Arria, you come with me." His other teammate hadn't gotten far in this crowd, so he was able to catch up and put a hand on his shoulder. "Wait, Silver. Stay and watch Amaya. I'll take Arria up front. I can sense someone's rising soul essence at the entrance." He glared up at the ceiling even though Silver probably couldn't see the gesture. "And I don't think it's a coincidence. Maybe more thugs, like those twins." He added in a heated tone, "This could be a distraction."

A very costly, damaging distraction, and one for which the perpetrator would pay dearly, but a possible distraction nonetheless. He didn't want to leave Amaya alone in this place, while in her weakened state, and he definitely didn't trust Arria to watch her yet. One might argue he was taking a greater risk by having her be his backup in a potential fight, but that didn't matter to him right now. There was also the possibility of letting Arria go with Silver and him staying behind, but again, he didn't want to risk one of his teammates with an as-of-yet unknown factor. Regardless of what the League had to say. The safety of his teammates took priority over his own in his mind.

People moved in panicked motions here in the dark. Even some of the flashlights the nurses were using didn't work, and various monitors fell silent. This was definitely no normal power outage. Someone did this deliberately, using some kind of power. And Braam had every intention of making him suffer for it. Simply killing him would not suffice.
[/fieldbox]

• Love
[fieldbox=Amaya Mikazuki, blue, solid[

[CENTER][Location: Hospital]
[Mood: Confused, angery]
[Invetory: -]
[/CENTER]
Amaya watched as the lights flickered, making her head hurt. Every slight movement made the room spin, and even the sound of their voices made her see something similar to an echo. It was odd, and thought maybe she was hopped up on some drug that they didnt tell her about. Did they tell her about any drug? She was sure. She didnt feel any pain, but wondered again if she was high on something. She didnt really know, or cared. Her bones felt heavy, but everybody in the Hospital was going into a mad frenzy. She was no longer relying on the medical equipment to keep her alive, but other people in this place were.

She grabbed Braam's arm, tugging it urgently.
"Let me help. These people could die, Braam."
She hoped she sounded more convincing than she felt. However, she hated the fact that she was being forced to stay here in the bed while people were dying. It pained her, knowing she could do something but also couldnt at the same time, and it made her chest constrict with emotion. She had to help, or it would weigh on her shoulders until they left the damned hospital.

@Drakken

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Arria, blue, solid"]
She was about to reply to the boys when the lights flickered out, the hospital going dark and the screams of nurses, patients, and visitors alike began. It wasn't bad but the flurry of activity certainly was dufferent. Not to mention the soul essence she sensed up front. She could barely feel it, but it was there.

Was it the man from the Sango attack? Or someone else? Either way they were dealing with someone capable and deadly. Silver was the first out and Braam followed after him. Arria half stood there watching the two before Amaya spoke.

"Two teams," Arria suggested loud enough the the rest of them to hear, "One goes to the desk and the other goes to the patients to help."
[/fieldbox]

Status
Not open for further replies.